Bradley Beal
75%

Total votes: 28

sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,452

CP3 or Beal? 

Post#1 » by sasquatchBob » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:24 am

Who would you rather have in this teams setting. Taking into consideration contracts and everything else.

Don't get me wrong I think Beal is a great player. But think about what we're missing. Every 4th quarter we're playing stupid basketball. I think that even at this stage in his career Chris Paul could masterfuly feed KD and Booker. He's exactly the player that we're missing. Beal is worse version of Booker. Why have 2 of them? I know CP3 gets injured all the time. But then again Beal also.

I think that in playoff setting we would be much better off with CP3 than Beal. We dont need more scoring. We need levelheadedness (no idea if I wrote this word correct :D). Booker is trying to be CP3, props to him. But there's no way he'll ever be anything close to that. I honestly think CP3 might be even better than Nash. He just knows what to do. This team does not know what to do. We need someone to lead us.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Re: CP3 or Beal? 

Post#2 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:30 am

Right now in 2024? Beal and it's not particularly close.

I love CP but he's 38 and yeah he could run an O but he's a target on D at this point in his career.

And they will need Beals scoring in the playoffs, as we saw last year it can't be ALL Booker and KD.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by sasquatchBob » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:35 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Right now in 2024? Beal and it's not particularly close.

I love CP but he's 38 and yeah he could run an O but he's a target on D at this point in his career.

And they will need Beals scoring in the playoffs, as we saw last year it can't be ALL Booker and KD.

Don't you think we're a more balanced team with CP3 though?

Edit:
This team is outscore opponent and hope for the best. And without a point guard we have seen that a lot of times we can't even outscore

Edit 2
Obviously at this point in their careers Beal is a better player. But think about the fit.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#4 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:48 am

sasquatchBob wrote:

Edit:
This team is outscore opponent and hope for the best. And without a point guard we have seen that a lot of times we can't even outscore

Edit 2
Obviously at this point in their careers Beal is a better player. But think about the fit.

I don’t know I have no idea what to tell you. I’m just at a loss for words and can’t comprehend what is going on around this team. I feel numb to the point I may get dizzy, tip over and fall. Maybe someone else has better answer or solution but at this particular moment I don’t have much to say on this subject.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by sasquatchBob » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:54 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:

Edit:

Edit 2

I don’t know I have no idea what to tell you. I’m just at a loss for words and can’t comprehend what is going on around this team. I feel numb to the point I may get dizzy, tip over and fall. Maybe someone else has better answer or solution but at this particular moment I don’t have much to say on this subject.

Making fun of me, eh? :D
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#6 » by Blonde » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:57 am

Beal without thinking twice. I don’t think there’s a real argument otherwise. Paul next to useless off the ball these days. This roster is much more versatile with a big 3 who can all seamlessly play on/off ball without ego.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#7 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:30 am

sasquatchBob wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:

Edit:

Edit 2

Making fun of me, eh? :D

Are you serious? I’m just being silly in my own way has nothing to do with your post brother.

But to answer your question, I would choose Beal today and CP3 back in 2021. Simply because Beal can score unlike Paul these days who has no lift on his jumpshot as we’ve all seen what happens when Book and Kd gets doubled teamed. I miss Chris Paul and thankful for everything he has brought to our organization, but we need Beal for this year alone.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#8 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:12 am

CP is so beyond washed and the Suns overall salary/cap situation would be pretty much the same with his salary that this shouldn't even be a question. Not sure what to tell people who are still hating on Beal - I guess they just don't fully comprehend the situation and the alternative, as we have gone over this 100+1 times, in detail, with factual cap stuff and whatever else.
I'm outy, maybe BW will pop in and tell you the same in a lenghtier, more detailed post as he has done countless times in the past.
# waiting for the next chapter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Post#9 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:40 am

Will always appreciate CP3 for helping and in many ways, leading us back to NBA prominence. But there is no comparison.

Now if the question is Beal or 2-3 high level starters/role players who will likely be healthy and contribute in the playoffs, I'd seriously have to think about it.

In the NBA the hardest thing to acquire is talent. We have that in Beal as well as fit and upside
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Post#10 » by sunsbg » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:42 am

The timing of this question is odd after Beal's latest play. Wouldn't be surprised to see it if he gets injured again and misses another 20 games. The good thing is to my knowledge there is no indication the back issue is chronic as it doesn't appear to bother him during games.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#11 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:18 am

sunsbg wrote:The timing of this question is odd after Beal's latest play. Wouldn't be surprised to see it if he gets injured again and misses another 20 games. The good thing is to my knowledge there is no indication the back issue is chronic as it doesn't appear to bother him during games.

Given the history of our front office being intentionally (and frustratingly) vague, any injury could be 20 games or one game "rest". Just never know with this front office
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 674

Post#12 » by Hitachi77 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:13 am

I mean, CP3 falling off suddenly is what ruined this team. Prime CP3 with Booker and KD would basically be a favorite against any team in history but the KD Warriors. But after game 2 vs the Mavs he lost nearly everything that made him special.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#13 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:43 am

What? Is this a serious question in 2024?
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,001

Post#14 » by kennydorglas » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:49 pm

Lol who's crazy enough to vote for cp3 now?
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,094

Post#15 » by garrick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:28 pm

You would be crazy to want 38 year old CP3.

If both were the same age then I take CP3 every time though. The man is a future hall of famer it's just a shame we only got him on the tail end of his career.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,080

Post#16 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:37 pm

Stupid to make this question now as CP looks pretty much done. At least Beal will probably play a few more years. Still crazy overpaid.

I'd take 21/22 CP3 over Beal for sure though.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,930

Post#17 » by Fo-Real » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:14 pm

Last years playoffs, CP3 was a complete defensive liability and we had to have someone else bring the ball up the court because he was able to be hounded into stalling us getting into a play.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#18 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:31 pm

kennydorglas wrote:Lol who's crazy enough to vote for cp3 now?

Probably who set up the thread and the dude who was still hating on Beal after his good play, but during his mask-induced shooting slump, even though BW repeatedly shut him down with cold hard facts... Dunno who it is, too lazy to look it up.
# waiting for the next chapter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:32 pm

I loved CP3, but he's washed. CP3 did more for Book, Bridges, etc, and the team, changing the mentality, etc, and the version of him the first couple of years we had him was more important than Beal. But midway through the Dallas series, he somehow was done after game 2. Injured his hip or whatever and was never the same. Sure he can pass but he lost his midrange game....can't move like that anymore, so he resorts to 3s but isn't a good shooter. No one guards him.

So at this point, Beal in a landslide.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#20 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:18 am

Bogyo wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:Lol who's crazy enough to vote for cp3 now?

Probably who set up the thread and the dude who was still hating on Beal after his good play, but during his mask-induced shooting slump, even though BW repeatedly shut him down with cold hard facts... Dunno who it is, too lazy to look it up.

Stix I believe

Return to Phoenix Suns