Total votes: 15

sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Re: Game 25: New York Knicks (13-10) @ Phoenix Suns (13-11) | Friday | 8:00PM 

Post#301 » by sunsfan1o1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:15 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsfan1o1 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:That's not true. He has a career turnover average of 3.1 per game and 4.8 assist per game. This season he has increased his assist to 8.3 per game while his turnover average is STILL at 3.1. He's 6th in the league in APG and 5th in the league in AST%. He's doing very well as PG and he passes the eye test. He's not the best PG but he's in the top 10.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/11/29/23980278/devin-booker-passing-assists-phoenix-suns

The problem isn't that he can't play PG :roll:

The problem is that he's better and we're better with Book as a SG as he was over the last few years next to CP3. But we don't have anyone that can relieve him of PG duty

I’m not impressed by numbers. I watch the games. He misses wide open guys because he’s not a good point guard.
One play for example against the Knicks. At the end of the first half he missed a wide open Little and passed it to Nurkic.
Thanks to Nurkic being a better pg than Booker he passed it to the extremely wide open Little who hit the 3 to end the half.

Not to mention Beal just standing around watching Booker that 1st game. He took only 9 shots thanks to his point guard.

Then watch KD just standing around watching Booker play alone. It’s just bad basketball.

There’s no ball movement. No 2 man gameplay with him and KD like Jokic and Murray. It’s just Booker dominating the ball and passing if he feels like it.

Booker just doesn’t have what it takes.

Do you think it’s time to trade Booker to Chicago for LaVine and Caruso? That way we have a Booker 2.0 and a pg who can find open guys while playing good defense.

Lavine is trash. I would try to get Morant, Haliburton or Fox for Booker but those are long shots.

If not it’s time to sign a real pg who isn’t looking for stats. I would take Rondo or Wall or George Hill over this Booker experiment

Or have Nurkic play the point center like Jokic. I rather that than watch another second of point Book. It’s God awful
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Re: Game 25: New York Knicks (13-10) @ Phoenix Suns (13-11) | Friday | 8:00PM 

Post#302 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:50 am

sunsfan1o1 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
sunsfan1o1 wrote:BOOKER CANT PLAY PG. That’s the suns problem and nothing else. He’s awful.

That's not true. He has a career turnover average of 3.1 per game and 4.8 assist per game. This season he has increased his assist to 8.3 per game while his turnover average is STILL at 3.1. He's 6th in the league in APG and 5th in the league in AST%. He's doing very well as PG and he passes the eye test. He's not the best PG but he's in the top 10.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/11/29/23980278/devin-booker-passing-assists-phoenix-suns

“It’s good to have our point guard back,” Durant—who’s currently boasting his highest scoring average in a decade—said after Booker’s return in a recent win against Minnesota. Positions are increasingly an arbitrary conceit, but it’s more than clear that Booker can conduct elite offense by himself. He directly makes life easier for everyone around him, organizes sets, manipulates defenders from the top of the floor, and makes every big decision.

He’s either withstood or demolished pretty much every defensive coverage that’s even semi-regularly deployed in the NBA, be it a box-and-one against Golden State or the barrage of blitzes that come 30 feet from the basket. Beal will eventually enter the equation as another knockdown shooter who can make life easier for Booker by simultaneously decreasing some ballhandling duties while spacing the floor better than anyone on the team (not named Durant or Eric Gordon).

In the meantime, to see Booker be this effective right out the gate, without Beal, surrounded by a brand-new supporting cast, and under a new head coach, is petrifying and awesome. “We don’t know each other,” Booker said after Game 1. One month later, with so much still to learn, Phoenix’s offensive ceiling is only theoretical; Booker’s steady, albeit sudden, transformation into a top-shelf floor general is the biggest reason.

The problem isn't that he can't play PG :roll:

The problem is that he's better and we're better with Book as a SG as he was over the last few years next to CP3. But we don't have anyone that can relieve him of PG duty

I’m not impressed by numbers. I watch the games. He misses wide open guys because he’s not a good point guard.
One play for example against the Knicks. At the end of the first half he missed a wide open Little and passed it to Nurkic.
Thanks to Nurkic being a better pg than Booker he passed it to the extremely wide open Little who hit the 3 to end the half.

Not to mention Beal just standing around watching Booker that 1st game. He took only 9 shots thanks to his point guard.

Then watch KD just standing around watching Booker play alone. It’s just bad basketball.

There’s no ball movement. No 2 man gameplay with him and KD like Jokic and Murray. It’s just Booker dominating the ball and passing if he feels like it.

Booker just doesn’t have what it takes.

I watch games.

He consistently finds guys who are open on the weak side as he pulls in multiple help defenders and the numbers back up the eye test. You are judging him against the best PG in the league (Jokic) which is far from fair and he's not that kind of passer but he still a top 10 passing guard in the league.

But this is why I said him playing PG isn't the issue, the issue is that we and Book are better when he plays SG. When his focus is getting buckets first and then getting guys involved second which was his role over the past few years, that's when he's maximised. Making him playing Point Book is a good idea in theory but it takes his focus away from what he does best. But in a situation where you have no better option, he has to do what he has to do.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns