Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Re: Game 35: Miami Heat (20-14) @ Phoenix Suns (18-16) | Friday | 7:00PM 

Post#81 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Jan 6, 2024 12:44 pm

Bogyo wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:KBD is so bad. I'm hoping we can somehow package him and a few others into at least one serviceable SF/PF.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

Not sure what happened to him. When I watched him on the Spurs he was a competent player on offense, it's like he's just lost all his powers. I think Vogel's inconsistent minutes are messing up the role guys rhythm on offense since Yuta has declined this season as well. But then again these guys are making it hard for Vogel to keep playing them.....

Not sure what happened to most of our bench... KDB/Yuta downright suck after having good seasons. I actually thought that at least one of them will be better surrounded with better talent than in their previous seasons.
Eubanks was (at one point) considered one of the best bench C's in the league last year. He doesn't suck as hard as the top 2, but he took a step back for sure.
I had little hopes for EG being really good from the bench, or Little benefiting from the stars getting all the attention.
Figured that one of Okogie or Goodwin will might have a better shooting season and cement their role.
Howcome NONE of these hopes materialzed, in fact pretty much the worst case scenario hit in every gddam case for every player???

(and then the big 3 injuries... i mean i was ready for some down time, but if you tell me that halfway through the season we do NOT have solid 4 games with the big 3 together, I would have laughed you off the face of the earth...)

#sunsy

It's been disappointing for sure. Guess we'll have to attribute it down to the fact all these struggling role players were recruited to be 4th/5th options, yet the constant injuries to our big 3 to start the season and the fact we have no PG setting them up means the role players been forced to do way too much with the ball and lost their rhythm and confidence as a result.

Now that might just be purely optimistic conjecture on my part but it is kind of supported by the fact the role guys that play the most with the stars in Nurk and Grayson are the only role players who are playing well. It's those lineups of Booker surrounded by 4 role players that get us and the role guys in trouble. The type of role guys we recruited just don't have the offensive ability to survive those types of lineups. I'd say on offense we haven't put them in a position to succeed, if anything it's on defense they've been more disappointing as we still don't seem to have a legit stopper, and the team defense has been inconsistent at best.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,261

Post#82 » by Bogyo » Sat Jan 6, 2024 2:06 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Not sure what happened to him. When I watched him on the Spurs he was a competent player on offense, it's like he's just lost all his powers. I think Vogel's inconsistent minutes are messing up the role guys rhythm on offense since Yuta has declined this season as well. But then again these guys are making it hard for Vogel to keep playing them.....

Not sure what happened to most of our bench... KDB/Yuta downright suck after having good seasons. I actually thought that at least one of them will be better surrounded with better talent than in their previous seasons.
Eubanks was (at one point) considered one of the best bench C's in the league last year. He doesn't suck as hard as the top 2, but he took a step back for sure.
I had little hopes for EG being really good from the bench, or Little benefiting from the stars getting all the attention.
Figured that one of Okogie or Goodwin will might have a better shooting season and cement their role.
Howcome NONE of these hopes materialzed, in fact pretty much the worst case scenario hit in every gddam case for every player???

(and then the big 3 injuries... i mean i was ready for some down time, but if you tell me that halfway through the season we do NOT have solid 4 games with the big 3 together, I would have laughed you off the face of the earth...)

#sunsy

It's been disappointing for sure. Guess we'll have to attribute it down to the fact all these struggling role players were recruited to be 4th/5th options, yet the constant injuries to our big 3 to start the season and the fact we have no PG setting them up means the role players been forced to do way too much with the ball and lost their rhythm and confidence as a result.

Now that might just be purely optimistic conjecture on my part but it is kind of supported by the fact the role guys that play the most with the stars in Nurk and Grayson are the only role players who are playing well. It's those lineups of Booker surrounded by 4 role players that get us and the role guys in trouble. The type of role guys we recruited just don't have the offensive ability to survive those types of lineups. I'd say on offense we haven't put them in a position to succeed, if anything it's on defense they've been more disappointing as we still don't seem to have a legit stopper, and the team defense has been inconsistent at best.

Fully agreed. But for me its still just mind-boggling how out of 7 players not ONE can live up to expectations, not even mentioning exceeding those expectations. We would be leaps and bounds better if KDB played like last year, or Okogie could hit the broad side of a barn (or Goodwin), or Yuta would shoot the same percentage, etc-etc... just ONE fng' guy out of SEVEN, I'm not asking much :(
And while we did not put them in right position to succeed, any of our shooters would "only" have to hit open shots, but they ain't even doing that up until now - maybe when the big 3 plays they will be even more open, but c'mon...
# waiting for the next chapter
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#83 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jan 6, 2024 2:52 pm

Haliburton turning into an ATG is yet another nail in the coffin.

Jones and Sarver really **** up.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#84 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Jan 6, 2024 3:19 pm

Bogyo wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

#sunsy

Fully agreed. But for me its still just mind-boggling how out of 7 players not ONE can live up to expectations, not even mentioning exceeding those expectations. We would be leaps and bounds better if KDB played like last year, or Okogie could hit the broad side of a barn (or Goodwin), or Yuta would shoot the same percentage, etc-etc... just ONE fng' guy out of SEVEN, I'm not asking much :(
And while we did not put them in right position to succeed, any of our shooters would "only" have to hit open shots, but they ain't even doing that up until now - maybe when the big 3 plays they will be even more open, but c'mon...

