ImageImageImage

The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What WC and EC team are you pulling for in the 2nd round?

Mavs
2%
Nuggets
7%
Thunder
20%
Twolves
22%
Cavs
2%
Celtics
3%
Knicks
18%
Pacers
27%

Total votes: 60

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,770

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#41 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 1, 2024 7:58 pm

https://www.azfamily.com/2024/05/01/phoenix-suns-owner-mat-ishbia-president-james-jones-speak-following-playoff-loss/

Phoenix Suns owner Mat Ishbia, President James Jones to speak following playoff loss
Arizona’s Family to livestream press conference at 2:30 p.m. PHOENIX (AZFamily) — Phoenix Suns owner Mat Ishbia and team President and General Manager James Jones will address the media following the team’s playoff loss several days ago.

Ishbia and Jones are expected to speak at 2:30 p.m. Arizona’s Family will livestream the press conference on our website, app and social media.

The end-of-season press conference comes on the heels of a disappointing playoff run, which saw the Suns swept in the First Round. The season was capped off by a 122-116 loss on Sunday, despite a 49-point effort from Devin Booker and 33 points from Kevin Durant. The four-game sweep was a gut punch for a team that entered the season with championship aspirations.

The star-studded trio of Booker, Durant and Bradley Beal looked great on paper, but ended with zero playoff wins. Questions remain on how Jones will maneuver around the league’s salary cap. The Big Three all have big salaries, and Grayson Allen recently received a $70 million, four-year extension. Questions are also circulating around head coach Frank Vogel and where he stands with the team.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#42 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 1, 2024 8:10 pm

https://heavy.com/sports/nba/new-york-knicks/knicks-eye-jalen-brunson-devin-booker-pairing/

Knicks Willing to Offer ‘Almost Anything’ to Pair $221 Million Star With Jalen Brunson: Report
By Alder Almo
Updated May 1, 2024 at 3:57pm

The New York Knicks are eyeing to pair their emerging star Jalen Brunson with Phoenix Suns’ four-time NBA All-Star guard Devin Booker, according to PHNX Sports’ Suns lead writer Gerald Bourguet.

And the Knicks are willing to move heaven and earth to make their dream backcourt a reality.

“Adding a young superstar with four All-Star selections and one All-NBA selection (and possibly a second to follow soon) like Booker to the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference makes sense from the Knicks’ perspective. He and Jalen Brunson would form an electrifying, high-scoring backcourt for one the NBA’s most pleasant surprises, and according to a source, New York would be willing to offer almost anything to make that pairing happen,” Bourguet wrote on April 29. The Knicks are in a prime position to trade for a star. They have eight tradable first-round picks, including this year’s No. 24 (from Dallas) and No. 25. Their savvy front office has also stacked tradable midsize contracts.

Booker, the longest-tenured Suns player, is entering the first year of his $221 million, four-year supermax extension next season.

The Knicks could offer Julius Randle and either Donte DiVincenzo or Mitchell Robinson plus draft picks. Randle and Robinson would give the Suns the toughness they needed under Frank Vogel to surround a Kevin Durant-Bradley Beal combo.

But if the Knicks wanted to retain Randle, they could offer both Mitchell Robinson and Donte DiVincenzo plus Bojan Bogdanovic as the salary filler and all the draft picks they could give the Suns.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,002

Post#43 » by TeamTragic » Wed May 1, 2024 8:11 pm

Can we breakdown how many times Jones has made a good pick, a bad pick and how many times he has passed on talent?

Then we can tweet Matt and I'm honestly shocked that not a single Arizona reporter has the balls to post that article.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#44 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed May 1, 2024 8:19 pm

TeamTragic wrote:Can we breakdown how many times Jones has made a good pick and how many times he has passed on talent?

Then we can tweet Matt and I'm honestly shocked that not a single Arizona reporter has written an article.

Umm.. maybe because they don’t want to lose their jobs.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,440

Post#45 » by dremill24 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:28 pm

Theres a world where moving Booker is a thing but man the Knicks would not be someone I'd want to deal him to...just nothing attractive that they'd be able to send back.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#46 » by TeamTragic » Wed May 1, 2024 8:29 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:https://heavy.com/sports/nba/new-york-knicks/knicks-eye-jalen-brunson-devin-booker-pairing/

Knicks Willing to Offer ‘Almost Anything’ to Pair $221 Million Star With Jalen Brunson: Report
By Alder Almo
Updated May 1, 2024 at 3:57pm

The New York Knicks are eyeing to pair their emerging star Jalen Brunson with Phoenix Suns’ four-time NBA All-Star guard Devin Booker, according to PHNX Sports’ Suns lead writer Gerald Bourguet.

