ImageImageImage

Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#161 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:35 pm

sunsbg wrote:Also safe to say Booker/Allen/EG shooting 3-14 for 3 is an almost guaranteed loss. Nurkic shooting 3s in general is also bad offense, though some probably consider it a big plus like bringing the ball up the court.

We connected on 5 out of 14 3’s around the 10 min mark of 3rd quarter, but then proceeded to miss
NINE 3’s in last 22 min of the game. This team is something else it’s beginning to be difficult rooting for such an unlikable bunch.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Re: Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#162 » by sunsbg » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:55 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Also safe to say Booker/Allen/EG shooting 3-14 for 3 is an almost guaranteed loss. Nurkic shooting 3s in general is also bad offense, though some probably consider it a big plus like bringing the ball up the court.

We connected on 5 out of 14 3’s around the 10 min mark of 3rd quarter, but then proceeded to miss
NINE 3’s in last 22 min of the game. This team is something else it’s beginning to be difficult rooting for such an unlikable bunch.

We are screwed, even the good luck charms didn't help. :lol:
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#163 » by enigmatics » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:55 pm

There are no issues with him bringing the ball up court on occasion. It's for taking pressure off Booker, especially since this Point Book stuff is complete heresy and Beal isn't playing as they'd normally be sharing that responsibility.

What needs to stop is Nurk's 3pt shot from dead or slight off center from the 3pt line. If he's going to attempt it, it needs to be closer to the left corner where he's shooting 34.8% (league average is 35%). The irony is last year he shot 42% from the center area (league was 34.4%)

1 or 2 wide open shots game isn't going to hurt the team. It's the fact that all the supposed 3pt shooting "aces in the hole" collectively suck ass compared to what was advertised - especially in 2nd halves of games. Remember this team was constructed to make teams pay from the outside for daring to double any of the Big 3. Yuta/KBD can't even get off the bench. Damion Lee and Bradley Bee are hurt. Grayson Allen goes long stretches of time without even attempting shots. Surprisingly Gordon is shooting 39% there, but man it feels so much worse.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#164 » by Frank Lee » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:16 pm

Kings up next??? Thats another slap around coming…. Then we’ll sulk back home and get Luka sliding in to put coal in our stockings while shoving a ‘Luka Special’ present right down our chimney. Its what he does.

Even money Wishbea is a No Show in that synthetic side show on xmas day. He should avoid public appearances for its only a short time before the masses attribute this ****show to him.
What ? Me Worry ?
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#165 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:41 pm

This is the first season that I can remember that I look forward to the days the Suns DONT have a game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,943

Post#166 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:31 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:A big factor to lose this game was Book forcing and missing shots AGAIN.

Seriously, he helped the Blazers to gain confidence at the start of the 3th quarter with a couple of terrible plays...one it was a shot clock violation.

He was good in Q1 in PG role, but he's just not a true PG and he shouldn't be counted as such with his main value putting the ball in the basket. Idea was that he'll share PG duties with Beal and we never saw how this works for obvious reasons. The really dumb thing was getting rid of Payne, which was also a sign Ishbia is not as commited on spending as the initial impression he left. Book and KD indeed also forced and missed shots. As for the play you mention it really showed the lack of cohesion and low IQ on the offensive end. Booker ISOs, waves off Eubanks attempt at setting a screen, Drew decides to set an off ball screen to KD, who waves it off. Suns offense is contested shots on ISO plays, Nurkic passing to cutting players, which also didn't work. Offense too predictable to be effective. Compare with this play from Kings game(passing, cutting, screening, etc):

https://youtu.be/shgzL4XLn0Y?t=140

We played a really good first half. KD already with 21 points and I think Book wanted his points and started shooting some wild shots in the 2nd quarter but starting the 3rd he did that even more...and then everyone stated rushing shots and going ISO (KD included).

IF Book were happy with his role as a (scoring) PG I think we would be better but he tries to score a lot when sometimes we need other things out of him.

I love Booker but I think he played some selfish ball against the Knicks and yesterday and I really think that it costs us those games.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#167 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:33 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:This is the first season that I can remember that I look forward to the days the Suns DONT have a game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first season that I can remember that I look forward to watching Bachelorette over Suns games. :cry:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#168 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:38 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:A big factor to lose this game was Book forcing and missing shots AGAIN.

