ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - A Rocky Start

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which 2 teams in the top 4 scare you the most in a playoff series?

Clippers
52%
Nuggets
37%
Thunder
9%
Timberwolves
2%

Total votes: 46

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,737

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - A Rocky Start 

Post#2641 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:51 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:Would you do Allen + Little for Okeke + Ingles

I wouldn't trade Allen at all honestly unless I had inside information that intended to leave in free agency anyways. And even then, Allen is far too valuable to us ( currently) for that return to be equitable. Okeke is solid but maybe worth a 2nd based upon his rotational hierarchy in Orlando.

And Ingles just isn't worth much at all anymore in my estimation. He's hardcore dadbodding it out there like he's been following the boris diaw diet plan and currently looks like thst weird uncle that plays rec ball at the "Y" trying to relive his glory days. For Allen, I'd need something more significant for sure.

Now I can’t get the description out of my head. Still pretty accurate and funny though. Nicely done, GOK!! #GOKMAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN

:D
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#2642 » by garrick » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:55 am

Revived wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:irony that halliburton and smith ended on the same team. while suns are empty handed with one generetional star and one solid starter. i hate what jones is doin or better say not doing in young player evaluation and draft.
means less work for him and play 2k-ish gm.
we will remember these acts in 4 years.

James Jones is a s**ty negotiator in trades imo. Like I feel the guy just caves into whatever the other team demands.

I’ll give you an example…how the hell did the Suns end up having to trade Camara in addition to Ayton in the 3 way Lillard deal when the Bucks were getting the best player in the deal AND the Bucks didn’t even have to give up their young prospects like Andre Jackson Jr, Chris Livingston, MarJon Beauchamp etc.

Bucks GM smartly avoided caving in and giving up any young player like that while James Jones gave up literally the one young prospect the Suns had with any potential.

And Camara hasn’t been anything worthwhile offensively but even as a rookie he’s been excellent defensively. Blazers fans are hyped af about him and I watched the Blazers/Bucks game tonight and Camara was spectacular in shutting down Giannis, providing great help and switching effortlessly onto Lillard.

Imagine if we had a guy like that on this team getting mins over utter worthless players like KBD, Metu etc.

I’ve said it before but James Jones needs to be fired and replaced with Bob Meyers. Ishbia can afford to make Meyers an offer he can’t refuse to come back and be GM again.

I think Ishbia should be blamed for both the Ayton and KD trade not coming with enough protections on picks and players (Camara) so firing JJ won't do anything right now but yeah JJ should not be let near a NBA team ever again.

Agreed that Camara is exactly the kind of defensive PF that we could use right now he's the steal of the Ayton trade and I think Portland is pretty happy with the trade even if Ayton never pans out. They just need to wait till the last season of DA's contract if they're trying to offload him for assets.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#2643 » by Mulhollanddrive » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:19 am

Camara sucks shoots 41%
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,737

Post#2644 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#2645 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:04 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would reach out to Brooklyn and offer Gordon, Okogie, Eubanks, 2nd for those two players in a heartbeat. That trade would make us serious contenders.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#2646 » by spanishninja » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:20 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would reach out to Brooklyn and offer Gordon, Okogie, Eubanks, 2nd for those two players in a heartbeat. That trade would make us serious contenders.

DFS alone makes 14 mil a year. no way we can get him for those. Also, we really can't afford to lose Eubanks right now without getting a center in return.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,259

Post#2647 » by Bogyo » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:34 am

sunskerr wrote:Not a Suns post but I was thinking about the Rockets and how the early season/offseason talk was that they went and signed vets too quickly which might trap them/accelerate their progress at the expense of a lower ceiling ala Sacramento and I don't know if it's true.

They have a franchise guy it looks like in Sengun, and the other prospects in Smith, Eason, and Whitmore look promising. Now Green the last few weeks is turning the corner. Amen Thompson hasn't shown much nor has he been able to play his way into the rotation, but with those other five guys he will not even have to develop a multifaceted offensive game (defensively for him the sky is the limit). That's six core guys with varying levels of potential all looking like viable NBA prospects.

Time will tell, as all NBA teams are experiments and you can only test things with time. But it looks to be the opposite of what was said in the offseason - the Rockets look like they have enough for the future. My guess is that Whitmore becomes the #2 star after Sengun, but Green, Smith, and Thompson also have that potential.

Or maybe they all just suck next year who knows.

They suck. Their offseason was terrible. They signed 2 of the worst volume shooters in recent history. One of them is a SG in a small PGs body, and getting old. The other is just an asss, like in general - antics withouth substance. Barf.
They got lucky in 2 things: One, Sengun grew about 2 inches and developed very good during the summer. If those don't happen he is a good, young, poor mans Sabonis. Now he is a legit C, with the same skills as Sabonis, which actually makes him a better player (in the near future anyways).
Two: their two new signings (who are actually not good at shooting) started the year off white-hot for some reason. I mean Brooks was leading the league at one point in 3point %. His previous seasons were 30% and 32% - even now that he is returning to the mean is at 39%. That is just not sustainable, it never was.
If one or two of their youngsters turn out to be something they still have a chance to get better, and build a core around Sengun, but they will have to drop FVV and Brooks - preferably a year before their contract expiry for a pick or something.
# waiting for the next chapter
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#2648 » by sunsbum » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:41 am

I dunno, I get the pickings are slim but Royce doesn’t do it for me. The kid from Charlotte, I like his length and rebounding. Say what y’all want about JJ but Ishbia has emptied the cupboards. We know that as a fact.
I hate this team.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#2649 » by garrick » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:53 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Camara sucks shoots 41%

His shooting stats aren't good but this is his rookie season and he can only improve from here on out.

