ImageImageImage

Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Grade the Royle O’Neale/Roddy trade

A+
5%
A-
21%
B+
26%
B-
26%
C+
16%
C-
5%
D
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 19

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,320

Re: Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#281 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:02 pm

Stix wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:Missed the dagger shot right before too.

Also, please keep all criticism of Beal to a minimum on this board or you will be chastised.

Here is what the team pays for such high bball IQ:

This Year: $46,741,590
24/25: $50,203,930
25/26: $53,666,270
26/27: $57,128,610

But that's none of my business... (kermit_sipping_tea.jpeg)

Spoiler:
When you go for a steal, you're supposed to lead with your right hand or hand closest to the ball. The kind of stuff they teach you in junior high ball. I guess Brad was sick that day.

Sweet another miserable post about Brad.

You've really got a hard on for the guy that's for sure.

Thought the post was quite astute, and laid down some facts but ok.

Anything but a "hard on"... dude has been nothing but flaccid except when playing the Lakers or his old team that he spent a decade playing. You defenders are the ones who have a stiff for him. I can't even constructively criticize the guy based off his salary?

Vogel is the same. Unproven and way overpaid. Lakers bubble 'ship is a joke and should be accompanied by an asterisk*

These two will ultimately be our demise in the post-season.

Constructive criticism is one thing.

What you're doing is a lot more smarmy/toxic than that and you're already resigned to that fact that he's going to "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" the Suns. We're not talking about a jackass of a player or someone who's routinely quitting on the team. He's not even the lead dog nor was he acquired to be and he's easily one of the most likeable players on the team from a personality standpoint.

Also, we're talking about a guy who's played less than 30 games in a Suns uni who's had to adjust/figure out how he fits within the framework of playing with two other superstars. Btw, if you think a busted nose and a facemask cannot affect your game you're out of your mind. The impeded breathing alone can mess with your energy levels.

Is he ever going to be worth what he's paid? No. In fact no player imo in the NBA is worth that stupid money, but that's neither here nor there.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Re: Game 53: Phoenix Suns (31-21) @ Golden State Warriors (24-25) l Saturday l 6:30pm l ABC 

Post#282 » by King4Day » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:10 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
King4Day wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
Spoiler:

"I was thinking I was supposed to switch with a guy and we didn't switch" is quite alarming lol. Obviously this team has a lot of trouble figuring out how they're reacting on defense to different actions over the course of a whole game but we weren't even on the same page for a single 3-second play to save a game? I dunno maybe he meant something different but holy balls

Just goes back to, why was Okogie not in for Beal in that moment? Everyone ripping Beal when Vogel had some splaining to do.
It is what it is. Kings tomorrow
They did switch on the play, KD was guarding Steph at first and then switched the screen. Both KD and Beal seemed to understand that switch was coming so not exactly sure what Beals referring to.

But yeah I would love to hear Vogels explanation why Gordon and Beal were out there instead of Okogie and Oneale (although I get no Oneale if they just didn't feel like he understands the scheme yet)

Heck on the Beal gamble you could even argue that specific to Steph it's not that bad of a decision to gamble because if you get it the game is over and Steph is a sick bastard who will hit that shot with a hand in his face anyway.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

I'm not even upset at the fact he hit the shot because that's just Steph. Beal has always been known as a defensive liability so I can't even be mad at him. That's what he does (takes chances).
My gripe is just that Okogie, at the least, should have been in the game. Maybe they still switch to get KD off Steph but you have the smarter player on Curry now. Just a really strange decision. I have a bigger beef with that than anything else from the final couple possessions. Not sure but did Vogel ever address it?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#283 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:17 pm

King4Day wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Just goes back to, why was Okogie not in for Beal in that moment? Everyone ripping Beal when Vogel had some splaining to do.
It is what it is. Kings tomorrow
They did switch on the play, KD was guarding Steph at first and then switched the screen. Both KD and Beal seemed to understand that switch was coming so not exactly sure what Beals referring to.

But yeah I would love to hear Vogels explanation why Gordon and Beal were out there instead of Okogie and Oneale (although I get no Oneale if they just didn't feel like he understands the scheme yet)

Heck on the Beal gamble you could even argue that specific to Steph it's not that bad of a decision to gamble because if you get it the game is over and Steph is a sick bastard who will hit that shot with a hand in his face anyway.

