ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,643

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series 

Post#321 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 3, 2024 2:44 am

It just got serious, Cameron Payne is in the game.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#322 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 3, 2024 2:49 am

Payne hitting triples! God I miss him on the Suns. :(
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#323 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 3, 2024 2:55 am

I’m dying to see an upset. 76ers need help from Batum, Harris, Payne, Maxey.. Embiid can’t continue to carry them all game long.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#324 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 3, 2024 3:00 am

Oubre hitting some big shots in the 2nd half.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,741

Post#325 » by Revived » Fri May 3, 2024 3:00 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Yeah,
Sorry guys for the somewhat inflammatory response. I just can't stand fake arrogant d-bags that straight up lie to people and treat everyone else like their idiots or something and don't understand things because the person talking is rich, so somehow that makes them superior and more intelligent than everyone else.

We seemingly just got clear of one profoundly idiotic banker owner that was ruining our team for close to twenty years and probably lost us multiple championships because of his ego driven perspectives. Now it appears that we may have yet another complete moron who thinks just because he is rich, his perspectives are the the only correct ones and that being rich makes him smarter than everyone else in the room, and clearly the facts of our situation prove over and over again that just isn't the case.

The problem is that while he unknowingly entirely destroys our team's future the way that he's doing, just to serve his ego ( Just forget the facts or reality, I'm right and everyone else is wrong because I'm rich mentality), our franchise is descending even further down the abyss than before with Saver because now we have absolutely no alternative path to correct things or an alternative aspect to look forward to as we perennially lose and fall short each year.

The only solace will be the end of all this when Booker finally gets fed up and demands out. This sucks really bad too, because then we'll have no young talent or star players to take over because this moron egoist has happily given away our entire assets/ future for immediate gratification and clout that will never come because he's incapable of seeing reality of our situation as he's just too pleased with himself to look at anything else. :-?

Did you see Ishbia mocking draft picks? He said “if any of you are getting excited about some rookie or 7th grader 6 years from now, that’s not what we’re about here”

He’s basically saying he values zero youth and doesn’t believe in actually developing young guys.

He’s the kind of owner who would trade away a prospect like SGA for example to get some big names.

What kind of idiot openly says he doesn’t believe in the draft or draft picks when every single half decent player in the NBA came through the draft including mostly all first rd prospects.

He's right. No one gives 2 F's about a 7th grader in 2031.

Not even tanking teams in 2024 cares about that 7th grader in 2031.

People care about picks. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2025 or 2030.

This isn’t NBA 2k where you just trade away picks for players often and can beat other teams.

OKC is a team that valued picks, kept collecting and collecting and look at them now, a contender for years to come. Danny Ainge did the same for Boston and look at them now.

Meanwhile Suns are cash strapped with basically zero trade flexibility to actually improve the team.

Ishbia is getting clowned by EVERYONE right now and I’m glad people are finally seeing him for the idiot that he is. It’s one thing if he blew his load and realized he made a mistake in putting this team together it’s another to double down on it and pretend like he’s smarter than 97% of the teams in the league.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#326 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:02 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:Did you see Ishbia mocking draft picks? He said “if any of you are getting excited about some rookie or 7th grader 6 years from now, that’s not what we’re about here”

He’s basically saying he values zero youth and doesn’t believe in actually developing young guys.

He’s the kind of owner who would trade away a prospect like SGA for example to get some big names.

What kind of idiot openly says he doesn’t believe in the draft or draft picks when every single half decent player in the NBA came through the draft including mostly all first rd prospects.

He's right. No one gives 2 F's about a 7th grader in 2031.

This isn’t NBA 2k where you just trade away picks for players often and can beat other teams.

OKC is a team that valued picks, kept collecting and collecting and look at them now, a contender for years to come. Danny Ainge did the same for Boston and look at them now.

Meanwhile Suns are cash strapped with basically zero trade flexibility to actually improve the team.

Ishbia is getting clowned by EVERYONE right now and I’m glad people are finally seeing him for the idiot that he is. It’s one thing if he blew his load and realized he made a mistake in putting this team together it’s another to double down on it and pretend like he’s smarter than 97% of the teams in the league.

Do you even know who that 7th grader is that will be draft eligible in 2031?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Revived
RealGM

Post#327 » by Revived » Fri May 3, 2024 3:17 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:He's right. No one gives 2 F's about a 7th grader in 2031.

No but I do know the Suns are an old, cap strapped with zero or very little availability to actually improve.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#328 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:34 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:People care about picks. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2025 or 2030.

No but I do know the Suns are an old, cap strapped with zero or very little availability to actually improve.

That's exactly their point. Nobody cares what's gonna happen to some 7th grader in 2031. They are focused on building a contender.
Revived
RealGM

Post#329 » by Revived » Fri May 3, 2024 5:00 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Do you even know who that 7th grader is that will be draft eligible in 2031?