He played some pretty good defense on Giannis in some spots and if we had him we wouldn't really be relying on him to score he would be the point man on defense which none of our forwards seem to be doing very well so far.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,279

Post#2650 » by Slim Charless » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:23 am

garrick wrote:

His shooting stats aren't good but this is his rookie season and he can only improve from here on out.

He played some pretty good defense on Giannis in some spots and if we had him we wouldn't really be relying on him to score he would be the point man on defense which none of our forwards seem to be doing very well so far.

He's a great dirty work, fill in the gaps, glue guy. Someone this team could've absolutely used. It was stupid to include him in the Ayton trade. Absolutely stupid.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2651 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:51 am

Slim Charless wrote:
garrick wrote:

He's a great dirty work, fill in the gaps, glue guy. Someone this team could've absolutely used. It was stupid to include him in the Ayton trade. Absolutely stupid.

True, will be very irritating if he turns out better than guys like Metu, Little, Goodwin, KBD, etc..
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2652 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:02 am

A big trade that can change the magnitude of the playoffs for the Phoenix Suns will be coming in the next couple of days. Stay tuned..
Iceman36
Sophomore
And1: 311

Post#2653 » by Iceman36 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:23 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:A big trade that can change the magnitude of the playoffs for the Phoenix Suns will be coming in the next couple of days. Stay tuned..

Knowledge or hope? :wink:
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#2654 » by Golanator » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:32 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-years-nba-trade-market-hindered-by-a-lack-of-significant-activity-135454803.html

"As for Charlotte wing Miles Bridges, the Phoenix Suns continue to be described by league personnel as the team most motivated to land the Michigan State product. And it should be noted that Bridges hails from the same Spartans program that Phoenix owner Mat Ishbia was a part of under legendary head coach Tom Izzo. Bridges would add a sturdy forward that Phoenix’s roster currently lacks and could allow the Suns to deploy more effective small-ball lineups with Kevin Durant at the five."

Basketball wise only: good player, meh fit, but better than anything we have. We also wouldn't be giving up anything of value (because we don't have anything of value to give)

Everything else: gross. surely there's a player out there who didn't beat the **** out of his gf that we could acquire, even if the player is slightly worse at basketball
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,001

Post#2655 » by kennydorglas » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:33 pm

So Embiid's MVP season is officially over.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#2656 » by BobbieL » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:35 pm

Golanator wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/this-years-nba-trade-market-hindered-by-a-lack-of-significant-activity-135454803.html

"As for Charlotte wing Miles Bridges, the Phoenix Suns continue to be described by league personnel as the team most motivated to land the Michigan State product. And it should be noted that Bridges hails from the same Spartans program that Phoenix owner Mat Ishbia was a part of under legendary head coach Tom Izzo. Bridges would add a sturdy forward that Phoenix’s roster currently lacks and could allow the Suns to deploy more effective small-ball lineups with Kevin Durant at the five."

Basketball wise only: good player, meh fit, but better than anything we have. We also wouldn't be giving up anything of value (because we don't have anything of value to give)

Everything else: gross. surely there's a player out there who didn't beat the **** out of his gf that we could acquire, even if the player is slightly worse at basketball

exactly -- this trade just feels wrong to me
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2657 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:36 pm

kennydorglas wrote:So Embiid's MVP season is officially over.

It’s just a meniscus injury he should be back next week.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#2658 » by Golanator » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:41 pm

BobbieL wrote:
Golanator wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/this-years-nba-trade-market-hindered-by-a-lack-of-significant-activity-135454803.html

I get that our options are very limited but damn, I hate having that cloud over our franchise. He also has a court date in like 3 weeks after he violated his probation back in October (by throwing pool balls at his ex-girlfriends car and breaking her windshield...with their children in the car too)
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2659 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:46 pm

Golanator wrote:
BobbieL wrote:

I get that our options are very limited but damn, I hate having that cloud over our franchise. He also has a court date in like 3 weeks after he violated his probation back in October (by throwing pool balls at his ex-girlfriends car and breaking her windshield...with their children in the car too)

What a dumbazz! Now he won’t have 15 color coded numbered balls to play pool. Miles Bridges keeps getting dumber by the minute it seems.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#2660 » by BobbieL » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:47 pm

Golanator wrote:
BobbieL wrote:

Exactly! He still is not in the clear even. I hope Ishbia doesn't do this to his MSU ties

Just move on. Take the TJ McConnell type trade, see if you can get PJ on a buyout and go from there

Return to Phoenix Suns