Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Re: OT - Video Games 

Post#41 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 12:26 am

Hitachi77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Nope, you pretty much have all the games out there.

We're about half way into this current gen and I feel like there's only a handful of truly great games. Was going to by the PS5 on Black friday specifically to play GoW and Spiderman 2 but outside of those two games, nothing really jumps out as a must play. Kind of makes a PS5 not quite worth it for me.

Have you played:

Elden Ring
Sekiro
Demon Souls remake
FF7R
RE4R

I suppose all but one can be played on PS4, if that’s what you were getting at.

I've never been into Souls like or horror games. Maybe I'll wait for GTA6 lol
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 674

Post#42 » by Hitachi77 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 1:21 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:We're about half way into this current gen and I feel like there's only a handful of truly great games. Was going to by the PS5 on Black friday specifically to play GoW and Spiderman 2 but outside of those two games, nothing really jumps out as a must play. Kind of makes a PS5 not quite worth it for me.

Have you played:

Elden Ring
Sekiro
Demon Souls remake
FF7R
RE4R

I suppose all but one can be played on PS4, if that’s what you were getting at.

I've never been into Souls like or horror games. Maybe I'll wait for GTA6 lol

Well you mentioned you liked GoT, and Sekiro is really not souls like. It’s made by From but very different from other Souls games. It is hard though, like Souls games. Also Armored Core 6, made by from and not Souls at all.

It’s worth getting the 2nd highest level of PS Plus just to sample the insane free library. Games like Returnal and Deathloop are a lot of fun and free. Those are two randoms that come to mind. There’s roughly 8 trillion games there. Absurd value.

Ok I’ll stop now =p.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,261

Post#43 » by King4Day » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:53 pm

Speaking of GTA 6... I'm not sure how I feel about airing a trailer over a year before it'll be released.
I get the buildup/hype and maybe it's due to the previous leaks, but damn, 2025? You're saying I have to wait a full calendar year, and some (no way it's released 1/1/25) to play.
It looks great but so much will happen between now and then.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Post#44 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Dec 5, 2023 11:03 pm

King4Day wrote:Speaking of GTA 6... I'm not sure how I feel about airing a trailer over a year before it'll be released.
I get the buildup/hype and maybe it's due to the previous leaks, but damn, 2025? You're saying I have to wait a full calendar year, and some (no way it's released 1/1/25) to play.
It looks great but so much will happen between now and then.

They could release it 2030 and it'll still get the same amount of hype and sales.

To me, I just wish they didn't take 12 years to release a new GTA. I know it's a different era but GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas all came out within a 4 year period. GTA4 which was quite a monumental leap in graphics took 4 years to make. GTA5 took 5 years to make. I know we got RDR2 in 2018 but even if we count that as the last release, it's still 7yrs.

I just think Rockstar can and has rested on their laurels because GTA Online is such a cash cow. And to be completely fair to them, their games have all been masterpieces so I can't really criticise them too much.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns