ImageImageImage

Game 51: Milwaukee Bucks (33-17) @ Phoenix Suns (29-21) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which ex Suns players will you cheer for most?

Crowder
No votes
Payne
36%
R. Lopez
7%
Neither- they are all enemies
57%

Total votes: 14

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Re: Game 51: Milwaukee Bucks (33-17) @ Phoenix Suns (29-21) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT l AZFamily 

Post#161 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:17 am

The story of this game in two words:

TOO EASY.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Re: Game 51: Milwaukee Bucks (33-17) @ Phoenix Suns (29-21) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT l AZFamily 

Post#162 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:22 am

Saberestar wrote:The story of this game in two words:

TOO EASY.

sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Post#163 » by sunsbg » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:31 am

Wish the win came with Dame playing, but it's still all about improving the chemistry and morale so any win is great.
Boujack
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#164 » by Boujack » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:51 am

Another game with Bol Bol as our best 6th man.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#165 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:13 am

Boujack wrote:Another game with Bol Bol as our best 6th man.

ImageImageImage
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#166 » by Stix » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:46 pm

This is an L if Dame plays, but I like what I am seeing now with the chemistry of Big 3. Beal is fine, just wish he would start draining his threes. I hope he doesn't shoot like this in post season.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#167 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:07 pm

Stix wrote:This is an L if Dame plays, but I like what I am seeing now with the chemistry of Big 3. Beal is fine, just wish he would start draining his threes. I hope he doesn't shoot like this in post season.
As someone who's followed the bucks closely this year I'm not as confident they win with Dame as you are. He's been a mixed bag as a Buck.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#168 » by Frank Lee » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:10 pm

Golanator wrote:I'll take the dub but it wasn't pretty at all. Good to see Beal bounce back from a rough 1st half.

Book went 0/2 in the 4th quarter. Weird but he's been invisible in the 4th's lately.

Not sure if I’m a fan of the book rotation
He plays the entire 1st then sits till about the 6 minute mark of the second and the same for the 3rd and 4th. By the time he comes back in the 4th, the chuckfest is on. It seems set in stone no matter what is going on on the court. This coach has no feel for the game. He Doesnt Coach

Disappointing how our best shooter, Allen, is an afterthought on offense. Runs to the corner then watches KD and Book play hero. Was particularly pizzed last night as i had Allen scoring 10 as the last leg on a chunky parlay. But just try to get the ball from the big three slingers. One fn bucket is all… and i dont think he touched the ball but once in the last 4-5 minutes. And if so it was just to bail out a failed ISO play… only to restart another.

Is there is an offensive plan other than here Book, here KD, see if you can score?… especially late. Add Beal to the mix and you can count on him shooting if he is lucky enough to get the ball. I get it, superstars and all, but neither KD or DB has good handles and are prone to sloppiness when they get thwarted by double teams. Doesnt help that they jack off 18 seconds of the shot clock. I swear it seems premeditated, especially by Book…. Dribble off the ticks then have to shoot a contested shot.

Gonna have to live with it though. ISO currently is our go to weapon with this coach. Dont think it will be effective enough in the playoffs when things get ratcheted up
What ? Me Worry ?
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#169 » by Golanator » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:17 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
Golanator wrote:I'll take the dub but it wasn't pretty at all. Good to see Beal bounce back from a rough 1st half.

Book went 0/2 in the 4th quarter. Weird but he's been invisible in the 4th's lately.

He plays the entire 1st then sits till about the 6 minute mark of the second and the same for the 3rd and 4th. By the time he comes back in the 4th, the chuckfest is on. It seems set in stone no matter what is going on on the court. This coach has no feel for the game. He Doesnt Coach

Disappointing how our best shooter, Allen, is an afterthought on offense. Runs to the corner then watches KD and Book play hero. Was particularly pizzed last night as i had Allen scoring 10 as the last leg on a chunky parlay. But just try to get the ball from the big three slingers. One fn bucket is all… and i dont think he touched the ball but once in the last 4-5 minutes. And if so it was just to bail out a failed ISO play… only to restart another.

Is there is an offensive plan other than here Book, here KD, see if you can score?… especially late. Add Beal to the mix and you can count on him shooting if he is lucky enough to get the ball. I get it, superstars and all, but neither KD or DB has good handles and are prone to sloppiness when they get thwarted by double teams. Doesnt help that they jack off 18 seconds of the shot clock. I swear it seems premeditated, especially by Book…. Dribble off the ticks then have to shoot a contested shot.

Gonna have to live with it though. ISO currently is our go to weapon with this coach. Dont think it will be effective enough in the playoffs when things get ratcheted up

Agree with basically everything you said. We never run any plays, it's all ISO.

We still get efficient offense out of it most of the time because of how good our players are but it's not going to get us far in the postseason.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#170 » by Stix » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:33 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Stix wrote:This is an L if Dame plays, but I like what I am seeing now with the chemistry of Big 3. Beal is fine, just wish he would start draining his threes. I hope he doesn't shoot like this in post season.
As someone who's followed the bucks closely this year I'm not as confident they win with Dame as you are. He's been a mixed bag as a Buck.

If you say so, but they went cold when Giannis was out. Might've been a wash with his D, but even so not a convincing win with Lopez also out.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#171 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:51 pm

Stix wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

If you say so, but they went cold when Giannis was out. Might've been a wash with his D, but even so not a convincing win with Lopez also out.
Dames shooting has been down, he's only shooting .07 better from 3 than your boy Beal.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#172 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:55 pm

Frank Lee wrote:

They say with coaching you're either teaching them to do it or allowing it to happen so the clogged toilet O at the end of games is on Frank and his staff.

Stop wasting 15 seconds before you do anything. Run some Spain P&R with Booker, Beal, and KD.

Some ISO is fine and normal at the end of games but it can't be the only thing you do for 5 minutes.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#173 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:50 pm

dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Honestly the best guy to defend Lopez shooting 3s might be Bol.

Why is this, exactly?

Well, it's almost impossible to guard a 7 footer shooting 3s, but a 7'8 wingspan helps. I mean, he's not a great defender or anything but who else would you suggest? KD has a long one too but I would put him on Giannis.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,435

Post#174 » by dremill24 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:55 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Honestly the best guy to defend Lopez shooting 3s might be Bol.

Why is this, exactly?

Well, it's almost impossible to guard a 7 footer shooting 3s, but a 7'8 wingspan helps. I mean, he's not a great defender or anything but who else would you suggest? KD has a long one too but I would put him on Giannis.

Its just a kind of reductive way to look at defense. I mean if Brook is standing still at the 3pt lime and Bol is just standing in front of him and neither is reacting to anything else on the floor then sure. Otherwise I'd say theres more to it then that.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#175 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:58 pm

dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
Why is this, exactly?

Its just a kind of reductive way to look at defense. I mean if Brook is standing still at the 3pt lime and Bol is just standing in front of him and neither is reacting to anything else on the floor then sure. Otherwise I'd say theres more to it then that.

I agree, but if they have lineups with like Giannis, Portis and Brook, we could use him some for length and maybe rebounding, plus he can shoot 3s.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#176 » by Fifii » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:57 pm

I would like to see this game when everybody was preset.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#177 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:26 pm

Fifii wrote:I would like to see this game when everybody was preset.

No freaking way! I want every team with injuries so we can finally win our first title. Nobody feels sorry when we have a million of injuries, therefore I don’t feel sorry too. I hope every team misses their best players due to horrific injuries so my Suns can win a title and I can party in downtown like it’s 1985.

Return to Phoenix Suns