ImageImageImage

Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Grade the Royle O’Neale/Roddy trade

A+
5%
A-
21%
B+
26%
B-
26%
C+
16%
C-
5%
D
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 19

DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Re: Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#241 » by DirtyDez » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:46 am

KD stole a game check tonight.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Re: Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#242 » by RaisingArizona » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:47 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Not fun whatsoever for me. I was planning to go clubbing now I might just hit a gay bar, cause I’m feeling depressed. Curry just had to make that three, huh?

And the Yotes blew a 4-2 lead. My life!

I had no idea you were a Yotes fan thought you were joking around. I used to watch 2/3rd of games on FS but now the games aren’t being shown. What am I supposed to do?

Pm me. I figured it out.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#243 » by Stix » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:55 am

Once again, Brad Beal shows up when we really need him. :roll:
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#244 » by Stix » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:28 am

46 mil for 15 points, 1-4 from 3pt... and lock down D on Curry. How could you not be happy with that?

Edit: oh wait, i forgot he is wearing the mask. I forgot. He has that excuse when he plays bad, but not when he is playing a crappy team,
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,421

Post#245 » by mkot » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:51 am

Stix wrote:Once again, Brad Beal shows up when we really need him. :roll:

Beal is who he is. Playing for a losing team for years never give him much opportunities to develop good/winning habit and learn how to make winning plays. That was a very low BBIQ play at that moment.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Post#246 » by sunsbg » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:03 am

They better analyse what went wrong and how to fix it as with our schedule there is a good chance this is one of the play in matchups. We better win both of coming games vs Kings and Mavs. The Lakers game at the end of the month is super important too.

Also how is Vogel considered a good D coach when he'll not even put a defensive player in place of EG in such situation. Forgot against which team, but I think we lost another game when Allen hurt his knee, was still left in the game instead of subbing out for Okogie and the other team's best scorer took advantage against him. Vogel just looks like a very mediocre coach.
mikea7
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#247 » by mikea7 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:22 am

sunsbg wrote:They better analyse what went wrong and how to fix it as with our schedule there is a good chance this is one of the play in matchups. We better win both of coming games vs Kings and Mavs. The Lakers game at the end of the month is super important too.

Also how is Vogel considered a good D coach when he'll not even put a defensive player in place of EG in such situation. Forgot against which team, but I think we lost another game when Allen hurt his knee, was still left in the game instead of subbing out for Okogie and the other team's best scorer took advantage against him. Vogel just looks like a very mediocre coach.

I hope to be proven wrong, but I think they're losing 2 out of those 3 games. They're just not good enough to beat anything close to elite teams regularly.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#248 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:27 am

Why's Beal guarding Curry?

Okogie? ONeal?

Vogel defensive genius?
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 674

Post#249 » by Hitachi77 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:05 am

mikea7 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:They better analyse what went wrong and how to fix it as with our schedule there is a good chance this is one of the play in matchups. We better win both of coming games vs Kings and Mavs. The Lakers game at the end of the month is super important too.

I hope to be proven wrong, but I think they're losing 2 out of those 3 games. They're just not good enough to beat anything close to elite teams regularly.

I mean, they recently blew out both the Lakers and Mavs in their building.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#250 » by sunsbg » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:24 am

mikea7 wrote:

Won't surprise me at all. Lakers and Mavs are on the rise, putting 80 point halves, the later last night against a good defensive OKC team. Mavs are a contender now after the trades they made. Kings are a bit unpredictable, blowing out or being blown out quite often. We would be 0-3 against them barring a miracle comeback win.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#251 » by Puff » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:51 am

Why didn't our CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSIVE GENIUS HEAD COACH NOT PUT OKOGIE ON CURRY FOR THAT WINNING SHOT HE MADE.

WHY DID HE PLAY BOL BOL OVER OKOGIE AGAINST THIS TEAM?

Oh wait, we did dominate this 4rh quarter 30 to 29.

Our coach and the big three must get much better if we are to have the expected results that Ishy an Jones have been selling.

I actually liked the effort but hated the idea of just throw it to KD and everything will be ok. That is our offense.

NOT IMPRESSED - WITH ALL THE FOOKING MONEY WE SPENT ON THREE STARS - WE SHOULD RARELY EVER LOSE A 4TH FOOKING QUARTER. IT IS NOW THE NORM.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#252 » by Bogyo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:28 am

Puff wrote:Why didn't our CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSIVE GENIUS HEAD COACH NOT PUT OKOGIE ON CURRY FOR THAT WINNING SHOT HE MADE.

WHY DID HE PLAY BOL BOL OVER OKOGIE AGAINST THIS TEAM?

Oh wait, we did dominate this 4rh quarter 30 to 29.

Our coach and the big three must get much better if we are to have the expected results that Ishy an Jones have been selling.

