ImageImageImage

Game 54: Sacramento Kings (30-22) @ Phoenix Suns (31-22) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 966

Re: Game 54: Sacramento Kings (30-22) @ Phoenix Suns (31-22) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT 

Post#201 » by Maze » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:27 pm

sunsbum wrote:
Maze wrote:I don't understand why people care how other fans react!? I've never been upset at how other fans vent or express themselves.Everybody's different.I love all of it.Whether you're overly pessimistic or overly optimistic.Angry.Happy.I go through every emotion.I relate to every reaction.I appreciate the variety.
Thats right, everyone is different. So when I see people virtually roping themselves 2 minutes into the first quarter every single game I'm more than happy to put my 2 cents in. If thats the kinda content you come here for more power to you.

I don't come here for it.Just doesn't bother me when I see it.It's small fries to me.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Re: Game 54: Sacramento Kings (30-22) @ Phoenix Suns (31-22) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT 

Post#202 » by enigmatics » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:41 pm

dremill24 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
Him being in trade talks is one thing but im just not following the logic of that being the reason he doesnt play.

To prevent injury to what was considered the major cog in their trade chess pieces. Hell even Metu wasn't really getting any run the last few weeks.

I'm actually ecstatic that the Nets valued pieces they could cut right away as I believe Little can be a legitimate contributor as a utility or "swiss army knife" type of player.

You can draw a through line to the conclusion but it's just a lot of assumptions and I've just never seen anything to indicate that's actually how it works in most circumstances. Also treating it as a confirmed fact is mostly what prompted the question.

Though not really the point of the inquiry, I also liked giving up the min guys and keeping him around in that trade.

I confirmed he was a TRADE PIECE not that him being held back to prevent injury was an undeniable fact.

You're fishing for an argument - go find it with someone else. Like really bro we are debating THIS? LOL
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#203 » by enigmatics » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:48 pm

Maze wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Maze wrote:I don't understand why people care how other fans react!? I've never been upset at how other fans vent or express themselves.Everybody's different.I love all of it.Whether you're overly pessimistic or overly optimistic.Angry.Happy.I go through every emotion.I relate to every reaction.I appreciate the variety.
Thats right, everyone is different. So when I see people virtually roping themselves 2 minutes into the first quarter every single game I'm more than happy to put my 2 cents in. If thats the kinda content you come here for more power to you.

I don't come here for it.Just doesn't bother me when I see it.It's small fries to me.

Well it irritates the f- outta me when I have to come to my favorite Suns board to find the same handful of guys monopizing every thread with the "theres a fire in the building" mentality about a team that is a handful of games from 4th place after a rough start and 50 games into a 3 year window.

This is never gonna go away though. It's the veiled Monty, Ayton, Luka, and Twins truthers i.e. the living in the past bros not giving this team a chance because they despise recent moves and their personal lives aren't justified unless the Suns provide them immediate gratification. Every Suns win is actually a "should've lost".

They absolutely refuse to leave themselves even a SHRED of opportunity to enjoy any part of the ride. I've said it a billions times - it's ok to criticize as this team is by no means anywhere near perfect, but there's a line that's repeatedly being crossed.

I'm gonna continue to stand on my comments no matter how much some attempt to justify the behavior.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#204 » by sunsbum » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:19 am

enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:
sunsbum wrote: Thats right, everyone is different. So when I see people virtually roping themselves 2 minutes into the first quarter every single game I'm more than happy to put my 2 cents in. If thats the kinda content you come here for more power to you.

Well it irritates the f- outta me when I have to come to my favorite Suns board to find the same handful of guys monopizing every thread with the "theres a fire in the building" mentality about a team that is a handful of games from 4th place after a rough start and 50 games into a 3 year window.

This is never gonna go away though. It's the veiled Monty, Ayton, Luka, and Twins truthers i.e. the living in the past bros not giving this team a chance because they despise recent moves and their personal lives aren't justified unless the Suns provide them immediate gratification. Every Suns win is actually a "should've lost".

They absolutely refuse to leave themselves even a SHRED of opportunity to enjoy any part of the ride. I've said it a billions times - it's ok to criticize as this team is by no means anywhere near perfect, but there's a line that's repeatedly being crossed.

I'm gonna continue to stand on my comments no matter how much some attempt to justify the behavior.

“Living in the past bros” :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate this team.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,439

Post#205 » by dremill24 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:31 am

enigmatics wrote:I confirmed he was a TRADE PIECE not that him being held back to prevent injury was an undeniable fact.

You're fishing for an argument - go find it with someone else. Like really bro we are debating THIS? LOL

Ok, so...no? But now I'll argue a bit.

enigmatics wrote:The bench is being re-developed in-season as Bol is still getting worked into the rotation, O'Neal will need a bit of time to adjust, as will Little (now that he's not being held back for an impending trade), as will Damion Lee.

enigmatics wrote:He showed some signs earlier in the year then got lost from missing time due to the birth of his kid and then being sat because he was a potential trade piece.

These are two separate recent statements you've made on the subject. And in my opinion, to a reasonable reader, these are declarative statements that are not ONLY that he was in trade talks, but also that he was not playing because of it. That sounds to me like someone who seems to know something about it, so I asked out of genuine curiosity if there was something out there I hadnt heard about it. I would not characterize that as fishing for an argument.

