ImageImageImage

Game 48: Phoenix Suns (27-20) @ Brooklynnnnnn Basketball (19-27) l Wednesday l 6:30pm l ABC l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What three players will have the best shooting game tonight? Also, O/U on TO’s for Suns

Durant
16%
Bridges
21%
Booker
16%
CamJ
5%
Beal
5%
Cam.Thomas
16%
Gordon
No votes
Dinwiddie
No votes
Over 13.5 TO’s
16%
Under 13.5 TO’s
5%

Total votes: 19

flagstaff
Sophomore
And1: 41

Re: Game 48: Phoenix Suns (27-20) @ Brooklynnnnnn Basketball (19-27) l Wednesday l 6:30pm l ABC l AZFamily 

Post#141 » by flagstaff » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:21 pm

starbosa10 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
Revived wrote:Good win. Booker hitting Mikal’s celli felt dirty though lol.

4th qtrs still remain a challenge.
I didn't see it during the game but saw it on an ESPN review a bit ago. Yeah, I don't agree with that being done as it's low class. Booker should come up with his own thing or, alternatively, do nothing and just get back on defense instead. He already jaws enough as is and has developed a reputation for being a whiner and foul beggar.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

I wouldn't read into the celly too much. I think it was a fun shot between good friends

KD's reaction running back is hilarious too. On the gesture. I didn't like it when Bridges did it while on the Suns. Kinda of enjoyed Booker putting it in his face. Maybe Bridges can lay on his back after beating the Suns with a three. Let's hope not...
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,100

Re: Game 48: Phoenix Suns (27-20) @ Brooklynnnnnn Basketball (19-27) l Wednesday l 6:30pm l ABC l AZFamily 

Post#142 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:36 pm

spanishninja wrote:nice win and we ended up with the second best record in the west in January just after the Clippers (and even better than OKC)! Next two months we will find out what we actually got.

Man that Clippers team is scary though, isn't it? I mean, what advantage do we have over that squad? Just a hope that the injury bug hits them harder than it's us, it would seem.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#143 » by Golanator » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:33 pm

starbosa10 wrote:
Puff wrote:Good win but Beal continues to struggle. Perkins suggested he is not happy standing in the corner and that we need a distributor to keep everyone involved.

The guy has had injury after injury this year. Hopefully that is the issue. The mask certainly is not his friend. Unfortunately, he is going to be wearing it for a while. If we can get him to be the scoring threat, we think he is, that is when we will really turn the corner.

It will be interesting to see what Isiah does at the trade deadline.

I definitely think the mask is having an impact

Mask/injury is impacting him for sure. People just forget that before he broke his nose he was playing really good, efficient basketball for like 2-3 weeks.

And I don't really care what Kendrick Perkins thinks. Beal doesn't look unhappy to me. Still playing hard, trying on defense, and looking to score when he has opportunities. They are still trying to figure out the balance between all 3 but it's coming.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#144 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:48 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
spanishninja wrote:nice win and we ended up with the second best record in the west in January just after the Clippers (and even better than OKC)! Next two months we will find out what we actually got.

Man that Clippers team is scary though, isn't it? I mean, what advantage do we have over that squad? Just a hope that the injury bug hits them harder than it's us, it would seem.
They would have to beat them with high level shot making. Suns are going to need that to win in the playoffs against anyone but especially the Clips.

It's funny I actually view this current suns team much like I have Clippers teams the past couple years. Like I can't totally buy into them for a couple reasons but I also wouldn't be super stoked to have to face them in a playoff matchup.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#145 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:34 pm

spanishninja wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Image

I see drysdale moist and its an instant upvote...

I was looking up Ann trying to figure out how she became a hall of famer. didn't realize how good she was in college. 17/8/6/4/1 averages over 4 years, and averaging a 4x5 in senior year? those were pretty ridiculous numbers for that time.

She was a fantastic basketball player. Only woman to try out for an NBA team IIRC. I have no issue with Drysdale as a player or person. She is just PAINFUL to listen to when she is commentating. Like... how many years has she done it and she just seems to be getting WORSE at speaking. The job is literally to talk, and she can't string a sentence together without flubbing up multiple words. Sophie Cunningham is hopefully replacing her, cause at least she can speak actual sentences.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#146 » by spanishninja » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:50 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
I see drysdale moist and its an instant upvote...

I was looking up Ann trying to figure out how she became a hall of famer. didn't realize how good she was in college. 17/8/6/4/1 averages over 4 years, and averaging a 4x5 in senior year? those were pretty ridiculous numbers for that time.

She was a fantastic basketball player. Only woman to try out for an NBA team IIRC. I have no issue with Drysdale as a player or person. She is just PAINFUL to listen to when she is commentating. Like... how many years has she done it and she just seems to be getting WORSE at speaking. The job is literally to talk, and she can't string a sentence together without flubbing up multiple words. Sophie Cunningham is hopefully replacing her, cause at least she can speak actual sentences.

how does she do when doing Mercury broadcasts? is it just that she is more knowledgeable about the WNBA than the NBA?
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,435

Post#147 » by dremill24 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:25 am

Was interesting to see them go Beal/Book to start the 4th instead of Beal/KD. Takes away the ability to satisfy the apparent pathalogical need to drop everything and try to get a terrible pass to KD not holding his position to get his 1v1 every possession. They still kinda did it a few times with Book lol but not as often. Still not sure it was great offense but Beal got loose a couple times and it was at least something kinda sorta different.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#148 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:48 am

spanishninja wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

how does she do when doing Mercury broadcasts? is it just that she is more knowledgeable about the WNBA than the NBA?

Ive never watched a wnba game. She is knowledgeable about the NBA, she just sucks at talking.

Return to Phoenix Suns