Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,099

Re: Game 22: Sacramento Kings (11-8) @ Phoenix Suns (12-9) | Friday | 7:00PM 

Post#101 » by garrick » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:33 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:this is not a super talented team and it has more issues than you think

boston, milwaukee and denver are clear cut above phoenix

I know you are here to troll but there is 0 evidence of this. The Nuggets have been way more healthy and have exactly 1 less loss than the Suns. The Bucks have been fully healthy and are in nailbiters against basically everyone. And the Celtics still lose to bad teams and choke in the playoffs.

So yeah, you are wrong. At least the Suns have the health excuse.

im not here to troll, thats my opinion of this team

so called "big 3" consists of booker (who missed 9 games already, which may or may not mean something for the rest of the season), durant whos 35 year old and even if hes still a great, great player, hes past his prime (and has missed a good number of games in the past few seasons), beal whos damaged goods and simply not the player he once was and to me thats a flawed "big 3"

then you have nurk, whos not the same player he was pre-leg break, he lost quickness and it obviously affected his play on both ends of the floor (still a solid player, but he was on trajectory to become an all-star caliber player)

allen whos on a 4th team in 6 years (and with a good reason, teams dont get rid of good players, unless they get even better player in return, which certainly isnt the case here)

gordon is a solid player i guess (you could do better, but you could do worse too)

eubanks, goodwin, watanabe, okogie, metu, bates diop are minimun contract guys who are signed not cause theyre solid or anything, but cause you simply needed to fill out the roster and they were available

ps id like to see phoenix win the chip cause of nurk, but i just cant see it happening (hopefully im wrong)

regular season record doesnt matter, its all about the playoffs and come playoffs time, these teams dont have the issues that phoenix have and theyre not going anywhere, it is what it is

oh, i forgot, all these teams can play great defense unlike phoenix

ps id like to see phoenix win the chip cause of nurk, but i just cant see it happening (hopefully im wrong)

Yeah posting valid criticisms doesn't make you a troll.

Anyway one thing that Phoenix doesn't have is that one MVP level star like Giannis or Jokic that can put a team on his back and take over a series.

Both Jokic and Giannis did that already but KD at this stage is not that level of player, Beal certainly isn't either and Booker while I like him is not a MVP level player. We can only hope by the time the playoffs roll around that all three stars are healthy and ready to contribute.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#102 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 8:01 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:this is not a super talented team and it has more issues than you think

I know you are here to troll but there is 0 evidence of this. The Nuggets have been way more healthy and have exactly 1 less loss than the Suns. The Bucks have been fully healthy and are in nailbiters against basically everyone. And the Celtics still lose to bad teams and choke in the playoffs.

so called "big 3" consists of booker (who missed 9 games already, which may or may not mean something for the rest of the season), durant whos 35 year old and even if hes still a great, great player, hes past his prime (and has missed a good number of games in the past few seasons), beal whos damaged goods and simply not the player he once was and to me thats a flawed "big 3"

then you have nurk, whos not the same player he was pre-leg break, he lost quickness and it obviously affected his play on both ends of the floor (still a solid player, but he was on trajectory to become an all-star caliber player)

allen whos on a 4th team in 6 years (and with a good reason, teams dont get rid of good players, unless they get even better player in return, which certainly isnt the case here)

gordon is a solid player i guess (you could do better, but you could do worse too)

eubanks, goodwin, watanabe, okogie, metu, bates diop are minimun contract guys who are signed not cause theyre solid or anything, but cause you simply needed to fill out the roster and they were available

regular season record doesnt matter, its all about the playoffs and come playoffs time, these teams dont have the issues that phoenix have and theyre not going anywhere, it is what it is

Yeah, I figured you were here because of Nurk and not to troll, and agree with your post. I do, however, think they CAN be very good and perhaps beat anyone IF healthy, but they haven't been so far, so it's hard to have complete confidence they will for much of the season. I hope they are soon. The schedule will get tougher so we will need health to win consistently, but we did play a good Lakers team fairly tough, when they rocked the Pelicans in the next game, and we were missing players.

I can see just about anything happening with the toughness of the west. Losing in the first round, having to win the play in, but also getting to and maybe winning the finals. But that's still a long shot. I think teams like OKC and Houston are for real too. Then you have Denver, New Orleans (who I think are usually very good if healthy and just had a poor game against the Lakers), the LA teams, GS, Sac, Minnesota and maybe Dallas. That's 10 other competitive teams that are certainly all expecting to make the playoffs.

We were also lucky to get Memphis a few times before Ja came back and with Smart out. They will be a much different team when Ja is back with Smart, especially with Tyus Jones gone. Also lucky Adams and Clarke are out.
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 674

Post#103 » by Hitachi77 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:53 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:

No issue with this post. My main issue was your first post. They are a talented team, and them losing games while not being healthy is not evidence of them not being talented. If you want to say they are injury prone, and unlikely to go far because of that, no one here will disagree with you. If you want to say they have issues on defense, no one will disagree with you there either.

The other part is that you acted like Boston, Milwaukee, and Denver are some juggernauts, and they just aren’t. They have glaring issues of their own, and if you can’t see that you just aren’t paying attention. The league is more wide open than it has probably ever been.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#104 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:59 am

The Booker Durant team last year was better than now so the major change looks to be coaching.

We have plenty of team cohesion to work on, I don't think it's a talent issue.

Return to Phoenix Suns