Ayton: Post Suns Haters

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,812

Re: Ayton: Post Suns Haters 

Post#441 » by Qwigglez » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:30 am

I would assume he lives on one of the hills in Portland. Those can be very steep. Hopefully Tuesday and Wednesday was the worst of it.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#442 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:37 am

Living in a hilly area is a lame excuse when every other player and coach made it there in time for the game. I'm sure Ayton doesn't live on the only hill in Portland. Duop Reath is from Australia where icy roads are never a thing and has lived in America for less than half a year yet he somehow still managed to find his way to the game.

The game is in the evening, I don't think roads freeze instantaneously so he had an entire day to prepare and figure a way out of his place.

Honestly not surprised he acts this way, he's never been serious about basketball but the Suns coddled him and never made him really accountable for anything, so here we are. Book and KD have been around long enough to sniff out the bullsit, so good work and good riddance.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,136

Post#443 » by handsome salary » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:54 pm

"I need to be more aggressive getting to the arena. Next game, you'll see me showing up before tip off. I'm getting it figured out"
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#444 » by sunsbum » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:11 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Living in a hilly area is a lame excuse when every other player and coach made it there in time for the game. I'm sure Ayton doesn't live on the only hill in Portland. Duop Reath is from Australia where icy roads are never a thing and has lived in America for less than half a year yet he somehow still managed to find his way to the game.

The game is in the evening, I don't think roads freeze instantaneously so he had an entire day to prepare and figure a way out of his place.

Honestly not surprised he acts this way, he's never been serious about basketball but the Suns coddled him and never made him really accountable for anything, so here we are. Book and KD have been around long enough to sniff out the bullsit, so good work and good riddance.
To be fair, it was pretty wild for a couple of days. Power was out snow barely melted then dipped back into freeze and iced everything over into that real thick slippery ****. That being said, we all knew it was coming. It’s silly he couldn’t figure something out.
I hate this team.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,621

Post#445 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Dumb discussion. I think he's injured anyway, but if they went to try and get him and still couldn't, it looks like it wasn't something that could be helped.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#446 » by garrick » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:51 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Living in a hilly area is a lame excuse when every other player and coach made it there in time for the game. I'm sure Ayton doesn't live on the only hill in Portland. Duop Reath is from Australia where icy roads are never a thing and has lived in America for less than half a year yet he somehow still managed to find his way to the game.

The news said Portland Blazers employees tried to reach him but they couldn't reach him so road conditions must have been pretty bad if they couldn't even get to his home.

Unless we know where he lives and the conditions of the roads leading to it it's all just speculation but I imagine a lot of Portlanders got caught out without winter tires leaving them unable to drive on icy roads. Driving on ice on summer or all season tires is just asking for trouble.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,145

Post#447 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:48 pm

Still amazing we turned 1 useless player into two meaningful players...

Allen and Nurk were exactly what this team needed.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#448 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:55 pm

The storm thing could have been totally legit but he just seems like one of those guys where it's always something. I know people like that in real life.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,727

Post#449 » by Revived » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:35 pm

Read on Twitter

What a great attitude. This plus his “Getting to my 2nd contract is what success means to me” sums up his entire mindset.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#450 » by spanishninja » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a great attitude. This plus his “I’m looking to my 2nd contract the most” sums up his entire mindset.

good lord it just keeps getting better.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#451 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:55 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a great attitude. This plus his “Getting to my 2nd contract is what success means to me” sums up his entire mindset.
Ayton needs to either stop talking or take PR classes.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#452 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:59 pm

spanishninja wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a great attitude. This plus his “I’m looking to my 2nd contract the most” sums up his entire mindset.

good lord it just keeps getting better.

Only way this could have been better was if Ben Simmons walked into the shot as soon as Ayton said that.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#453 » by LV-Suns » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:06 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ayton needs to either stop talking or take PR classes.

He talked his way into being the first overall pick and a max contract.
I Dont wanna be here
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#454 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:08 pm

But really, this attitude is exactly why Ayton never improved one bit since he signed his max contract.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,087

Post#455 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:10 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Ayton needs to either stop talking or take PR classesRealGM mobile app

he's being saying embarrassing stuff since his rookie year at least. It worked out quite well for him. :banghead:
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#456 » by Blonde » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:15 pm

I’ve tried to avoid dogging on Ayton in this thread, but wow. The man just has no clue, zero self awareness, zero meaningful growth on offense. More people should have panicked about him saying his goal was to make it to his second contract. He got paid and phoned it in. Suns were 100% correct to not extend him early, they knew his only motivation was money. Definitely the most disappointing player I’ve followed (and my expectations were never that high).
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#457 » by LV-Suns » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:17 pm

We were the dummies for cuddling him his entire time here. Even gave him a video montage after he quit on us in the playoffs last.
I Dont wanna be here
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#458 » by spanishninja » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:50 pm

LV-Suns wrote:We were the dummies for cuddling him his entire time here. Even gave him a video montage after he quit on us in the playoffs last.

that montage was very much just us taking the high road, rather than any sign of true respect to DA. It was even during a game break
and not in the starting lineup announcement like with the Twins, correct?
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#459 » by NapoleonII » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:13 pm

Talk about not reading the room.

The fact of the matter is that we're always kind of judging young guys, top picks, full of potential guys as 'what is their trajectory'. It goes up, it goes down. 2021 was a great year, but looking back, it was contract year.

I was dead wrong about Ayton. I saw his trajectory as still being fulfillable.

Dude is a loser, a lazy worker, a non-competitive player in a league full of the hardest workers of their craft on the planet.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#460 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:24 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Talk about not reading the room.

The fact of the matter is that we're always kind of judging young guys, top picks, full of potential guys as 'what is their trajectory'. It goes up, it goes down. 2021 was a great year, but looking back, it was contract year.

I was dead wrong about Ayton. I saw his trajectory as still being fulfillable.

Dude is a loser, a lazy worker, a non-competitive player in a league full of the hardest workers of their craft on the planet.
As fans we just don't have enough information to judge guys on things like mindset, motivation, off court issues. We don't know these dudes.

What I have learned is it's typically an iceberg deal. Teams hide a lot of this **** about guys so when you actually hear about issues with a guy it's typically just the tip of the iceberg.

Return to Phoenix Suns