ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN 

Post#401 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 pm

sasquatchBob wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Suggestions on how to replace watching basketball as a leisure activity?

NHL playoffs. Possibly the most fun playoffs in sports.

I need to wait 5 years for my team to be reactivated :nonono:
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 661

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN 

Post#402 » by Sunlight » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 pm

garrick wrote:
Sunlight wrote:
Ryu wrote:Now we can see the order of importance on the 2021 NBA Finals team:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Devin Booker
4. Mikal Bridges

And at that time, Booker had the help of CP3 and Bridges. While Ayton operates with small forwards Crowder and CamJ. It would certainly have been more comfortable with Pascal Siakim as Turner has now.

Ayton's effort wanes but he can keep his man in front of him on the switch and he gets you an easy 16-20 points per game on put backs or junk plays and gets you around 10 rebounds per game.

Nurkic this season has been an absolute disaster on defense when not matched up with plodding centers and it's frustrating to see him miss so many point blank shots at the rim when you know Ayton was good at cleaning up those shots at the rim even if he didn't always dunk the ball. I think he really needs to get shipped out before his value tanks because his intangibles like passing or even his supposedly better 3pt shooting are not enough to balance the deficiencies in his game.

This big 3 team is much worse even when healthy that the 2021 or 2022 team, they are hard to watch or root for and now are on the verge of being swept in round 1. :banghead:

The situation is really worrying and will not end anytime soon. Hard to see the big3 sitting at the same table after the season and somehow turning into players who care about winning like MJ or Kobe.
As someone said earlier, Booker and Beal got super max because of the circumstances, not the playing abilities.
Ishbia can hardly swallow his glory and starts to break up his dream team.
I don't see that a veteran minimum point guard at next February's transfer deadline will dramatically change this team for the better. It is not really possible to do anything else at this point.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#403 » by KLEON » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:Image

The Suns could use this man right now
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#404 » by KLEON » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 pm

You know I've never really said anything about Vogel until nearing the end of the season and these playoffs but WOW! he's really a special type of idiot. This Wolves team aren't difficult to beat. Vogel just play a uptempo offense, these Wolves are terrible on transition defense, play Okogie on Edwards to harrass him, I like Kat as a person but he's a dumbass on the court and will get into foul trouble, you can't let Alexander Walker have any impact on the game and Nurk needs to handle Gobert and Bol needs more minutes because you need his length and his skill set for his height can bother the Wolves. Btw I need old school Grayson Allen to handle McDaniels
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,613

Post#405 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Suggestions on how to replace watching basketball as a leisure activity?

Will you be rooting for Salt Lake City Mormons now or just forget about it?
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,970

Post#406 » by TeamTragic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm

KLEON wrote:You know I've never really said anything about Vogel until nearing the end of the season and these playoffs but WOW! he's really a special type of idiot. This Wolves team aren't difficult to beat. Vogel just play a uptempo offense, these Wolves are terrible on transition defense, play Okogie on Edwards to harrass him, I like Kat as a person but he's a dumbass on the court and will get into foul trouble, you can't let Alexander Walker have any impact on the game and Nurk needs to handle Gobert and Bol needs more minutes because you need his length and his skill set for his height can bother the Wolves. Btw I need old school Grayson Allen to handle McDaniels

We have known this since the first game of the season. Yet you have Flex/etc making excuses about how our stars "need time". That doesn't matter when this team has no identity, no coaching and are the WORST team in the entire NBA with star talent.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#407 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 pm

TeamTragic wrote:
KLEON wrote:You know I've never really said anything about Vogel until nearing the end of the season and these playoffs but WOW! he's really a special type of idiot. This Wolves team aren't difficult to beat. Vogel just play a uptempo offense, these Wolves are terrible on transition defense, play Okogie on Edwards to harrass him, I like Kat as a person but he's a dumbass on the court and will get into foul trouble, you can't let Alexander Walker have any impact on the game and Nurk needs to handle Gobert and Bol needs more minutes because you need his length and his skill set for his height can bother the Wolves. Btw I need old school Grayson Allen to handle McDaniels

We have known this since the first game of the season. Yet you have Flex/etc making excuses about how our stars "need time". That doesn't matter when this team has no identity, no coaching and are the WORST team in the entire NBA with star talent.

Relax little Tragic no need to get worked up about this team. You don’t want a heart attack at an early age brother.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#408 » by TeamTragic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

Relax little Tragic no need to get worked up about this team. You don’t want a heart attack at an early age brother.

