Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Re: Ayton: Post Suns Haters 

Post#21 » by enigmatics » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:12 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Nurkic impersonating Ayton with losing the ball on post up and then passing out when he should have tried to score inside. Should be in game thread, but will be interesting to see if people who'll post in such thread have same criteria for our new C.
Nurk already does so much more for this team than Ayton ever has, dudes allowed to be a basketball player with weaknesses and mistakes.

Nurkic is great at some things, particularly screening and is a pretty solid passer, though he turns it over a lot. Ayton is better at things as well.

I mean that's a big quote considering Ayton had many monster games and was crucial in our 21 playoff run. He was shooting 63 and 65% even though only 1/3 of his shots were at the rim..and had many games with high 20s and rebounding in the teens...with solid defense, until last year and the slow decline the year before.

Nurkic will have some nice games but he has the same motor problems and his finishing and turnovers will be frustrating. I really like a lot of what he does, but we can't act like he has always been a player that is super engaged (ask Portland fans) and doesn't have his own weaknesses. He is one of the worst finishers in the league, very rarely dunks (since people care about that), and turns it over a ton. As a 7 footer who for the majority of his career only worked inside, he barely shoots over 50% for his career, which is very bad for a C. Last year was the first year he shot 3s really, but he only hit like 43 of them.

I like a lot of what he does, but he has his own weaknesses.

And to say he already has done more in 2 games than Ayton ever had, is frankly, absurd.

That's 43 more threes than DA's whole career. The fact is he has the ability to hit them.

Every player has their weaknesses and the fact remains DA was a one trick pony on offense and a guy who's not COMMITTED to always bringing it on defense (only when he feels like it). The Suns anticipate outscoring opponents quite a bit so they're willing to live with Nurk's limitations on defense because of what he unlocks on offense particularly from his passing ability and screening. The guy also actually puts his body on people - something DA never did and isn't willing to do.

Btw the dunking thing only mattered because it was an extension of DA being soft as charmin. Nurk would never be confused as soft - dunk or no dunk.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,642

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:25 pm

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbum wrote: Nurk already does so much more for this team than Ayton ever has, dudes allowed to be a basketball player with weaknesses and mistakes.

Nurkic is great at some things, particularly screening and is a pretty solid passer, though he turns it over a lot. Ayton is better at things as well.

I mean that's a big quote considering Ayton had many monster games and was crucial in our 21 playoff run. He was shooting 63 and 65% even though only 1/3 of his shots were at the rim..and had many games with high 20s and rebounding in the teens...with solid defense, until last year and the slow decline the year before.

Nurkic will have some nice games but he has the same motor problems and his finishing and turnovers will be frustrating. I really like a lot of what he does, but we can't act like he has always been a player that is super engaged (ask Portland fans) and doesn't have his own weaknesses. He is one of the worst finishers in the league, very rarely dunks (since people care about that), and turns it over a ton. As a 7 footer who for the majority of his career only worked inside, he barely shoots over 50% for his career, which is very bad for a C. Last year was the first year he shot 3s really, but he only hit like 43 of them.

I like a lot of what he does, but he has his own weaknesses.

And to say he already has done more in 2 games than Ayton ever had, is frankly, absurd.

That's 43 more threes than DA's whole career. The fact is he has the ability to hit them.

Every player has their weaknesses and the fact remains DA was a one trick pony on offense and a guy who's not COMMITTED to always bringing it on defense (only when he feels like it). The Suns anticipate outscoring opponents quite a bit so they're willing to live with Nurk's limitations on defense because of what he unlocks on offense particularly from his passing ability and screening. The guy also actually puts his body on people - something DA never did and isn't willing to do.

Btw the dunking thing only mattered because it was an extension of DA being soft as charmin. Nurk would never be confused as soft - dunk or no dunk.

Nurkic just added it in his 9th year, and shot 36%. DA has hit 21...one year he shot a higher % from 3, though on low volme.

Nurkic is the same about not being COMMITTED to always bringing it on defense (only when he feels like it). Not sure where you have been over his career. That's the complaint with him....and frustration.

Nurk can be a solid passer but he still only averages 2.3 ast for his career to Ayton's 1.6...and averages more turnovers.

The biggest complaint though about Nurkic is missing so many soft easy layups. People hated the occasional miss from Ayton wishing he would dunk it. Nurkic always does this.

I'm glad the trade was made but statement like he's already done more than Ayton ever did and he's so much better are a bit ridiculous. His strengths probably mesh better but he will have a lot of frustrating games.

I'm really hoping he is rejuvenated being on this team and having lost weight, but we will see.

If Ayton would have had Nurkic's game for the Suns last night going 1-5 with 4 turnovers, this forum never would have heard the end of it.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by enigmatics » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:41 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Nurkic just added it in his 9th year, and shot 36%. DA has hit 21...one year he shot a higher % from 3, though on low volme.

Nurkic is the same about not being COMMITTED to always bringing it on defense (only when he feels like it). Not sure where you have been over his career. That's the complaint with him....and frustration.