I actually liked the effort but hated the idea of just throw it to KD and everything will be ok. That is our offense.

NOT IMPRESSED - WITH ALL THE FOOKING MONEY WE SPENT ON THREE STARS - WE SHOULD RARELY EVER LOSE A 4TH FOOKING QUARTER. IT IS NOW THE NORM.

I think they are convinced that they are too cool for school. They will turn it on in the playoffs and whatnot. That will not be enough.
(And I get it how its a job where you cant get up to 100% effort and good results for every game, even the Jordan Bulls didn't. But what these dudes are pulling is straight up f*ckery.)
# waiting for the next chapter
Iceman36
Sophomore
And1: 311

Post#253 » by Iceman36 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:31 am

Just finished.

Second game loss on Eric Gorden by not shooting an complete open three with 3 seconds left! Grrrrrrr
Iceman36
Sophomore
And1: 311

Post#254 » by Iceman36 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:28 am

What also bothered me was the kind of physicality the warriors were allowed to play on defense. Also handchecking and constant moving screens. If we would play that way, we couldn't finish any game because of nearly all players fouling out. That was ridicoulous from the first second of the game on.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game with played defense like the W's did today, but it has to be allowed to any team in the league. But it isn't! If it is only allowed special teams, I do not wonder GS has the 4. best D the last couple of games.

Shout out at the league: Just let teams play more hard, real defense and let the officials rule it for all the same way.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#255 » by sunsbg » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:46 am

Iceman36 wrote:Just finished.

Second game loss on Eric Gorden by not shooting an complete open three with 3 seconds left! Grrrrrrr

Yes, if he's not going to shoot it in such situation than don't play him at end of games as he's not there for defensive purposes for sure.

A lot of questionable decisions by Vogel. If someone finds any logic to play Eubanks and Bol together while GS had Saric and four small players on the court at start of 4th, I can't. Clearly Royce should've been on the floor. Suns had KD and Beal and couldn't take advantage against bench players. No good screen was set on two final possessions to try get an open look. I guess the idea was our ISO beloving stars to draw a foul rather than take an open shot. Genius coaching indeed.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#256 » by Saberestar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:28 am

We had it, it was a tough and great W but Curry made a ridiculous long shot. Props to him, he was the player of the game.

We played well but the GSW gave his all knowing that they need to start winning ganes to fight for the playoffs so it was a game with extra pressure.

Book was great in the 4th, the **** Curry was even better...to the next one.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,001

Post#257 » by kennydorglas » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:39 pm

What really bothers me is just trying to bail out games on talent alone.
We really dont make it easy for everyone, all buckets need to be super contested.

GSW had open shots all game long, we were just lucky they missed A LOT.
We cant execute ANYTHING, its just seems they're streetballing in a random court.

Of course with the type of talent we currently have, they'll bail us out most of nights.
But if we cant play structured on both ends and we literally cant play TOUGH, this team will be a nice cinderella story all over again.

PS: about curry's shot, my main beef is actually with KD not stepping up to contest the shot (he was guarding **** Draymond).
Beal only gambled bc it was such a poor pass (okogie probably intercepts that tho, another one for books for our defensive guru).
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#258 » by Frank Lee » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:34 pm

DirtyDez wrote:KD stole a game check tonight.

Curry…. True superstar
Durant… stat superstar

The Grim Sleeper was at his lackadaisical best tonight.

And Vogel??? A glorified assistant.
Why not Bol or KD on the inbounder? Length. Book was non factor. And Okogie on Curry…. Watch it again and see who IS initially on Mr TrueSuperstargamewinner and makes little effort to navigate a rub screen…Our boy the SnoozerStar. Beal pulled the classic go for the interception but give up a touchdown….but he was coming off another player cutting through traffic. Actually Gordan was the impedance. Kerr drew up a nice one.

And i believe we had a foul to give.

Young ought to rewatch GStates inbound plays as i believe they smoked us for a dunk on another one.

Another loss chalked up to effort, execution, and game management
What ? Me Worry ?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#259 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:44 pm

The Warriors were what we thought they were who we played in preseason. Who the hell takes the third game in the preseason like it’s ****** We played them the third game, everybody played four quarters. The Warriors are who we thought they were..That’s why we took the damn court. If you want to crown them, then crown their ****** But they are who we thought they were. And we let them off the hook.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,080

Post#260 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:19 pm

For the people complaining about most of us being negative, it's because they sold us this team as a contender and they are far from it.

They built a team that has a 2 year window MAX and then it's going to be SO **** BAD FOR SO MANY YEARS. They better win a ring otherwise it will all be for nothing. And we'll probably lose Booker as well. So yeah, unless they play like a true contender we will be pissed off.

As others said, it's about expectations.

Return to Phoenix Suns