Total votes: 15

AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Re: Game 25: New York Knicks (13-10) @ Phoenix Suns (13-11) | Friday | 8:00PM 

Post#241 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:11 am

Revived wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Tuned in late and was like where's Beal lol..ffs this guy is glass

Wasn't his fault at all. Unlucky AF.

When are injuries ever the fault of players? Some players are just flat out injury prone and Beal is one of them. It’s unlucky sure but injuries just find him.

Robin Lopez punching the glass
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#242 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:14 am

pj0tr wrote:Tonight's loss was squarely on Booker.

Hes the leader of the team. Can't lose your head and disappear yet again when your team needs you the most.

Yall don't wanna hear it - but Book is hurting this team with his turnovers, silly fouls, and lack of leadership late in game.

When we staggered KD in the 4th quarters, he has also been completely non-existant. We've lost 20 point leads with KD not taking a shot in the 4th until the very last of the game. The coaching staff should be at the forefront of this, but Book and KD are absolutely the players in the best position to turn around the lack of intensity and effort given they are the leaders of this team and they have sat there for 25 games watching this **** get worse and worse and worse.

It would be nice to lose without a woeful amount of self inflicted wounds and where we played hard the entire game.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,099

Post#243 » by garrick » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:15 am

AtheJ415 wrote:I'll also note Book and KD are supposed to be the leaders on this team, and while they've put up numbers, they have been TERRIBLE on defense and with a **** load of countless unforced turnovers. They are EVERY BIT a part of the problem for this team, regardless of their really efficient offensive play overall. And I don't think their (well we have injuries) statements in every press conference is helping. We are a team of babies that desperately needs an adult

Vogel needs to realize playing point Book or point Goodwin is not the answer.

Give Saben Lee some minutes or cut him and sign another PG asap. Also we need bigger bodies and another reserve center, we made a huge mistake letting Bismak and TC walk for nothing.

Maybe Dwight has some juice left in him and would be good for at least 10-15 minutes at least, better than having useless Bol Bol sitting on our roster.
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#244 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:16 am

AtheJ415 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Are we in agreement to fire Vogel? I don’t care how soon it is and what injuries we’ve had. He has to go before it’s too late. I figured hiring him was a huge mistake. Wonder what Ishbia is thinking..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the only hope for this season. If we get to mid-year we won't have enough time to figure it out and the season will be lost, and we'll walk into next year as probably the last where KD is what he is, after having traded a decade of assets for him and Beal. This is a nightmare.

If you are going to make that KD trade and mortgage the future you have to make it work immediately. We have fallen off a cliff as a team since last year and it's not like it was because Monty was so amazing. Just look at Detroit. Maybe we need to hire CP3 as our coach. I just want somebody, ANYBODY, who can get our guys to play hard because watching this **** hole of a team saunter around the court while we lose on effort plays is the most frustrating thing imagineable as a fan

I'll also add that firing somebody can set an example and maybe wake the team up. This team needs a spanking
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#245 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:20 am

Could we hire Kelvin Sampson away from Houston before the season ends? Instead of Vogel? Because his teams always play hard
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#246 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:21 am

garrick wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:I'll also note Book and KD are supposed to be the leaders on this team, and while they've put up numbers, they have been TERRIBLE on defense and with a **** load of countless unforced turnovers. They are EVERY BIT a part of the problem for this team, regardless of their really efficient offensive play overall. And I don't think their (well we have injuries) statements in every press conference is helping. We are a team of babies that desperately needs an adult

Vogel needs to realize playing point Book or point Goodwin is not the answer.

Give Saben Lee some minutes or cut him and sign another PG asap. Also we need bigger bodies and another reserve center, we made a huge mistake letting Bismak and TC walk for nothing.

Maybe Dwight has some juice left in him and would be good for at least 10-15 minutes at least, better than having useless Bol Bol sitting on our roster.

It would help to have multiple sets where motion and screens get somebody open so the passing is easier and the shot creation is easier. We put the maximum amount of workload on KD and Book to get shots
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#247 » by sunsbum » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:45 am

garrick wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Are we in agreement to fire Vogel? I don’t care how soon it is and what injuries we’ve had. He has to go before it’s too late. I figured hiring him was a huge mistake. Wonder what Ishbia is thinking..

Ishbia is super arrogant thinking he could put together a team by throwing money around and pushing trades he thought would benefit the team.

It's like a just a chain of bad decisions like the KD trade, Vogel hiring, Ayton and Beal trade which made for a hugely imbalanced roster.

Ishbia could give Vivek Ranadive a run for his money as a worst first time basketball owner.
id do the Ayton trade 1000x over. Honestly I think if we didn’t make the KD trade, kept Payne and signed who we signed we’d be much better. Oh well.not worried about it. I’m interested in figuring out how this team can move forward.
I hate this team.
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#248 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:59 am

sunsbum wrote:
garrick wrote:

Ishbia is super arrogant thinking he could put together a team by throwing money around and pushing trades he thought would benefit the team.

It's like a just a chain of bad decisions like the KD trade, Vogel hiring, Ayton and Beal trade which made for a hugely imbalanced roster.

Ishbia could give Vivek Ranadive a run for his money as a worst first time basketball owner.
id do the Ayton trade 1000x over. Honestly I think if we didn’t make the KD trade, kept Payne and signed who we signed we’d be much better. Oh well.not worried about it. I’m interested in figuring out how this team can move forward.

