ImageImageImage

Which team will draft Bronny James just to get Lebron for one year to play with him?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,659

Which team will draft Bronny James just to get Lebron for one year to play with him? 

Post#1 » by schnakenpopanz » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:32 pm

Do you think there is a possibility this will happen?
I have not seen anything NBA-worthy from his son so far.
free steve nash!
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,659

Re: Which team will draft Bronny James just to get Lebron for one year to play with him? 

Post#2 » by schnakenpopanz » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:39 pm

sorry this should be on the genereal board, please delete
free steve nash!
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 820

Re: Which team will draft Bronny James just to get Lebron for one year to play with him? 

Post#3 » by KdoubleDees23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:35 pm

Definition of Privilege:

Being an under performing guard who is not an NBA quality player. The player should do all 4 years as they aren't good enough or developed enough to be a professional.

Yet, still going to get drafted because of his daddy.

Remember Jalen Lecque? Bronny is basically Jalen Lecque with less talent and Lebron as Daddy
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,621

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:50 pm

I doubt anyone would waste a pick...but the Lakers may draft him in the 2nd this year...they have the Clips 2nd round pick.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#5 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:34 pm

I could see some team using a late 2nd because they just don't give a **** about the pick.

But yeah it's an interesting case because even Bronny should realize he's not a real NBA prospect right now. If he actually wants to be anything more than a token pick and at best a 2-way gift roster spot guy he should really stay in school and try to improve his game.

And it's just good to see him out there playing after the heart issue.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Post#6 » by King4Day » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:37 pm

If there was assurance that he would sign with any team if they draft his kid, I believe he would go late lottery - early 20's.
People have to remember, if you are a team that is a LeBron away from winning it all, it's worth trading a good first (ie: wasting a good pick on his kid).

Now, I realize James isn't turning down a 50mil option to play for the minimum, but as an example, if the Suns wind up with the 22nd pick, and Bronny is there and the team knows James would sign, you can't tell me they won't draft him.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#7 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:58 pm

King4Day wrote:If there was assurance that he would sign with any team if they draft his kid, I believe he would go late lottery - early 20's.
People have to remember, if you are a team that is a LeBron away from winning it all, it's worth trading a good first (ie: wasting a good pick on his kid).

Now, I realize James isn't turning down a 50mil option to play for the minimum, but as an example, if the Suns wind up with the 22nd pick, and Bronny is there and the team knows James would sign, you can't tell me they won't draft him.
You're probably right and it's wild that a soon to be 40 year old LeBron has that kind of pull. He's something else.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns