Barrett, Brunson and Randle
67%

Total votes: 15

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Game 25: New York Knicks (13-10) @ Phoenix Suns (13-11) | Friday | 8:00PM 

Post#1 » by Saberestar » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:05 pm

OUT: Josh Okogie (hip), Damion Lee (knee).

QUESTIONABLE: Grayson Allen (groin), Eric Gordon (right lower leg soreness).

For the Knicks Mitchel Robinson OUT.
Saberestar
RealGM

Re: Game 25: New York Knicks (13-10) @ Phoenix Suns (13-11) | Friday | 8:00PM 

Post#2 » by Saberestar » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:45 pm

Grayson Allen (groin) IN tonight vs. Knicks

Read on Twitter
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#3 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:02 pm

Winning streak starts tonight. We have an easy schedule the rest of the month. I expect the Suns to win comfortably tonight. I’m not trolling but having Grayson back with the big 4 (yes Nurk should be part of the 3) is huge. I expect better vibes on this board tonight. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#4 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:31 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:Winning streak starts tonight. We have an easy schedule the rest of the month. I expect the Suns to win comfortably tonight. I’m not trolling but having Grayson back with the big 4 (yes Nurk should be part of the 3) is huge. I expect better vibes on this board tonight. We’ll see.

Great! We can beat average to bottom teams, but when it comes to top 10 we won’t be winning many of those games. Yes, we’ve seen this team win 6 straight earlier but it never felt like the Suns dominated in those games. Only game we truly won and earned was against the first place T-Wolves. If Phoenix don’t reach the WCF/NBA finals this season all those players Ishbia brought in was all for nothing. Heck, with this lineup we should be reaching the nba finals easily but I doubt that will happen. Roster is badly constructed and not enough chemistry build to do something special in the playoffs.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,095

Post#5 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:48 pm

Maybe some good music will help this team.
Boujack
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#6 » by Boujack » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:48 pm

We have just 7 "competitive" players in our roster and for the first time all of them are ready to play.

Devin Booker - Kevin Durant - Bradley Beal - Jusuf Nurkic - Grayson Allen - Eric Gordon - Chimezie Metu
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#7 » by Saberestar » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:05 pm

Boujack wrote:We have just 7 "competitive" players in our roster and for the first time all of them are ready to play.

Devin Booker - Kevin Durant - Bradley Beal - Jusuf Nurkic - Grayson Allen - Eric Gordon - Chimezie Metu

Look at how many "competitive" players the Nuggets had last year...and they won the championship.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Game 25: New York Knicks (13-10) @ Phoenix Suns (13-11) | Friday | 8:00PM 

Post#8 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:10 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Winning streak starts tonight. We have an easy schedule the rest of the month. I expect the Suns to win comfortably tonight. I’m not trolling but having Grayson back with the big 4 (yes Nurk should be part of the 3) is huge. I expect better vibes on this board tonight. We’ll see.

Great! We can beat average to bottom teams, but when it comes to top 10 we won’t be winning many of those games. Yes, we’ve seen this team win 6 straight earlier but it never felt like the Suns dominated in those games. Only game we truly won and earned was against the first place T-Wolves. If Phoenix don’t reach the WCF/NBA finals this season all those players Ishbia brought in was all for nothing. Heck, with this lineup we should be reaching the nba finals easily but I doubt that will happen. Roster is badly constructed and not enough chemistry build to do something special in the playoffs.

Once they get more comfortable, they’re going to be fine. I give it 15-20 more games until I can truly know how good/bad this team is. Now, if guys will continue to go in and out the lineup, I can understand why everyone is concerned. I am too in that regard. I also don’t have a ton of faith on Frank Vogel but willing to give him a chance now that we’re healthy.

Also, you can’t say “with this lineup we should be reaching the finals easily” and then “roster is badly constructed” which one is it? I think overall our roster is fine. Some small moves may need to happen though.

Boujack
Freshman

Post#9 » by Boujack » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:43 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Boujack wrote:We have just 7 "competitive" players in our roster and for the first time all of them are ready to play.

Look at how many "competitive" players the Nuggets had last year...and they won the championship.

Exactly 7 like us. But this year just 5 and for that reason they won't win anything.

And Metu is questionable but is on the list because his size also helps.

2022 - 2023

Nikola Jokic
Jamal Murray
Michael Porter Jr.
Aaron Gordon
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Bones Hyland
Bruce Brown
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#10 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:54 pm

Boujack wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Exactly 7 like us. But this year just 5 and for that reason they won't win anything.

And Metu is questionable and is on the list because of his size helps.

2022 - 2023

Nikola Jokic
Jamal Murray
Michael Porter Jr.
Aaron Gordon
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Bones Hyland
Bruce Brown

Yeah, losing Bruce Brown will hurt them, he’s their energy guy. But I still have the Nuggets reaching finals only to lose to the Celtics. What is your prediction on finals matchup?
Boujack
Freshman

Post#11 » by Boujack » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:02 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Boujack wrote:
Saberestar wrote: What is your prediction on finals matchup?

if the planets align and we get these 7 80% of the time: Celtics - Suns

Let the team roll.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#12 » by Saberestar » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:29 pm

Boujack wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

2022 - 2023

Nikola Jokic
Jamal Murray
Michael Porter Jr.
Aaron Gordon
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Bones Hyland
Bruce Brown

Yeah, they played 7 players in but Bones Hyland wasn't one of them, he was traded to the Clippers. It was Jeff Green and they lost him in FA too.