I'm not even upset at the fact he hit the shot because that's just Steph. Beal has always been known as a defensive liability so I can't even be mad at him. That's what he does (takes chances).
My gripe is just that Okogie, at the least, should have been in the game. Maybe they still switch to get KD off Steph but you have the smarter player on Curry now. Just a really strange decision. I have a bigger beef with that than anything else from the final couple possessions. Not sure but did Vogel ever address it?
Totally agree. Heck if he would have put in Okogie my first choice to be removed would have been Gordon and not Beal.

Gordon passing up an open look and dropping the shot clock expiring grenade on Beal the play before was bad too. If Gordon won't take a decent look like that I have no idea why he's on the floor.

Yeah I wasn't even mad Steph hit that, its what he does. I just found it weird the suns had a timeout to set their D and didn't make any defensive substitutions, I noticed as the were coming out of the TO and was like WTF even before that play started.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#284 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:19 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Sweet another miserable post about Brad.

You've really got a hard on for the guy that's for sure.

Anything but a "hard on"... dude has been nothing but flaccid except when playing the Lakers or his old team that he spent a decade playing. You defenders are the ones who have a stiff for him. I can't even constructively criticize the guy based off his salary?

Vogel is the same. Unproven and way overpaid. Lakers bubble 'ship is a joke and should be accompanied by an asterisk*

What you're doing is a lot more smarmy/toxic than that and you're already resigned to that fact that he's going to "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" the Suns. We're not talking about a jackass of a player or someone who's routinely quitting on the team. He's not even the lead dog nor was he acquired to be and he's easily one of the most likeable players on the team from a personality standpoint.

Also, we're talking about a guy who's played less than 30 games in a Suns uni who's had to adjust/figure out how he fits within the framework of playing with two other superstars. Btw, if you think a busted nose and a facemask cannot affect your game you're out of your mind. The impeded breathing alone can mess with your energy levels.

Is he ever going to be worth what he's paid? No. In fact no player imo in the NBA is worth that stupid money, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not here saying the sky is falling. It's one thing to read a post and retort, but to exaggerate it into saying its all doom and gloom is another. I'm sure your opinion would be different if this were a playoff game, which this is what the atmosphere felt like. Another cold hard fact is that Beal has never been in these type of "big game" situations, which is why I do not trust him when the post season comes. He hasn't shown or proven to me to be a max player or to warrant that kind of contract (with no trade clause to boot), which is why I have so much criticsm and "doooooooom" when it comes to his short comings in the clutch or in games that actually matter.

Edit: also if you are to put into perspective the profits made off of these players... most NBA players are severely underpaid which is why you have things like a NBA Players Association.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#285 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:20 pm

Stix wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:

I'm not here saying the sky is falling. It's one thing to read a post and retort, but to exaggerate it into saying its all doom and gloom is another. I'm sure your opinion would be different if this were a playoff game, which this is what the atmosphere felt like. Another cold hard fact is that Beal has never been in these type of "big game" situations, which is why I do not trust him when the post season comes. He hasn't shown or proven to me to be a max player or to warrant that kind of contract (with no trade clause to boot), which is why I have so much criticsm and "doooooooom" when it comes to his short comings in the clutch or in games that actually matter.
No offense but you have become a bit of a one topic poster with the Beal stuff lately. Not sure if intentional or just getting caught up in the moment and not realizing it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#286 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:25 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:No offense but you have become a bit of a one topic poster with the Beal stuff lately. Not sure if intentional or just getting caught up in the moment and not realizing it.

Really? Hadn't noticed. Just like when Beal has a good game, the mask is not a thing. But when he has a crap game... oh well he's playing with a mask. :roll:
King4Day
RealGM

Post#287 » by King4Day » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:45 pm

Stix wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:No offense but you have become a bit of a one topic poster with the Beal stuff lately. Not sure if intentional or just getting caught up in the moment and not realizing it.

Really? Hadn't noticed. Just like when Beal has a good game, the mask is not a thing. But when he has a crap game... oh well he's playing with a mask. :roll:

I hate that Beal used it as an excuse but in his defense, I've played with a mask in just organized ball and it truly impacts what you can see and comfort. Just feeling something weird on your face makes you react differently. Especially knowing it'll be on for a long time.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#288 » by King4Day » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:46 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
King4Day wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:They did switch on the play, KD was guarding Steph at first and then switched the screen. Both KD and Beal seemed to understand that switch was coming so not exactly sure what Beals referring to.

Totally agree. Heck if he would have put in Okogie my first choice to be removed would have been Gordon and not Beal.

Gordon passing up an open look and dropping the shot clock expiring grenade on Beal the play before was bad too. If Gordon won't take a decent look like that I have no idea why he's on the floor.

