ImageImageImage

Game 54: Sacramento Kings (30-22) @ Phoenix Suns (31-22) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Re: Game 54: Sacramento Kings (30-22) @ Phoenix Suns (31-22) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT 

Post#161 » by NapoleonII » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:15 am

enigmatics wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:4 fast break points vs Sacramento's 22?

We made this game a lot harder than it had to be, even without Beal.

Good win, but this team needs to learn how to put teams away and how to stop getting punked.

Honestly I just don't see them being a quality fast break team. They don't have a legit floor general for that nor do they create enough turnovers.

Maybe things change a bit with some defensive IQ/effort from O'Neale and Thad.

To me, that's even more reason to pick our spots, run and attack the rim. Especially with a player like Booker and Gordon and Beal.

We shouldn't be in the bottom 25.

The only players to me that even look to push the pace before the defense sets are Allen, Bol and weirdly Little. Booker does it at times, but he settles way too much given his skill set and touch.

Hopefully Young and Prince can change some of that.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,147

Re: Game 54: Sacramento Kings (30-22) @ Phoenix Suns (31-22) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l TNT 

Post#162 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:16 am

enigmatics wrote:
Revived wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Jesus this thread was 90% shtposting on our team, on a win nevertheless, no wonder ppl stopped posting.

Easy to come after the fact and say it.

And no I think the reason most people stopped posting is cause they don’t see this team doing anything special at all in the playoffs. Plus most of the players are pretty unlikable with no charisma and team overall has no togetherness.

It’s nice to win lot of reg season games just on pure talent alone but who here actually thinks this team can win more than 1 playoff series (and even that who knows) in April?

OMG we get it already ffs! Can't you guys just take one night off? Lawd. :lol:

On one hand you have people talking about the game and on the other hand you have people in here that just get mad at the people talking about the game....

Its really weird... They dont even talk about the game just get mad at posters...

:crazy:
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach

Post#163 » by NapoleonII » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:18 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Revived wrote:Easy to come after the fact and say it.

And no I think the reason most people stopped posting is cause they don’t see this team doing anything special at all in the playoffs. Plus most of the players are pretty unlikable with no charisma and team overall has no togetherness.

It’s nice to win lot of reg season games just on pure talent alone but who here actually thinks this team can win more than 1 playoff series (and even that who knows) in April?

OMG we get it already ffs! Can't you guys just take one night off? Lawd. :lol:

On one hand you have people talking about the game and on the other hand you have people in here that just get mad at the people talking about the game....

Its really weird... They dont even talk about the game just get mad at posters...

There's a lot of sexual frustration on this board, that's my guess.

I blame Taylor Swift and inflation.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#164 » by enigmatics » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:22 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:On one hand you have people talking about the game and on the other hand you have people in here that just get mad at the people talking about the game....

You use the phrase "people talking about the game" a little too loosely.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#165 » by enigmatics » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:26 am

NapoleonII wrote:To me, that's even more reason to pick our spots, run and attack the rim. Especially with a player like Booker and Gordon and Beal.

The only players to me that even look to push the pace before the defense sets are Allen, Bol and weirdly Little. Booker does it at times, but he settles way too much given his skill set and touch.

Yeah I dunno man - I mean the DNA of the team is that of a collective group of shooters (3's and middies).

I'm hoping the new additions will help create more turnovers - but without any true rim runners and an elite dime guy it's gonna be hard to significantly improve that area. Hope I'm wrong.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,258

Post#166 » by Bogyo » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:27 am

enigmatics wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:On one hand you have people talking about the game and on the other hand you have people in here that just get mad at the people talking about the game....

You use the phrase "people talking about the game" a little too loosely.

At least we are not talking about practice. :)

Good win in the end, without Beal. Again, the end was closer than necessary, and I think it was still the "too cool for school" attitude mostly - we will win games on talent alone, even with Beal out. But much less, much uglier, much closer than if we were actually trying...
# waiting for the next chapter
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach

Post#167 » by NapoleonII » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:31 am

enigmatics wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:To me, that's even more reason to pick our spots, run and attack the rim. Especially with a player like Booker and Gordon and Beal.

Yeah I dunno man - I mean the DNA of the team is that of a collective group of shooters (3's and middies).

I'm hoping the new additions will help create more turnovers - but without any true rim runners and an elite dime guy it's gonna be hard to significantly improve that area. Hope I'm wrong.

True, I mean that's what's going to get us over the hump vs good teams, and it's a play style that will be playoff-friendly.

But great teams find multiple ways to beat you, and it's one of the areas we can most improve in. There's no old man CP3 anymore but his play style is still lingering it seems like.

I just think a lot of our problems stem from this mindset of 'we know we can out-close you, shoot the mid-range better than you, and oh yeah, we got KD'
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#168 » by sunsbg » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:35 am

Nice win, but Beal injured again ? Still better now than in April right.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#169 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:39 am

Royce O'Neal what a trade.

Beal hopefully gets his nose done now.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#170 » by Golanator » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:41 am

Wasn’t always pretty but never going to apologize for beating a good team. Beat the Pistons as you should and go into the break with momentum.

Hopefully Beal injury is a 1-2 week thing at most and not long term.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#171 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:45 am

Golanator wrote:Wasn’t always pretty but never going to apologize for beating a good team. Beat the Pistons as you should and go into the break with momentum.

Hopefully Beal injury is a 1-2 week thing at most and not long term.

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#172 » by garrick » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 am

Qwigglez wrote:O'Neal bringing that x-factor that is reminiscent of Jae Crowder. Glad we got em.