Seriously, he helped the Blazers to gain confidence at the start of the 3th quarter with a couple of terrible plays...one it was a shot clock violation.

He was good in Q1 in PG role, but he's just not a true PG and he shouldn't be counted as such with his main value putting the ball in the basket. Idea was that he'll share PG duties with Beal and we never saw how this works for obvious reasons. The really dumb thing was getting rid of Payne, which was also a sign Ishbia is not as commited on spending as the initial impression he left. Book and KD indeed also forced and missed shots. As for the play you mention it really showed the lack of cohesion and low IQ on the offensive end. Booker ISOs, waves off Eubanks attempt at setting a screen, Drew decides to set an off ball screen to KD, who waves it off. Suns offense is contested shots on ISO plays, Nurkic passing to cutting players, which also didn't work. Offense too predictable to be effective. Compare with this play from Kings game(passing, cutting, screening, etc):

https://youtu.be/shgzL4XLn0Y?t=140

We played a really good first half. KD already with 21 points and I think Book wanted his points and started shooting some wild shots in the 2nd quarter but starting the 3rd he did that even more...and then everyone stated rushing shots and going ISO (KD included).

IF Book were happy with his role as a (scoring) PG I think we would be better but he tries to score a lot when sometimes we need other things out of him.

I love Booker but I think he played some selfish ball against the Knicks and yesterday and I really think that it costs us those games.

Well his idol Kobi was a ball hog and selfish too as Booker is wired the same way. Whoever decided Devin should be a pg needs to be fired on the spot. He’s a scorer and should not need to play in a pg role to appease the masses.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#169 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:43 pm

When the morning gathers the rainbow
Want you to know i'm a rainbow too
So, to the rescue here i am
Want you to know just if you can
Where i stand, know, know, know, know, know
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#170 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:52 pm

Everything about this squad and franchise disgusts me right now. There's genuinely nothing to look forward to for the foreseeable future. No options, no reasons to think things will get better. There's zero reason to watch or care. I'm giving them one more game and if it looks like this trash again I am probably done for the season. This team doesn't give a **** so why should I?
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,659

Post#171 » by schnakenpopanz » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:40 pm

The Suns are 3-7 in their last 10 games.
There are only these teams worse than this trend:
Spurs
Hornets
Wizards
Pistons

This is the level where the suns are right now. They had the easiest schedule in the league.
There are no excuses.
One team is the odd team out of the play off race in the west.
It looks like it will be the suns.
what a disgrace.
free steve nash!
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#172 » by Puff » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:21 pm

sunsbum wrote:
Puff wrote:
sunsbum wrote:Thank you for your evaluation. Can you give us the draft picks of the last 22 years you would have selected. We are all very interested in you opinion.

Where in hell did that comment come from?

I guess you enjoy watching this team.

I certainly would not have drafted Ayton. It would have been Doncic.

Which 10 guys are you happy with that are on our current roster?

Who should be the Point guard?

Dont gas light me, im asking you for the last 22 years.

Foff - what planet do you live on

My favorite pick was Dick Van Arsdale. I listened to him play for Indiana on radio in the days when you did not have the NBA every night on TV. He was my favorite player on the Husseling Hoosiers. That is when I was in the US Navy. Do you remember that pick? I have been following them since their inception and watched or listened to them blow that 3 to one lead against the Lakers in 1970. My actual favorite team has been anyone playing the Lakers for all those years.

In that year I went to games in San Diego, where I was stationed, at the San Diego Sports Arena to watch Pat Riley and Stu Lantz play for the San Diego Rockets. That is when you could go to an NBA game without mortgaging your house.

I have been following the NBA before you were born. I do not know if I have ever seen a team be as bad as this team is in the 4th quarter while being considered by many to be a championship contender.

The Suns were averaging 24.8 points in the 4th quarter but had only 23 last night.

Something is definitely wrong, what is it. I think it is the roster as much as Vogel. That was the point of my post. What coach could really have much success with this roster?
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#173 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:27 pm

Puff wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Puff wrote:
Where in hell did that comment come from?

