19%

Total votes: 16

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,733

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 5 - The final stretch 

Post#1341 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:38 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:I doubt we will get **** for a 36 year old KD. Like one young certified role player and a couple of picks (like two. 3 if we're lucky) but there is actually is nothing particularly wrong with that. I guess I can see Randle + filler and a pick (or 2 again if we're lucky) but certainly no boatload.

If our scenario is having no picks, and being old and mediocre vs having no picks, and being young and mediocre then yeah we can go ahead and ship KD out.

But I have a feeling we're running this ship onto dry land and we'll not be able to get anything for KD when he's 37/38.

I agree for the most part, but for the Knicks, with a boatload of picks, and the right players, and a pretty desperate team to be a finals contender, and on the cusp of being really good...it makes some sense, especially since they could trade 4 picks and still have 4 first rounders...or trade 3. Would you do 3 picks, McBride, Randle and DiVincenZo or Hart?

Now most of the picks they have are fairly heavily protected or from really good teams, but they have all their own, plus these. I could see them trading the Detroit or Wash ones because they are so heavily protected, and 2 of their own thinking with Brunson, OG and KD, they should be ok. So one of those coming to them, and their 24 and 26 picks. or 25 and 27 when we don't have picks. I would go for Dallas' pick which won't be bad, and then probably their 25 and 27 picks. That gives us first rounders through 28...and 2 this year...only missing our 29 pick.

Of course we'd probably be a little worse, but would have a PG, a good passing, rebounding PF, more depth, and Beal could step up and get his normal shots and be a solid 2nd option (or Randle). McBride is getting better....he doesn't get many assists, but he plays with Brunson, but he does shoot 41% from 3 this year.

Spoiler:
2024 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-10 in 2024 and 1-10 in 2025; if Dallas has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, then Dallas will instead convey its 2025 2nd round pick to New York [Dallas-New York, 1/31/2019]

2024 first round draft pick from Detroit
Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2024 first round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-12 in 2024, 1-10 in 2025 and 1-8 in 2026; if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2026, then Washington will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Houston-Washington, 12/2/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2024 second round draft pick from Utah or Cleveland (more favorable)
New York will receive the more favorable of Utah's 2024 2nd round pick and Cleveland's 2024 2nd round pick; L.A. Clippers will receive the more favorable of (i) Indiana's 2024 second round pick and (ii) the less favorable of the Cleveland pick and the Utah pick and Indiana will receive the less favorable of (i) and (ii); L.A. Clippers may convey the pick it receives to Indiana and instead receive Toronto if less favorable (see L.A. Clippers Incoming); Indiana may convey the pick it receives to Golden State or Toronto (see Indiana Outgoing) (via Cleveland to Indiana to Milwaukee to Memphis to L.A. Clippers to Philadelphia to Indiana; via Utah's right to swap for Cleveland; via Toronto to Memphis to L.A. Clippers) [Cleveland-Sacramento-Utah, 2/8/2018; New York-Utah, 11/22/2020; Brooklyn-Cleveland-Houston-Indiana, 1/16/2021; Indiana-Milwaukee, 7/30/2021; Memphis-Milwaukee, 8/7/2021; Houston-L.A. Clippers-Memphis, 2/9/2023]

2024 second round draft pick from Miami
Miami's 2024 2nd round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 31-50 and 56-59 or to New York protected for selections 31-55 (Miami's obligation(s) to Atlanta and / or New York will thereafter be extinguished) (via Cleveland to Detroit to Philadelphia to New York) [Cleveland-Miami, 2/8/2018; Atlanta-Miami, 6/19/2019; Cleveland-Detroit, 6/26/2019; Detroit-Philadelphia, 7/7/2019; New York-Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 3/25/2021]

2025 first round draft pick from Milwaukee
Milwaukee's 2025 1st round pick to New Orleans protected for selections 5-30 or to New York protected for selections 1-4 (Milwaukee's obligation to New Orleans or New York will thereafter be extinguished) (via New Orleans to Portland to Detroit to New York) [Denver-Milwaukee-New Orleans-Oklahoma City, 11/23/2020; New Orleans-Portland, 2/8/2022; Detroit-Portland, 7/6/2022; Detroit-New York, 7/6/2022]

*** (Under the premise that we try to run it back first and don't move KD until the deadline next season, so 2024 draft is off the board)
I'd do it for Randle/ Bojan/ Sims.
- Detroit 25 1st (1-10 Protected).
- Mil 25 1st (protected 1-4).
- 27' NYK 1st (* Willing to do top 10 protection If necessary on it).