That's exactly their point. Nobody cares what's gonna happen to some 7th grader in 2031. They are focused on building a contender.

What contender? They already failed badly at building one EVEN WHILE trading every fcking pick and taking on the worst contracts in all of North American sports.

So the solution to “building a contender” is trading even more picks crappy overpaid old ass players?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#330 » by sunsbum » Fri May 3, 2024 5:08 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:

Everytime I hear him say this I'm like bro gaslighting might work on your wife that signed a prenump but that stupid **** dont work here. Like every basketball great was a 7th grader, what is even the point of this stupid analogy :lol: :lol:
I hate this team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#331 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:26 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:No but I do know the Suns are an old, cap strapped with zero or very little availability to actually improve.

What contender? They already failed badly at building one EVEN WHILE trading every fcking pick and taking on the worst contracts in all of North American sports.

So the solution to “building a contender” is trading even more picks crappy overpaid old ass players?

Yeah so they couldn't build it properly this season. They'll have another opportunity this offseason to build one.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#332 » by sunsbum » Fri May 3, 2024 5:26 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:No but I do know the Suns are an old, cap strapped with zero or very little availability to actually improve.

I'm going to be real pissed off if we trade our first rounder this year. I know I heard them say something about being eligible to trade it soon..idgaf. Use the pick you prideful worse owner than sarver.
I hate this team.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,294

Post#333 » by Frank Lee » Fri May 3, 2024 6:18 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:That's exactly their point. Nobody cares what's gonna happen to some 7th grader in 2031. They are focused on building a contender.

Yeah so they couldn't build it properly this season. They'll have another opportunity this offseason to build one.

Rock on Lilfishi… i too have great confidence trading NasLittle + our 1st will yield the pieces we need to beat those young upcoming teams. That starting five, along with a more experienced EGordan, once surrounded by the correct minimum wagers is sure to make some teams tremble. Especially once Pinochio Jones discovers the cheat code on Durant
What ? Me Worry ?
Revived
RealGM

Post#334 » by Revived » Fri May 3, 2024 6:40 am

sunsbum wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:People care about picks. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2025 or 2030.

Everytime I hear him say this I'm like bro gaslighting might work on your wife that signed a prenump but that stupid **** dont work here. Like every basketball great was a 7th grader, what is even the point of this stupid analogy :lol: :lol:

Lilfishi and Matt Ishbia both fail to realize one small thing…just about every single player in the NBA came from…you guessed it, being a draft pick once upon a time!
Revived
RealGM

Post#335 » by Revived » Fri May 3, 2024 6:43 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:That's exactly their point. Nobody cares what's gonna happen to some 7th grader in 2031. They are focused on building a contender.

Yeah they’ll have another opportunity this offseason with a turd sandwich worth of assets.

I’ll have an opportunity this summer to date and marry Zendaya also folks. I’ll have a higher chance at accomplishing that than Ishbia does with turning this team into contenders without breaking up the big 3.
Revived
RealGM

Post#336 » by Revived » Fri May 3, 2024 6:45 am

Read on Twitter

I have a strong feeling Tobias Harris or Ben Simmons are gonna somehow end up on the Suns by season start next season. I know Simmons is under contract on an awful contract and all but still somehow I feel like it could still happen.

That’s gonna be our big addition which will propel us into championship contenders! Other 26 teams in the league will be trembling in fear.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#337 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:01 am

Revived wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Do you even know who that 7th grader is that will be draft eligible in 2031?

Lilfishi and Matt Ishbia both fail to realize one small thing…just about every single player in the NBA came from…you guessed it, being a draft pick once upon a time!

100% of NBA player had a mother....wow
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#338 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:02 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:What contender? They already failed badly at building one EVEN WHILE trading every fcking pick and taking on the worst contracts in all of North American sports.

Yeah they’ll have another opportunity this offseason with a turd sandwich worth of assets.

I’ll have an opportunity this summer to date and marry Zendaya also folks. I’ll have a higher chance at accomplishing that than Ishbia does with turning this team into contenders without breaking up the big 3.

Doubt it
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,774

Post#339 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri May 3, 2024 7:02 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:

Braylen Davis (MI), King Harris (CA), Tommari Patterson (IND), Pierre Rondo (KY), Jaiylen Ekanem ( ON/CA).........LOL are a few names! :wink: Honestly I could care less about the specifics of these players, But I do absolutely care about the rash carelessness of both Jones and Ishbia severely downplaying the importance of draft picks for the very salient reasons that Revived eloquently pointed out, But also as critically important pathways for teams in our distressing financial situation to:

- Acquire cost-controlled talent to supplement our core and/or positional depth pieces we couldn't even get under our current conditions in free agency bidding against other teams in more advantageous situations.