Yeah it was kind of a mistake to think that unproven players on minimum deals wouldn't feel the heat on a team that is on a championship or bust mindset to overthink things and shrink from the big moments.

I kind of feel the most for KBD since a lot of us had big expectations from him and based on his play with SA last season we know he can play a lot better than he was playing when he was with us.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#173 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 am

Little was weak in this one, but I think he'll be good for us down the stretch, especially if we do commit to the small ball lineup for large portions of games. We'll need his size / length on wing.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 702

Post#174 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:16 am

Revived wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Jesus this thread was 90% shtposting on our team, on a win nevertheless, no wonder ppl stopped posting.

Nah man, even those putrid years with 20win teams the vibes were not this bad so it's not about how far we can go. And some folks like me are from Europe and watch mostly on replay.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#175 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:23 am

Kyler Murray wrote:
Revived wrote:

Nah man, even those putrid years with 20win teams the vibes were not this bad so it's not about how far we can go. And some folks like me are from Europe and watch mostly on replay.

You’re from Europe and you are a Cardinals fan who enjoys watching Kyler Murray?
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#176 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:39 am

Kyler Murray wrote:
Revived wrote:

It's because we play lazy, non-chalant, inconsistent and often unintelligent ball and that makes it hard to watch and be happy with the team, combined with the lack of progress in those key areas. We win because we have elite shooting and overwhelming talent that helps overcome tons of blunders. If this team played as hard as possible all game it would have all of us as fans. I can tell you I watch probably 3-4 games a night and I do not see any other team aside from the Pistons making the TYPES of errors we constantly make. In my opinion, we are WOEFULLY coached. And it's painful to watch, but because I'm a diehard fan I still do.

I am hoping that the trade and adding O'Neal and Young helps here. We need guys who play hard. We need our stars to play hard and play smart.

Today, here is the reality:

1. We played absolutely 0 defense in the first half, resulting in us shooting 72% in the first quarter and somehow not be up a ton of points. I think we were tied or a 1 possession game in either direction.
2. Stars made a ton of liveball turnovers and didn't get back in transition.
3. Nurk started playing like a baby, and we switched to small ball lineup which changed the game. We've had some success with it the last few games and this is the first real sign of improvement I've seen for awhile, and the only real optimism I take from this game aside from O'Neal appearing to be much more confident from 3 than Okogie and other role players.
4. We subbed Nurk back in, and to his credit he played really hard for about 90 seconds and made some plays but then with 1 minute left after blocking the Fox bucket, he stayed on the OPPOSITE KEY and didn't even attempt to walk to the offensive end of the court. Fox hustled his ass off and chased down KD to steal it from behind, ho had no idea Fox was even there or that we were playing 4 on 5 because Nurk was lazy and KD unaware.
5. We then IMMEDIATELY DARED Fox to shoot a 3 in a 4 point game. Allen was in position and there and chose to let up. When up 4 and that much time left, that 3 MATTERS. You cannot dare the best player on the other team and their only all star guard to shoot that shot. They hit it and it took our superstars hitting mid range jumpers and an effort play from one of our only full-effort players in Okogie to save us.

When Beal, Booker, and Durant are healthy and rolling we will be really difficult to beat, but we will absolutely lose if we don't play smart or don't play hard, and that just doesn't appear to be in our DNA and that is frustrating. We have to get better in these areas, and the longer we go without actually showing signs of improving in these areas (not just getting healthy) the less likely we will be able to turn it on in the playoffs.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#177 » by Puff » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:46 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Maze wrote:I don't understand why people care how other fans react!? I've never been upset at how other fans vent or express themselves.Everybody's different.I love all of it.Whether you're overly pessimistic or overly optimistic.Angry.Happy.I go through every emotion.I relate to every reaction.I appreciate the variety.
Thats right, everyone is different. So when I see people virtually roping themselves 2 minutes into the first quarter every single game I'm more than happy to put my 2 cents in. If thats the kinda content you come here for more power to you.

Feel like u do more talking about other people then the game... but w.e

Amen
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#178 » by Puff » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:55 am

enigmatics wrote:

Please quit complaining about our team in a game thread. The pot calling the kettle black.
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#179 » by Puff » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:16 am

I am glad we kept Nassir Little and that Frank gave him some playing time tonight. I think he was part of the group that really turned things around. Nothing really special. Made a nice 3 pointer and stayed in front of his man. Bol Bol is going to have trouble getting time on the court with the new additions. Royce was really good, Booker struggled until winning time and then turned it on when we needed it the most. Hopefully this is a start for this team to be better in the 4th quarter. Hopefully the big three also see that the other guys can actually contribute and they give them more chances to shoot the ball.

The downer was and remains our biggest problem - Shot attempts Kings 95 to Suns 85. We shoot the ball so well on most nights it will be very difficult to beat us if we can get as many or more than our competition.

Very nice Win

Go Suns
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,943

Post#180 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:41 am

What a lovely game to watch as a fan of high scoring basketball, these two teams are putting huge numbers against each other every single time and gladly we won it tonight.

It was sad to see Beal going out that early with an injury but we are lucky to have Eric Gordon who stepped up in his place.

Book was playing one of his worst games ever until the last 18 minutes of the game. He was a killer in the 4th!

KD was KD. I can't get tired of watching him play ball...he is so smooth and skilled.

Royce O'Neale with an statement game. Our Big 7 is here for real.

All in all a much needed win, to the next one!

Return to Phoenix Suns