ImageImageImage

OT - Video Games

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Re: OT - Video Games 

Post#21 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:39 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:Wife bought me a ps5 recently so excellent topic WG. I've played GoW 3, AC odyssey, guardians of the galaxy, Spiderman miles morales so far. Also have the ps plus premium. Any can't miss games I should check?

Nope, you pretty much have all the games out there.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#22 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:42 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:And with all those great games, Alan Wake 2 was the game of the year for me. It was next level story telling for a "horror" game and looked unbelievable on my ps5 into my new LG C3 65" tv.

Loved the originals. I need to play this. Check out the Dead Space remake too as I'm sure you'd like that
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#23 » by grumpysaddle » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:47 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:And with all those great games, Alan Wake 2 was the game of the year for me. It was next level story telling for a "horror" game and looked unbelievable on my ps5 into my new LG C3 65" tv.

Loved the originals. I need to play this. Check out the Dead Space remake too as I'm sure you'd like that

Got that on release! Finished in like a few days. Downloaded Calisto Protocol on my ps5 since it's on ps plus but so many games to play, i'm not sure when i'll get around to it.

And yeah, AW2 is a whole different level. Like... other horror-ish games are going to have a hard time living up to the standards it set.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Post#24 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:11 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Wife bought me a ps5 recently so excellent topic WG. I've played GoW 3, AC odyssey, guardians of the galaxy, Spiderman miles morales so far. Also have the ps plus premium. Any can't miss games I should check?

We're about half way into this current gen and I feel like there's only a handful of truly great games. Was going to by the PS5 on Black friday specifically to play GoW and Spiderman 2 but outside of those two games, nothing really jumps out as a must play. Kind of makes a PS5 not quite worth it for me.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#25 » by LV-Suns » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:27 am

Ghost of Tsushima. It’s on PS+
It’s an experience.

If this is your first PlayStation, check out of both Last of Us and the Uncharted games. Great exclusives.
I Dont wanna be here
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#26 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:38 am

LV-Suns wrote:

It’s an experience.

If this is your first PlayStation, check out of both Last of Us and the Uncharted games. Great exclusives.

Ghost of Tsushima is probably my favourite or at worst top 5 PS games I've played. Amazing visuals even on the OG PS4, cool story, cool gameplay and most importantly, allows me to play the style I want to play.
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#27 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:45 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
LV-Suns wrote:

It’s an experience.

Ghost of Tsushima is probably my favourite or at worst top 5 PS games I've played. Amazing visuals even on the OG PS4, cool story, cool gameplay and most importantly, allows me to play the style I want to play.

Got the plat trophy on my ps4 and always want to go back and play it again on ps5. Maybe in the Kurasawa mode.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#28 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:35 am

Anyone play OOTP?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,786

Post#29 » by sunsbum » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:54 am

RaisingArizona wrote:Anyone play OOTP?
I don't, but if you like baseball games you should check out supermega baseball 3. It's like an arcady version of OOTP. You can also design your own jerseys and logos.

Heres a few I did.

https://ibb.co/pnB2xDt - Phoenix Firebirds

https://ibb.co/4N2w2B3 - Sapsuckers (a made up team i came up with)

https://ibb.co/25wsBh4 - The 9's (another team I made up)

https://ibb.co/1J1sRXy - 2001 Dbacks

they only give you a few hundred shapes, generic logos, and patterns so you really have to get creative to try and convey what your going for. The Firebirds logo is a bunch of crazy **** but it turned out well. Its a really good game. Online tourneys and stuff too.
I hate this team.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,092

Post#30 » by garrick » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:07 am

Has anyone tried CyberPunk 2077 after the 2.0 patch as well as the DLC?

I picked it up recently and it's pretty good I must say. The annoying issues when the game initially launched have been mostly fixed so if you were holding off on the game due to bad reviews now might be a good time to pick it up.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#31 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:54 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:Anyone play OOTP?
I used to play on my phone and loved the game. They didn't have an android app for a couple years so I stopped. Tried picking it back up last year but it was almost too in-depth at that point. Fun baseball sim though

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#32 » by spanishninja » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:55 pm

garrick wrote:Has anyone tried CyberPunk 2077 after the 2.0 patch as well as the DLC?

