Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 5 - The Trade Deadline 

Post#61 » by Son of Ra » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:24 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
What he did was wrong for sure! Never lay your hands on a women! Also the ex-wife is a crazy psycho and should have been arrested a few times.

Ooohhhhh, we're getting closer to "She deserved it" :clown:

She didn't deserve it, no women does. But she also deserves her punishment and time. Breaking windows, stalking him, hitting him, etc. etc. Wish he stood still and called the cops on her for those behaviors vs what he did

Replying to this (derailing) topic a last time, I just wanted to say that I was surprised by your mature answer and while I strongly disagree on the Bridges to Suns stance I respect and agree with your reply.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,930

Post#62 » by Fo-Real » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:06 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:Ooohhhhh, we're getting closer to "She deserved it" :clown:

She didn't deserve it, no women does. But she also deserves her punishment and time. Breaking windows, stalking him, hitting him, etc. etc. Wish he stood still and called the cops on her for those behaviors vs what he did

Replying to this (derailing) topic a last time, I just wanted to say that I was surprised by your mature answer and while I strongly disagree on the Bridges to Suns stance I respect and agree with your reply.

:o progress!! +1 Fam!
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#63 » by Stix » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:39 pm

Just for the record, I only have one account on here.

I don't support, condone, or even really care what Miles Bridges or any other player does off the basketball court. It's not unprecedented for a player to have issues in their personal lives that don't pertain to their god-given physical traits, talents, and abilities to play basketball and/or be a good teammate. You can choose to turn a blind eye to certain names and then point out others.

As a fan of the Phoenix Suns for over 30 years, I just want to see this team succeed for once and get what it deserves. A championship. Off-court matters should not hold us back from obtaining a genuine young talent with undeniable physicality you can't teach or find on the buyout market. Sorry for all of you PJ Tucker(39yrs old) fans.

Miles Bridges moves the needle for this team more than anyone else we can get with our trade crumbs. Even putting aside his offensive capabilities (which are plentiful) he will help this team in many key areas that we sorely need, Rebounding, Rim Protection, and Depth. Yes, he is a tweener forward, but he is built like a wall and is quick on his feet. He has the ability to switch on 3/4 and protects the rim (3 blocks vs Chicago the other night). He is also a reliable rotation player and gives the team more depth when one of the "Big 3" go down.

I won't bring up Brad here. I've made it quite apparent of his shortcomings this season. Especially at the 3pt line. I mean he's great if we only played the Lakers every night, but obviously not the case. I do appreciate his playmaking and the assists but that's not his natural role and we should be getting way more from a player with an unmovable contract his size. To put in perspective he is making 25% more than Booker this year.

You can look at past championship teams and dynasties, they all had their enforcer. Rodman (if you really want to have fun, look into his off-court activities) Green, Artest, Horry, Bowen... etc. Everyone deserves a second chance even Miles (don't shoot me EJ said it too!). Let him be that guy for us, if be it for only half a season.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#64 » by Blonde » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:06 pm

Read on Twitter

So he’s not a very good player, and won’t exactly help us this year, but might be worth looking at for a cheap end of bench prospect ala Bol. Above average defense and passing but possibly the worst offensive PG in the league.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,279

Post#65 » by Slim Charless » Sun Feb 4, 2024 10:24 pm

Blonde wrote:
Read on Twitter

So he’s not a very good player, and won’t exactly help us this year, but might be worth looking at for a cheap end of bench prospect ala Bol. Above average defense and passing but possibly the worst offensive PG in the league.

Monty won't be doing us any favors. If he has any say at all, it'll be literally any other team in the league that Killian gets sent to.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#66 » by NapoleonII » Sun Feb 4, 2024 10:27 pm

Beal shooting 15/20 and 4/5 from three, 40+ points.

Apologize to the man.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,946

Post#67 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:16 am

Suns after 50 games last year:
• 25-25 record
• 114.1 offensive rating (16th)
• 113.7 defensive rating (13th)
• 0.4 Net Rating (17th)

Suns after 50 games this year:
• 29-21 record
• 120.0 offensive rating (7th)
• 115.9 defensive rating (15th)
• 4.1 Net Rating (9th)
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#68 » by garrick » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:31 am

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
What he did was wrong for sure! Never lay your hands on a women! Also the ex-wife is a crazy psycho and should have been arrested a few times.

Ooohhhhh, we're getting closer to "She deserved it" :clown:

Those are allegations and nothing is stopping Miles from requesting a restraining order to stop her from stalking him.