I'm not worried about getting Mcbride back in the deal (even though I know Bwgood has a keen eye for young talent) and I have liked him as a young Conley/Lowry type of guard prospect BECAUSE......... This draft is flush with good- strong underrated guard talent throughout the draft and even into the undrafted ranges. The suns really only need the scouts to actually do their job correctly and Identify the best vailable options for us in a trade back scenario as well as post #60 too.

And I don't mind the Milwaukee 1st because I figure that one or both Middleton and maybe even Giannis might have durability issues next season and struggle unexpectedly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,623

Post#1342 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:52 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Spoiler:
bwgood77 wrote:
If we do go PG, I'd look at this guy, 31 on tankathon's big board and 29 on espn's. He's probably lower due to being a senior (which also means he's more ready)..but he's probably the best assist guy in college and shoots 40% from 3 on a good division 1 team.

From Givony on ESPN

Tankathon profile

https://www.tankathon.com/players/tyler-kolek

I brought him up here after I saw Nash-lite comparison on a draft site.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2338780&start=20#p111558286

RedIndian who has a good breakdown on prospects wrote he wouldn't draft him. GoK had him at around 40 and proposed getting creative and picking another player too. Maybe he's a bad athlete like the guy Jones picked at 20 ish pick who was sent to OKC or that other PG Suns picked at 13 years ago. Forgot their names.

Yep! first with Tyler Ennis in 2014 at #18, Then in 2019 wherein we traded our Mil 1st to Boston for Ty Jerome at #24, And soon Tyler Kolek, because the other to guards named Tyler clearly worked out so well for us.... :lol: I guess the 3rd times the charm though perhaps! And in fairness, Kolek is surely a much better passer than the previous two?? :pray:

I thought of Ty Jerome, but Kolek is a lot better. Kolek averages almost 8 apg, while Ty Jerome averaged 5. He also is a better defender, averaging more steals in fewer minutes. But he is a better scorer too, They both shot 40% from 3 in their last year in college but Kolek is FAR better inside the arc, and shoots 54% as opposed to Jerome's 47%.

Tyler Ennis was just a raw freshman off of hs hype. He wasn't that good in college. 5 apg, but shot like 41% from the field, 35% from 3 and 43% from 2. I think McD just drafted him because he was trying to take who Toronto wanted and was hoping they'd trade up and give us something for it, but they didn't.

Anyway, your hope of trading back and getting him, sure. But if they like him, take him.

I only said if we take a PG, I think he might be the guy we should look at. There are not great PGs in the draft. He does sound a bit like Nash and Haliburton though....with better defense.

But, as I said before, I'd probably try to get a defensive 5. I really would love for Bol Bol to turn into that though. I love Bol Bol and I want him to be our Wemby (ok, maybe not, but I'd love to see more of him)...

A guy like Kolek..it's hard to know with these guys. Are they really good or not. It sounds like he can pick apart defenses. All of the pgs above him don't get near the assists.

The closest is Nikola Topic who is projected to go #1 overall, or close to it, and then the two Kentucky guards who average like 4 apg. Topic can't shoot though. The Kentucky guys can..they are freshman and more of shoot first guards....plus they will go far before we can pick.

There is a fine line with a guy like Kolek. I think a guy like him either makes it and does really well or doesn't make it at all. A lot of making it is mental and he seems to have the mental make up to make it from what I read. I am going to watch him tomorrow morning.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1343 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:05 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:*** (Under the premise that we try to run it back first and don't move KD until the deadline next season, so 2024 draft is off the board)

I'm not worried about getting Mcbride back in the deal (even though I know Bwgood has a keen eye for young talent) and I have liked him as a young Conley/Lowry type of guard prospect BECAUSE......... This draft is flush with good- strong underrated guard talent throughout the draft and even into the undrafted ranges. The suns really only need the scouts to actually do their job correctly and Identify the best vailable options for us in a trade back scenario as well as post #60 too.

