ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - A Rocky Start

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which 2 teams in the top 4 scare you the most in a playoff series?

Clippers
52%
Nuggets
37%
Thunder
9%
Timberwolves
2%

Total votes: 46

Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - A Rocky Start 

Post#2661 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:25 pm

Baffling how ya'll complain about Miles Bridges off-court issues as if they effect his ability to do anything on the court. So quick to defend Mr. Brad Glass who eats up a ton of cap which is why we don't have any flexibility when it comes to trades. But then... " i don't want Bridges cuz he is a wife beater! waaaa" when we realistically couldn't trade for a better player (even at rental) because Brad Beal is making 46+mil this year to be a mediocre shooter and disinterested "star" going through the motions.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#2662 » by Saberestar » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:18 pm

Stix wrote:Baffling how ya'll complain about Miles Bridges off-court issues as if they effect his ability to do anything on the court. So quick to defend Mr. Brad Glass who eats up a ton of cap which is why we don't have any flexibility when it comes to trades. But then... " i don't want Bridges cuz he is a wife beater! waaaa" when we realistically couldn't trade for a better player (even at rental) because Brad Beal is making 46+mil this year to be a mediocre shooter and disinterested "star" going through the motions.

As a fan I prefer to like the players on the team, I am not gonna lie saying that wouldn't bother me to cheer for a dumb guy like Miles Bridges.

Bradley Beal? Of course I love him and he is playing really well since coming back from his ankle injury.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,796

Post#2663 » by darealjuice » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:21 pm

Waaaa he's a wife beater :lol:
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#2664 » by Golanator » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:24 pm

darealjuice wrote:Waaaa he's a wife beater :lol:

Incredible. As if that's something that's cool and everyone does.

I would love to see Stix's SO reaction to reading his post.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#2665 » by Saberestar » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:52 pm

Gambo
For those asking and a lot are - Break out the BOC. The answer is NO on Tyus Jones - The Suns are not looking for a point guard - As I have been saying if they do make a trade the preference is a defensive minded wing player.

Read on Twitter
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#2666 » by LV-Suns » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:54 pm

As for Charlotte wing Miles Bridges, the Phoenix Suns continue to be described by league personnel as the team most motivated to land the Michigan State product. And it should be noted that Bridges hails from the same Spartans program that Phoenix owner Mat Ishbia was a part of under legendary head coach Tom Izzo. Bridges would add a sturdy forward that Phoenix’s roster currently lacks and could allow the Suns to deploy more effective small-ball lineups with Kevin Durant at the five.

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-years-nba-trade-market-hindered-by-a-lack-of-significant-activity-135454803.html

Bridges rumors getting warmer.
I Dont wanna be here
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#2667 » by enigmatics » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:55 pm

Stix wrote:Baffling how ya'll complain about Miles Bridges off-court issues as if they effect his ability to do anything on the court. So quick to defend Mr. Brad Glass who eats up a ton of cap which is why we don't have any flexibility when it comes to trades. But then... " i don't want Bridges cuz he is a wife beater! waaaa" when we realistically couldn't trade for a better player (even at rental) because Brad Beal is making 46+mil this year to be a mediocre shooter and disinterested "star" going through the motions.

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,634

Post#2668 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:06 pm

Tell us you aren’t a wife beater without telling us you aren’t a wife beater.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#2669 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:50 pm

LV-Suns wrote:
As for Charlotte wing Miles Bridges, the Phoenix Suns continue to be described by league personnel as the team most motivated to land the Michigan State product. And it should be noted that Bridges hails from the same Spartans program that Phoenix owner Mat Ishbia was a part of under legendary head coach Tom Izzo. Bridges would add a sturdy forward that Phoenix’s roster currently lacks and could allow the Suns to deploy more effective small-ball lineups with Kevin Durant at the five.

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-years-nba-trade-market-hindered-by-a-lack-of-significant-activity-135454803.html

No he beats his wife, we don't want him. Who cares if he makes this team better.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2670 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:00 pm

Stix wrote:
LV-Suns wrote:

No he beats his wife, we don't want him. Who cares if he makes this team better.