If she really was stalking him and breaking stuff I would imagine his bodyguards would put a stop to it and if not the police would be called but who really knows? I would just blame the person that already admitted their guilt in a court of law before casting judgement on allegations which haven't been proven yet.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Post#69 » by King4Day » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:42 am

Just returned from NY. Was at the Brooklyn game.
SO many Suns fans there but the Nets fans still drowned them out during the game. Was a fun experience. Got to say hi to Bloom and Kempton before the game as you can simply walk right past where they were setup when going to my seat.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about this team right now. Some games they look really good, others, not so much.
Offense is on fire when it's clicking, but our defense has been trash with no solution in sight. It seems we are hoping to outscore every team we play and that won't be easy when playing teams like the Clippers, Nuggets, Thunder, Kings, etc. (just in the West).

Even if we trade Little and picks for Bridges, I'm not sure he's enough to put us over the top.
I also don't like the move if we also don't make a trade to bring in salary with our trade exception since we'll lose Bridges (meaning Little's) contract and can no longer bring in that salary.

This will be an interesting deadline.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by Stix » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:12 am

NapoleonII wrote:Beal shooting 15/20 and 4/5 from three, 40+ points.

Apologize to the man.

Sorry. But, lets see him do it against a non G-league team, and in a place where he hasn't played a thousand times before?

Great game Glass, keep it up!

Also, can we stop using the mask as an excuse now?
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by Stix » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:16 am

:lol: I just love it... "See look! We told you Beal was good!" against the Bullets.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#72 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:56 am

Saberestar wrote:
Suns after 50 games last year:
• 25-25 record
• 114.1 offensive rating (16th)
• 113.7 defensive rating (13th)
• 0.4 Net Rating (17th)

Suns after 50 games this year:
• 29-21 record
• 120.0 offensive rating (7th)
• 115.9 defensive rating (15th)
• 4.1 Net Rating (9th)

Much better and much improved. I’d love to see Suns finish top 5 in offense and top 12-13 in defense. I knew going into the season we’d be top 5 in scoring and 10-15 in defense. Well, the scoring was slow from the start, but lately is picking up due to our pace increasing and our stars finally healthy.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Post#73 » by King4Day » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:05 am

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#74 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:47 pm

Can Royce O'Neal save our defense?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#75 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:10 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Can Royce O'Neal save our defense?
In the sense that if the suns can just play passable D down the stretch of games and let their O actually win... then yeah one more playable defender could actually make a big difference.

This team is never going to be awesome defensively but they need to not be terrible.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#76 » by BobbieL » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:15 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Can Royce O'Neal save our defense?

I would prefer him to Miles Bridges
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,946

Post#77 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:23 pm

One Bulls player who could be dealt, however, is center Andre Drummond who’s drawn trade interest from the Celtics, Mavericks, Lakers and Suns, league sources told HoopsHype. The Rockets also considered making a run at Drummond before acquiring Steven Adams.

Other teams to circle the wagon on Finney-Smith include the Bucks, Thunder, Suns and Kings, while O’Neale has drawn interest from the Mavericks, Nuggets, Pacers, Bucks, Timberwolves, Suns and Kings, per the New York Post.

With that in mind, Okoro is expected to draw interest at the trade deadline. The Knicks, Hawks, Pacers, Suns and Bucks are all teams to closely monitor as all are known to have interest in acquiring a two-way wing, league sources told HoopsHype.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-intel-lakers-celtics-bulls-cavs-mavs-nets-pistons-wizards-grizzlies-wolves/

So we are interested in Drummond, Okoro, Finney-Smith and Royce O'Neale.

I like specially Okoro. He is exactly "an athletic wing" that can help us on defense being good enough on offense.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#78 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:54 pm

I was going to make a Pam from the office meme post about Okoro and Okogie but I guess Isaac has shot the 3 ball better the past couple years. So maybe if the price is right.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#79 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:05 pm

Saberestar wrote:
One Bulls player who could be dealt, however, is center Andre Drummond who’s drawn trade interest from the Celtics, Mavericks, Lakers and Suns, league sources told HoopsHype. The Rockets also considered making a run at Drummond before acquiring Steven Adams.

Other teams to circle the wagon on Finney-Smith include the Bucks, Thunder, Suns and Kings, while O’Neale has drawn interest from the Mavericks, Nuggets, Pacers, Bucks, Timberwolves, Suns and Kings, per the New York Post.

With that in mind, Okoro is expected to draw interest at the trade deadline. The Knicks, Hawks, Pacers, Suns and Bucks are all teams to closely monitor as all are known to have interest in acquiring a two-way wing, league sources told HoopsHype.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-intel-lakers-celtics-bulls-cavs-mavs-nets-pistons-wizards-grizzlies-wolves/

I like specially Okoro. He is exactly "an athletic wing" that can help us on defense being good enough on offense.

Finney-Smith can go f- himself. Guy always runs his mouth too much about the Suns.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#80 » by Golanator » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:13 pm

Saberestar wrote:

Gambo with an "absolutely not" RE: Okoro on Twitter. Lol

Return to Phoenix Suns