- Add assets/talent with the distinct opportunity for any potential prospect to drastically outplay their rookie scale contract, turning them into a perceived valuable trade asset with 4 years of contractual control that vet min options simply wouldn't offer/carry as they've by the broad sample over their careers already established themselves having a minimal value in relation to their skillset and abilities. Which is why they're only making the vet minimum contract, or only playing in limited minutes and/or garbage time. If this established value was at all unclear or unproven, then they'd be on higher tiers in correlation to what they've shown. At least young talented have PERCEIVED UNTAPPED UPSIDE which often escalates their value as a trade asset.

- Add assets/ players that are on 4-year cost-controlled deals that often carry sustainable value/impact throughout the term of their deals which becomes a distinct benefit to teams with no cap flexibility as they're getting solid production for a low affordable cost without significant increases or the concern over those players leaving for more money or a better situation over those 4 yrs.

- adding distinct positional depth pieces with very specific beneficial skillsets/talents that could shore up specific weaknesses with those corresponding skillsets/ talents/attributes that are otherwise very difficult to acquire in free agency as these prospects' unique skillsets/ attributes are priced at a premium in the league. Making it very difficult to bid for them in free agency without significant cap space, or very difficult to acquire via trade too without desirable assets/intriguing young talent to exchange for that unique talent. :D

- Potential exciting young talents that you can market to the fanbase and that can also energize the team/ roster with their play and energy, that again would be very difficult to acquire under normal circumstances for a team in a situation like ours without any cap space and/or desirable assets.

And Ishbia disingenuously promoting our pick swaps as assets that can viably help us improve our roster without mentioning the actual/ accurate corresponding value of our swaps which again will obviously be the very last pick in every draft going forward as long as we're a 2nd apron tax team, which he openly intends to be unless he suddenly changes course. He only mentions that we do have pick swaps, but doesn't once mention the context attached to those picks as a 2nd apron team, because had he done so, it would seem a bit ridiculous to promote those penalized swaps as a potentially viable trade asset. And the much bigger root problem in offloading all of our picks is that once things completely collapse, we'll as revived pointed out have absolutely no young talent to take over once our core is gone or in decline. No legit cap space to genuinely pursue high-end star-level or impact talent, and no desirable trade assets to swap for stars or impact talent either. We'll basically be starting at rock bottom with other teams holding the keys (draft picks to our future that they'll be cashing in on to continue becoming stronger while we struggle for years with no compensation aside from maybe flipping Booker for picks because nobody is going to give significant value for a 37-year-old (after next season) Durantwith one year left, or worse, in more significant age/injury related depreciating value especially if he's extended at that age and making upwards of 60+ million in a teams cap.

We are just falling way behind the curve in this strategy, and IF Ishbia is at all smart (which I believe he is, maybe just not at basketball decisions, etc). Then for me, that makes this situation much worse as he's knowingly (intentionally) trying to con those franchises into a "win now" scheme that he underlyingly knows has very little chance of bearing any real fruit. But as long as he can keep hyping up the overall facade, then he can cash in for quite a long time as long as they appear a playoff team with potential and multiple stars as a premised superteam, then he can ride the wave of false hope until it inevitably falls apart. This is why he deliberately omits key details and contextual facts about our situation and our final outcome. And even furthers the deception by saying "Just take out last year's and THIS YEAR'S PLAYOFF OUTCOMES!!! AND THE SUNS LOOK REALLY GOOD!! He deliberately deflects from this context because it destroys his narratives if it is accurately discussed and analyzed. This is why he's getting eviscerated by so many various NBA pundits for his statements. What I'm getting at is he clearly is different than Sarver in that he's actually willing to spend! even to careless extremes, but at the same time he fully mortgages our long-term future in the interest of building a hype machine faux super team and hypes the situation up in order to promote ticket sales, same as what Savers' underlying interests were, only to much more of an extreme by spending outrageous amounts of money to build a super hype team on paper with no real substance or functional success on the court knowing that if he can keep people believing in the hype of this superteam, then he'll, of course, sell a ton of tickets, sell a ton of merchandise, get a ton of publicity for creating an outlier to the latest culture trend, and a high end polarizing topic of production eliciting even more publicity and attention that he can use to continue drawing more attention and intrigue to his newly acquired team and increasing his overall polarizing notoriety. :D
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#340 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:07 am

Frank Lee wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:What contender? They already failed badly at building one EVEN WHILE trading every fcking pick and taking on the worst contracts in all of North American sports.

Rock on Lilfishi… i too have great confidence trading NasLittle + our 1st will yield the pieces we need to beat those young upcoming teams. That starting five, along with a more experienced EGordan, once surrounded by the correct minimum wagers is sure to make some teams tremble. Especially once Pinochio Jones discovers the cheat code on Durant

I don't have great confidence but we're a team that just won 49 games with Beal missing almost half the season. We have opportunities to bolster this roster this offseason. We have opportunities to do something different with the coaching.

I believe a coaching change can be the same as adding real talent to this team if that coach can put in a system that maximises the roster.

Return to Phoenix Suns