On the bright side Gordon is shooting over 40% from 3 on good volume, it's just our platoon of 3&D guys that are the problem right now.

The biggest thing is getting the big 3 healthy for a stretch which will allow everything else, including hopefully the rotation to settle with it. Our 3&D guys all aren't pure shooters but as shown from their numbers last season, they can hit an open 3 from their spots. But to get to their shots in their spots needs some continuity in lineups and minutes

We really need to establish our rotation in the second half of the season, since nobody is winning a title without their role guys stepping up when it counts.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,644

Post#85 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 6, 2024 3:42 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

On the bright side Gordon is shooting over 40% from 3 on good volume, it's just our platoon of 3&D guys that are the problem right now.

The biggest thing is getting the big 3 healthy for a stretch which will allow everything else, including hopefully the rotation to settle with it. Our 3&D guys all aren't pure shooters but as shown from their numbers last season, they can hit an open 3 from their spots. But to get to their shots in their spots needs some continuity in lineups and minutes

We really need to establish our rotation in the second half of the season, since nobody is winning a title without their role guys stepping up when it counts.

For regular season we will be fine beating bunch of good to bad teams, but in playoffs when game slows down so you expect Nurkic & KD to contain top PF’s/C’s? Teams will Twolves, Lakers, Pels & to certain extent Nuggets (with Jokic grabbing boards) will out-rebound us it will be laughable. Plus we lost a ton of gold defenders from recent years. I’d be stoked if Suns can win one playoff series, but it’s very unlikely unless we play Warriors or Rockets.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,934

Post#86 » by Fo-Real » Sat Jan 6, 2024 3:54 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:Bol Bol left arena today in crutches. He’s been refreshing to watch. Sucks that he got hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stepped on defenders foot and turned his ankle on the and 1.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,861

Post#87 » by SkyBill40 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:29 pm

Sucks that Bol got hurt seeing how much of a spark plug he's been off the bench. Hopefully he'll be able to return in a similar capacity once healed. Now that he's out... who steps up?

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,139

Post#88 » by handsome salary » Sat Jan 6, 2024 6:38 pm

Nice to see a win but I'm still not overly enthused about the team at the moment. The season so far is "1 step forward, 2 steps back".

Too many extremely lousy losses so far.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#89 » by Fifii » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:08 pm

What a game from Grayson. Definitely he is the best choice like 5 player in our lineup. In first quarter he keep us in this game.

Beal play good , he had some flashes, but what’s going on with Nurkic. Him last couple games was poor, maybe absence KD has impact for his form.

Metu from non rotation guy to starting five in two months. He play very solid and he have good shoot from 3 points line.

KDB plays like Ross in last season. He isn’t level rotation guy to Play Off. In round season where every team have lack in squads he would be okey but that is everything

Yuta is our garbage player ? I think he is better than this.

In half of match I think oh wait we playing without Gordon ? Yeah that’s mean how important ( in my opinion not important ) is Gordon. We should have better 6th man than him in PO
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,303

Post#90 » by Slim Charless » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:22 pm

sunsbum wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

I'll never criticise the Beal deal given we gave up so little for him, we had to get something back for CP before he expired and it's not like we would have had cap space anyway if we just let CP3 walk. Beal is a borderline all star level player.

He's our X factor. KD/Book will do their thing, but this title hings on Beal eating vs other teams subpar defenders and getting whatever he wants. I think he will....if he stays healthy.

I expect this hyperbole from you, has 2 good games and is “the X factor” lol. How’s Brad Beal btw?

He's played awesome in the games he's been in, and been able to get chemistry. I don't understand how you guys don't see it. Plainly obvious he's our X factor.

You'll understand eventually. Just like with Monty. You will all be on my side at some point. Beal stays healthy and you'll all come to see what I see.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#91 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:40 pm

bwgood77 wrote:The Suns have to have the worst halftime shows. Seriously who comes up with this stuff. The last one was so awful I had to immediately switch it. This one is equally as bad or worse.

I've been meaning to ask if anybody thinks any of the in arena entertainment (music, cheerleaders, djs, t shirt cannon, etc) is actually good. Not only the Suns but the NBA in general. It's all so awful to me. LIke, who actually enjoys any of this? :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,651

Post#92 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:10 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:The Suns have to have the worst halftime shows. Seriously who comes up with this stuff. The last one was so awful I had to immediately switch it. This one is equally as bad or worse.

I've been meaning to ask if anybody thinks any of the in arena entertainment (music, cheerleaders, djs, t shirt cannon, etc) is actually good. Not only the Suns but the NBA in general. It's all so awful to me. LIke, who actually enjoys any of this? :lol:

The Sun used to have an organ in the arena that played, back in the day. It was great. How they got to this....who knows? At least do something entertaining at halftime like those acts that do crazy stunts. Or just Suns dancer routines at worst.

Return to Phoenix Suns