Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - A Rocky Start 

Post#21 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:21 am

BobbieL wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

I will never not see Bridges as who he is which is a wife beater, domestic abuser and all-round disgusting human being

But I kind of agree with EJ

Eddie made some valid points

Yeah, like what he says.at 7:45..the way I look at it....but if he ends up doing anything else, cut him or whatever.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:27 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:
Stix wrote:
Right? If only we knew everything about our co-workers... a lot of you would be out of a job because you refuse to "support" their behavior.

Sports is just modern day Coliseum.
If NBA allows Miles Bridges to still play, why in the hell people cares if he's a psycho or not.

ps: most nba players are actually like that, its what gives them the competitive edge in sports...
but I guess mostly here aint ready for this conversation.

I wonder how many nba players beat up their wives behind closed doors since “MOST NBA PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY LIKE THAT.” It makes me wonder if Booker or KD will beat up their wives/gfs I might lose sleep this upcoming week. Thanks for opening up my eyes.

C'mon, KD has never had a girlfriend. Only woman in his life is his mom, da real mvp.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 5 - The Trade Deadline 

Post#23 » by Stix » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:52 am

Here is your stat of the night...
Beal is now 27/98 from three in all non Lakers games, or 27.5%

Seriously, brilliant game by Beal. Dude was on FIRE!!!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#24 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:57 am

Stix wrote:Here is your stat of the night...

I take it you're not a Beal fan?
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Stix » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:02 am

bwgood77 wrote:

46+ mil for this, how could you not be a fan?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:04 am

Stix wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I like him, and since I know the salary is irrelevant, that part doesn't matter to me, especially since we got him for scraps. If we could just simply cut him and lose all the salary, the only thing we could add is our MLE, and I think he's better than what we could find there. A lot better.

He had a really bad shooting night tonight from 3 and has been cold from 3 the last 10 games, but given his body of work and career 3pt%, I'm not concerned. He's been a better 3 pt shooter than even Book over his career..

10 assists from him was nice to see.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Stix » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:08 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Stix wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I like him, and since I know the salary is irrelevant, that part doesn't matter to me, especially since we got him for scraps. If we could just simply cut him and lose all the salary, the only thing we could add is our MLE, and I think he's better than what we could find there. A lot better.

He had a really bad shooting night tonight from 3 and has been cold from 3 the last 10 games, but given his body of work and career 3pt%, I'm not concerned. He's been a better 3 pt shooter than even Book over his career..

10 assists from him was nice to see.

This loss has his name all over it. Glad you like him though. I don't see it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#28 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:27 am

Seems like I've watched the end of like 5 Wolves game and they are all like 5 close losses, some of them blowing leads. It's strange to me they only got their 15th loss given that's what I've seen. But then again, I guess it's probably in part because I only tune in if they are close in the 4th and don't watch all the ones they win big.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,143

Post#29 » by SlovenianDragon » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:44 am

bwgood77 wrote:Seems like I've watched the end of like 5 Wolves game and they are all like 5 close losses, some of them blowing leads. It's strange to me they only got their 15th loss given that's what I've seen. But then again, I guess it's probably in part because I only tune in if they are close in the 4th and don't watch all the ones they win big.

Wolves best player is an inconsistent 22 year old... they arent going anywhere...
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,635

Post#30 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:10 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Seems like I've watched the end of like 5 Wolves game and they are all like 5 close losses, some of them blowing leads. It's strange to me they only got their 15th loss given that's what I've seen. But then again, I guess it's probably in part because I only tune in if they are close in the 4th and don't watch all the ones they win big.

Wolves best player is an inconsistent 22 year old... they arent going anywhere...

You’d be surprised how far they will go this year. I have them facing off against the Nuggets in the WCF. Thunder are still young and not there yet, Suns have a million problems, Lakers won’t do chit, Clippers will fold they usually have never made WCF maybe they can prove me wrong.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,972

Post#31 » by KLEON » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:16 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

You’d be surprised how far they will go this year. I have them facing off against the Nuggets in the WCF. Thunder are still young and not there yet, Suns have a million problems, Lakers won’t do chit, Clippers will fold they usually have never made WCF maybe they can prove me wrong.

I GUARANTEE that the Wolves won't be in the WCF. The Clips are dangerous if they can stay healthy
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#32 » by DirtyDez » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:53 am

It makes sense basketball wise. The only way for a 2nd apron team with no assets to add a significant upgrade is to trade for the guy nobody else wants due to off the court problems. Without adding an athletic and long physical wing we really stand no chance vs Denver, OKC or LAC.. OKC doesn’t have the experience but they’re light years better defensively and are one of only two teams (Boston) both top-5 in offensive and defensive efficiency. They’ll also make a trade to improve before the deadline. Our best bet to win a series is matching up with Minnesota.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,731

Post#33 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:06 pm

https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/news/multiple-reports-suggest-miles-bridges-to-the-phoenix-suns-is-gathering-steam

Multiple Reports Suggest Miles Bridges to the Phoenix Suns is Gathering Steam
MATTHEW ALQUIZA
1 HOUR AGO

https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/BQpbw161

Where there's smoke, there's fire, and plumes are billowing above the Spectrum Center. As the February 8th trade deadline nears, multiple Charlotte Hornets find themselves at the center of trade rumors. None moreso than starting forward Miles Bridges.

