ImageImageImage

Game 22: Sacramento Kings (11-8) @ Phoenix Suns (12-9) | Friday | 7:00PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Re: Game 22: Sacramento Kings (11-8) @ Phoenix Suns (12-9) | Friday | 7:00PM 

Post#81 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:29 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:Vogel just took Yuta out for another non shooter when they’re down 13 points. Okogie and Goodwin in at the same time. Great coaching…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vogel is absolutely awful. This team sucks
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#82 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:29 am

KLEON wrote:8 vs 5

8 vs 3 if Okogie and KBD are in.

KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,972

Post#83 » by KLEON » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:33 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:

I knew nothing about this KBD when the Suns signed him but I saw where a lot of ppl here were hyping him up as a great signing but I'm still waiting. Btw Metu deserves minutes
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,162

Post#84 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:34 am

AtheJ415 wrote:This team is an embarassment to basketball. I hope we come back but it is painful to watch a team make so many mistakes on a super talented contender with a bunch of vet players. We are poorly coached with no discipline and poor execution

this is not a super talented team and it has more issues than you think

boston, milwaukee and denver are clear cut above phoenix
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#85 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:36 am

KLEON wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

I knew nothing about this KBD when the Suns signed him but I saw where a lot of ppl here were hyping him up as a great signing but I'm still waiting. Btw Metu deserves minutes

Metu definitely deserves all his minutes. I’m tired of watching KBD clank wide open 3’s and miss free throws.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#86 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:43 am

This is not a game I expected to win at all. In fact, I'm surprised we were up so much for a while. Someone mentioned this team on paper is great, but we were missing 2 of our big 3 tonight AND Allen. We only have like 7 capable playoff caliber rotation players, even with KD, Beal and Allen. And that includes Eubanks. So when you only have 7 capable playoff rotation players and you are missing 3 of them, including 2 of your best 3 and your best 3 pt shooter, you won't be winning much.

Tonight was Book, Nurkic and a bunch of minimum guys (I guess Little isn't a mininum but he is about as good as a minimum, though Gordon is better than a minimum) taking on a good young team. The Kings starting 5 has the 3rd best net rating in the NBA. We were kind of lucky they started out so cold.

Our key is health. When we are healthy we are good.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,080

Post#87 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:

I have more hope in Ayton playing with effort than this team ever being fully healthy for a long time.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,972

Post#88 » by KLEON » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:36 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I have more hope in Ayton playing with effort than this team ever being fully healthy for a long time.

You must be really pissed or drunk to make such a bold statement. BTW Elevator Ernie plays with more effort than #2
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#89 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:41 am

What are we elite at?

Right now we have no calling card everything is so bland.

A good coach can imprint a style of play and make role players better it seems to be the opposite.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,089

Post#90 » by garrick » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:44 am

Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind trading Cam Payne when he was on a very affordable contract & the fact that Ishbia wasn't worried about paying the luxury tax bill?

At worst he was an expiring we could have held onto and dangled as a possible trade bait, now it looks like we might have just lost him to lessen the luxury tax bill.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,253

Post#91 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:55 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:What are we elite at?

Right now we have no calling card everything is so bland.

A good coach can imprint a style of play and make role players better it seems to be the opposite.
Turning the ball over
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,784

Post#92 » by sunsbum » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:08 am

I think point book has taken away his own and this teams identity. I don't like it even though hes capable.
I hate this team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#93 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:23 am

Such a competitive team we have don’t need to rely on stars to win ballgames.

Spoiler:
Oh wait, nevermind. :lol:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#94 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:35 am

With 3 of our 6 best players out we were OK losing on a close game. Third quarter was disgusting.

I think that we are gonna watch the BIG 3 together for the next game, fingers crossed.

All in all we are 7th in the West. It is a solid record with all the injuries that we have had and Beal is gonna help big time.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Post#95 » by sunsbg » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:46 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Kings will be lighting the beam today unfortunately. Fox and Book matchup as scoring PGs will bring some entertainment. Domas and Nurk as playmaking bigs is an interesting matchup too. After that it's advantage SAC in almost everything. Their bench is one of the deepest in the league with Monk favorite for 6th man probably. Lyles and Vezenkov can shoot. McGee and Len give them size advantage. A close loss I'll consider a win in this game.

How can they light the beam when they’re playing on the road in our arena?

It's a tradition after home and road wins.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/kings-beam-explained-light-beam-chant-celebration/xwl4qqocdvkakcdxp23rpdta

First half was pretty good, but Book, EG and Nurk couldn't keep same level in second and there was nobody dependable after those three. Okogie and KDB starters lol. Kings bench has a few better players, even an (EL)MVP, so the final result was logical.
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 674

Post#96 » by Hitachi77 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:46 am

garrick wrote:Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind trading Cam Payne when he was on a very affordable contract & the fact that Ishbia wasn't worried about paying the luxury tax bill?

