ImageImageImage

Game 58 Phoenix Suns (33-24) vs LA Lakers (31-27) | Beat LA!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,636

Re: Game 58 Phoenix Suns (33-24) vs LA Lakers (31-27) | Beat LA! 

Post#121 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:44 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:While I kind of agree with Beal coming off the bench, particularly if Allen and O'Neal could shoot like that every game, I think it's also important to max out our Big 3 in playing time while also being able to stagger in a way we usually always have 2 in the game. This allows Beal to check out early, and play the whole time Book takes his longer rests and KD and/or when KD is always out there. It's basically allows him to kind of be a 6th man anyway if he checks out pretty early and is able to come back in when KD checks out and stay when KD checks back in a Book takes his longer rest since he only takes two a game, playing in longer stretches.

Not to kiss your behind, but you are probably the only person here who tries to make sense all the time - like think before typing, and try to think logically.
I love Allen, he has been a huge part of our success this year, but having him start over Beal would be criminal, while some of our issues are wing defense and the volume of our 3 point shooting, and we have just traded for RON. He takes care of both, while Allen can be our 6th man of the year, while playing (roughly) the same amount as Beal and RON. The way you described there is the way we should change our lineups exactley. Have Beal come off at the 3-4 minute mark, get Allen in. Then you "just" have to work around the stuff that 2 of the big3 are in at 85-95% of the times. Not impossible at all.

I get the argument for bringing Beal off the bench but nothing suggests starting the Big 3 doesn't work. Besides, it's not how we start that has been the problem, it's how we finish.

Bingo! That’s been our Achilles heel all season long learning how to finish games the right way. We finally had a great 4th quarter out scoring LA 28-23. The closest I believe the Lakers got within was 6 points. The Suns really need to have more games like this before playoffs start in April. If we could close 4th Q games out we’d be near 3rd seed ATM.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,621

Re: Game 58 Phoenix Suns (33-24) vs LA Lakers (31-27) | Beat LA! 

Post#122 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:24 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Not to kiss your behind, but you are probably the only person here who tries to make sense all the time - like think before typing, and try to think logically.
I love Allen, he has been a huge part of our success this year, but having him start over Beal would be criminal, while some of our issues are wing defense and the volume of our 3 point shooting, and we have just traded for RON. He takes care of both, while Allen can be our 6th man of the year, while playing (roughly) the same amount as Beal and RON. The way you described there is the way we should change our lineups exactley. Have Beal come off at the 3-4 minute mark, get Allen in. Then you "just" have to work around the stuff that 2 of the big3 are in at 85-95% of the times. Not impossible at all.

I get the argument for bringing Beal off the bench but nothing suggests starting the Big 3 doesn't work. Besides, it's not how we start that has been the problem, it's how we finish.

Bingo! That’s been our Achilles heel all season long learning how to finish games the right way. We finally had a great 4th quarter out scoring LA 28-23. The closest I believe the Lakers got within was 6 points. The Suns really need to have more games like this before playoffs start in April. If we could close 4th Q games out we’d be near 3rd seed ATM.

Return to Phoenix Suns