And I don't mind the Milwaukee 1st because I figure that one or both Middleton and maybe even Giannis might have durability issues next season and struggle unexpectedly.

That Detroit pick is protected top 13 in 25, then top 11 in 26 and then top 9 in 27 and then if not conveyed, we'd get two 2nds. I think we probably wouldn't get it until 27 (possibly 26) if we got it at all. They'd have to massively improve and be a borderline playoff team by 26 or still pretty close in 27.

You may mean the WASH pick though which is 1-10 in 25, and drops to 1-8 in 26 which is better.

Bojan will be washed then. He's about to turn 35. Or I guess you are just thinking of taking him as an expiring to ease up on the luxury tax. Sims is a FA in 25 too.

I'd much prefer Donte and McBride. I think we will really need decent guard depth as it's unlikely we have Eric Gordon next year. We may not even have Allen. At least those guys are both 40% 3 pt shooters and solid guards and are only 23 and 27.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1344 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:*** (Under the premise that we try to run it back first and don't move KD until the deadline next season, so 2024 draft is off the board)

That Detroit pick is protected top 13 in 25, then top 11 in 26 and then top 9 in 27 and then if not conveyed, we'd get two 2nds. I think we probably wouldn't get it until 27 (possibly 26) if we got it at all. They'd have to massively improve and be a borderline playoff team by 26 or still pretty close in 27.

You may mean the WASH pick though which is 1-10 in 25, and drops to 1-8 in 26 which is better.

Bojan will be washed then. He's about to turn 35. Or I guess you are just thinking of taking him as an expiring to ease up on the luxury tax. Sims is a FA in 25 too.

I'd much prefer Donte and McBride. I think we will really need decent guard depth as it's unlikely we have Eric Gordon next year. We may not even have Allen. At least those guys are both 40% 3 pt shooters and solid guards and are only 23 and 27.

Yeah, I maybe mixed up the details between Detroit and Washington from this here a bit:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed
2024 first round draft pick from Detroit
Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2024 first round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-12 in 2024, 1-10 in 2025 and 1-8 in 2026; if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2026, then Washington will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Houston-Washington, 12/2/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

And as you said mixed it up from Washingtons' protections. So good catch man! :D
As for Bojan, Yes, I do really like the premise that it would give us additional cap reduction after next season, But would have him (for the last half of the season) play off the bench as our 6th man scorer, and also mentor one of my preferred UDFA 6'8 wing scorer (Cam Johnson) replacements from the 2024 undrafted pool too. Really any of:
Brandon Angel (Stanford), Kyshawn George (Miami), Alex Karaban (Uconn), Gavin Griffiths (Rutgers), Milan Momcilovic (Iowa), Trezarian White (UNCW), Tyler Harris (Portland) in that order of preference IF we draft a jumbo wing shooter. My guard preference for a replacement for Gordon or even a similar player to Donte DeVincenzo would simply be my favorite undrafted pool option of Cam Spencer (Uconn) for his high IQ processing and stellar statistical efficiency:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-spencer-1.html
14.5 points/4.5 rebounds/3.6 assists on 48% FG/ 44% 3PT/ 91% FT. .237 WS/40 / 11 BPM.

And if defense with Vincenzo is of higher preference, there's also Dalton Bolon (Charleston)
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dalton-bolon-1.html
Who's a very intense defender that locks in relentlessly on defense. Now of course Donta DiVincenzo is the much better shooter/ scorer than Bolon, But Bolon is very similar as an intense/ passionate defender.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1345 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Beal is focusing on facilitation and defense. Early returns are positive.

By John Voita
@DarthVoita Mar 24, 2024, 8:00am MST

It feels like the Phoenix Suns are turning a corner, doesn’t it? It’s a corner they have been looking to turn for months now, one in which they are playing connected basketball in rhythm, taking care of the ball, and playing within the confines of their respective roles.

It’s hard to take too much away from their current three-game winning streak when you consider the level of the competition. The Philadelphia 76ers were without Joel Embiid, the Atlanta Hawks were without Trae Young, and the San Antonio Spurs were without...reliable NBA talent.

But it “feels” like something has changed. The intensity, the communication, and obviously the results.