If I decided to beat my wife or gf would you still invite me to your monthly family BBQ?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#2671 » by Revived » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:05 pm

Saberestar wrote:Gambo
For those asking and a lot are - Break out the BOC. The answer is NO on Tyus Jones - The Suns are not looking for a point guard - As I have been saying if they do make a trade the preference is a defensive minded wing player.

Read on Twitter

This is so fcking stupid. This team struggles badly in the 4th qtr because of Booker/KD having to do so much playmaking in the first 3 quarters and they’re gassed by the time of the 4th qtr. Booker is a SG, that’s his best position.

This gimmick stuff we’re running now is gonna be exposed in the playoffs without an actual PG.

Tyus Jones for 2nd rd picks would be a freaking steal. Takes pressure off Booker/KD having to do all the work and brings in a natural playmaker who’s also a good shooter.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#2672 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:09 pm

Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Gambo

Read on Twitter

This is so fcking stupid. This team struggles badly in the 4th qtr because of Booker/KD having to do so much playmaking in the first 3 quarters and they’re gassed by the time of the 4th qtr. Booker is a SG, that’s his best position.

This gimmick stuff we’re running now is gonna be exposed in the playoffs without an actual PG.

Tyus Jones for 2nd rd picks would be a freaking steal. Takes pressure off Booker/KD having to do all the work and brings in a natural playmaker who’s also a good shooter.
They need to use Beal to initiate the O more.

I'm certainly not opposed to trading for a bench PG but given their limited assets I do think another F that can be trusted in a closing lineup is the bigger need.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#2673 » by NapoleonII » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:29 pm

Here, let me help you have a smidgeon of moral worth and make a judgement call based on something called "integrity" and what used to be called public decency:

Joe Biden beat his wife, and supports those who also happened to beat the **** out of women in front of their children.

You feel a little hesitant now?
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#2674 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:37 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Stix wrote:

If I decided to beat my wife or gf would you still invite me to your monthly family BBQ?

no but if you can ball i would definitely want you on my team. make sense?
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#2675 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:38 pm

NapoleonII wrote:

Here, let me help you have a smidgeon of moral worth and make a judgement call based on something called "integrity" and what used to be called public decency:

Joe Biden beat his wife, and supports those who also happened to beat the **** out of women in front of their children.

You feel a little hesitant now?

Baiting? this makes no sense.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#2676 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:45 pm

Next time I go to LA Fitness to play pick up... i'm going to require everyone to give me background checks before we play.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#2677 » by NapoleonII » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:48 pm

Stix wrote:Next time I go to LA Fitness to play pick up... i'm going to require everyone to give me background checks before we play.

You really aren't equipped for conversation, are you?

Let me make this simpler - your "daughter" goes to a game with you and sees Miles Bridges playing, a lot of fans are booing him every time he touches the ball and she asks you why.

What do you say?
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#2678 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:49 pm

NapoleonII wrote:
Stix wrote:Next time I go to LA Fitness to play pick up... i'm going to require everyone to give me background checks before we play.

Let me make this simpler - your "daughter" goes to a game with you and sees Miles Bridges playing, a lot of fans are booing him every time he touches the ball and she asks you why.

What do you say?

He did some bad things outside of basketball and people are soft. He can ball though, look at how good he is.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2679 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:53 pm

Even though you are joking, nobody will provide a background check, but if somehow you actually went through and asked.. how many would admit honestly? In this situation we know what Miles Bridges did to his wife because it’s public and out in the open. Anybody at LAFitness who beat up their wife would definitely not be playing ball. They would be locked up in prison but since money talks, Bridges is out and all should be rainbows and sunshine, correct? If so, great logic mate.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#2680 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:55 pm

NapoleonII wrote:

What do you say?

Stix “ sweetie, he’s being booed cause he is an excellent basketball player”.

The End.

Return to Phoenix Suns