ImageImageImage

Game 29: Dallas Mavericks (17-12) @ Phoenix Suns (14-14) | Monday | 8:30 PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,320

Re: Game 29: Dallas Mavericks (17-12) @ Phoenix Suns (14-14) | Monday | 8:30 PM 

Post#241 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:28 pm

Revived wrote:Azubuike needs to be the primary backup C when Nurkic returns. Bol Bol and Eubanks both suck.

Man Eubanks is awkward.

Watching him run from deep in the paint out to top of the 3pt line to set screens reminds me of Jim Carrey running shuttles in the movie "Cable Guy".

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#242 » by Saberestar » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:00 pm

Revived wrote:Azubuike needs to be the primary backup C when Nurkic returns. Bol Bol and Eubanks both suck.

I am starting to even hate Eubanks lol.

I compared him to Lou Admunson but sadly he probably is even worse than him as an overall player, at least Amundson was a very good rebounder on offense.

I would prefer to play Metu as a backup C, he is small but at least he can shoot and is a solid rebounder...but I am OK with Azubuike too.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Post#243 » by Son of Ra » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:01 pm

enigmatics wrote:
sunsbg wrote:I still expect with Beal and Nurk back, some injury luck, opportunity to build chemistry, this team to look good. Probably not contender level good though.

Ya, this isn't the final iteration of the team this year - which some guys still don't understand. Albeit I get the frustration because clearly I am too. But in Year 1 of THIS version of the Suns there's little chance of becoming what was presented to us and also pushed by the media. At best you're talking a play-in up to the 6th seed (only 3 games separate that right now and the West is rough).

Man something really snapped when Beal went down again. I know it wasn't perfect by any means before that, but it's like the team went into the tank.

This version of the Suns only has 2 years tho. That's the issue.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,320

Post#244 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:05 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
sunsbg wrote:I still expect with Beal and Nurk back, some injury luck, opportunity to build chemistry, this team to look good. Probably not contender level good though.

Ya, this isn't the final iteration of the team this year - which some guys still don't understand. Albeit I get the frustration because clearly I am too. But in Year 1 of THIS version of the Suns there's little chance of becoming what was presented to us and also pushed by the media. At best you're talking a play-in up to the 6th seed (only 3 games separate that right now and the West is rough).

Man something really snapped when Beal went down again. I know it wasn't perfect by any means before that, but it's like the team went into the tank.

This Version of the Suns only has 2 years tho. That's the issue.

3 years max because KD is an FA in 2026 with this year being Year 1.

I don't care what anyone says - if the Suns finally won one chip in those three years it would be BEYOND worth it.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Post#245 » by sunsbg » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:19 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I don't care what anyone says - if the Suns finally won one chip in those three years it would be BEYOND worth it.

If Durant is checked out after 25 games and Booker is exiting thru visitors tunnel the problem could be a lot bigger than on court chemistry. That's the main concern. If there is a rift with the rest of the team, who knows if they ever reach the point of looking like a real team. We can only hope Beal is back soon and winning games cures everything.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,275

Post#246 » by Slim Charless » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:32 pm

sunsbg wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:This Version of the Suns only has 2 years tho. That's the issue.

If Durant is checked out after 25 games and Booker is exiting thru visitors tunnel the problem could be a lot bigger than on court chemistry. That's the main concern. If there is a rift with the rest of the team, who knows if they ever reach the point of looking like a real team. We can only hope Beal is back soon and winning games cures everything.

Booker left through the visitors tunnel? That's not good. At all.

Still, Beal coming back fixes so much wrong with this team. I said that in September and still believe he's the one that stands eat the most and by extension become the X factor on this team.

If not, then OKC’s smorgasbord of assests awaits in the offseason once/if KD decides he wants to return to his 1st team to help them win a title.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Post#247 » by Son of Ra » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:47 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I don't see a 37 year old Durant still being 1 of the 2/3 X factors you need on a team but who knows, I hope he can be, physically as well as mentally.

And of course it'd have been worth it if we do win a chip, no one can disagree with that, I just think that the gamble was on razor thin odds.
So if we don't win it all it'll be extremely hard arguing it was worth taking this shot.
We basically went all in with a 7,8 and King, Ace, Queen out on the flop while still having more chips than half of the table. A bold move but not a good one by any means and obvious at that.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,412

Post#248 » by Puff » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:05 pm

Saberestar wrote:

I am starting to even hate Eubanks lol.

