ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,748

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title 

Post#221 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#222 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#223 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Scapegoating engaged!! :lol:

Sure firing the coach is the standard move in the NBA. But this team has far more problems than just the coach. It needs serious roster and front office changes. And especially to add more size, athleticism, toughness, grit! We're not gonna find that from some random vet min cast off options! We seriously need to maximize this draft and pick up an additional pick or two to begin adding legitimate size, length, athleticism, toughness, rim protection and lockdown defense. Oh yeah, and obviously also a competent floor general tablesetting guard too. Our soft pansy azz finesse culture has to change as the answer clearly isn't delusionally running things back as is and hoping for a different outcome!

I really like Nurkic, but called his getting targeted and exploited in the postseason repeatedly. As much as I'm a fan of his effort and willingness to play physical, we need to trade him for a more athletic and mobile option + a 2nd or two (preferrably in this draft). And yes! we might seriously need to consider trading KD too in order to pivot and add legitimate dpth, recoup lost assets, and add energizing young talent. Running things back with an even older injury prone core and an aging/declining Durant all while his age based value and contractual (length remaining) value both continue to decrease would be nearly as egregious as the incompetence already shown in numerous bad impulsive decisions. Trade Nurkic to one of the teams with multiple picks in this draft such as the wizards or the Spurs, pick up some cheaper but more mobile alternatives, and then use our pick and the additional acquired picks to legitimately add size, length, legit high end athleticism and high motor talent/tenacity.

Spurs
Nurk for Collins/Bassey/35th and 48th picks.
or
Graham/ Bassey/35th and 48th picks?

Brooklyn
Nurkic for Schroder/Day'ron Sharpe/ 25' Miami 2nd.

Washington
Nurk for Holmes/ 26th pick and 51st picks.

New York
Nurkic for Robinson/Mcbride/25th and 38th picks? (probably need to be part of a KD trade though).
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 823

Post#224 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Now all you are trying to trade Nurkic? Ya'll loved him all year!!!!

Also, imagine if we had Harden instead of Beal! I would have loved to have the beard
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#225 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:08 pm

TeamTragic wrote:Mods can we please ban these idiot DA stans?

I expect even more after the next game.

Why? cause we are providing facts that Ayton was actually a reason we made the finals!!!! So someone disagrees with you and you cry to kick them out. Be better
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#226 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 pm

enigmatics wrote:

They've been waiting in bed all year long with a picture of him on their nightstands surrounded by a bunch of lotion soaked tissues waiting to be able to jump on here to somehow equivocate that still having NonParticipAyton would somehow change the course of this season.

They're a very imaginative bunch. I mean like that malcontent wouldn't have mentally checked out under all the chaos and dissaray this year. He did it when the Suns were an upper echelon team for crying out loud.

Oh and vs. The Mavs in a historic 7th game slaughter AND AGAIN the very next playoffs when he didn't even play in the elimination game vs. the Nugs because his wib hurt i.e. he had mental and vaginal cramps.

We HAVE KD now, BEAL now, and your lover NURKIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayton was a part of a team that won playoff games, not get abused and swept by the TWOLVES LOL..

Enjoy this team. We were better off with depth, young hustle players, and players who had fun together!

Also, if anyone gets banned for backing Ayton then it should go both ways with dude talking about masturbAYTON with lotion
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#227 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:

Why? cause we are providing facts that Ayton was actually a reason we made the finals!!!! So someone disagrees with you and you cry to kick them out. Be better

-Everyone attacking DoubleDees, but he won’t cry and will be strong & resilient
- DoubleDees has feelings too
- Ayton & Doubledees have been college roommates
- stay tuned to find out what doubledeez stands for tonight after sports
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#228 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm

TBH if you swap Nurkic and Ayton right now with the way he played from All Star break, we now have an offensive threat down low that will open up shooters, and we also have a big who can defender up to the arch!
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#229 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:

:noway:

I am laughing lol. KD - double dees is what he will be getting in his face in Cancun.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#230 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:20 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:

:noway:

I am laughing lol. KD - double dees is what he will be getting in his face in Cancun.

:

Sorry bro.. read my inspiration in suns game 4 thread. I’m on a roll. :lol:
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#231 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 am

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

They've been waiting in bed all year long with a picture of him on their nightstands surrounded by a bunch of lotion soaked tissues waiting to be able to jump on here to somehow equivocate that still having NonParticipAyton would somehow change the course of this season.

They're a very imaginative bunch. I mean like that malcontent wouldn't have mentally checked out under all the chaos and dissaray this year. He did it when the Suns were an upper echelon team for crying out loud.

Oh and vs. The Mavs in a historic 7th game slaughter AND AGAIN the very next playoffs when he didn't even play in the elimination game vs. the Nugs because his wib hurt i.e. he had mental and vaginal cramps.

Ayton was a part of a team that won playoff games, not get abused and swept by the TWOLVES LOL..

Enjoy this team. We were better off with depth, young hustle players, and players who had fun together!

Also, if anyone gets banned for backing Ayton then it should go both ways with dude talking about masturbAYTON with lotion

Would any of you do KD+Nurk for Embiid? Would Philly I wonder. I ask because I think the Sixers go down in 5 and Embiid might ask out this summer.
sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#232 » by sunsfan1o1 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:42 am

Slim Charless wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

Would any of you do KD+Nurk for Embiid? Would Philly I wonder. I ask because I think the Sixers go down in 5 and Embiid might ask out this summer.

