13%
38%

Total votes: 8

Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 677

Re: Game 34: Clippers (20-12) vs Suns (18-15) January 3rd 

Post#61 » by Hitachi77 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:46 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Bit disappointing we didn't come out the gate looking very good and only managed 20pts in that first quarter. Just puts more pressure to play really well the remaining 3 quarters and I think we did that but not quite enough. We outplayed the Clippers the rest of the way but going into the 2nd with a 15pt deficit isn't ideal and tonight, it was just a little too much to overcome.

I do think there's bright spots though. Book had a nice return to form, Bol putting together nice B2B performances, we fought back from 20 down with 9min left to make it a game and overall, I thought we played the healthy Clippers well (minus the 1st quarter). Didn't think we would win without KD but we fought valiantly

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. One thing about this Clippers team is they just aren’t that good defensively. Kawhi has lost several steps, Harden is terrible, and while PG is very good on that end, he’s not exactly a game changer defensively.

No doubt they are absolutely the team no one wants to face in the playoffs, but they also have the most injury prone player by far, even compared to our guys. I obviously don’t want to play them in the first round again, which could easily happen.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,649

Post#62 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:09 pm

Revived wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
Revived wrote:We could’ve traded for Harden instead of walking-injury in Bradley Beal…and it may have cost the Suns even less than what Beal was traded for.

Harden at PG would’ve allowed Booker to play his actual position, SG, as well.

I’m good with Bradley Beal.

Well, it’s too bad the Suns haven’t been that after getting him.

They certainly have been good with him when the big 3 is playing together, which they were anticipating. Paul is in a slow bad decline.

And no, the Sixers would not have traded Harden for Paul and Shamet. In their trade with the Clips, they got 2 1sts (one unprotected in 2028 when Kawhi, George and Harden are 36-38), a swap in 2029 and two seconds.

Now if we could have gotten Porzingis....but that was unlikely too. The Wiz got Tyus Jones and the 35th pick last draft.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,649

Post#63 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:12 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Bit disappointing we didn't come out the gate looking very good and only managed 20pts in that first quarter. Just puts more pressure to play really well the remaining 3 quarters and I think we did that but not quite enough. We outplayed the Clippers the rest of the way but going into the 2nd with a 15pt deficit isn't ideal and tonight, it was just a little too much to overcome.

I do think there's bright spots though. Book had a nice return to form, Bol putting together nice B2B performances, we fought back from 20 down with 9min left to make it a game and overall, I thought we played the healthy Clippers well (minus the 1st quarter). Didn't think we would win without KD but we fought valiantly

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. One thing about this Clippers team is they just aren’t that good defensively. Kawhi has lost several steps, Harden is terrible, and while PG is very good on that end, he’s not exactly a game changer defensively.

No doubt they are absolutely the team no one wants to face in the playoffs, but they also have the most injury prone player by far, even compared to our guys. I obviously don’t want to play them in the first round again, which could easily happen.

Yeah, it was a nice comeback, which I didn't totally expect. It's hard to know with comebacks, whether they opposition takes the foot off the gas, or what. But we got hot shooting, and Book had a nice bounce back after his 4-16 game, despite the 6 turnovers.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#64 » by Fifii » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:32 pm

They have better three ( Harden / PG / Leonard ) than we. George , Leonard can play defense and stop our players Beal / DB / KD but Beal/DB can’t stop one of player from this duo. Even KD stopped Kawhi , they are have other two guys. In the other hand they can easily defend our three. I know that KD would be hunting Harden but this would be too small to win eventually series. I know that still far away but I”m afraid that they are would be better than us. Even Zu is in this same level like Nurkic. They starting five doesn’t have weak points.

Return to Phoenix Suns