“I think just the overall team chemistry. Guys are playing for one another a lot better,” Eric Gordon stated after the win against the Spurs on Sunday night.

Part of that team chemistry that Gordon referenced is personified by the way Bradley Beal has been playing. He is settling into his role as the primary distributor, and it is his ability to penetrate and kick the ball that is creating mismatches for the Suns’ offense.

The Big Three are unique in that, while they all possess elite mid-range jump shooting, their secondary skill sets are different.

Kevin Durant isn’t going to blow by anyone with his speed or quickness, but he can hit some of the most difficult shots you’ve ever seen and knock down off-the-dribble three-pointers with ease. Bradley Beal is quick and can get to the rim with ease with his deadly first step. Devin Booker is a hybrid of Durant and Beal. He can penetrate, although it isn’t his strongest skill set. His is using his body to create optimal spacing to either hit a jumper or find a teammate. During the Suns’ current three-game winning streak, you are seeing Bradley Beal focus more on facilitation and less on scoring. He has averaged just 9.3 points during the run, taking just 7.7 shot attempts. But he is averaging 9.3 assists.

“He’s reshaping his game for this team,” Frank Vogel said of Beal. “He’s defending his butt off too. His ball containment is the best on our team right now. He’s doing it on both ends.”

The struggles the Suns had while on their four-game road trip involved turnovers and poor perimeter defense, Someone needed to step up and become that leader, that individual on the court who set the tone with the way that they defended. That has become Bradley Beal.

Beal has been the most openly critical of the team throughout the season, at least with comments he has made to the media. He hasn’t been afraid to tell it like it is.

“We’ve got to be a lot better. We can’t just flip the light switch on,” Beal said after the Suns win over the Hornets. “We’ve got to come out with a lot better focus and a lot more sense of urgency from what we’ve been having. It’s been way unacceptable,” he said after the Milwaukee loss.

Beal is the one who has changed his mindset, focused on setting up his teammates and being aggressive on defense, and it is paying off. Beal has a 106.1 defensive rating in the Suns’ last three games. Before that, it was 114.8. Beal’s efforts are allowing Booker to be Booker and Durant to be Durant. Booker is best served as an off-ball two-guard who finds space and hits open jumpers. Durant is best served as a player who doesn’t need to run isolation sets, rather, is free-flowing and hits his jump shots in rhythm. This is made possible when the offense runs through Beal. The threat that he may take his defender off the dribble creates gravity. Gravity that opens up his teammates.

The true test lies ahead for both Beal and the Phoenix Suns. We will know how effective his change in mindset and defensive impact are when the Suns face a daunting 10-game span of games to close the season against teams headed to the postseason.

The fact that it is Bradley Beal who has taken it upon his shoulders to become the two-way player this team desperately needed should not be overlooked. Someone needed to do it. Someone needed to sacrifice their offensive output and put their energy into the defensive end. Someone needed to be a pest on the perimeter, close out on weakside rotations, and not allow the opposition open looks at three-point shots.

That someone is Bradley Beal. It could be the key that truly unlocks the potential of the Suns.

So as I mentioned in the Beal thread and had hoped for when he first came here via trade, Beal at the guard, allowing Book to move back to his natural guard position and focusing primarily on being a lethal offensive weapon so Durant can play off both and roam as an elite two way weapon is the key to unlock this teams' ascension to the higher tiers with the more elite contenders! Also
this is the kind of leadership and grittiness that we need from Book and KD! But glad to see it from Beal if the other two just don't have it in them to be the vocal leaders that we need! :nod:

That being said, to truly be an ELITE championship caliber super team (next season), We'll of course need to address these weaknesses cleverly via the draft and offseason signings (but mostly through the draft due to incurred cost/ contractual control) in order of most critical to least sequentially:

1- A big, long, physical, versatile mobile RIM PROTECTING center or 4/5 option with strong defensive skillset.
2- An athletic, long, switchable two waywing defender to help lock down our perimeter defense at a high level.
3- A playmaking facilitator/ floor general with strong game management and tablesetting skills to keep our bench fully engaged.
OR
We might consider a strong, versatile connective playmaking jumbo wing/big 3/4 or 4/5 that can help initiate offense when Nurkic sits as needed to add playmaking all over the court! And to get our bench players the ball in the right spots to optimize them fully. This will help us sustain leads better and allow for increased periods of rest for our big three and starters. :nod:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,944