It's depressing that the Ayton trade worked out better than we could have hoped but our team is so mismanaged and undisciplined with absolutely no accountability that we are the laughingstock of the league (outside of Detroit).
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#249 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:37 am

KD sitting in the postgame railing on Quentin Grimes getting 3s when he is incapable of dribbling, and then finishes it off saying "but we'll figure it out". Grimes got those 3s when being guarded by Allen and Book iirc. One Allen misplayed a rebound and abandoned his man leading to a 3, and then did something stupid on offense and also lost him again maybe 10 seconds later. Again Allen has **** SUCKED on defense this year and I'm thoroughly confused why Vogel has him guarding the best opposing player.

Also, I'm really **** tired of the complete lack of urgency and pride on this team. "We'll figure it out". Okay KD. Why do we need to figure out how to execute a basic scouting report on a non-dribbling shooter? Why do we allow Brunson to get 90% of his shots WIDE OPEN so that he breaks NBA records for efficiency?

If we will figure it out, then why has there been absolutely 0 improvement on this front ALL GOD DAMNED YEAR. This team should be **** ashamed of itself
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#250 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:53 am

WHAT THE **** IT WAS THAT 4TH QUARTER?

Oh my god...
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#251 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:00 am

Saberestar wrote:WHAT THE **** IT WAS THAT 4TH QUARTER?

Oh my god...

We really miss CP3 not because of his playmaking and decisionmaking, but because he was a demanding SOB to play with and he would not be tolerating the complete clown show that is this team of prima donnas.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,635

Post#252 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:04 am

AtheJ415, RaisingAZ, and I are starting a knitting company instead of watching Suns games. If anyone is interested we look forward to answering your questions via email. Thank you and have a lovely weekend.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#253 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:05 am

This game was frustrating to watch, the fourth quarter was the worst one of the season and that's already saying something.

Book forced too many plays, he can't play PG that way. He has played much better than that on other games but this one was a bad example of his potential as a "PG".

With Beal out we need to get better as a team. That's a must to win games, there's no easy rival in the NBA nowadays (OK, the Pistons) so every game is a dogfight.

We need to win on Sunday. The team chemistry and confidence is going down badly, it's a MUST win game.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#254 » by sunsbg » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:16 am

No Monty and DA left to blame for those 4Q collapses. It's on Vogel and Point-Book to figure it out. Funny it didn't work out for anybody. Still a two year window probably, but Suns look just as mediocre as the Nets so far while Monty and Ayton are in terrible situations.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#255 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:47 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:AtheJ415, RaisingAZ, and I are starting a knitting company instead of watching Suns games. If anyone is interested we look forward to answering your questions via email. Thank you and have a lovely weekend.

Knits R Us
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,230

Post#256 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:55 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:AtheJ415, RaisingAZ, and I are starting a knitting company instead of watching Suns games. If anyone is interested we look forward to answering your questions via email. Thank you and have a lovely weekend.

Damnnnnn , I fall a sleep at the end of the third ( Eastern time) looks like a disaster 4th , sorry man , not trying to put salt on the wound or anything

Knicks just gets stupidly hot sometimes not only against you , against any other teams too
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,635

Post#257 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:07 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Damnnnnn , I fall a sleep at the end of the third ( Eastern time) looks like a disaster 4th , sorry man , not trying to put salt on the wound or anything

Knicks just gets stupidly hot sometimes not only against you , against any other teams too

All good, the wound has already spread exponentially watching the Suns during the 4th Q this season. The days were we steamrolled the Knicks are sadly over. Now other teams are steamrolling us, and by the time we realize what is happening, it’s already too late.

Brunson had a crazy game 13/17 shooting & hit all 9 3’s joining elite company ( Ben Gordon, Sprewell) as only three to hit all 9 threes without a miss.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/most-3-pointers-without-miss-in-a-game
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#258 » by enigmatics » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:12 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Anyone in the league is "injury prone" if landing on someone's ankle is the qualifier.

Talking about his career as of late smart ass.

Thats it? That's all you got for me? You're prolly one of these fans who left the arena tonight instead of waiting for Marion's coronation.
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#259 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:14 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Brunson had maybe 2 contested shots in his absurd game. Grayson Allen is a hideous defender on this season and we seemed to have no real gameplan against him. We also doubled Julius Randle for no reason and left guys open who actually can shoot, and then got no shots for KD while Book panic chucked at the end.

We suck as a team. We have beaten 1 top 10 team from either conference on the season. Just the reality of it. Frank Vogel and to an extent I think James Jones is working his way up there, but they are the worst thing to happen to this franchise in a really long time.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#260 » by Puff » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:17 am

Maybe someday we will realize that we did not have to blow up the whole roster this past off season. The CP3 move was the worst move along with the choice for head coach.

We should have kept CP3 and passed on the bargain we thought we were getting in BBB. That appeared like great value but could go down as a trade almost as bad as the one for KD. To repeat Matt has really done harm to a once proud franchise that is going to take years to repair with both of those trades.

I liked Monty but as suggested by many CP3 was really running the show. He has said he wants to get into coaching after his playing days are done. Well next year I think his playing days could be over. He is a horse ass, just what this team needs.

Quite frankly this team needs a shock and soon. As I have suggested many times we really have not played many of the really good teams at this point, it is going to get worse.

As my signature suggests, bring in Isaiah for the remainder of the year. Yeah, he cannot possibly be any worse than Vogel. Hire Chris Paul in the off season.

Better yet. There were two unemployed Suns at the Matrix show.

Give Steve Nash the job with Mike D'Antoni as his side kick. I think the fan base would go nuts over that change in a good way.

Oh, and fire James Jones and replace him with anyone. Quite frankly I do not know who would want his job. Our roster and future is a mess.

When the full houses stop being full houses that will be sooner than later, maybe Matt will wake the F up.

Unfortunately, the damage has already been done.

Just think virtually all of our lousy bench players have a 2nd year guaranteed with a player option. They will be returning to continue the Sheet show.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:

Return to Phoenix Suns