If those statements really ONLY mean that he was in trade talks and Im totally making up the other part, then please accept my apologies. Im just not sure how many other ways you'd like a reader to interpret them.
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 966

Post#206 » by Maze » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:44 am

enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:
sunsbum wrote: Thats right, everyone is different. So when I see people virtually roping themselves 2 minutes into the first quarter every single game I'm more than happy to put my 2 cents in. If thats the kinda content you come here for more power to you.

Hey man, more power to you.I wouldn't want you to change.Like I said before, I dig the different perspectives.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,626

Post#207 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:06 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
To prevent injury to what was considered the major cog in their trade chess pieces. Hell even Metu wasn't really getting any run the last few weeks.

I'm actually ecstatic that the Nets valued pieces they could cut right away as I believe Little can be a legitimate contributor as a utility or "swiss army knife" type of player.

You can draw a through line to the conclusion but it's just a lot of assumptions and I've just never seen anything to indicate that's actually how it works in most circumstances. Also treating it as a confirmed fact is mostly what prompted the question.

Though not really the point of the inquiry, I also liked giving up the min guys and keeping him around in that trade.
The whole teams holding guys out before the deadline is really really over blown by fans. Like it happens a little but far less than people think. **** we've seen guys traded while actually playing in a game in the past.

Guys like Metu and Goodwin weren't not playing because they were potentially being traded. It's really the opposite, they were used as filler BECAUSE they weren't playing. Since the Griz/Nets were going to cut them anyway I assume the suns got to choose which min guys went out.

Little fell out of the rotation because he was shooting 30% from 3.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I hear people mention and speculate about this all the time and see it happen..pretty much....never.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#208 » by sunsbum » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:17 am

enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:

Theres so much truth in this post. I feel like lilfish and enigmatic can so eloquently put my low IQ takes into what I actually want to say. Glad ya'll are here. ***Every Suns win is actually a "should've lost".*** like why do you (people in general) watch basketball if thats your perspective on 80% of suns games, do watching the suns win even bring people like this joy? I get that we are all trying to navigate the makeup of the team but shouldn't that speak to what the players are adjusting to as well? If we as fans can't figure out what the identity of the team is yet, I don't think the boys have it nailed down either. Last game felt good though despite some bad stretches. I'm interested to see if that defensive level up carries over.
I hate this team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Post#209 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:58 am

sunsbum wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Maze wrote:I don't come here for it.Just doesn't bother me when I see it.It's small fries to me.

Theres so much truth in this post. I feel like lilfish and enigmatic can so eloquently put my low IQ takes into what I actually want to say. Glad ya'll are here. ***Every Suns win is actually a "should've lost".*** like why do you (people in general) watch basketball if thats your perspective on 80% of suns games, do watching the suns win even bring people like this joy? I get that we are all trying to navigate the makeup of the team but shouldn't that speak to what the players are adjusting to as well? If we as fans can't figure out what the identity of the team is yet, I don't think the boys have it nailed down either. Last game felt good though despite some bad stretches. I'm interested to see if that defensive level up carries over.

Probably said it better than I can. Not enough big picture looking and far too much diving into the details. As enigmatics said, there's nothing wrong with criticising a team that is not perfect (there is no such thing as a perfect team) but the mindset some have is just hard to understand. Each quarter has a couple dozen possessions and each game has 4 quarters so that's over 100 possessions per game. What I normally see are a handful of poor possessions which prompts the debbie downers to go back and try to find maybe another handful of poor possessions and package them up as "a game we should have lost" but the neutral or good possessions just gets glossed over as if they never happened.

It's always pointing to a dozen poor possession each game on average (12% of a game) or sometimes even just a single possession (e.g the Beal attempted steal in the Warriors game) which becomes their story of the game.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,626

Post#210 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:54 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

Probably said it better than I can. Not enough big picture looking and far too much diving into the details. As enigmatics said, there's nothing wrong with criticising a team that is not perfect (there is no such thing as a perfect team) but the mindset some have is just hard to understand. Each quarter has a couple dozen possessions and each game has 4 quarters so that's over 100 possessions per game. What I normally see are a handful of poor possessions which prompts the debbie downers to go back and try to find maybe another handful of poor possessions and package them up as "a game we should have lost" but the neutral or good possessions just gets glossed over as if they never happened.

It's always pointing to a dozen poor possession each game on average (12% of a game) or sometimes even just a single possession (e.g the Beal attempted steal in the Warriors game) which becomes their story of the game.

It's that way with every loss every year.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,290

Post#211 » by Frank Lee » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:32 pm

Jeezus…. Yous Suns-Shiners are casting a pretty big shadow on the dark cloud crowd. If you want bubblegum and cotton candy takes, just start your own Me so Happy thread. Last I checked, reading and responding here were optional.

As long as this team has its ‘horsechit’ moments, the so called manure will be slung.

And I’m not sure Ive seen funnier post in a while as ‘can you play in a suit of armor? ’ hahaha. Seriously… unwad yer panties and check your hubris at the door. This is an entertainment site, with a little news and a lotta smack mixed in. The smack is what keeps it fresh.
What ? Me Worry ?

Return to Phoenix Suns