At worst he was an expiring we could have held onto and dangled as a possible trade bait, now it looks like we might have just lost him to lessen the luxury tax bill.

There is no rationale. He’s a 4th guy who could actually score and create, and produce in the playoffs at times. Basically the team, and many here, considered him expendable because we signed so many unproven players.
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 674

Post#97 » by Hitachi77 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:52 am

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:This team is an embarassment to basketball. I hope we come back but it is painful to watch a team make so many mistakes on a super talented contender with a bunch of vet players. We are poorly coached with no discipline and poor execution

I know you are here to troll but there is 0 evidence of this. The Nuggets have been way more healthy and have exactly 1 less loss than the Suns. The Bucks have been fully healthy and are in nailbiters against basically everyone. And the Celtics still lose to bad teams and choke in the playoffs.

So yeah, you are wrong. At least the Suns have the health excuse.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#98 » by Bogyo » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:08 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:
garrick wrote:Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind trading Cam Payne when he was on a very affordable contract & the fact that Ishbia wasn't worried about paying the luxury tax bill?

There is no rationale. He’s a 4th guy who could actually score and create, and produce in the playoffs at times. Basically the team, and many here, considered him expendable because we signed so many unproven players.

I think the rationale was more like "Eric Gordon can do at least the same". This might still be true when Eric Gordon will only play against bench players - we have to see later on.

My only real concern is really that we are becoming clippery with all these injuries to all our stars. Like is this ever gonna be a healthy squad for a 2 month playoff run? If yes we should be better than good. But are we?
# waiting for the next chapter
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,162

Post#99 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Sat Dec 9, 2023 1:23 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:

I know you are here to troll but there is 0 evidence of this. The Nuggets have been way more healthy and have exactly 1 less loss than the Suns. The Bucks have been fully healthy and are in nailbiters against basically everyone. And the Celtics still lose to bad teams and choke in the playoffs.

im not here to troll, thats my opinion of this team

so called "big 3" consists of booker (who missed 9 games already, which may or may not mean something for the rest of the season), durant whos 35 year old and even if hes still a great, great player, hes past his prime (and has missed a good number of games in the past few seasons), beal whos damaged goods and simply not the player he once was and to me thats a flawed "big 3"

then you have nurk, whos not the same player he was pre-leg break, he lost quickness and it obviously affected his play on both ends of the floor (still a solid player, but he was on trajectory to become an all-star caliber player)

allen whos on a 4th team in 6 years (and with a good reason, teams dont get rid of good players, unless they get even better player in return, which certainly isnt the case here)

gordon is a solid player i guess (you could do better, but you could do worse too)

eubanks, goodwin, watanabe, okogie, metu, bates diop are minimun contract guys who are signed not cause theyre solid or anything, but cause you simply needed to fill out the roster and they were available

regular season record doesnt matter, its all about the playoffs and come playoffs time, these teams dont have the issues that phoenix have and theyre not going anywhere, it is what it is

oh, i forgot, all these teams can play great defense unlike phoenix

ps id like to see phoenix win the chip cause of nurk, but i just cant see it happening (hopefully im wrong)
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#100 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:16 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:this is not a super talented team and it has more issues than you think

im not here to troll, thats my opinion of this team

so called "big 3" consists of booker (who missed 9 games already, which may or may not mean something for the rest of the season), durant whos 35 year old and even if hes still a great, great player, hes past his prime (and has missed a good number of games in the past few seasons), beal whos damaged goods and simply not the player he once was and to me thats a flawed "big 3"

then you have nurk, whos not the same player he was pre-leg break, he lost quickness and it obviously affected his play on both ends of the floor (still a solid player, but he was on trajectory to become an all-star caliber player)

allen whos on a 4th team in 6 years (and with a good reason, teams dont get rid of good players, unless they get even better player in return, which certainly isnt the case here)

gordon is a solid player i guess (you could do better, but you could do worse too)

eubanks, goodwin, watanabe, okogie, metu, bates diop are minimun contract guys who are signed not cause theyre solid or anything, but cause you simply needed to fill out the roster and they were available

ps id like to see phoenix win the chip cause of nurk, but i just cant see it happening (hopefully im wrong)

regular season record doesnt matter, its all about the playoffs and come playoffs time, these teams dont have the issues that phoenix have and theyre not going anywhere, it is what it is

oh, i forgot, all these teams can play great defense unlike phoenix

This team is not winning a championship any time soon. We traded our entire roster for two aging stars who (1) has massive back problems & (2) a great scorer but had a massive injury 3-4 years ago. Our team just isn’t constructed properly for playoff basketball, but in RS can win 50+ games. Many Suns fans can’t stand watching this circus as you can not many are posting during game threads. This team is too predictable and it’s easy to figure us out.

Return to Phoenix Suns