I compared him to Lou Admunson but sadly he probably is even worse than him as an overall player, at least Amundson was a very good rebounder on offense.

I would prefer to play Metu as a backup C, he is small but at least he can shoot and is a solid rebounder...but I am OK with Azubuike too.

I understand the hate on Eubanks. However, even he was playing pretty good at the beginning of the year. I had hopes that he would be a very good back up to Nurk.

During that 7 game winning streak, without Beal, we seemed to be coming together. Then more injuries with Booker and KD dominating the scoring. Numb Nuts has played everyone except for the only PG on the team, Saben Lee. Oh yeah, he played him a little bit last week.

It seems like all the other great acquisitions we picked up this off season have been given a chance to show us what they have. The only keeper at this point has been Grayson Allen.

We can't fire all these guys because there does not appear to be anything better available in free agency and we have little to offer in trades with the exception of Grayson Allen. With what James Jones and Matty have done to this team any trade involving Grayson will make us even worse.

There appears to be absolutely no team harmony. It really needs a new voice. Matty needs to fire Vogel along with the entire coaching staff he brought in, sooner than later. We need to try a new voice in the locker room. That is the only real option to fix this team.

Hell, I would even prefer Isaiah over Vogel. I know that will make most of you puke but Vogel sucks gas.

Who else is available that you would suggest we replace Vogel with? We desperately need a new voice in the locker room.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,253

Post#249 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:10 pm

Big 3: 0-2
Book/KD: 8-6
Book/Beal: 1-0
Beal/KD: 1-2
KD: 2-4
Book: 2-1
Beal: 0-0

Total: 14-15
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,664

Post#250 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:25 pm

Durant is doing the same exact thing that he did on his way out of Brooklyn. It just took less time.

You guys don't deserve this. He is a pure cancer. I hope your front office wises up quickly and trades him for as many picks and prospects that they can get.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#251 » by Revived » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Durant is doing the same exact thing that he did on his way out of Brooklyn. It just took less time.

You guys don't deserve this. He is a pure cancer. I hope your front office wises up quickly and trades him for as many picks and prospects that they can get.

Too bad other owners are fcking stupid like ours. Nobody’s gonna give up even half of what we did.

Y’all got fcked hard in the Paul Piece/KG trade but then universe made it right for you and allowed you to rob a team blind 10 years later.

Suns can look forward to their opportunity to rob a team in 2033 hopefully.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,861

Post#252 » by SkyBill40 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Durant is doing the same exact thing that he did on his way out of Brooklyn. It just took less time.

For all that got put into it, I don't see it happening. We're stuck with him until he retires.

I get being frustrated and all, but keep that stuff in house and out of the media. Handle your business on the court and during practice.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,657

Post#253 » by schnakenpopanz » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:22 pm

dark times aheadImage
free steve nash!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#254 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:25 am

sunsbum wrote:I’m ready for 10 game winning streak so the cockroaches that come out at night can scatter for a bit even if it’s beating the spurs…wait, blazers, wait … Wizards!! Ten games in a row. Ugh.

We have the Hornets and Blazers in 2 of our next 4 games, so should get at least a couple of wins. We also have the Magic and Rockets. I think the Rockets will be on a b2b. Both the Magic and Rockets are pretty good and have top 5 defenses.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#255 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:32 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Boujack wrote:Without Doncic and Kyrie Irving it would be a close game, but if Doncic plays there is very little chance of winning.

Suns are not afraid of Luka. Booker will clap those cheeks all night long leading to a Suns victory. Only way Mavs win is if Exum explodes for 25+ points but I don’t see that happening. KD will definitely show up tonight and not throw the ball over 7 times. Maybe 5 max but nowhere near 7.

Spoiler:
27777 can’t post anymore don’t want ruin a magical moment

Who is mabundo_nagumbe :droop:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#256 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:34 am

schnakenpopanz wrote:dark times aheadImage

I’m far from gay, but Luka looks super delicious.

Return to Phoenix Suns