Yeah I wasn't even mad Steph hit that, its what he does. I just found it weird the suns had a timeout to set their D and didn't make any defensive substitutions, I noticed as the were coming out of the TO and was like WTF even before that play started.

Awful audio so I'm not sure what he's saying, but he's an apparent clip
Read on Twitter
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#289 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:49 pm

Stix wrote:I'm not here saying the sky is falling. It's one thing to read a post and retort, but to exaggerate it into saying its all doom and gloom is another. I'm sure your opinion would be different if this were a playoff game, which this is what the atmosphere felt like. Another cold hard fact is that Beal has never been in these type of "big game" situations, which is why I do not trust him when the post season comes. He hasn't shown or proven to me to be a max player or to warrant that kind of contract (with no trade clause to boot), which is why I have so much criticsm and "doooooooom" when it comes to his short comings in the clutch or in games that actually matter.

Edit: also if you are to put into perspective the profits made off of these players... most NBA players are severely underpaid which is why you have things like a NBA Players Association.

You're not here saying the sky is falling? Do you not read what you write? You literally just told me that Beal (along with Vogel) are already responsible for their post-season demise.

He's never going to consistently put up monster numbers every game - numbers that would even be close to warranting $50+ million a season because get this: HE'S PLAYING WITH TWO OTHER SUPERSTARS. Also, aren't some of you complaining nonstop about making sure the flow of the offense improves so that other players stay engaged and take their shots?

It still amazes me that you'll gleen this much from a player in less than 30 games on the Suns in the regular season. I don't give a rats ass what you say about one particular game's "atmosphere" - it's not the playoffs brosef. Not even close. Playoffs are a whole different animal because you're effectively seeing a team for up to seven straight games, there's no load management and every player knows they're OFFICIALLY competing for a title.

A team might be able to get one over on the Suns in a single game situation - but a whole series? With the ammunition they have and a team that's finding their identity? Gonna be a lot harder than you're making it out to be. May I remind you that they have a 3 year window too.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#290 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:50 pm

King4Day wrote:
Stix wrote:

I hate that Beal used it as an excuse but in his defense, I've played with a mask in just organized ball and it truly impacts what you can see and comfort. Just feeling something weird on your face makes you react differently. Especially knowing it'll be on for a long time.

By that logic and Beal's... I fully expect a 42+ point game, and a triple double next time we play WASH, and he doesn't have the mask.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#291 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:51 pm

Stix wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Stix wrote:

By that logic and Beal's... I fully expect a 42+ point game, and a triple double next time we play WASH, and he doesn't have the mask.

Let's be honest - you'd still whine nonstop.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#292 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:52 pm

Now we use the excuse that Beal has only played 30 games with the suns? Who's fault is that? Mr. Glass.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#293 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:52 pm

King4Day wrote:I hate that Beal used it as an excuse but in his defense, I've played with a mask in just organized ball and it truly impacts what you can see and comfort. Just feeling something weird on your face makes you react differently. Especially knowing it'll be on for a long time.

And he's not wearing a mask just to wear a mask.

What Stix keeps conveniently ignoring is dude had his nose busted. On what planet does that not effect a player? We're talking about guys who go on dry spells for wearing the wrong shoes and have almost anal-retentive pre-game rituals.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#294 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:54 pm

Stix wrote:Now we use the excuse that Beal has only played 30 games with the suns? Who's fault is that? Mr. Glass.

It's reality slick.

One you've refused to accept.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#295 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:55 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:Now we use the excuse that Beal has only played 30 games with the suns? Who's fault is that? Mr. Glass.

It's reality slick.

I can't wait to see what other excuses ya'll make for Glass in the future.

He could've said the sun was in his eyes and you would believe him.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#296 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:57 pm

Stix wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

It's reality slick.

Your hatred is kind of weird man. :lol:
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:58 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
It's reality slick.

Your "hard on" for him is even weirder. What are you? His mommy?
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#298 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:06 pm

Stix wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:

I've made no predictions about how this season will end up.

But you make it easy to point out how unjustifiably toxic your posts are about him. It's to the point that I'm legit worried about the safety of any house pets you might have.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#299 » by Stix » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:11 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Stix wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I've made no predictions about how this season will end up.

But you make it easy to point out how unjustifiably toxic your posts are about him. It's to the point that I'm legit worried about the safety of any house pets you might have.

If you just want to make personal insults at one another just PM me. :wink:
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#300 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:12 pm

Stix wrote:If you just want to make personal insults at one another just PM me. :wink:

You're not that important.

Return to Phoenix Suns