And the Knicks are willing to move heaven and earth to make their dream backcourt a reality.

“Adding a young superstar with four All-Star selections and one All-NBA selection (and possibly a second to follow soon) like Booker to the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference makes sense from the Knicks’ perspective. He and Jalen Brunson would form an electrifying, high-scoring backcourt for one the NBA’s most pleasant surprises, and according to a source, New York would be willing to offer almost anything to make that pairing happen,” Bourguet wrote on April 29. The Knicks are in a prime position to trade for a star. They have eight tradable first-round picks, including this year’s No. 24 (from Dallas) and No. 25. Their savvy front office has also stacked tradable midsize contracts.

Booker, the longest-tenured Suns player, is entering the first year of his $221 million, four-year supermax extension next season.

The Knicks could offer Julius Randle and either Donte DiVincenzo or Mitchell Robinson plus draft picks. Randle and Robinson would give the Suns the toughness they needed under Frank Vogel to surround a Kevin Durant-Bradley Beal combo.

But if the Knicks wanted to retain Randle, they could offer both Mitchell Robinson and Donte DiVincenzo plus Bojan Bogdanovic as the salary filler and all the draft picks they could give the Suns.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#47 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 1, 2024 8:56 pm

dremill24 wrote:Theres a world where moving Booker is a thing but man the Knicks would not be someone I'd want to deal him to...just nothing attractive that they'd be able to send back.

I'd want all of their picks or at least 5, maybe Anunoby and Divencenzo. But you're right! They definitely don't have much if any young exciting talent. Although IF we did move Book, or he asks out in the next two years or so, it's likely that Durant would ask out or force a trade as well because he wouldn't want to be on a low level non contender with only he and Beal featured for his last years. :dontknow:
BringinDaRuckus
Starter
And1: 77

Post#48 » by BringinDaRuckus » Wed May 1, 2024 9:34 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Theres a world where moving Booker is a thing but man the Knicks would not be someone I'd want to deal him to...just nothing attractive that they'd be able to send back.

I'd want all of their picks or at least 5, maybe Anunoby and Divencenzo. But you're right! They definitely don't have much if any young exciting talent. Although IF we did move Book, or he asks out in the next two years or so, it's likely that Durant would ask out or force a trade as well because he wouldn't want to be on a low level non contender with only he and Beal featured for his last years. :dontknow:

Stix would love this! :lol:
Looking forward to the 28-29 season.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#49 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 1, 2024 9:34 pm

Read on Twitter
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#50 » by TeamTragic » Wed May 1, 2024 9:40 pm

Matt
- "We are in a great position"
- "There is accountability for everybody"
- "We want to be best franchise in all sports"
- "The Phoenix SUNS are doing great"
- "Even if we win a championship we will improve"
- "We have a starting five under contract"
- "Meeting with everyone on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday"
- "Everything is on the table"
- "Nothing has been discussed yet"
- "Starting five is coming back"
- "Booker is a leader"
- "Jones and Vogel are on the same page"
- "We made decisions together"
- "We are one of the best teams"
- "I can't control health"
- "I'm fun and good looking" :lol:
- "We are always going to go for it"
- "We are good enough to win a championship next year"
- "I spoke with Grayson to make him comfortable about this team"
- "We have years with KD/Beal not just one season"
- "Are we getting better or not?"
- "Leadership is important"
- "We weren't good enough this year"
- "We are making changes and improvements"
- "I hate losing"
- "My kids hates when the team loses" :lol:

Jones
- "Frank did a great job"
- "Minnesota is a better team"
- "The team can benefit from a point guard"
- "Point guard not an answer to our problems"
- "Under stress we had a lack of chemistry"
- "I have to give credit to Minnesota"
- "We formed an identity during the season"
- "We look at this from year to year"
- "Different NBA but same formula"
- "Not enough moments where we were on the same page"
- "This is a league about talent"
- "Sacrifice starts with KD/Book/Beal"
- "You have chemistry issues when you lose"
- "Chemistry is built through fire"
- "Continuity matters for the players"
- "We ran out of time"
- "I'm not thinking about 2031"
- "We will explore every scenario"
- "[Kevin Durant] had a phenomenal season"
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,298

Post#51 » by Slim Charless » Wed May 1, 2024 9:52 pm

JKiddy wrote:Flex from Jersey says Booker to BK for Cam Thomas, DFS, one pick return, and Simmons expiring someone said.

Is this what people in Phoenix are really hearing?

Reported for trolling.

