ImageImageImage

Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Grade the Royle O’Neale/Roddy trade

A+
5%
A-
21%
B+
26%
B-
26%
C+
16%
C-
5%
D
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 19

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Re: Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#261 » by HiRez » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:08 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:I was planning to go clubbing now I might just hit a gay bar, cause I’m feeling depressed.

Your logic is...shall I say...curious? :-?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,635

Re: Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#262 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:44 pm

HiRez wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:I was planning to go clubbing now I might just hit a gay bar, cause I’m feeling depressed.

Your logic is...shall I say...curious? :-?

:lol:
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#263 » by Fifii » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:33 pm

We lose because , they played on high level energy ( especially Green ) and still we was close to win this match.

Beal played bad , he was unseen all the game. Devin excellent , KD hasn’t been himself. In Nurkic head was Green and he was focused on this matchup than team. Grayson played a little worse than usually. I’m positively surprised game by Bol Bol and Okogie. They are gave good substitutions.

Shoot by Stephen was incredible , but we have ball and + 2 we should make a shoot and close this game. Our fault was the deciding.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#264 » by NapoleonII » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:25 pm

Not too worried.

Drinking the koolaid, maybe, but in a 7 game series, with both sides allowed to play defense, we take this in 5 or 6.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#265 » by bigfoot » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:43 pm

17-7 record over the past 24 games. Big three have played together a bunch during that stretch and the Suns would be sitting on top of the western conference if they had been healthy most of the season. I'll start worrying in late April.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,877

Post#266 » by Jammer » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:44 pm

Not a member of your board, but I just feel this should be said after watching the Golden State Game on Feb. 10.

Bradley Beal made one of the absolute DUMBEST PLAYS I've ever seen to lose the game for Phoenix.

With just over 3 seconds on the clock, Golden State down 2, a ball is thrown behind Steph Curry who is well behind the 3 point line.

Instead of just bodying up to Curry while Curry has to go get the pass behind him, which would basically put Steph in Jail with practically no time on the clock, Beal went for the steal, passing Curry, allowing Curry, who grabbed the ball, to spin around and drain a wide open 3 for the win.

Absolutely Brainless. Beal ain't no rookie, you don't expect to see DUMB plays by veterans.

Phoenix should have won that game. That was a clear error by Beal with no logic behind it.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#267 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:46 pm

Jammer wrote:Not a member of your board, but I just feel this should be said after watching the Golden State Game on Feb. 10.

Bradley Beal made one of the absolute DUMBEST PLAYS I've ever seen to lose the game for Phoenix.

With just over 3 seconds on the clock, Golden State down 2, a ball is thrown behind Steph Curry who is well behind the 3 point line.

Instead of just bodying up to Curry while Curry has to go get the pass behind him, which would basically put Steph in Jail with practically no time on the clock, Beal went for the steal, passing Curry, allowing Curry, who grabbed the ball, to spin around and drain a wide open 3 for the win.

Absolutely Brainless. Beal ain't no rookie, you don't expect to see DUMB plays by veterans.

Phoenix should have won that game. That was a clear error by Beal with no logic behind it.
This team is not very smart or careful.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,620

Post#268 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:54 pm

Great game. Not a bad loss...a competitive one to learn from. But GS, a team that won the championship less than 2 years ago with the same players, had won 5 out of their last 6 coming into this and Kuminga has been breaking out the last few weeks. So being on the road, it would have been a great win to get, but this loss isn't too bothersome...we've had a bunch of bad ones to bad teams or completely blowing things, but this was a competitive game start to finish.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#269 » by Frank Lee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:02 pm

Whoops
What ? Me Worry ?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#270 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:10 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:For the people complaining about most of us being negative, it's because they sold us this team as a contender and they are far from it.

They built a team that has a 2 year window MAX and then it's going to be SO **** BAD FOR SO MANY YEARS. They better win a ring otherwise it will all be for nothing. And we'll probably lose Booker as well. So yeah, unless they play like a true contender we will be pissed off.

As others said, it's about expectations.
My take is this team can be annoying so I get frustration posts but frankly this boards vibes have been poor for a long time. I don't know if it was the decade of losing or Ayton/Luka fights but this fan base is more catty than other teams I follow.

Personally I don't really get the obsessive doom and gloom for like 3-5 years from now. Like 90% entire **** league turns over every 3 years so seems pointless to try to predict this doom and gloom.

But hey peeps can fan however they want. When it gets too bad I just don't even check this board and I imagine I'm not the only "optimist' type to do so.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#271 » by Frank Lee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:18 pm

I think the ‘vibe’ was explained properly by Calvin in another thread.

Summary….
Expectations sold > results observed
What ? Me Worry ?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#272 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:55 pm

Frank Lee wrote:I think the ‘vibe’ was explained properly by Calvin in another thread.

Summary….
Expectations sold > results observed
Problem is like 2/3 of what's left on this board have copied your style. :)

Again I totally get some of it. I'm a pretty optimistic sports fan and this current squad gets under my skin at times. So I really do get if you're someone who's predisposed to negativity how you end up howling on here. It's why I didn't even open this board for a while early season. I have no desire to engage in bitchyness no matter if it's justified.

The thing I don't get is the peeps who get all worked up about what this team will look like in like 2029 or some ****. So god damn much will happen across the league by then it's pointless to get all sad about it now.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#273 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 pm

Jammer wrote:Not a member of your board, but I just feel this should be said after watching the Golden State Game on Feb. 10.

Missed the dagger shot right before too.

