Okeke please.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,815

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 5 - The Trade Deadline 

Post#82 » by BobbieL » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:07 pm

Golanator wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
One Bulls player who could be dealt, however, is center Andre Drummond who’s drawn trade interest from the Celtics, Mavericks, Lakers and Suns, league sources told HoopsHype. The Rockets also considered making a run at Drummond before acquiring Steven Adams.

Other teams to circle the wagon on Finney-Smith include the Bucks, Thunder, Suns and Kings, while O’Neale has drawn interest from the Mavericks, Nuggets, Pacers, Bucks, Timberwolves, Suns and Kings, per the New York Post.

With that in mind, Okoro is expected to draw interest at the trade deadline. The Knicks, Hawks, Pacers, Suns and Bucks are all teams to closely monitor as all are known to have interest in acquiring a two-way wing, league sources told HoopsHype.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-intel-lakers-celtics-bulls-cavs-mavs-nets-pistons-wizards-grizzlies-wolves/

So we are interested in Drummond, Okoro, Finney-Smith and Royce O'Neale.

I like specially Okoro. He is exactly "an athletic wing" that can help us on defense being good enough on offense.

Gambo with an "absolutely not" RE: Okoro on Twitter. Lol

Bridges, Drummond, O'Neal

those are the names I have been reading
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#83 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:09 pm

Andre Dummond is the ghost of Aytons future.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,637

Post#84 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:15 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
One Bulls player who could be dealt, however, is center Andre Drummond who’s drawn trade interest from the Celtics, Mavericks, Lakers and Suns, league sources told HoopsHype. The Rockets also considered making a run at Drummond before acquiring Steven Adams.

Other teams to circle the wagon on Finney-Smith include the Bucks, Thunder, Suns and Kings, while O’Neale has drawn interest from the Mavericks, Nuggets, Pacers, Bucks, Timberwolves, Suns and Kings, per the New York Post.

With that in mind, Okoro is expected to draw interest at the trade deadline. The Knicks, Hawks, Pacers, Suns and Bucks are all teams to closely monitor as all are known to have interest in acquiring a two-way wing, league sources told HoopsHype.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-intel-lakers-celtics-bulls-cavs-mavs-nets-pistons-wizards-grizzlies-wolves/

I like specially Okoro. He is exactly "an athletic wing" that can help us on defense being good enough on offense.

Finney-Smith can go f- himself. Guy always runs his mouth too much about the Suns.

What if Finney Smith is against F—- himself because it’s immoral and quite impossible to do so physically and mentally?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#85 » by sunsbg » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:24 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Okeke please.

Why ? His shooting numbers make Okogie look like an all star.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#86 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:29 pm

sunsbg wrote:

Not going to lie when I first read it I thought he was making a joke combining Okoro and Okogie into one guy.. I forgot Chuma Okeke existed.

But yeah he seems a little redundant with the other borderline dude who we wish shot better off the bench.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#87 » by sunsbg » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:40 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Not going to lie when I first read it I thought he was making a joke combining Okoro and Okogie into one guy.. I forgot Chuma Okeke existed.

But yeah he seems a little redundant with the other borderline dude who we wish shot better off the bench.

I have remembered the name but don't know anything about his game. Stats look worse than Okogie's though. Chuma means plague in my native language, so I don't want him on our injury prone team. Lol
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#88 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:44 pm

My opinion of the deadline is the suns have plenty of guys they hope/pray can give them 20 minutes in an important game, if they trade any of their limited assets it needs to be a guy they KNOW can give them those 20 or so minutes.

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#89 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:48 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Finney-Smith can go f- himself. Guy always runs his mouth too much about the Suns.

What if Finney Smith is against F—- himself because it’s immoral and quite impossible to do so physically and mentally?

:lol:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,942

Post#90 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:08 pm

Jake Fischer

And while Phoenix has indicated a willingness to add Josh Okogie into a package of Nassir Little and two second-round picks for Bridges, sources said, Charlotte remains hopeful it can generate a first-round pick in return for Bridges.

If not, Charlotte now has the upcoming cap space to re-sign Bridges, and getting the swingman on a multi-year deal would surely increase his trade value next season.

The fact Bridges is playing this 2023-24 campaign on a one-year qualifying offer not only affords Bridges veto power in any trade, but dealing him elsewhere would squander Bridges’ Bird rights, preventing any team that acquired him before Thursday to re-sign him this summer if it is going to be over the salary cap on June 30. So there may even be stronger options for Charlotte to move Bridges as a sign-and-trade candidate this summer as well.

I would hate to lose Okogie, I like him on the rotation.

Edit:
Okogie has veto power in any trade to protect his early bird rights, just throwing it out there.

Read on Twitter
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#91 » by Frank Lee » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:16 pm

You gotta keep Okogie. We don’t have but a few dogs on this squad. Ones with teeth anyway.

This is a situation where Jones may be at his best…. doing nothing… which is truly the safest thing to do. The King of Ineptitude.
I don’t like the %s when Junkyard gets to thinking

But… I can see theMadMatter jumping in and forcing a Bridges deal. We sure won’t be too hard to outbid in any deal if it comes to that.
Perhaps we have the inside Spartan track to make it happen. Read something where Bridges can veto trades? Right up our alley.