Don't worry my dude. I'm not losing any sleep :lol:
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,857

Post#409 » by SkyBill40 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:12 am

How long after the series is over before Vogel is fired?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,695

Post#410 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 am

It’s insane how there are still people here defending Beal lol he’s getting roasted tf out on the GB and twitter, well deserved too.

2-10 in a do or die game. $50 MILLION DOLLARS for this.

Beal should donate his god damn salary for the year to the all the teachers in Arizona, every single one of them would get at least $10k raise probably.
Revived
RealGM

Post#411 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am

Read on Twitter
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#412 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:

Will you be rooting for Salt Lake City Mormons now or just forget about it?

No. I will treat it like the Nets and check in from time to time. I only root for Kachinas on the jerseys.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,234

Post#413 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter
Bradley Beal, you've just been damned
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#414 » by TeamTragic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:11 am

SkyBill40 wrote:How long after the series is over before Vogel is fired?

Well apparently Jones is safe and Vogel has "full support" which appears to signal that we are going to run it back :lol:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#415 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:19 am

TeamTragic wrote:

Well apparently Jones is safe and Vogel has "full support" which appears to signal that we are going to run it back :lol:

This season is the least games I’ve watched since 01 season and if they are indeed running back with same personnel I don’t think my heart can take 10 games next season. They play such a boring, bland type of ball that even middle school kids would refuse to watch. Feels like we have a bunch of Carmelo’s, JR Smith’s, Crawford’s & McGee’s on our team.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#416 » by TeamTragic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

This season is the least games I’ve watched since 01 season and if they are indeed running back with same personnel I don’t think my heart can take 10 games next season. They play such a boring, bland type of ball that even middle school kids would refuse to watch. Feels like we have a bunch of Carmelo’s, JR Smith’s, Crawford’s & McGee’s on our team.

This really is the worst NBA timeline :noway:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#417 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:41 am

TeamTragic wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

This really is the worst NBA timeline :noway:

True. We were suppose to be contenders for 5-7 years instead it was cut short thanks to Matty. It’s a shame we got 2-3 years from CamJ, Booker, Mikal, Ayton.. all we needed to do was minor trades like the Lakers did and we’d still be in good shape competing. Instead we about to run it back with garbage that shall net us similar results. I can’t wait. … NOTTTTT!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,178

Post#418 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:31 pm

Puff wrote:I do not know if I can watch another game coached by Vogel.

That might actually be the right big move for them to make.

Has Vogel always been such a big "midrange" coach? Just thinking about the teams he's had success with, AD and LeBron live there a lot, and those Pacers teams had guys like Dvid West and Paul George.

I think that's one of the big things that did them in. In part without Grayson Allen for the series, Minnesota attempted 20 more 3-pointers in the series. For decades, Minnesota was way behind in the 3-point math, but Chris Finch turned that around. Phoenix has good (even great) three-point shooters in Durant, Booker and Beal but they just didn't take enough of them.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Revived
RealGM

Post#419 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 pm

Klomp wrote:
Puff wrote:I do not know if I can watch another game coached by Vogel.

That might actually be the right big move for them to make.

Has Vogel always been such a big "midrange" coach? Just thinking about the teams he's had success with, AD and LeBron live there a lot, and those Pacers teams had guys like Dvid West and Paul George.

I think that's one of the big things that did them in. In part without Grayson Allen for the series, Minnesota attempted 20 more 3-pointers in the series. For decades, Minnesota was way behind in the 3-point math, but Chris Finch turned that around. Phoenix has good (even great) three-point shooters in Durant, Booker and Beal but they just didn't take enough of them.

Our players are stubborn and always take the most inefficient shot in basketball (midrange).

Booker will pass up wide open 3s to take a heavy contested midrange at least 3-4x a game. KD same thing. I don’t know what the hell Beal be doing out there.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,098

Post#420 » by sunsbg » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:53 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:This season is the least games I’ve watched since 01 season and if they are indeed running back with same personnel I don’t think my heart can take 10 games next season. They play such a boring, bland type of ball that even middle school kids would refuse to watch. Feels like we have a bunch of Carmelo’s, JR Smith’s, Crawford’s & McGee’s on our team.

So true. I used to laugh at Melo Knicks wondering if there is a coach on that team. Suns offense this season was almost the same ISO garbage. Early in the season Nurk made it look better, but at the end of the season he started turning the ball over too. He regressed a lot, though with offensive Big 3 his role should have never been to play make.

Return to Phoenix Suns