Also, please keep all criticism of Beal to a minimum on this board or you will be chastised.

Here is what the team pays for such high bball IQ:

This Year: $46,741,590
24/25: $50,203,930
25/26: $53,666,270
26/27: $57,128,610

But that's none of my business... (kermit_sipping_tea.jpeg)

Spoiler:
When you go for a steal, you're supposed to lead with your right hand or hand closest to the ball. The kind of stuff they teach you in junior high ball. I guess Brad was sick that day.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#274 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:35 pm

He is the first one that understands that he made a mistake and he takes responsibility for it. You have the video with the explanation here:

"I just gambled bad. It's just plain and simple. I was thinking I was supposed to switch with a guy and we didn't switch."

Bradley Beal on Steph Curry game winning 3.

"If I didn't have this damn mask on, I would've gotten that. No excuse, but my peripheral suck in masks."

Read on Twitter
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#275 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:57 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:]Problem is like 2/3 of what's left on this board have copied your style. :)

Again I totally get some of it. I'm a pretty optimistic sports fan and this current squad gets under my skin at times. So I really do get if you're someone who's predisposed to negativity how you end up howling on here. It's why I didn't even open this board for a while early season. I have no desire to engage in bitchyness no matter if it's justified.

The thing I don't get is the peeps who get all worked up about what this team will look like in like 2029 or some ****. So god damn much will happen across the league by then it's pointless to get all sad about it now.

It's not just negativity - it's the same gaggle of doomers who use these threads as a soap box to recycle the level 10 despair night in and night out. At some point a little self-awareness needs to kick in because they're drowning out the board and driving people away. I make these comments as someone who experienced some of the same frustrations in December.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the genesis of it is more than just "Well there are championship expectations". I think in some cases it has more to do with their own personal lives and the Suns are just a substitute punching bag. Anyone logically looking at this team right now can see they're trending up. For God sakes they're in 5th place after that disastrous start and the Western Conference isn't easy for anyone right now.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#276 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:59 pm

Stix wrote:Missed the dagger shot right before too.

Also, please keep all criticism of Beal to a minimum on this board or you will be chastised.

Spoiler:
When you go for a steal, you're supposed to lead with your right hand or hand closest to the ball. The kind of stuff they teach you in junior high ball. I guess Brad was sick that day.

Sweet another miserable post about Brad.

You've really got a hard on for the guy that's for sure.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,435

Post#277 » by dremill24 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:31 pm

Spoiler:
Saberestar wrote:

He is the first one that understands that he made a mistake and he takes responsibility for it. You have the video with the explanation here:

"I just gambled bad. It's just plain and simple. I was thinking I was supposed to switch with a guy and we didn't switch."

"If I didn't have this damn mask on, I would've gotten that. No excuse, but my peripheral suck in masks."

Read on Twitter

"I was thinking I was supposed to switch with a guy and we didn't switch" is quite alarming lol. Obviously this team has a lot of trouble figuring out how they're reacting on defense to different actions over the course of a whole game but we weren't even on the same page for a single 3-second play to save a game? I dunno maybe he meant something different but holy balls :lol:
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Post#278 » by King4Day » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:44 pm

dremill24 wrote:
Spoiler:
Saberestar wrote:

Read on Twitter

"I was thinking I was supposed to switch with a guy and we didn't switch" is quite alarming lol. Obviously this team has a lot of trouble figuring out how they're reacting on defense to different actions over the course of a whole game but we weren't even on the same page for a single 3-second play to save a game? I dunno maybe he meant something different but holy balls :lol:

Just goes back to, why was Okogie not in for Beal in that moment? Everyone ripping Beal when Vogel had some splaining to do.
It is what it is. Kings tomorrow
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#279 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:48 pm

King4Day wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
Spoiler:
Saberestar wrote:He is the first one that understands that he made a mistake and he takes responsibility for it. You have the video with the explanation here:

Read on Twitter

"I was thinking I was supposed to switch with a guy and we didn't switch" is quite alarming lol. Obviously this team has a lot of trouble figuring out how they're reacting on defense to different actions over the course of a whole game but we weren't even on the same page for a single 3-second play to save a game? I dunno maybe he meant something different but holy balls

Just goes back to, why was Okogie not in for Beal in that moment? Everyone ripping Beal when Vogel had some splaining to do.
It is what it is. Kings tomorrow
They did switch on the play, KD was guarding Steph at first and then switched the screen. Both KD and Beal seemed to understand that switch was coming so not exactly sure what Beals referring to.

But yeah I would love to hear Vogels explanation why Gordon and Beal were out there instead of Okogie and Oneale (although I get no Oneale if they just didn't feel like he understands the scheme yet)

Heck on the Beal gamble you could even argue that specific to Steph it's not that bad of a decision to gamble because if you get it the game is over and Steph is a sick bastard who will hit that shot with a hand in his face anyway.

Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#280 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:46 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:Missed the dagger shot right before too.

Spoiler:

Sweet another miserable post about Brad.

You've really got a hard on for the guy that's for sure.

Thought the post was quite astute, and laid down some facts but ok.

Anything but a "hard on"... dude has been nothing but flaccid except when playing the Lakers or his old team that he spent a decade playing. You defenders are the ones who have a stiff for him. I can't even constructively criticize the guy based off his salary?

Vogel is the same. Unproven and way overpaid. Lakers bubble 'ship is a joke and should be accompanied by an asterisk*

These two will ultimately be our demise in the post-season.

Return to Phoenix Suns