ImageImageImage

Game 19: Nuggets @ Suns 8pm

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,945

Re: Game 19: Nuggets @ Suns 8pm 

Post#161 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 2, 2023 11:58 am

RedIndian wrote:Some terrible calls in the 4th, but ultimately we lost the game because our defense was just horrendous in the 1st half.

Not too bummed about our offense, that'll click once Book is back, and hopefully will be dynamite once Beal is back too. But we really need to have a long-term solution for our defensive woes.

Defensive rating of 114.4 which is 18th best in the league isn't good enough for a title contender. It's not likely to get better with Beal in the starting lineup either. I don't think we can get away with Allen in that starting lineup either - he's ok defensively, but we desperately need a consistent stopper in that starting lineup next to the big 3 in the playoffs.

Trading for Caruso is the best solution if we can pull it off. We should hope that the growth Little and Goodwin have shown is good enough for them to be an attractive package for Caruso.

Little, Goodwin, Bol Bol for Caruso, Craig would be perfect. Caruso is the ideal 5th starter next to the big 3, and majorly solves our problem of POA defense. I'd also trust Craig a lot more in the playoffs than KBD or Yuta. Plus it'd be great fun to trade for Craig for the 3rd time in 3 years.

Every contender team wants Caruso, I doubt we can put a package good enough to beat other offers. At worst they can get a FRP and we don't have any of that available.

I think Royce O'Neale is a more realistic target, not as dynamic as Caruso but can be a nice acquisition for multiple 2nds + expirings ala Crowder or Tucker.

BTW I don't want Craig back at all. Past his prime and he is a terrible passer and overall a worse wing than any of Little, KBD, Okogie or Yuta.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#162 » by Bogyo » Sat Dec 2, 2023 12:24 pm

Saberestar wrote:
RedIndian wrote:Some terrible calls in the 4th, but ultimately we lost the game because our defense was just horrendous in the 1st half.

Not too bummed about our offense, that'll click once Book is back, and hopefully will be dynamite once Beal is back too. But we really need to have a long-term solution for our defensive woes.

Defensive rating of 114.4 which is 18th best in the league isn't good enough for a title contender. It's not likely to get better with Beal in the starting lineup either. I don't think we can get away with Allen in that starting lineup either - he's ok defensively, but we desperately need a consistent stopper in that starting lineup next to the big 3 in the playoffs.

Trading for Caruso is the best solution if we can pull it off. We should hope that the growth Little and Goodwin have shown is good enough for them to be an attractive package for Caruso.

Little, Goodwin, Bol Bol for Caruso, Craig would be perfect. Caruso is the ideal 5th starter next to the big 3, and majorly solves our problem of POA defense. I'd also trust Craig a lot more in the playoffs than KBD or Yuta. Plus it'd be great fun to trade for Craig for the 3rd time in 3 years.

Every contender team wants Caruso, I doubt we can put a package good enough to beat other offers. At worst they can get a FRP and we don't have any of that available.

I think Royce O'Neale is a more realistic target, not as dynamic as Caruso but can be a nice acquisition for multiple 2nds + expirings ala Crowder or Tucker.

BTW I don't want Craig back at all. Past his prime and he is a terrible passer and overall a worse wing than any of Little, KBD, Okogie or Yuta.

But this is where it comes back to bite us in the proverbial that we overpaid in every single trade since JJ took over. (Some of it was Ishbia by now, but still - it is a GM's job to provide intel, in depth analysis, and influence the owners, even if its a trigger happy ultra rich new owner).
We have nothing to trade that is worth to these teams. If we had one (two) more first or just traded Crowder for the 4-5 seconds (or whatever they got for him) we would be in competition. Now? Not so much...

*edit: BKN pick goes to rockets, they have absolutley no incentive to get any worse
# waiting for the next chapter
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 335

Post#163 » by bullsaficianado » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:05 pm

As a Bulls/Suns fan I do hope Caruso winds up in Phoenix. Except if he gets injured would lead to guess what lack of depth so Suns would have to pickup some waived players at the trade deadline. I would not trade Allen at all for Caruso you hang the phone up on Chicago if they want him. I can live with Little,Goodwin,Bol Bol for Caruso but Bulls would have to add another player.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#164 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:12 pm

enigmatics wrote:For anyone interested in Durant's 4th Q numbers this year.

Yuck.

KDs never been the best 4th quarter closer if you're forcing the ball to him, he gets very turnover prone when teams know the ball is going to him and he's holding the ball trying to create something. But that isn't his strength anyway, his superpower is that hes an off ball superstar, he can do the onball stuff but that isn't his unique point.

His gravity and shot making ability is always elite, you just need an elite guard to take advantage of that. Curry and Irving absolutely feasted and put up career best efficiency playing next to KD, and Book is on track to as well.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#165 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:15 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Silver lining is Nurk plays Joker really **** good

That’s much bigger than a win or a loss. Once Booker was ruled out this was just another game to me. 1/82, especially considering they have guys out too. But Nurkic playing Jokic well. That’s huge.

Absolutely. I doubt the Nuggets fans feel great about this win, sure they were missing Murray but Nurk looks like he handles Jokic just fine.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#166 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 2, 2023 2:29 pm

enigmatics wrote:For anyone interested in Durant's 4th Q numbers this year.

Yuck.

6.5 points in 7.3 minutes is great and his percentages are low for just two reasons... he is carrying the team on most games against double teams wich are more agressive in the fourth and he had a bad shooting night in the last game.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#167 » by NapoleonII » Sat Dec 2, 2023 5:00 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Silver lining is Nurk plays Joker really **** good

That’s much bigger than a win or a loss. Once Booker was ruled out this was just another game to me. 1/82, especially considering they have guys out too. But Nurkic playing Jokic well. That’s huge.

Absolutely. I doubt the Nuggets fans feel great about this win, sure they were missing Murray but Nurk looks like he handles Jokic just fine.

This was my takeaway too.

Jokic makes mince-meat out of athletic centers - Ayton/AD / Kat.

You're better off throwing someone in his weight class who's just as slow, defensively smart and will make it tough for him.

We have a better chance IMO with this line-up than we did last year.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#168 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 6:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=e2jUjMUourhO2823KONxMg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#169 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 2, 2023 7:32 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=e2jUjMUourhO2823KONxMg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I laughed hard...it was hilarious.

And what about that masterful flop from Jokic in the second half? Oh my...

The Nuggets VS The Suns are the most interesting rivalry nowadays in the league, no doubt about it for me.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Post#170 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 10:25 pm

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2337295

Vote for your Nashty!

I'm a game late but better late than never!
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns