ImageImageImage

Game 44: Phoenix Suns (25-18) @ Dallas Mavericks (24-19) l Wednesday l 6:30pm l ABC

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will Suns streak be extended? And who will lead our team in assists?

Yes
39%
No
13%
Beal
13%
KD
No votes
Nurkic
4%
Booker
30%
Allen
No votes
Gordon
No votes
Okogie
No votes

Total votes: 23

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,802

Re: Game 44: Phoenix Suns (25-18) @ Dallas Mavericks (24-19) l Wednesday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#201 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:18 am

Anyone here good at photoshop that could create me an image of Allen as Hawkeye?? Trying to upgrade my Allen the Asssasin avatar. Or maybe even Nurkic as Thanos saying he'll do it himself...LOL
:D
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,741

Re: Game 44: Phoenix Suns (25-18) @ Dallas Mavericks (24-19) l Wednesday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#202 » by Revived » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:18 am

As a Chargers fan too, today has been a very, very good day :D
Hsker4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,266

Post#203 » by Hsker4Life » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:20 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
King4Day wrote:Damn our FT shooting is really off tonight. I hope that doesn't burn us
Booker has regressed over the past few seasons. Wonder why? There's literally no excuse for missing free throws, especially when it's a tech.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

Not really. He’s above his career avg this year.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#204 » by enigmatics » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 am

Even though some in here won't attest to noticing - big win tonight considering this Mavs team has been inside the Suns heads and it's another game where their identity is really starting to be forged.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,118

Post#205 » by garrick » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:21 am

Booker coming off a screen and hooking right for a 3 pointer used to be something he was really good at but hasn't been doing much so lately. He really should get back to doing that more.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#206 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:25 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:I keep hearing about getting rid of Little and all that, but I don't think that's the smart play as we can use his youth and athleticism. Getting rid of Okogie, KBD, and Watanabe makes more sense to me, but what do I know? LOL

Nice and all but dude just hasn't ever been that good.

He could be if given an opportunity. He's been better than Okogie for pretty much the whole season. I guess we'll either wait and see what we've got with him or we won't and he'll be somewhere else soon enough.

Wish you were right but he hasn't been good because he just hasn't been good. And it isn't like a Bol Bol situation either where he hasn't been given consistent opportunities because Little's played 217 games across 2 teams and played over 3600min in the NBA.

Is he actually better than Okogie? Yeah maybe he has the edge because of his shooting but that isn't exactly consistent either and I think Okogie has had more impact even without the shooting. If Little was more consistent with his shooting, he'd get more opportunities. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind him and he's had a few good games for us but given what he's shown us, he's not worth keeping if you can get an upgrade.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 966

Post#207 » by Maze » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:34 am

enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:That KD/Nurk pick n roll has me on pins & needles every time.It's never clean, always bobbled, and results in a turnover 85% of the time.A bucket maybe 5% of the time...Let me chill, tho.We're winning!!

The hell are you even talking about. I think you've watched all of 2 possessions of them running that because when they ACTUALLY run it it's efficient as hell.

Every post of yours is like a begrudging compliment or slight of this team.

I've loved this team since '93.I'm just a tough critic.Nurk is horrible on the finish.KD is sloppy with his passes.I honestly don't know what you're seeing.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#208 » by starbosa10 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:39 am

Fun win
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#209 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:42 am

3 games behind the Clippers for home court!
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#210 » by enigmatics » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:55 am

Maze wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:That KD/Nurk pick n roll has me on pins & needles every time.It's never clean, always bobbled, and results in a turnover 85% of the time.A bucket maybe 5% of the time...Let me chill, tho.We're winning!!

The hell are you even talking about. I think you've watched all of 2 possessions of them running that because when they ACTUALLY run it it's efficient as hell.

I've loved this team since '93.I'm just a tough critic.Nurk is horrible on the finish.KD is sloppy with his passes.I honestly don't know what you're seeing.

I'm talking about 2-man with KD/Nurk using KD as the primary, which it is like 80% of the time they've gone to it. Since Nurk doesn't have lift anymore they can't attack the hoop with it the other way around unless the gravity of the Big 3 has him open considerably.

Ever since Beal is back Nurk isn't being looked to for offense so there's nothing really to be trippin' about.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#211 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:06 am

lilfishi22 wrote:3 games behind the Clippers for home court!

