Total votes: 15

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,241

Re: Game 25: New York Knicks (13-10) @ Phoenix Suns (13-11) | Friday | 8:00PM 

Post#261 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:17 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:AtheJ415, RaisingAZ, and I are starting a knitting company instead of watching Suns games. If anyone is interested we look forward to answering your questions via email. Thank you and have a lovely weekend.

Damnnnnn , I fall a sleep at the end of the third ( Eastern time) looks like a disaster 4th , sorry man , not trying to put salt on the wound or anything

Knicks just gets stupidly hot sometimes not only against you , against any other teams too

All good, the wound has already spread exponentially watching the Suns in the 4th Q this season. The days were we steamrolled the Knicks are sadly over. Now other teams are steamrolling us, and by the time we realize what is happening, it’s already too late.

Brunson had a crazy game 13/17 shooting & hit all 9 3’s joining elite company ( Ben Gordon, Sprewell) as only three to hit all 9 threes without a miss.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/most-3-pointers-without-miss-in-a-game

Yeah just saw the recap of the fourth on YouTube , from short recap is hard to asses what really went wrong , probably Brunson just got hot and that was it

In first half Knicks was hustling more though creating more 2nd chance points , that’s on the players not trying hard enough , maybe even on the coach a little too

It’s almost like the Suns mindset was , let’s keep it even we gonna figure out later
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#262 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:20 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Damnnnnn , I fall a sleep at the end of the third ( Eastern time) looks like a disaster 4th , sorry man , not trying to put salt on the wound or anything

Knicks just gets stupidly hot sometimes not only against you , against any other teams too

All good, the wound has already spread exponentially watching the Suns in the 4th Q this season. The days were we steamrolled the Knicks are sadly over. Now other teams are steamrolling us, and by the time we realize what is happening, it’s already too late.

Brunson had a crazy game 13/17 shooting & hit all 9 3’s joining elite company ( Ben Gordon, Sprewell) as only three to hit all 9 threes without a miss.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/most-3-pointers-without-miss-in-a-game

Yeah just saw the recap of the fourth on YouTube , from short recap is hard to asses what really went wrong , probably Brunson just got hot and that was it

In first half though Knicks was hustling more though creating more 2nd chance points though , that’s on the players not trying hard enough , maybe even on the coach a little too

It’s almost like the Suns mindset was , let’s keep it even we gonna figure out later

We are a team that has no accountability. Vogel holds nobody accountable. Not ever. We just bitch about refs and cry about injuries. This is the hardest to watch Suns team in my lifetime. They are incredibly unlikeable and hard to root for because they act like spoiled children and are BEYOND lazy. It would take a very mediocre amount of effort for this team to be the 4 or 5 seed right now but it's just beneath this team to try hard apparently
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#263 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:36 am

enigmatics wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Talking about his career as of late smart ass.

Thats it? That's all you got for me? You're prolly one of these fans who left the arena tonight instead of waiting for Marion's coronation.

I live in San Diego, I teleported home.
sunstrooper
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#264 » by sunstrooper » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:47 am

Relax, everyone. It is just 25 games. It won't be 300-400 games and this team will start dominating....tell them, Grumpy!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#265 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:52 am

sunstrooper wrote:Relax, everyone. It is just 25 games. It won't be 300-400 games and this team will start dominating....tell them, Grumpy!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#266 » by sunsbum » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:00 am

Imagine being a "fan" of a team and only showing up when **** is ****. lots of ya.
I hate this team.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#267 » by enigmatics » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:31 am

sunsbg wrote:No Monty and DA left to blame for those 4Q collapses. It's on Vogel and Point-Book to figure it out. Funny it didn't work out for anybody. Still a two year window probably, but Suns look just as mediocre as the Nets so far while Monty and Ayton are in terrible situations.

Keep telling yourself that your fellatio bro DA would change any of this. He has DominAyted his team to 6 wins moron.

..... and Monty has what 2 wins this year? I'm as peeved about this as the next guy but some of you say some really stupid sh-.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#268 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:59 am

Big 3: 0-2
Book/KD: 7-3
Book/Beal: 1-0
Beal/KD: 1-2
KD: 2-4
Book: 2-1
Beal: 0-0

Total: 13-12
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#269 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:01 am

This team needs some toughness in a desperate way. Not just leadership. I'm trying to think of any acquisition that could actually fix this **** show. We need a Bobby Portis type
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#270 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:03 am

It's a real shame we didn't get Aaron Gordon years ago when he was repeatedly rumored. He'd help a lot right now
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#271 » by sunsbum » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:18 am

AtheJ415 wrote:It's a real shame we didn't get Aaron Gordon years ago when he was repeatedly rumored. He'd help a lot right now

CAUSE AARON GORDON IS THE VOICE OF TOUGHNESS, AM I RIGHT BOYS!?
I hate this team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,740

Post#272 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:22 am

I don't know who needs to take a step back between Vogel and Young but one of them has to because **** just isn't working. There's plenty of talent, guys with the right mindset and a common goal but the way we've been playing just isn't working the way we planned/anticipated/expected. But we can't just keep doing the same thing, can't keep using up full 24s possessions and end up with no shot or a bad shot, can't keep letting scorers into the paint for easy lay ups, can't keep running such a slow paced offense, can't keep being so damn casual with simple passes leading to turnovers and we can't keep allowing opposing players to grab offensive rebounds after offensive rebounds.