I guess you enjoy watching this team.

I certainly would not have drafted Ayton. It would have been Doncic.

Which 10 guys are you happy with that are on our current roster?

Who should be the Point guard?

Dont gas light me, im asking you for the last 22 years.

My favorite pick was Dick Van Arsdale. I listened to him play for Indiana on radio in the days when you did not have the NBA every night on TV. He was my favorite player on the Husseling Hoosiers. That is when I was in the US Navy. Do you remember that pick? I have been following them since their inception and watched or listened to them blow that 3 to one lead against the Lakers in 1970. My actual favorite team has been anyone playing the Lakers for all those years.

In that year I went to games in San Diego, where I was stationed, at the San Diego Sports Arena to watch Pat Riley and Stu Lantz play for the San Diego Rockets. That is when you could go to an NBA game without mortgaging your house.

I have been following the NBA before you were born. I do not know if I have ever seen a team be as bad as this team is in the 4th quarter while being considered by many to be a championship contender.

The Suns were averaging 24.8 points in the 4th quarter but had only 23 last night.

Something is definitely wrong, what is it. I think it is the roster as much as Vogel. That was the point of my post. What coach could really have much success with this roster?

Probably the only coach who comes to mind is Spolstra. He can make average rosters look like serious contenders. Besides him, maybe Popovich but maybe not.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Post#174 » by Son of Ra » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:19 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Puff wrote:
sunsbum wrote:Dont gas light me, im asking you for the last 22 years.

Probably the only coach who comes to mind is Spolstra. He can make average rosters look like serious contenders. Besides him, maybe Popovich but maybe not.

"...Doc Riversss...", Isiah Thomas faintly whispers into Ishbia's ears
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#175 » by Puff » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:19 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Puff wrote:
sunsbum wrote:Dont gas light me, im asking you for the last 22 years.

I think your choice of Spoelstra is right on but I expect he would struggle as well.

Making Book the PG just gives him more opportunities to shoot bad shots. When he keeps the ball moving, he is just fine. However, when the ball movement stops, we always are in big trouble. The 2 man game with Book and KD can be good but unfortunately, they both are getting double teamed and they rarely pass to an open man and end up taking bad shots. KD as good as he is turns the ball over a lot. The problem is who to pass the ball to. I guess when Beal is healthy no one will ever get a shot except for the big three and Nurkic. We need someone capable of keeping everyone involved. The best choice on the current roster is Book.

I also think the Okogie injury is hurting us more than we think. He always brings energy and defense. That is missing since he was injured. If he could only be a mediocre shooter.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,621

Post#176 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:05 pm

Almost came back again, like against Detroit...but too little too late. I can now say this team, even though not fully healthy is not living up to expectations. I was pretty worried about our record especially given the teams we have played, beaten, lost to, etc, but had rarely had most people healthy. But if Booker AND KD are there and we are not missing another key role player like Allen, it seems like we could afford to not have Beal and beat bad teams.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#177 » by Frank Lee » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:56 pm

Damn Puff
You may be the ‘Senior Advisor’ here
I have been supporting this team for 50 yrs… they keep this up, i’ll be damned if i give them another 50. :-?

Sad thing is, the Wishbea effect will linger for 3-4 more yrs, minimum. Thanks matty :evil:

Yawn
What ? Me Worry ?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#178 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:58 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Damn Puff
I have been supporting this team for 50 yrs… they keep this up, i’ll be damned if i give them another 50. :-?

Sad thing is, the Wishbea effect will linger for 3-4 more yrs, minimum. Thanks matty :evil:

Yawn

Are you immortal :o
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,091

Post#179 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:40 pm

Yawn

He killed this team so fast. Its criminal.
NE1Care
Junior
And1: 278

Post#180 » by NE1Care » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:26 am

Calvin Klein wrote:

Yawn

He killed this team so fast. Its criminal.

"The goal in life is not getting what you want but wanting it after you get it."
"The devil you know is better than the devil you don't"
"“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,” —Theodore Roosevelt

Return to Phoenix Suns