Our rusty bag of nails isn’t going to produce a sack of shiny new screws anyways. Bridges is certainly the most talent we can obtain for the squalor we have to offer.

I’ve no opinion on his past. Doesn’t matter. Kind of think everybody gets a second chance if they approach things right. That’s the sales pitch wherever he goes.

PS… after reading the bird right scenario above… i doesn’t make any sense to get him if he is gone next yr… other than a salary dump of Little. Not surprised they’d just sluff off JO in the process. Eventually, these minimum wagers will catch on. Hope Charlotte realizes he has more value keeping him. They already weathered the black eye syndrome.

Again…. Just do nothing Jones.
What ? Me Worry ?
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,815

Post#92 » by BobbieL » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:56 pm

Saberestar wrote:Jake Fischer

And while Phoenix has indicated a willingness to add Josh Okogie into a package of Nassir Little and two second-round picks for Bridges, sources said, Charlotte remains hopeful it can generate a first-round pick in return for Bridges.

If not, Charlotte now has the upcoming cap space to re-sign Bridges, and getting the swingman on a multi-year deal would surely increase his trade value next season.

The fact Bridges is playing this 2023-24 campaign on a one-year qualifying offer not only affords Bridges veto power in any trade, but dealing him elsewhere would squander Bridges’ Bird rights, preventing any team that acquired him before Thursday to re-sign him this summer if it is going to be over the salary cap on June 30. So there may even be stronger options for Charlotte to move Bridges as a sign-and-trade candidate this summer as well.

I would hate to lose Okogie, I like him on the rotation.

Edit:
Okogie has veto power in any trade to protect his early bird rights, just throwing it out there.

Read on Twitter

Just walk away Suns
Bridges probably doesn't want to lose his bird rights either

Can the Suns get TJ McConnell for Little Yuta and a 2nd rounder?

And I get he has been terrible and hasn't played since November 27 but if Tucker is bought out - bring him in or another buyout candidate.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#93 » by RaisingArizona » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:53 am

Frank Lee wrote:You gotta keep Okogie. We don’t have but a few dogs on this squad. Ones with teeth anyway.

This is a situation where Jones may be at his best…. doing nothing… which is truly the safest thing to do. The King of Ineptitude.

But… I can see theMadMatter jumping in and forcing a Bridges deal. We sure won’t be too hard to outbid in any deal if it comes to that.
Perhaps we have the inside Spartan track to make it happen. Read something where Bridges can veto trades? Right up our alley.

Our rusty bag of nails isn’t going to produce a sack of shiny new screws anyways. Bridges is certainly the most talent we can obtain for the squalor we have to offer.

I’ve no opinion on his past. Doesn’t matter. Kind of think everybody gets a second chance if they approach things right. That’s the sales pitch wherever he goes.

PS… after reading the bird right scenario above… i doesn’t make any sense to get him if he is gone next yr… other than a salary dump of Little. Not surprised they’d just sluff off JO in the process. Eventually, these minimum wagers wil>...

His MO besides adding TOrrey Craig
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#94 » by Stix » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:35 am

If no on Bridges, then fully expecting JJ to find a way to bring back Torrey Craig and maybe Andre Drummond in the process. Not sure why Bulls brass think they can compete. Seems like they should be having a fire sale of their own right about now.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#95 » by garrick » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:55 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:You gotta keep Okogie. We don’t have but a few dogs on this squad. Ones with teeth anyway.

PS… after reading the bird right scenario above… i doesn’t make any sense to get him if he is gone next yr… other than a salary dump of Little. Not surprised they’d just sluff off JO in the process. Eventually, these minimum wagers wil>...

His MO besides adding TOrrey Craig

JJ's only benefit is being a damper on Mat's wildest trade proposals but that certainly hasn't seemed to have stopped Mat Ishbia any from giving up any sort of future flexibility. :lol:

Don't be surprised if we do something stupid like trade the draft rights of our next 1st round pick for some washed up vet on draft night.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#96 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:56 am

Trading for Craig a 3rd time would be hilarious.

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,732

Post#97 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:16 am

Golanator wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Gambo with an "absolutely not" RE: Okoro on Twitter. Lol

Not really surprising considering the contemptous relationship between Ishbia and Gilbert!! they're hardcore competitive rivals that basically loathe one another. So no Cavs player is a realistic possibility for us. :-?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,732

Post#98 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:21 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Trading for Craig a 3rd time would be hilarious.

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#99 » by garrick » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:38 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Trading for Craig a 3rd time would be hilarious.

https://www.nba.com/news/suns-pacers-trade-smith-craig

I mean that trade is just infuriating because we had to give up Stix who is looking like a really productive player on limited minutes on the Pacers. Imagine if we had Stix on our roster right now he would be an immense upgrade from any of the forwards we have on the roster right now.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,728

Post#100 » by Revived » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:20 am

Royce O’Neal’s numbers do not look all that impressive. And he’s undersized for a SF. I think I’d pass tbh would rather keep the second round pick. Not a big upgrade over KBD even.

Return to Phoenix Suns