We can win with our depth but we need to be healthy.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#13 » by enigmatics » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:06 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:

On one hand - this team could use a stretch of powder puffs to acclimate the Big 3 into Kevin Young's juggernaut COUGH sorry joke of an offense (if you even wanna call it that) and Vogel's so-called defensive schemes.

But the litmus test will always be the upper echelon teams in the West and there's quite a few of them this year.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by enigmatics » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:09 pm

Boujack wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

2022 - 2023

Nikola Jokic
Jamal Murray
Michael Porter Jr.
Aaron Gordon
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Bones Hyland
Bruce Brown

You're not accounting for Christian Braun, so they definitely had 8 they trusted. He was another high energy, disciplined guy like Brown to throw at wings and SG's.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by enigmatics » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:19 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Once they get more comfortable, they’re going to be fine. I give it 15-20 more games until I can truly know how good/bad this team is. Now, if guys will continue to go in and out the lineup, I can understand why everyone is concerned. I am too in that regard. I also don’t have a ton of faith on Frank Vogel but willing to give him a chance now that we’re healthy.

Also, you can’t say “with this lineup we should be reaching the finals easily” and then “roster is badly constructed” which one is it? I think overall our roster is fine. Some small moves may need to happen though.

I don't know how you can rationally sit there and say "this roster is fine". There are clearly holes in it - the question is will the Big 3 firepower be too much for teams on a consistent basis regardless of the holes?

- Their perimeter defense is horrendous

- Kevin Young doesn't really appear to be running a definitive scheme

- They don't have a trustworthy big to help take some of the pressure off Nurk who's busting his ass out there on the boards nor do they look like they have a viable backup C

- They're 24th in the league in committed turnovers

Then as we have discussed a thousand times - it doesn't look like there's a legitimate backup PG on the roster to get the second unit into their sets. Book hasn't even shown he can do it in crunch time given how many games they've pissed away the 2nd half (btw he's averaging 1.7 assists in the 4th quarter this year).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,634

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:54 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:

I expect to win tonight too, and Allen is huge.

The Knicks being part of an easy schedule (which I get) is kind of ironic though considering they are 13-10 and we are 13-11.

SRB4G - WCF/Finals? I think a good goal for now is avoiding the play in and getting up to at least #6. Once we get there we can focus on loftier goals.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,634

Post#17 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:57 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

I don't know how you can rationally sit there and say "this roster is fine". There are clearly holes in it - the question is will the Big 3 firepower be too much for teams on a consistent basis regardless of the holes?

- Their perimeter defense is horrendous

- Kevin Young doesn't really appear to be running a definitive scheme

- They don't have a trustworthy big to help take some of the pressure off Nurk who's busting his ass out there on the boards nor do they look like they have a viable backup C

- They're 24th in the league in committed turnovers

Then as we have discussed a thousand times - it doesn't look like there's a legitimate backup PG on the roster to get the second unit into their sets. Book hasn't even shown he can do it in crunch time given how many games they've pissed away the 2nd half (btw he's averaging 1.7 assists in the 4th quarter this year).

You'll probably be saying this for years unless we really nail a draft pick. Given we only had minimum salary slots after our big 3, Nurkic and Allen, we did pretty damn good with our minimum slots. Okogie, KBD, Yuta, Goodwin, etc, are not great but for minimum guys they are better than what you would expect. The Gordon is a big bargain on a minimum. Of course Little makes $7 million which is more than he's worth. He may be our only trade piece.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#18 » by Blonde » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 pm

I had to buy tickets to this one for Marion’s ring of honor night. Was surprised to see that the ceremony was after the game ends (or so I’ve heard) rather than during half time as I believe it has been in the past. Would be pretty deflating to have a bad loss then stick around for the ceremony. Hopeful for a W though, I feel like this will be the big 3 debut we were all hoping for on wednesday.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,242

Post#19 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Great! We can beat average to bottom teams, but when it comes to top 10 we won’t be winning many of those games. Yes, we’ve seen this team win 6 straight earlier but it never felt like the Suns dominated in those games. Only game we truly won and earned was against the first place T-Wolves. If Phoenix don’t :D :D reach the WCF/NBA finals this season all those players Ishbia brought in was all for nothing. Heck, with this lineup we should be reaching the nba finals easily but I doubt that will happen. Roster is badly constructed and not enough chemistry build to do something special in the playoffs.

The Knicks being part of an easy schedule (which I get) is kind of ironic though considering they are 13-10 and we are 13-11.

SRB4G - WCF/Finals? I think a good goal for now is avoiding the play in and getting up to at least #6. Once we get there we can focus on loftier goals.

Tonight I’m on your side , even wearing orange , I despise the Knicks more than any other team or player

Let’s Go Suns

:D
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#20 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:55 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

That was my prognosis heading into the season considering who we acquired in the off-season. But I didn’t realize that a new coach along with 98% of a new roster would make it more difficult to achieve. I wanted to assume the Suns would be Miami Heat 2.0 of 2011 when they didn’t have great experience yet, but still made the finals losing to the Mavs. :(

Return to Phoenix Suns