Nurk can be a solid passer but he still only averages 2.3 ast for his career to Ayton's 1.6...and averages more turnovers.

The biggest complaint though about Nurkic is missing so many soft easy layups. People hated the occasional miss from Ayton wishing he would dunk it. Nurkic always does this.

I'm glad the trade was made but statement like he's already done more than Ayton ever did and he's so much better are a bit ridiculous. His strengths probably mesh better but he will have a lot of frustrating games.

I'm really hoping he is rejuvenated being on this team and having lost weight, but we will see.

If Ayton would have had Nurkic's game for the Suns last night going 1-5 with 4 turnovers, this forum never would have heard the end of it.

Nurk isn't a former #1 draft pick COUGH delusional hooligan who calls himself "DOMINAYTON" running on a self-proclaimed Tesla Battery. I know you're a closet apologist masquerading as a centrist, but c'mon dude hopefully even you recognize why Nurk would never be levied that level of criticism. That doesn't mean he shouldn't receive some though.

You're comparing Nurks' assist on a trash Portland team to THIS Suns team? Good luck with that. The opportunities are going to be plentiful here in PHX and he's shown what he's capable of when the offense is rolling. DA lacks the touch, the Bball IQ, and the fundamentals to ever be a quality passer let alone direct the offense when asked.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,642

Post#24 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:34 pm

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Nurkic just added it in his 9th year, and shot 36%. DA has hit 21...one year he shot a higher % from 3, though on low volme.

Nurk isn't a former #1 draft pick COUGH delusional hooligan who calls himself "DOMINAYTON" running on a self-proclaimed Tesla Battery. I know you're a closet apologist masquerading as a centrist, but c'mon dude hopefully even you recognize why Nurk would never be levied that level of criticism. That doesn't mean he shouldn't receive some though.

You're comparing Nurks' assist on a trash Portland team to THIS Suns team? Good luck with that. The opportunities are going to be plentiful here in PHX and he's shown what he's capable of when the offense is rolling. DA lacks the touch, the Bball IQ, and the fundamentals to ever be a quality passer let alone direct the offense when asked.

The fact DA was a #1 pick is water under the bridge. He obviously shouldn't have been. I was responding to that point that Nurkic has done more for this team than DA EVER did, which is obviously false. He's played 2 games, and this second one wasn't too impressive.

I love some of the stuff he brings...particularly his screening, and yes, his assists should go up with the big 3. Ayton never played with a big 3 like that and Paul was the primary ball handler.

Ayton was a disappointment, but that doesn't mean some of the posts aren't absurd.

I never wanted Ayton in the draft. Maybe you and sunsbum did....so in that case you guys were proven wrong, so be careful what you wish for.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by enigmatics » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I love some of the stuff he brings...particularly his screening, and yes, his assists should go up with the big 3. Ayton never played with a big 3 like that and Paul was the primary ball handler.

The Big 3 wouldn't have the same affect on DA's assists as it will for Nurk. That's not DA's wheelhouse, c'mon.

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#26 » by bigfoot » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:00 pm

I'll try add some content here but my big azz smile about DA being gone makes it hard to see typing on the keyboard.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,439

Post#27 » by sunskerr » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:34 pm

I think calling people "haters" is certainly a bit disingenuous. I and a lot of others have been critical of his play/shortcomings for legitimate reasons for years now. And those things never being addressed meant he would never live up to being value for where he was drafted (#1).

And then you add to that it was about a 50/50 split between the camps of Ayton and Doncic on here and you have a situation with lots of fuel to burn.

So you have a situation where he didn't live up to his pick, we missed out on the better player (and some would say it was obvious), whilst many guys in his draft surpassed him (including his own teammate), and he has only marginally improved in 5 years if at all. And then every time Luka plays you get reminded about it, there's going to be real and valid frustration.

And that frustration will be expressed in many ways. Some of which his fans won't like, but they will have to deal with it.

And for those who didn't want him traded or feel he was unfairly used here, well, there's nothing wrong with being a fan of a player.

The Ayton stuff will fizzle out eventually though. Luka being so much better will sting for a while but if we win this year even that will go away.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 824

Post#28 » by KdoubleDees23 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:44 pm

garrick wrote:I just don't know why the Ayton haters won't criticize Nurk for a stinker of a game where he contributed very little and couldn't stay out of foul trouble.

AD just absolutely dominates him each time they go head to head.

Yep Nurk had a time to step up and put up 4 pts an 9 rebouds. Had a chance to step up. Ayton Haters wont hate on Nurk. He is their savior
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#29 » by KdoubleDees23 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:44 pm

sunskerr wrote:I think calling people "haters" is certainly a bit disingenuous. I and a lot of others have been critical of his play/shortcomings for legitimate reasons for years now. And those things never being addressed meant he would never live up to being value for where he was drafted (#1).

And then you add to that it was about a 50/50 split between the camps of Ayton and Doncic on here and you have a situation with lots of fuel to burn.

