ImageImageImage

Game 46: Phoenix Suns (26-19) @ Orlando Magic (23-22) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which player is the sexiest on our team?

KD
No votes
Beal
9%
Booker
73%
Allen
18%
Bol Bol
No votes
Bosnian Beast
No votes
Yuta
No votes

Total votes: 11

Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,417

Re: Game 46: Phoenix Suns (26-19) @ Orlando Magic (23-22) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#141 » by Puff » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:52 pm

enigmatics wrote:Didn't see the game last night, but one look at the box score data and I see 14 three pt attempts vs 36 for the Magic?

Other teams are more than happy to give up the midrange if they're outshooting you from three like that.

Yeah that is part of it but and is directly related to:

Allen getting only 3 shots and going 3 for 3.

Gordon getting 5 shots and going 4 for 5.

The huge part is the disparity in rebounds and turnovers resulting in fewer shot attempts. Hell, we shot 56% from the field but had 19 fewer shots.

It appears like all Vogel does during time outs is draw up a play for Book, Beal or KD.

KD looked fed up with the situation and tired. Which is it? I do think he hates to lose.

What is the fix? I think we have waited long enough for the gel to have firmed up.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Re: Game 46: Phoenix Suns (26-19) @ Orlando Magic (23-22) l Sunday l 4:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#142 » by spanishninja » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:14 pm

Puff wrote:
enigmatics wrote:Didn't see the game last night, but one look at the box score data and I see 14 three pt attempts vs 36 for the Magic?

Other teams are more than happy to give up the midrange if they're outshooting you from three like that.

The huge part is the disparity in rebounds and turnovers resulting in fewer shot attempts. Hell, we shot 56% from the field but had 19 fewer shots.

It appears like all Vogel does during time outs is draw up a play for Book, Beal or KD.

KD looked fed up with the situation and tired. Which is it? I do think he hates to lose.

What is the fix? I think we have waited long enough for the gel to have firmed up.

It seems KD's body language was more related to the terrible referees and his own mediocre play rather than on not being a bigger focus on offense. In the Dallas game he was quite happy with just 12 points while Booker killed the Mavs. He could have easily shot it more times but passed it out more than usual.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#143 » by dremill24 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:11 pm

spanishninja wrote:
Puff wrote:

It seems KD's body language was more related to the terrible referees and his own mediocre play rather than on not being a bigger focus on offense. In the Dallas game he was quite happy with just 12 points while Booker killed the Mavs. He could have easily shot it more times but passed it out more than usual.

KD just wasnt ready to play. Hes 36, 5th game in 8 nights, he shoulda sat out tbh, there was no effort.

The larger scale (whole team) issues of poor defensive effort and a lack of any coherent plan on offense remained, and are more worth the effort to fix.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,651

Post#144 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:19 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Book scores 100+ in two losses against middle of the pack teams. Yikes. We're not a true team yet.

We lost against the Pacers because Book started to play for his numbers and played a pretty selfish game. I didn't like his approach since the 2nd quarter.

This one was a different story. He shared the ball and played an efficient game but Beal couldn't score with that **** mask and KD looked tired since the first minute of the game.

We need to play more unselfish basketball and stop with that **** of record numbers and all of that. Look at Anthony Towns and his 62 points game... his coach hated every part of it and he was right.

I agree with the unselfish ball. Though I can't comment a ton about yesterday because I watched very little due to the NFL championship games.

From the box it looked like Book had a great game and turnovers overall killed us.

But I was surprised on twitter to see so many complaining about Booker after a Gerald Bourquet post. Basically saying we need to move the ball more and even if he is hot, he needs to involve others more so they don't get cold or check out. They were saying stuff like KD will want out next year if he is getting 12 shots a game.

Someone posted this clip which I was surprised to see. Looks like KD was not too happy Book was ignoring him to get his own (though I don't know who had the ball at the time)...it may change up soon because Book may be playing that way for an all star push. But the #s on efficiency are insane.

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,966

Post#145 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:57 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Book scores 100+ in two losses against middle of the pack teams. Yikes. We're not a true team yet.

We lost against the Pacers because Book started to play for his numbers and played a pretty selfish game. I didn't like his approach since the 2nd quarter.

This one was a different story. He shared the ball and played an efficient game but Beal couldn't score with that **** mask and KD looked tired since the first minute of the game.

We need to play more unselfish basketball and stop with that **** of record numbers and all of that. Look at Anthony Towns and his 62 points game... his coach hated every part of it and he was right.

I agree with the unselfish ball. Though I can't comment a ton about yesterday because I watched very little due to the NFL championship games.

From the box it looked like Book had a great game and turnovers overall killed us.

But I was surprised on twitter to see so many complaining about Booker after a Gerald Bourquet post. Basically saying we need to move the ball more and even if he is hot, he needs to involve others more so they don't get cold or check out. They were saying stuff like KD will want out next year if he is getting 12 shots a game.

Someone posted this clip which I was surprised to see. Looks like KD was not too happy Book was ignoring him to get his own (though I don't know who had the ball at the time)...it may change up soon because Book may be playing that way for an all star push. But the #s on efficiency are insane.

Read on Twitter

Sometimes you can get frustrated with Book because he is too selfish and deliberately wants to put high scoring numbers even at the cost of the game.

I would be OK with that mentality when your teammates are Josh Jackson, Bender and Len...but when you have solid veterans (Allen, Nurkic, Gordon) and 2 GREAT offensive players next to you that approach is not right for winning basketball.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#146 » by spanishninja » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:We lost against the Pacers because Book started to play for his numbers and played a pretty selfish game. I didn't like his approach since the 2nd quarter.

Read on Twitter

Sometimes you can get frustrated with Book because he is too selfish and deliberately wants to put high scoring numbers even at the cost of the game.

I would be OK with that mentality when your teammates are Josh Jackson, Bender and Len...but when you have solid veterans (Allen, Nurkic, Gordon) and 2 GREAT offensive players next to you that approach is not right for winning basketball.

he didnt have Nurk, and I think the last six quarters of play really illustrate how important he is on our offense. with him not available, Booker is the only reliable playmaker. KD threw it away 7 times and Beal was just trying hard not to die out there.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,966

Post#147 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:10 pm

spanishninja wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Read on Twitter

he didnt have Nurk, and I think the last six quarters of play really illustrate how important he is on our offense. with him not available, Booker is the only reliable playmaker. KD threw it away 7 times and Beal was just trying hard not to die out there.

Yeah, I think he was detrimental for the team against the Pacers, since the 2nd quarter.

I agree about missing Nurkic against the Magic, he is vital for this team.

Return to Phoenix Suns