We're like a warship with all the best weapons you can have but this ship has so many holes and a seemingly faulty rudder that we're slowly sinking and we don't seem to have any idea where we're going. It's still 24 games into the season but right now teams know in order to beat us, they have to play the passing lanes, they have to gang rebound and they just have to be within striking distance to pull off a 4th quarter heist. Teams knows this is who we are right now and unless we make some different coaching decisions, this team isn't going very far even if we make the playoffs.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#273 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:35 am

sunsbum wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:It's a real shame we didn't get Aaron Gordon years ago when he was repeatedly rumored. He'd help a lot right now

CAUSE AARON GORDON IS THE VOICE OF TOUGHNESS, AM I RIGHT BOYS!?

He is the voice of rebounding and defense, and has never been accused of not playing hard. 3 things none of our wanna be tough guys are capable of doing.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#274 » by sunsbg » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:38 am

enigmatics wrote:
sunsbg wrote:No Monty and DA left to blame for those 4Q collapses. It's on Vogel and Point-Book to figure it out. Funny it didn't work out for anybody. Still a two year window probably, but Suns look just as mediocre as the Nets so far while Monty and Ayton are in terrible situations.

Keep telling yourself that your fellatio bro DA would change any of this. He has DominAyted his team to 6 wins moron.

..... and Monty has what 2 wins this year? I'm as peeved about this as the next guy but some of you say some really stupid sh-.

Lol calm down clown. I didn't say they will change anything. Never been a Monty defender. Ayton I have defended against stupid haters like you. Are you still following him on the Blazers ? I'm not. Anyway, point stands it's only Book left from the teams that collapsed in 4Qs or whole deciding playoff games. It's on him as PG running the show now and obviously the coach to figure it out and prevent it in the future.
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#275 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:43 am

Calvin Klein wrote:So....are you all STILL buying the BS Ishbia did??

I don't think anybody destroyed a team as fast and as bad as this dude. Record time.

I was never a fan of the KD trade. It was way too much to give up, but I do believe CP3 and Book and him is a winning team. I have always believe Mikal would become the player he currently is and he was showing to be that guy during the few weeks before the trade. If you are doing that you HAVE to win now, meaning deep runs to the finals. I get the Beal trade. Health issue sucks but we didn't give up much for him. I just don't understand how we can't find 5 guys to play hard or how we ended up with a full team of guys who are here to play for a title and can't be bothered to consistently play hard or grab a rebound.

I get blowing up Monty and CP3, but I would not have hired Vogel and I still would have waited to see Ayton under a new coach even though that trade seems to have worked out.

Ishbia shouldn't be meddling in things but to me James Jones is the bigger problem. He has tried to be extraordinarily cute in the draft and it has KILLED us. He gets way too much credit for Cam when we didn't even get value for Cam. He'd go in the same spot in a redraft. He gets credit for taking a guy nobody else would have and it working out but it's not like we got a star player there. The CP3 trade was a no brainer given who we gave up. It wasn't a big risk.

With Jalen Smith who everybody said was a 5 at the NBA level, we passed on a ton of really good NBA players (not just Haiburton who was the consensus pick there, but a bunch more) and premium positions for a dude who at best is at the least valuable position in the sport and who also may be out of the league soon. That is BRUTAL. And we absolutely needed a PG or combo guard. Vassell would've been justifiable to an extent as well but taking Smith was just so bad.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,095

Post#276 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:15 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:AtheJ415, RaisingAZ, and I are starting a knitting company instead of watching Suns games. If anyone is interested we look forward to answering your questions via email. Thank you and have a lovely weekend.

I have the right trade to make everything right. I'd just have to switch teams which would be ideal as it's closer to my time zone. Perfect.

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#277 » by garrick » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:36 pm

I don't think I've ever seen John as depressed after a Suns game as after this one. After so much optimism in the beginning of the season a lot of fans are just getting fed up with all the injuries and poor effort.

Suns Geek and PHNX also pretty down on the Suns as well.

How long until we reach the level of apathy of the post Nash years?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,290

Post#278 » by Frank Lee » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:44 pm

Damn… yall singing my music. We are back on the pain train with this squad. And its not going to fix itself, due to the roster gutting genius of meddling Isiah, junkyardJones and of course Wishbia. We have absolutely no pathway to improve. Very likely it gets far worse before better…. Question is, how long that will take. The Dark side is getting powerful.

This weakminded squad will be turning on itself soon as its clear Vogel acquiesces to his stars. Its not his team. There is no leadership… anywhere.

Plus its just a plastic electrofied sterile arena. Yay
Fat fn dancers, constant noise, and a tshirt cannon

Give me back the Desert city 6
What ? Me Worry ?
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,095

Post#279 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:06 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Damn… yall singing my music. We are back on the pain train with this squad. And its not going to fix itself, due to the roster gutting genius of meddling Isiah, junkyardJones and of course Wishbia. We have absolutely no pathway to improve. Very likely it gets far worse before better…. Question is, how long that will take. The Dark side is getting powerful.

This weakminded squad will be turning on itself soon as its clear Vogel acquiesces to his stars. Its not his team. There is no leadership… anywhere.

Plus its just a plastic electrofied sterile arena. Yay
Fat fn dancers, constant noise, and a tshirt cannon

Give me back the Desert city 6

This is so good. I'd make it a signature.

Also nice to see somebody else talking about the depressing crowd/arena experience.

Also a little disappointed in Booker in that he bought into this team building BS idea of fake superteam. Maybe if he didn't fall for KD, this could have been avoided. Although probably not... :banghead:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#280 » by sunsbg » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:12 pm

I'll still give this team a chance. Just a reminder KD and Book won two games against the champs with worse roster and probably a worse coach. Too early to write them off though start of the season is obviously disappointing for everybody.

Return to Phoenix Suns