70%

Total votes: 10

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,094

Re: Game 61: OKC Thunder (41-18) @ Phoenix Suns (35-25) | Sunday | 7:30 PM 

Post#121 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:58 pm

Saberestar wrote:LOL

You can read all the good stuff that Ishbia has done already for the organization here.

Read on Twitter

Many of us don't think all of that was good though. That's the point.

Also, that post is incredibly biased towards him. Left off all the negative sides of the deals.

-- Traded for Kevin Durant .

Why not say "overpaid for a aging, injury prone Kevin Durant?"

You could do it both ways.

This Trevor guy seems to be option B in Frank's reply.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#122 » by sunsbg » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:31 pm

A battle between over-optimism and over-pessimism. I'll take realism.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,162

Post#123 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:55 pm

vogel said he took nurk out in the fourth (when phoenix had the lead), cause he was gassed

that was big mistake, he shouldve kept him on the floor until he collapse
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,733

Post#124 » by Revived » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:52 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Going to be an interesting off-season. History proves it’s better to pull the plug too early than too late.

Yeah too bad Matt dumbass Ishbia hasn’t learned sht from history otherwise he wouldn’t drop everything to form a clusterfck of an old brittle “big 3”.

Robert Sarver has to be smiling the hardest of all people in the United States. And he deserves too. He cashed out at a great time and the has been massive disappointment every month since the sale.

Sucks to say but many Suns fans miss Robert Sarver. And we rightfully should because Ishbia knows absolutely nothing of forming an NBA team. He’s the young kid from the Succession show, that’s all he is.

How long before we can get someone to report sexual abuse or racism from Ishbia and oust him?

Still think about his phrase in the press conference "I will not sacrifice our future" and then after a late night dinner with his buddies he trades the farm for KD.

I can just picture the dinner with his drunk buddies “dude you can get Kevin Durant??? Holy crap who cares trade everything for him man, you’d look like such a badass if you could trade for KD!!!!!”.

Ugh what a cluster*uck.

At least Chargers got Jim Harbaugh and I can finally be excited about football again.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,733

Post#125 » by Revived » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:57 am

Frank Lee wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Ishbia has been AMAZING for the organization, literally doing amazing things for the Mercury and the Suns.

Only one team can win it all every year, we have a very nice chance like another 10 teams in the league.

The championship is wide open and that's great for the league. No tanking and teams fighting harder than most years.

So many great teams are equal contenders, like I said I wouldn't be surprised with the final win from at least 10 teams. 9 of them will not win it...are they doing the wrong things? No, it's not like that.

Hopefully Book is back in less than a couple weeks and we can go to the final sprint with the team at full strength.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, a positive troll

a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum, a chat room, an online video game) or in real life, with the intent of provoking others into displaying emotional responses,[2] or manipulating others' perception, thus acting as a bully or a provocateur. The behavior is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or purposefully causing confusion or harm to other people.[3]

Or may be this description fits…

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization. Shills can carry out their operations in the areas of media, journalism, marketing, politics, sports, confidence games, cryptocurrency, or other business areas.

Perhaps even this applies as a less diabolical dubbing

Delusional
Firm and fixed believing based on inadequate grounding
A delusion is a false fixed belief that is not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, hallucination, or some other misleading effects of perception, as individuals with those beliefs are able to change or readjust their beliefs upon reviewing the evidence

A) troll
B) shill
C) delusional
D) all of the above

Sorry Sabes, But the sunshiney cotton candy routine just isn’t taking hold anymore. Yeah… I get it… It ain’t over til it’s over, because sure, there are plenty of games left. And yes we’ll get in the playoffs… But the harsh reality says that not only is this year likely over (I’ll give you a likely for a few more games) but given the front office self administered challenges, maybe the next two as well.

Seriously, sometimes I think this site has been invaded by an optimism bot 8-)

I like Saberstar’s optimism but it does get tiring when the product on the actual court doesn’t match at all what he’s saying. I feel like he’s trying too hard at this point…trying harder than the Suns players do on defense.

Sabestar is the ideal sports fan for any sports team owners though…will defend every team move and think everything is roses and may be happily spending money or time on the team one way or the other even with disappointment after disappointment. It’s the perfect naive fan to sell the team on.

If there was an earthquake at Suns practice and somehow all Suns players were lost in that, Sabestar’s spin on it would be something like “Well hey at least another 15 players will get an opportunity now to be on the Suns and show their potential so that’s exciting!!”. I don’t think losing the players would bother him or at least he wouldn’t show it. Lol.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,946

Post#126 » by Saberestar » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:04 am

Revived wrote:If there was an earthquake at Suns practice and somehow all Suns players were lost in that, Sabestar’s spin on it would be something like “Well hey at least another 15 players will get an opportunity now to be on the Suns and show their potential so that’s exciting!!”. I don’t think losing the players would bother him or at least he wouldn’t show it. Lol.

You nailed it lol.

Return to Phoenix Suns