Let's get it. Twolves just been keeping the seat warm for us all season.
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 966

Post#212 » by Maze » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:13 am

enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I'm talking about 2-man with KD/Nurk using KD as the primary, which it is like 80% of the time they've gone to it. Since Nurk doesn't have lift anymore they can't attack the hoop with it the other way around unless the gravity of the Big 3 has him open considerably.

Ever since Beal is back Nurk isn't being looked to for offense so there's nothing really to be trippin' about.

That's fair.Funny thing is, you're probably my favorite poster here.I tend to agree with you on most things.Nurk just makes me nervous.He's like a drunken master out there.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#213 » by enigmatics » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:22 am

Maze wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:I've loved this team since '93.I'm just a tough critic.Nurk is horrible on the finish.KD is sloppy with his passes.I honestly don't know what you're seeing.

That's fair.Funny thing is, you're probably my favorite poster here.I tend to agree with you on most things.Nurk just makes me nervous.He's like a drunken master out there.

Clumsy at times for sure lol. I think it's just the toll of all the lower leg injuries he's been thru. I still think he could benefit from shedding another 15-20lbs.

P.S. appreciate the compliment bruh!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#214 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:33 am

enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

Clumsy at times for sure lol. I think it's just the toll of all the lower leg injuries he's been thru. I still think he could benefit from shedding another 15-20lbs.

As you mentioned, since Beal has been back (and also when Book came back in mid-Nov), Nurk's scoring and assists has reduced as we naturally expect but he's also shooting way better from the field as the months have gone by while his turnovers have also been coming down as well. Unless you're like a CP3 or a Haliburton who have near perfect passing games, you can't be a passer/connector for this team if you're not willing to risk some of them getting stolen so I'm ok with 2 TO's a game if it means elevating this team's offense. Some of the turnovers are ugly but a TO is a TO whether it's ugly or not and on the whole, Nurk has just been improving month on month
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,260

Post#215 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:51 am

Big 3: 9-4
Book/KD: 9-6
Book/Beal: 3-1
Beal/KD: 1-2
KD: 2-4
Book: 2-1
Beal: 0-0

Total: 26-18
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,118

Post#216 » by garrick » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:00 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:

As you mentioned, since Beal has been back (and also when Book came back in mid-Nov), Nurk's scoring and assists has reduced as we naturally expect but he's also shooting way better from the field as the months have gone by while his turnovers have also been coming down as well. Unless you're like a CP3 or a Haliburton who have near perfect passing games, you can't be a passer/connector for this team if you're not willing to risk some of them getting stolen so I'm ok with 2 TO's a game if it means elevating this team's offense. Some of the turnovers are ugly but a TO is a TO whether it's ugly or not and on the whole, Nurk has just been improving month on month

Nurk driving into the paint is usually always a kickout to the corners since he has zero leaping or finishing ability.

The defense knows it too and all they really have to do is stand in the vicinity of the rim which forces him to get rid of it. He's a major liability on defense also but the only reason I would keep him is a potential matchup with Jokic and on the East he might be able to play okay defense on Embiid.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,143

Post#217 » by sunsbg » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 am

Longest active win streak after Cavs lost beating teams in that 5-8 range in Kings, Pels and Mavs. Stay healthy and keep the streak going.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,644

Post#218 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 am

sunsbg wrote:Longest active win streak after Cavs lost beating teams in that 5-8 range in Kings, Pels and Mavs. Stay healthy and keep the streak going.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#219 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:14 am

garrick wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

Nurk driving into the paint is usually always a kickout to the corners since he has zero leaping or finishing ability.

The defense knows it too and all they really have to do is stand in the vicinity of the rim which forces him to get rid of it. He's a major liability on defense also but the only reason I would keep him is a potential matchup with Jokic and on the East he might be able to play okay defense on Embiid.

I think that's an outdated observation. Earlier in the season, for sure yes. That was when there was more pressure on someone else other than KD to try and create stuff for the team. But now that we use him less for creation and more on being that connector, I see him try to score way more when he's driving in than passing out.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,452

Post#220 » by sasquatchBob » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:24 am

Maze wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I disagree that Nurkic is bad at finishing. Pretty much every game he has at least one tough finish that Im suprised that goes in. In your later post you said he looks like Drunken Master out there. That I can agree with :D

Return to Phoenix Suns