So you have a situation where he didn't live up to his pick, we missed out on the better player (and some would say it was obvious), whilst many guys in his draft surpassed him (including his own teammate), and he has only marginally improved in 5 years if at all. And then every time Luka plays you get reminded about it, there's going to be real and valid frustration.

And that frustration will be expressed in many ways. Some of which his fans won't like, but they will have to deal with it.

And for those who didn't want him traded or feel he was unfairly used here, well, there's nothing wrong with being a fan of a player.

The Ayton stuff will fizzle out eventually though. Luka being so much better will sting for a while but if we win this year even that will go away.

Hater is someone who follows Ayton and still checks in on him and if he does bad, still cries about it.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by enigmatics » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:53 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
garrick wrote:I just don't know why the Ayton haters won't criticize Nurk for a stinker of a game where he contributed very little and couldn't stay out of foul trouble.

AD just absolutely dominates him each time they go head to head.

Yep Nurk had a time to step up and put up 4 pts an 9 rebouds. Had a chance to step up. Ayton Haters wont hate on Nurk. He is their savior

I know a lot of hops, Aderall and McDonalds double quarter pounders have saturated your brain - but Nurk is not a max level player nor is he expected to carry the team.

We knew the match-up was a bad one - just as it ALWAYS was for Third-rAyton. The dynamics of the match-up were skewed even more in LA's favor with Book/Beal on the sidelines. Refs calling ticky tack fouls had him in foul trouble early too.

That being said when he was in he played reckless at times - especially trying to back down AD. Your beloved played with a 100% healthy Blazer team, committed stupid fouls and got waxed by Zubac (what's new).
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,002

Post#31 » by kennydorglas » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:35 am

ok DA mom
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,739

Post#32 » by Revived » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:47 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:Post in here that way we don't ruin the other threads. We cannot deal with all you crying and pointing fingers every game! If you need to hate and complain, do it in here.

Cheers :crazy: :crazy:
Being wrong is a tough pill to swallow, I understand why you'd want to make a separate thread so you can avoid your daily dose.

What if DoubleD’s & Slim are the same person? Both have an unhealthy love affair for DA. Lol

Slim’s a legit Suns fan. I think DoubleD’s a KD fan that hopped on after the trade. Just my speculation.
Revived
RealGM

Post#33 » by Revived » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:49 am

Bogyo wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Nurkic impersonating Ayton with losing the ball on post up and then passing out when he should have tried to score inside. Should be in game thread, but will be interesting to see if people who'll post in such thread have same criteria for our new C.

Why on gods green earth would we have the same criteria? Different person, different strenghts, weaknesses, game, body type, age, etc...

And don’t forget, DominAyton makes more than DOUBLE the salary that Nurkic is making.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,106

Post#34 » by garrick » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:22 am

I just want all our ex Suns to succeed so I don't get the need to continually bash DA when he's no longer with us.

The only ex Sun I root against is Jae because he ruined our season by sitting out and being a baby. His role as a vet on this team was underestimated and our defense just was never the same without him.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by enigmatics » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:06 am

garrick wrote:I just want all our ex Suns to succeed so I don't get the need to continually bash DA when he's no longer with us.

The only ex Sun I root against is Jae because he ruined our season by sitting out and being a baby. His role as a vet on this team was underestimated and our defense just was never the same without him.

It's just interesting to me that you could hold that Jae grudge and at the same time overlook the pretty clear signals DA sandbagged the Suns with his purposefully lackluster play the last two seasons. He all but has indirectly admitted it since being traded.
Revived
RealGM

Post#36 » by Revived » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:12 am

garrick wrote:I just want all our ex Suns to succeed so I don't get the need to continually bash DA when he's no longer with us.

What about the Morris twins? You root for them to succeed…?
garrick
Head Coach

Post#37 » by garrick » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:32 am

Revived wrote:

What about the Morris twins? You root for them to succeed…?

I totally forgot about those bums but they didn't sit out the season like Jae.

Both Morris brothers are douches.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#38 » by garrick » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:34 am

enigmatics wrote:

It's just interesting to me that you could hold that Jae grudge and at the same time overlook the pretty clear signals DA sandbagged the Suns with his purposefully lackluster play the last two seasons. He all but has indirectly admitted it since being traded.

Still not as bad as refusing to suit up like Ben Simmons, Harden and Jae. JJ spent all of last season trying to trade him and he ended up being trade filler for KD when he should have been traded for almost equal value or some picks at least.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#39 » by sunsbum » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:25 am

DA with another WOOF of a game. Dude is by far the most talented player on that team and plays like a wandering spirit. Just getting junk time rebounds again like last game.
I hate this team.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#40 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:39 am

Revived wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

Why on gods green earth would we have the same criteria? Different person, different strenghts, weaknesses, game, body type, age, etc...

And don’t forget, DominAyton makes more than DOUBLE the salary that Nurkic is making.

And Nurkic only plays 45-50 games a year!

Return to Phoenix Suns