Jake Fischer of Yahoo! Sports wrote in his trade notebook this morning that "...the Phoenix Suns continue to be described by league personnel as the team most motivated to land the Michigan State product." Fischer details Suns owner Mat Ishbia's connection to Bridges' alma mater, Michigan State, and the Suns desperate need for wing depth. Fischer isn't the only one discussing Bridges' availability and Phoenix's interest. NBA and Suns insiders alike have been pointing to the continuation of the Hornets' fire sale.

Read on Twitter

The framework of a trade is difficult to come by. Charlotte has firmly cemented their desire to acquire future assets following the Terry Rozier trade. Due to the trades for Bradley Beal and Kevin Durant, Phoenix is unable to send a first-round pick in any deal. The veteran laden Suns also lack young, cost-controlled assets that are appealing to a rebuilding team like Charlotte. Any deal looks likely to involve former UNC Tar Heel Nassir Little in addition to a combination of second round picks. On the other hand, Charlotte is in a bind. Miles Bridges is playing on a one-year deal, has a no trade clause and significant off-court baggage which limits his trade market, the Hornets have little leverage. Despite Charlotte retaining Bridges bird-right in free agency and Bridges expressing his desire to stay, it is still possible he could walk for nothing. If the team aren't willing to pay his asking price or he gets his head turned elsewhere, Charlotte could be left empty-handed. Any discussion of Bridges' trade value has to come with the caveat of his off-court transgressions that transpired in 2022.

Bridges has maintained his spot in the starting line-up as trade rumors persist. In Wednesday night's game against the Chicago Bulls, Bridges put up a stat-line of 30 points, 15 rebounds, and five assists. A first in Hornets history.

BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,815

Post#34 » by BobbieL » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:42 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/news/multiple-reports-suggest-miles-bridges-to-the-phoenix-suns-is-gathering-steam

Multiple Reports Suggest Miles Bridges to the Phoenix Suns is Gathering Steam
MATTHEW ALQUIZA
1 HOUR AGO

https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/BQpbw161

Where there's smoke, there's fire, and plumes are billowing above the Spectrum Center. As the February 8th trade deadline nears, multiple Charlotte Hornets find themselves at the center of trade rumors. None moreso than starting forward Miles Bridges.

Jake Fischer of Yahoo! Sports wrote in his trade notebook this morning that "...the Phoenix Suns continue to be described by league personnel as the team most motivated to land the Michigan State product." Fischer details Suns owner Mat Ishbia's connection to Bridges' alma mater, Michigan State, and the Suns desperate need for wing depth. Fischer isn't the only one discussing Bridges' availability and Phoenix's interest. NBA and Suns insiders alike have been pointing to the continuation of the Hornets' fire sale.

Read on Twitter

The framework of a trade is difficult to come by. Charlotte has firmly cemented their desire to acquire future assets following the Terry Rozier trade. Due to the trades for Bradley Beal and Kevin Durant, Phoenix is unable to send a first-round pick in any deal. The veteran laden Suns also lack young, cost-controlled assets that are appealing to a rebuilding team like Charlotte. Any deal looks likely to involve former UNC Tar Heel Nassir Little in addition to a combination of second round picks. On the other hand, Charlotte is in a bind. Miles Bridges is playing on a one-year deal, has a no trade clause and significant off-court baggage which limits his trade market, the Hornets have little leverage. Despite Charlotte retaining Bridges bird-right in free agency and Bridges expressing his desire to stay, it is still possible he could walk for nothing. If the team aren't willing to pay his asking price or he gets his head turned elsewhere, Charlotte could be left empty-handed. Any discussion of Bridges' trade value has to come with the caveat of his off-court transgressions that transpired in 2022.

Bridges has maintained his spot in the starting line-up as trade rumors persist. In Wednesday night's game against the Chicago Bulls, Bridges put up a stat-line of 30 points, 15 rebounds, and five assists. A first in Hornets history.

Hornets almost have no chance so Bridges seems like he is Phoenix bound. I wish another team would step up and give a bit more to the Hornets but if Eddie Johnson approves - thats fine. Its a three month trade anyway

Personally, Little, another contract, a second round pick for Bridges. Suns would than be a player in the buyout market

Personally I think Tyus Jones makes more sense - but the cost would be higher.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,435

Post#35 » by dremill24 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:17 pm

Can they get him for the fake Spurs 2nd? :lol:
PhxLax
Junior
And1: 295

Post#36 » by PhxLax » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:19 pm

Stix wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:Imagine caring about off-field stuff in **** sports.