Post#1346 » by Saberestar » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:43 pm

The Sixers won big @ Clippers. 4th seed in the West is open for business.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#1347 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:52 pm

Clippers lost. The Suns are only 2.5 games back with 2 games remaining against LA.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,729

Post#1348 » by Revived » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

If/when the Suns lose in the first or second round next month, I would strongly reach out to Houston and ask them for this same offer + Whitmore for KD.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#1349 » by Saberestar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:13 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

If/when the Suns lose in the first or second round next month, I would strongly reach out to Houston and ask them for this same offer + Whitmore for KD.

Wow, if true the Nets made a huge mistake here! Jalen Green's ceiling has always been crazy high and in the last few weeks he is showing that he is an All-Star type of player.

Obviously a better player than Mikal IMO.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#1350 » by Bogyo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:24 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

We can be the first team starting 5 shooting guards! yaaaay!
Rockets have wanted to get rid of this bum eversince he got drafted - is nobody thinking thats a hugeassss red flag? He is likely a very dumb chucker. Homeless mans Stevie Francis who will never even sniff an allstar game. Rightfully so. Pass. (the thing this guy doesnt do). Hard pass
# waiting for the next chapter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#1351 » by Saberestar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:20 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rockets have wanted to get rid of this bum eversince he got drafted - is nobody thinking thats a hugeassss red flag? He is likely a very dumb chucker. Homeless mans Stevie Francis who will never even sniff an allstar game. Rightfully so. Pass. (the thing this guy doesnt do). Hard pass

I don’t understand how you can say that about one of the best young players in the NBA. The guy is just 22 years old and he is already making a huge impact for his team. Anthony Edwards is the best young SG in the league but right behind him is Jalen Green.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1352 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:22 am

Saberestar wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t understand how you can say that about one of the best young players in the NBA. The guy is just 22 years old and he is already making a huge impact for his team. Anthony Edwards is the best young SG in the league but right behind him is Jalen Green.

My guess is that is an offer they turned down last offseason, not any time recently, and it's just being brought up now because of Green's great play and MIkal's not as good play as expected.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#1353 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:08 am

I think we finish 8th.

Lose to Sacramento away play in
Beat Lakers at home play in
Lose 4-1 to Denver 1st round
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#1354 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:28 am

If we lose Allen, Gordon, Bol in FA.

That leaves us Beal, Booker, O'Neale, Durant, Nurkic / Little and 9 minimums.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#1355 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:10 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:If we lose Allen, Gordon, Bol in FA.

We also have our draft pick, for now...
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#1356 » by LV-Suns » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:30 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:If we lose Allen, Gordon, Bol in FA.

We also have our draft pick, for now...

I am ready for the Suns reality where we miss the playoffs by 0.5 game, get the 14th pick and trade it for Grant Williams on the draft night.
I Dont wanna be here
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Post#1357 » by Son of Ra » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:03 am

I think at this point any kind of re-tooling in the off-season, considering what we're working with, is nothing but a sunk cost fallacy. We need to cut our losses and move on before there's nothing left.

I hope we blow it up and trade absolutely everyone and everything. After hiring a stud GM. (Pipe dream I know). Just keep the Suns in the Valley please.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,136

Post#1358 » by handsome salary » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:22 pm

Without CP3 it's just another season of Book's team having a great chance of missing the playoffs. What a franchise player.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#1359 » by sunsbg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:42 pm

handsome salary wrote:Without CP3 it's just another season of Book's team having a great chance of missing the playoffs. What a franchise player.

Yeah but he's still underpaid because he'll attract other star players and win this franchise a title. Oh wait...
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#1360 » by spanishninja » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:26 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

"right behind" Edwards? you must be crazy. As someone who had Green in fantasy all season, let me just remind you that he had one good month so far this year, and before March he was pretty awful. Just in february he averaged 16/5/4 on 37/26/76. Brooklyn may have made a mistake in not grabbing him+picks from Houston but only because they similarly overvalued Mikal based on small sample size performance.

Return to Phoenix Suns