Ish Wainwright
35%

Total votes: 78

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,178

Who should be cut 

Post#1 » by bigfoot » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:18 pm

Assuming a trade will not happen and the need to get to 15 rostered players, who do you believe should be cut?
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Re: Who should be cut 

Post#2 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:10 pm

I think you have the wrong Lee here
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#3 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:11 pm

Grayson Allen
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#4 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:24 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Grayson Allen

How dare you sir
bigfoot

Post#5 » by bigfoot » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:30 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:I think you have the wrong Lee here

Saben Lee is a two-way and will not be cut
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Post#6 » by darealjuice » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:39 pm

Damian Lee seems like an obvious choice. He's injured and would be at the end of the bench either way.

Ish Wainwright arguably has the least upside of the remaining relatively young players and hasn't touched the floor during preseason, so he's probably on the chopping block.

Little is under contract for 4 years, I doubt he's getting cut. Might as well give Keon and Bol a year to get a good look at them, we don't have a lot of youth on the roster anyways.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#7 » by Mulhollanddrive » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:56 pm

Lee and Johnson for me.

Keep in mind Wainwright is beneficial as his contract isn't guaranteed this year, if there's a player to come in he goes for no tax hit.

Maybe light on for guards but wings are wings now a days and size can be an advantage on the perimeter as long as Vogel has his rim protection for quicker guards.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,761

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:58 pm

Johnson for sure and probably Wainwright over Lee. Is Bol Bol just a one year contract? I would really like it if we had options on him, but not sure. I would definitely keep Little....and Bol Bol.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Post#9 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:19 pm

Interesting results so far. Went with Bol and Lee.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#10 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:26 pm

Ish is getting cut, deals non guaranteed so it saves millions considering the tax penalty.

I would have said Johnson but personally I'd go Lee now since it doesn't look likely he will play this year.

Little shouldn't be on the poll. There's no way with his contact he's cut.

Goodwin probably should be on the poll because only $300k of his deal is guaranteed. If they don't really see a path where he actually plays they could cut him and save a decent amount of cash.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#11 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:55 am

bigfoot wrote:

But I want him to be
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#12 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:58 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

But I want him to be

It’s not about what you want but what I want. :evil:

Spoiler:
And I want to be with you :kiss

Spoiler:
No homo
bigfoot

Post#13 » by bigfoot » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:03 am

I went with Bol because he looks as dumb rocks out there so far in two preseason games. The lesson learned from DA is low IQ basketball players just don't work at the elite level.

I also went with Damion Lee because he is going to be out most of the season and just can't see how he will be able to help out in the playoffs with no time to integrate and practice with the team.

Putting Little on the list was definitely wrong but I saw a lot of people really down on him in the first two games. The fact that he's under a four year contract means he's on the team for the foreseeable future.

Keon's option for 24/25 comes up at the end of the month. So the Suns could decline him and eat his salary this year. I did like some of his offense last night against Portland. He put up some nifty moves but made some boneheaded plays too. Supposedly defense is his calling card.

Ish seems like a really good locker room presence. Also, I'm not convinced KBD or Metu can handle a big like LeBron or Giannis. Wainwright on the other hand played some pretty good defense last season. In fact, with players over 900 minutes played, he was third best on the team. I know Goodwin and Okogie are going to be able to handle the small guards and wings. I think Wainwright can handle wings and bigs. This team has plenty of scorers and needs good high IQ defenders.

For me, Lee being cut should be a certainty. It's a toss up between Bol and Johnson and I'm just not getting the vibe from Bol as a high IQ defensive player.
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#14 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:18 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

But I want him to be

It’s not about what you want but what I want. :evil:

Spoiler:
And I want to be with you :kiss

Spoiler:
No homo

Hold me
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#15 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:40 am

Damion Lee and Ish Wainright. It’s unfortunate because I really like both as humans. Both are good teammates and show a lot of love to the fans. It sucks but part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#16 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:54 am

Bol and Lee.

Lee because he's hurt and even when he's not we have too many shooting 2s. Bol because he has no role in a playoff series
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,476

Post#17 » by sunskerr » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:42 pm

Voted Bol and Lee last night and slept on it. Woke up and I think that's the right call.

Lee is just injured and you can't carry a guy like that on the team as a 14th man especially when you just got Grayson Allen. Bol is worse than Metu.

I can see an argument for Wainwright to be cut. Honestly it's bloody close. Just think Wainwright would try to do less in his minutes than Bol who does all this ball handling and dribbling that we quite frankly do not need. Ish just can stand in a corner or something, so that's a safer bet with our 3 star creators.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,013

Post#18 » by kennydorglas » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:08 pm

Bol and Ish
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Post#19 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:21 pm

bigfoot wrote:I went with Bol because he looks as dumb rocks out there so far in two preseason games. The lesson learned from DA is low IQ basketball players just don't work at the elite level.

I also went with Damion Lee because he is going to be out most of the season and just can't see how he will be able to help out in the playoffs with no time to integrate and practice with the team.

Putting Little on the list was definitely wrong but I saw a lot of people really down on him in the first two games. The fact that he's under a four year contract means he's on the team for the foreseeable future.

Keon's option for 24/25 comes up at the end of the month. So the Suns could decline him and eat his salary this year. I did like some of his offense last night against Portland. He put up some nifty moves but made some boneheaded plays too. Supposedly defense is his calling card.

Ish seems like a really good locker room presence. Also, I'm not convinced KBD or Metu can handle a big like LeBron or Giannis. Wainwright on the other hand played some pretty good defense last season. In fact, with players over 900 minutes played, he was third best on the team. I know Goodwin and Okogie are going to be able to handle the small guards and wings. I think Wainwright can handle wings and bigs. This team has plenty of scorers and needs good high IQ defenders.

For me, Lee being cut should be a certainty. It's a toss up between Bol and Johnson and I'm just not getting the vibe from Bol as a high IQ defensive player.

Yeah I thought Keon would be a logical choice and I still don't really like him as a player but Bol Bol just seems kind of....irrelevant/pointless out there. He played his best basketball when he was getting heavy minutes with Orlando and he's not going to get that here and he made some pretty low BBIQ mistakes in those heavy minutes too.

And Lee, I would've been fine with keeping him because he seems like a great locker room guy who has an NBA skill but the guy just won't be contribute this year with his injury so it makes no sense to use that roster spot on him.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,006

Post#20 » by Saberestar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:55 pm

Frank Vogel on Ish Wainright: "He was in here (this summer) more than anybody on our team. Extremely, extremely dedicated hard worker. Wants to perfect his craft. A good culture guy and our whole organization loves having him around and I've enjoyed getting to know him."

Franl Vogel talking high about a player...so he is gonna be waived. Lol.

Return to Phoenix Suns