ImageImageImage

Game 49: Phoenix Suns (28-20) @ Atlanta Falcons (20-27) l Friday l 5:30pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

With just 34 games remaining predict Suns win total

46-47 wins
No votes
48-49 wins
No votes
50-51 wins
No votes
52-53 wins
No votes
54-55 wins
No votes
56-57 wins
No votes

Total votes: 0

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Re: Game 49: Phoenix Suns (28-20) @ Atlanta Falcons (20-27) l Friday l 5:30pm l AZFamily 

Post#161 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:16 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Gave away such a likable team with chemistry for a bunch of mercenaries.

...who won't even surpass what the previous team did.

Exactly!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Re: Game 49: Phoenix Suns (28-20) @ Atlanta Falcons (20-27) l Friday l 5:30pm l AZFamily 

Post#162 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:18 am

handsome salary wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Gave away such a likable team with chemistry and NBA historic playoff defeats for a bunch of mercenaries.

Fixed it.

Sure I'd like Bridges and maybe Cam to still be on the team but everyones else...CP3, Ayton, Shamet, Craig, Saric, Landale, Wainright, Sticks...not missing them at all.

We could’ve kept one of Saric/Craig, Payne perfect off the bench.. there are no need to gut an entire roster for slim chance at a title. There’s something called chemistry if you don’t have it you’re not going to magically win.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,626

Post#163 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:29 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:You guys are telling me we’re committing so many dumbass turnovers often….i wonder if having a PG like Tyus Jones that’s available for 2nd rd picks can help with that?

If we could get him for 2nd round picks, we should for sure. It would be dumb not to. It seems they would get a better offer...but then again, most teams have starting PGs.

Better offer from who? I doubt most teams would be open to sending more than 2nd rd picks for a 30 game rental. He’s a FA this summer.

He’s not netting a 1st rd pick for 30 games imo.

Well it says they'd be happy with 2nd rounders, but I am not sure we have the most or best ones. I don't know what other teams might be interested...it's definitely worth going for him but doesn't seem like we have a lot of interest.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,626

Post#164 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:30 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
handsome salary wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Gave away such a likable team with chemistry and NBA historic playoff defeats for a bunch of mercenaries.

Fixed it.

Sure I'd like Bridges and maybe Cam to still be on the team but everyones else...CP3, Ayton, Shamet, Craig, Saric, Landale, Wainright, Sticks...not missing them at all.

We could’ve kept one of Saric/Craig, Payne perfect off the bench.. there are no need to gut an entire roster for slim chance at a title. There’s something called chemistry if you don’t have it you’re not going to magically win.

I noticed Payne is shooting like 40% from 3 and has like a 3 to 1 ast/to ratio. I wish we would have kept him.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#165 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:36 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
handsome salary wrote:Fixed it.

I noticed Payne is shooting like 40% from 3 and has like a 3 to 1 ast/to ratio. I wish we would have kept him.
Most bucks fans would like Payne off the team or at least out of the rotation after the deadline.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#166 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:37 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
handsome salary wrote:Fixed it.

Definitely could have kept him. Teams that go to finals the previous year don’t just gut the entire roster. How many games could suns have won in 4th Q with Payne playing? I’m sure we can have an extra 3-4 wins now.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#167 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:46 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Definitely could have kept him. Teams that go to finals the previous year don’t just gut the entire roster. How many games could suns have won in 4th Q with Payne playing? I’m sure we can have an extra 3-4 wins now.
They went to the finals 3 years ago. Id actually say the hindsight mistake was not trading Ayton that summer when his value was at its absolutely peak. They opt'd for keeping it together.

Boston lost in the finals the year after and I think they have what 4 players left from that roster still on the team. Hell the Bucks only have like 4 guys left from the roster that beat the Suns.

NBA rosters change rapidly, it's just the way it goes these days.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#168 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:00 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

They went to the finals 3 years ago. Id actually say the hindsight mistake was not trading Ayton that summer when his value was at its absolutely peak. They opt'd for keeping it together.

Boston lost in the finals the year after and I think they have what 4 players left from that roster still on the team. Hell the Bucks only have like 4 guys left from the roster that beat the Suns.

NBA rosters change rapidly, it's just the way it goes these days.

Yeah, it’s making sense why we traded nearly everyone on our roster. It sucks caus I value chemistry very heavily knowing how important it is to an organization to succeed, but yeah, the Suns team was unraveling the last couple of seasons especially in playoffs watching that Mavs & Pel’s series you knew something drastic has to be done.

Return to Phoenix Suns