Right? If only we knew everything about our co-workers... a lot of you would be out of a job because you refuse to "support" their behavior.

:banghead: Exactly. Man, most of u here need to get off your silly high horse. Cringe "I'm wholesome" statements like "I can't watch the Suns if they get him, but if we DON'T get him then another champion team will get him" -or- "I can't root for him but I'll root for the Suns to win."

Like WTF does that mean? When Miles has the ball you wish he misses? But then want Suns to win?

It must be hard to play these mental games to justify your hate for pro athlete's off field issues. If only u knew how other players are acting off field. Look at the MILLION stories that come out (MJ, Magic, Rodman, Pippen) decades later about all the crazy secret **** they did that was never in the media.

But now everyone on their high horse playing wholesome man card with mental gymnastics to try to justify watching the Suns if he's on the team? Effing hilarious :D

One CAN walk and chew gum at the same time, you do understand this right?!?!

We can watch, root for, and wish success for the Suns and Bridges on the court because all that matters is Ws and Ls

We can also condemn the actions of his past, one for which he successfully completed his suspension and is on the path of fixing himself. And donate to women's organizations....

How many of you still listen to effing MICHAEL JACKSON music to this day? You know what he did to little boys?

Bring on BRIDGES. He's a beast on the court and off the bench he's gonna excel. This team got no dogs and bench is trash. Go cry me a river all you guys are effing silly :crazy:
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Stix » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:27 pm

In pure hindsight, I should've just changed my name to Eddie Johnson before I started to defend the Miles Bridges trade. :noway:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,939

Post#38 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:43 pm

Forget all the off the court stuff... Miles Bridges isn't a good fit next to 3 scorers because he is a high-usage player with meh defense and low basketball IQ.

The guy is having his best season on a tanking team and they basically don't care about wins/loses. Yesterday he was 3/16 from the field and he reminds me of Oubre and that's not a good compliment for winning basketball.

Then you can add that we can't sign him in the summer so not sure about losing assets (probably 3-4 2nds) for just three months from him.

Again, solid wing player but I wouldn't fear him on another Western playoffs team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,635

Post#39 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:52 pm

PhxLax wrote:
Stix wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:Imagine caring about off-field stuff in **** sports.

:banghead: Exactly. Man, most of u here need to get off your silly high horse. Cringe "I'm wholesome" statements like "I can't watch the Suns if they get him, but if we DON'T get him then another champion team will get him" -or- "I can't root for him but I'll root for the Suns to win."

Like WTF does that mean? When Miles has the ball you wish he misses? But then want Suns to win?

It must be hard to play these mental games to justify your hate for pro athlete's off field issues. If only u knew how other players are acting off field. Look at the MILLION stories that come out (MJ, Magic, Rodman, Pippen) decades later about all the crazy secret **** they did that was never in the media.

But now everyone on their high horse playing wholesome man card with mental gymnastics to try to justify watching the Suns if he's on the team? Effing hilarious :D

One CAN walk and chew gum at the same time, you do understand this right?!?!

We can watch, root for, and wish success for the Suns and Bridges on the court because all that matters is Ws and Ls

We can also condemn the actions of his past, one for which he successfully completed his suspension and is on the path of fixing himself. And donate to women's organizations....

How many of you still listen to effing MICHAEL JACKSON music to this day? You know what he did to little boys?

Bring on BRIDGES. He's a beast on the court and off the bench he's gonna excel. This team got no dogs and bench is trash. Go cry me a river all you guys are effing silly :crazy:

Hold the F——- up.. Michael Jackson didn’t do anything to little boys. The case was dismissed because the kids parents wanted a payday. Maybe like 3-5% believe MJ actually touched little boys but that number is definitely low so quit smearing MJ’s name in here like you understand his childhood and what he went through in life.

Btw, this is Stix second account it all makes sense now. What a dummy you’re lucky that you don’t live within a 5 mile radius near me.
PhxLax
Junior
And1: 295

Post#40 » by PhxLax » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:00 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Hold the F——- up.. Michael Jackson didn’t do anything to little boys. The case was dismissed because the kids parents wanted a payday. Maybe like 3-5% believe MJ actually touched little boys but that number is definitely low so quit smearing MJ’s name in here like you understand his childhood and what he went through in life.

Btw, this is Stix second account it all makes sense now. What a dumbazz you’re lucky that you don’t live within a 5 mile radius near me.

Looks like a PEDO enthusiast is threatening me. Did I read this correctly? I'm "lucky" I'm not near you? Lovely...

Return to Phoenix Suns