I picked it up recently and it's pretty good I must say. The annoying issues when the game initially launched have been mostly fixed so if you were holding off on the game due to bad reviews now might be a good time to pick it up.

I recently played it a bunch after the 2.0 patch, after buying it at launch and barely even touching it. the current game is quite good and I already put 120+ hours into it since the DLC came out.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,425

Post#33 » by sunskerr » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:03 pm

spanishninja wrote:
garrick wrote:Has anyone tried CyberPunk 2077 after the 2.0 patch as well as the DLC?

I recently played it a bunch after the 2.0 patch, after buying it at launch and barely even touching it. the current game is quite good and I already put 120+ hours into it since the DLC came out.

wow. I might have to get back into it. Been kind of on the outs the last 6+ months with regards to gaming...nothing has really appealed to me. But I did enjoy Cyberpunk on release for PC as shocking as that may sound. And a lot of people are saying its more stable now so its pretty appealing to maybe try it out again.

The main problem I had was the post game - if I can compare it to Skyrim which I think is arguably the best game of the last 10-15 years, it didn't seem like Cyberpunk had a lot of diversity of things to do going on once the main quest was finished. But that being said I still enjoyed Cyberpunk.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#34 » by spanishninja » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:11 pm

sunskerr wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

wow. I might have to get back into it. Been kind of on the outs the last 6+ months with regards to gaming...nothing has really appealed to me. But I did enjoy Cyberpunk on release for PC as shocking as that may sound. And a lot of people are saying its more stable now so its pretty appealing to maybe try it out again.

The main problem I had was the post game - if I can compare it to Skyrim which I think is arguably the best game of the last 10-15 years, it didn't seem like Cyberpunk had a lot of diversity of things to do going on once the main quest was finished. But that being said I still enjoyed Cyberpunk.

it's not just bug fixes and performance improvements actually. They also revamped the skill trees and itemization to be less complicated, from what I have heard. I didn't have a basis to compare because i didn't really play the game prior to 2.0 but I felt the gameplay and rpg elements quite enjoyable. I have finished basically all the main content and am just dicking around with side quests and just driving around the city.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#35 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:52 pm

Picked it up a couple of weeks back when Geforce Now finally had the 3080 rigs in Australia. They've redone the whole skills or perks system (whatever they called it) and dissuaded me from jumping back in because it basically reset what I had. I'll need to find another time to try it again. Maybe when Phantom Liberty is on sale then I'll give it a go again.

Great game though
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#36 » by NapoleonII » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:20 pm

My kiddo (7 yrs old) is playing Breath of the Wild and I'm enjoying the hell out of it, too.

It's Ocarina of Time on steroids.

I never really got into the Assasins Creed series so I could see how some folks would see it as derivative, and the crafting system / weapons breaking is kind of annoying, but the open world play is terrific, and the the graphics gorgeous for the Switch.

Any other recs?

I used to be into MMO's, but can't justify paying a monthly fee for one anymore
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#37 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:23 pm

NapoleonII wrote:My kiddo (7 yrs old) is playing Breath of the Wild and I'm enjoying the hell out of it, too.

I never really got into the Assasins Creed series so I could see how some folks would see it as derivative, and the crafting system / weapons breaking is kind of annoying, but the open world play is terrific, and the the graphics gorgeous for the Switch.

Any other recs?

What systems are you playing on?
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#38 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:31 am

sunskerr wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

Sooooo many great games have come out in the past 6 months. This year is rough for those with little free time for gaming.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#39 » by NapoleonII » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:21 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:My kiddo (7 yrs old) is playing Breath of the Wild and I'm enjoying the hell out of it, too.

Any other recs?

What systems are you playing on?

NIntendo switch, a decent PC, and getting a PS5 for xmas!
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 674

Post#40 » by Hitachi77 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:46 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

We're about half way into this current gen and I feel like there's only a handful of truly great games. Was going to by the PS5 on Black friday specifically to play GoW and Spiderman 2 but outside of those two games, nothing really jumps out as a must play. Kind of makes a PS5 not quite worth it for me.

Have you played:

Elden Ring
Sekiro
Demon Souls remake
FF7R
RE4R

I suppose all but one can be played on PS4, if that’s what you were getting at.

Return to Phoenix Suns