ImageImageImage

Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,148

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#81 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:40 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I do like that he mentioned working more on his catch and shoots. Dude knows his role

I like how he said he doesnt look at it as my team or your team but its everyone's team and they gotta do it together while still acknowledging its bookers stomping grounds.

Beal is dope.

This seasons gunna be great.

EVERYONE STAY HEALTHY!
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,148

Post#82 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:45 am

What can you do to impact the basketball game to win? **** your stats! :nod:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#83 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:02 pm

I think the character/maturity aspect of Beal is being overlooked by some of the people when questioning on court fit. Beals not coming here looking to score 30 a game, he's coming here to try to win in his 30s.

The longer it's been since this trade and looking at what other paths they could have went down with CPs contract I like this trade more and more.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#84 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I think the character/maturity aspect of Beal is being overlooked by some of the people when questioning on court fit. Beals not coming here looking to score 30 a game, he's coming here to try to win in his 30s.

The longer it's been since this trade and looking at what other paths they could have went down with CPs contract I like this trade more and more.

I think it's less concern about on court fit and more about on payroll.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#85 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:35 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I think the character/maturity aspect of Beal is being overlooked by some of the people when questioning on court fit. Beals not coming here looking to score 30 a game, he's coming here to try to win in his 30s.

With the contracts we're going to see going forward and a 10% cap increase each year I think that's probably a touch overblown too.

But yeah I get the money and health concerns but I've seen a surprising amount of 'they will need two balls' and 'how will 3 scorers work together' stuff by media and fans. Which personally I think is weird because Booker and KD are straight up good off the ball players and I think Beal can be too. I think the fit is going to look good once they get a little time to get used to each other.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#86 » by BobbieL » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm

it was a no brainer from the Suns perspective

if you are going with Durant and Booker - you are almost all in. Can't stop like Sarver would have

Beal will be fine I think . More so than Kyrie or Harden
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#87 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 12:07 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

With the contracts we're going to see going forward and a 10% cap increase each year I think that's probably a touch overblown too.

But yeah I get the money and health concerns but I've seen a surprising amount of 'they will need two balls' and 'how will 3 scorers work together' stuff by media and fans. Which personally I think is weird because Booker and KD are straight up good off the ball players and I think Beal can be too. I think the fit is going to look good once they get a little time to get used to each other.

These are called "low hanging fruit"

This is 3 guys with one unified goal and very little distractions off the court.

Another note on the high salary, it was either on the Empire of the Suns or the Timeline podcast but one of the boys mentioned if you're going to be around or in the 2nd apron, you're much better off having 3.5 stars (DA is a half star) and being way over the 2nd apron than being just under and afraid to go over or just over and still being hit with the restrictions.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#88 » by darmani » Sat Jul 1, 2023 9:51 am

Spoiler:

What do you guys think? Solid offer?
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#89 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 10:05 am

darmani wrote:
Spoiler:

Need to throw in Booker as well
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,439

Post#90 » by sunskerr » Sat Jul 1, 2023 8:10 pm

darmani wrote:
Spoiler:

:lol: I love it
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#91 » by sunsbum » Sun Jul 2, 2023 8:04 am

MrMiyagi wrote:

Your monopoly money running dry?
I hate this team.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#92 » by sunsbum » Sun Jul 2, 2023 8:44 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:

What can you do to impact the basketball game to win? **** your stats! :nod:
Preaching with conviction, I like it, lets hit this up mid season and see where we're at. We walkin the talk?
I hate this team.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#93 » by KL78192020 » Tue Jul 4, 2023 3:55 am

MrMiyagi wrote:

What difference does the payroll make? The suns were already capped out. They lose the tax mid level exception, Beal is better than any player they would get for at the MLE.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#94 » by Moochthemonkey » Tue Jul 4, 2023 6:19 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:I think it's less concern about on court fit and more about on payroll.

These are called "low hanging fruit"

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,951

Post#95 » by Saberestar » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:35 am

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,815

Post#96 » by Qwigglez » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Damn man…
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#97 » by Puff » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:52 pm

Well, it appears that BBB (Bad Back Beal) wasn't that great of a bargain.

We would be better off with OMC 3 (Old Man Chris Paul) or whoever we could have signed at the point guard position this past off season. Beal had back problems in Washington. How did our owner, GM and Doctors approve of paying this guy $50 mil per year for the next 4 years?

This is not a new issue with BBB.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#98 » by Crives » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:00 pm

Damn
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,099

Post#99 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:12 pm

I said it at the moment: Reckless owner.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#100 » by LV-Suns » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:16 pm

Whoever keeps clearing out players just to get injured again needs to get fired. This has happened multiple times.
I Dont wanna be here

Return to Phoenix Suns