Mods flush these POS trolls if they wanna post nonsense please. This wouldn't fly on other boards.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#52 » by mkot » Wed May 1, 2024 9:57 pm

TeamTragic wrote:SUMMARY

Matt
- "Booker is a leader"
- "I hate losing"

Jones

They also say the team don't need a PG

I love how the FO going through so much and learning nothing.

Unserious, from top to bottom.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#53 » by TeamTragic » Wed May 1, 2024 10:19 pm

Per Matt he will be meeting with EVERYONE in the next few days including players and staff :nod:
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,816

Post#54 » by Qwigglez » Wed May 1, 2024 10:21 pm

Yeah sorry, I don't think Booker desperately wants to play with Jalen Brunson that badly. In order for the Knicks to trade for Booker they'd have to give up everything besides Brunson, and I still don't think that is amazing value for the Suns. The Knicks don't have any young promising assets, and retooling around KD and Beal would be asinine. If the Knicks wanted to pair Brunson with Beal then maybe something is there, but I don't see that either.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,951

Post#55 » by Saberestar » Wed May 1, 2024 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This tells me that Frank Vogel will be fired.

I don't like to hear that "our starting five will be back" because we would have to study every avenue trying to improve the roster.

I understand that Book, KD and Allen (because of his extension) are probably a sure thing on the team next year but we would need to be open to trade Beal and Nurkic.

Beal could be really difficult to trade, we know, but we can AT LEAST try to do it. Nurkic is on a fair deal so he could be traded easily for equal value.

And obviously everything that Ishbia said can be false and just a free talk...we will see in the offseason.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,440

Post#56 » by sunskerr » Wed May 1, 2024 10:49 pm

I won't be invested or really following the team too tightly next year. No reason to. That's for the team to prove that they're worth following. I'll be checking our record and catching some games here and there.

That being said, I can live with running it back with a new coach and some new vet minimums BUT if it isn't 100% clear we are a contender that is coming together as a unit we better be shipping Durant off at or before the trade deadline, or make some other moves to signal the start of the rebuild at the very least (ship off Eric Gordon for picks, etc.).

By that point we will have over 100 games of sample size to make a pretty damn safe bet it's not gonna happen (well, statistically speaking you don't really need n>100. you could have made a somewhat safe bet we'd not been a contender by the 30 games mark this past year lol).

Continuing on Durant: his value is as high as it will ever be for us at 36 coming off a 70+ game season on elite offensive production. It will only get lower and with our empty coffers, and how we didn't "flip the switch" this year, we have to play it safe and maximize our return even if we lost the Nets trade horribly (sunk cost fallacy).
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#57 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed May 1, 2024 10:50 pm

TeamTragic wrote:Matt
- "We are in a great position"
- "There is accountability for everybody"
- "We want to be best franchise in all sports"
- "The Phoenix SUNS are doing great"
- "Even if we win a championship we will improve"
- "We have a starting five under contract"
- "Meeting with everyone on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday"
- "Booker is a leader"
- "I hate losing"

Jones
- "Minnesota is a better team"
- "The team can benefit from a point guard"
- "Point guard not an answer to our problems"
- "Under stress we had a lack of chemistry"
- "I have to give credit to Minnesota"
- "We formed an identity during the season"
- "We look at this from year to year"
- "Different NBA but same formula"
- "Not enough moments where we were on the same page"
- "This is a league about talent"
- "Sacrifice starts with KD/Book/Beal"
- "You have chemistry issues when you lose"
- "Chemistry is built through fire"
- "Continuity matters for the players"
- "We ran out of time"
- "I'm not thinking about 2031"
- "We will explore every scenario"
- "[Kevin Durant] had a phenomenal season"

Ok?
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#58 » by TeamTragic » Wed May 1, 2024 11:00 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This tells me that Frank Vogel will be fired.

I don't like to hear that "our starting five will be back" because we would have to study every avenue trying to improve the roster.

I understand that Book, KD and Allen (because of his extension) are probably a sure thing on the team next year but we would need to be open to trade Beal and Nurkic.

Beal could be really difficult to trade, we know, but we can AT LEAST try to do it. Nurkic is on a fair deal so he could be traded easily for equal value.

And obviously everything that Ishbia said can be false and just a free talk...we will see in the offseason.

Matt said starting five are back (i.e. locked into a contract) and that is accurate. That doesn't mean we won't trade anyone if the right deal comes along.

No answer from Matt on Vogel which is not good for him.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#59 » by Stix » Wed May 1, 2024 11:02 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

:banghead:
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,174

Post#60 » by starbosa10 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:05 pm

Nurk would've been the only member of the starting five realistic to move. No one is taking beal's ntc anyway

Return to Phoenix Suns