Why would Philly want KD? I’d give them Booker though. Booker ain’t it
What was Nike smoking when they gave him a shoe
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,995

Post#233 » by TeamTragic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:55 am

Slim Charless wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I would rather have Maxey but could see Embiid here.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#234 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:57 am

Slim Charless wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

I'm not sure hinestly! as enticing as the idea is of a Booker/Beal/ Embiid big three (much better fit) I'd just worry about his injury history and durability too much! I think that I'd much rather do a KD to New York or OKC deal like we've both discussed on here! Heck! IF I didn't care much about draft picks (seeing as we have none now thanks to grifter Jones)! I'd even consider a KD to Atlanta deal with them getting KD/Nurk, and us getting back Dejounte Murray/ Capela/ Bogdanovic/ Griffin/ ATL 24 1st (#10)/ Sac 25' 1st ( protected 1-12)/ 2028 1st. And it isn't even that I don't like Embiid, but rather I just like the other options you and I have suggested and discussed much better. :D

I was wondering about Beal though, IF Beal was willing, and Brooklyn was interested too, IF people would consider a Beal for Simmons/ Schroder swap? Simmons has a 40 million expiring contract next season, and Schroder is making 13 million, so together it'd be a much salary wise. And even though I wouldn't ask for any draft assets back, doing this trade would at least get us out of Beals' contract/no trade clause 2 yrs early, and give us a 40 million expiring to flip for assets or just let expire for greater cap reduction. IF we don't flip him immediately elsewhere, then I'd just run Simmons (for one season) at the SF in a kind of Draymond Green defensive role wherein he's not called upon at all to shoot, but only to playmake/pass/ and play defense like what Greens' role is in GS.

And for the Nets, swapping Beal for Simmons would at least give them a surefire star player that can actually contribute and not be dead salary. Beal could also form a pretty nice compliment to Bridges and Johnson, and the Nets would maintain a bit of cap space, their young talent, and their draft picks to still fill out their roster too. For the Nets, They'd run out a starting lineup of Beal/Thomas/ Bridges/Johnson/ Claxton (resigned)? That's definitely a solid upgrade for them. :nod:
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#235 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:

I'm not sure hinestly! as enticing as the idea is of a Booker/Beal/ Embiid big three (much better fit) I'd just worry about his injury history and durability too much! I think that I'd much rather do a KD to New York or OKC deal like we've both discussed on here! Heck! IF I didn't care much about draft picks (seeing as we have none now thanks to grifter Jones)! I'd even consider a KD to Atlanta deal with them getting KD/Nurk, and us getting back Dejounte Murray/ Capela/ Bogdanovic/ Griffin/ ATL 24 1st (#10)/ Sac 25' 1st ( protected 1-12)/ 2028 1st. And it isn't even that I don't like Embiid, but rather I just like the other options you and I have suggested and discussed much better. :D

I was wondering about Beal though, IF Beal was willing, and Brooklyn was interested too, IF people would consider a Beal for Simmons/ Schroder swap? Simmons has a 40 million expiring contract next season, and Schroder is making 13 million, so together it'd be a much salary wise. And even though I wouldn't ask for any draft assets back, doing this trade would at least get us out of Beals' contract/no trade clause 2 yrs early, and give us a 40 million expiring to flip for assets or just let expire for greater cap reduction. IF we don't flip him immediately elsewhere, then I'd just run Simmons (for one season) at the SF in a kind of Draymond Green defensive role wherein he's not called upon at all to shoot, but only to playmake/pass/ and play defense like what Greens' role is in GS.

And for the Nets, swapping Beal for Simmons would at least give them a surefire star player that can actually contribute and not be dead salary. Beal could also form a pretty nice compliment to Bridges and Johnson, and the Nets would maintain a bit of cap space, their young talent, and their draft picks to still fill out their roster too. For the Nets, They'd run out a starting lineup of Beal/Thomas/ Bridges/Johnson/ Claxton (resigned)? That's definitely a solid upgrade for them. :nod:

It's a big risk no doubt. I'm worried about his health and I'm not sure a Biid-led team can win a title. It'd be an easier choice if we still had the same medical staff that rejuvenated Grant Hill, Nash and Shaq. I think that left to go to some other team. I do think that 20 playoff games of Embiid along with Booker+ Beal can win a title. We need those 20 games though. He's useless sitting on the bench.

I think that IF he asks out then Philly would send him west. This talk of NYC getting him would never happen. Same with Boston and Miami. Those fans would riot. They're sending him to the opposite conference if they move him.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,105

Post#236 » by garrick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 am

Slim Charless wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

No way would the Sixers trade Embiid for an almost out of the league KD.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#237 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 am

The GOK essays are coming. Brace yourselves
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#238 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 am

You know we got swept when we discuss Ben Simmons
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,737

Post#239 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 am

Slim Charless wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty crazy that even random girls off Twitter are smarter than James Jones and Matt Ishbia on building a team.

Can we tweet this@Matt?

More importantly....who's the girl?

Hell, have her and Lindsey do a podcast and I'm down. As long as it's visual.

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,737

Post#240 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 am

TeamTragic wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty crazy that even random girls off Twitter are smarter than James Jones and Matt Ishbia on building a team.

Can we tweet this@Matt?

Tweet it at Isiah Thomas since that’s who has Ishbia’s ear.

Return to Phoenix Suns