ImageImageImage

The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What WC and EC team are you pulling for in the 2nd round?

Mavs
3%
Nuggets
8%
Thunder
19%
Twolves
20%
Cavs
2%
Celtics
3%
Knicks
19%
Pacers
27%

Total votes: 64

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,819

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#441 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 8, 2024 12:15 pm

Read on Twitter
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,297

Post#442 » by Frank Lee » Wed May 8, 2024 12:45 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:Aaahh
That felt good sabes. A GD warm fuzzy. Like an enema applied with gentle hands of a scantily clad nurse. Oooo

Yes… how could i forget all those good things. Dude, you be trolling

I get it … its your schtick. But your head is up your azzz if you cant see we will be worse before we are better. This team is on the verge of being dangerously dysfunctional, more so, and i didnt think it was possible, than the Dark Sarver yrs.

Lol

Paying the luxury tax?
G-League team?
Games for free in TV?
Ring of Honor for Matrix and STAT?
Practice facility for the Mercury?
Flopping against Jokic and getting a tech from him? That was funny and effective.

And the list goes on and on... but yeah, keep selling to other people that he is the devil and all the other 29 owners are angels.

Such a low bar you set… hes not the devil, hes just another know it all arrogant blowhard rich F*** who blindly has set this franchise back 5 yrs. And BTW… it appears he is an ass too. Ferchristsakes, just listen to him!

But you get your Free tv … and essentially the other bare minimums listed above, that any owner is expected to do.

Yay

Troll on dude. Proof is in the pudding
What ? Me Worry ?
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,129

Post#443 » by garrick » Wed May 8, 2024 12:48 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Every Suns fan despises Ishbia with passion so it’s not a huge surprise. Why couldn’t we get a calmer owner that cares about winning instead of making rash decisions?

I like Ishbia and I think he is trying with his best intentions and resources to put the Suns on the top of the league.

So far hasn't worked out well for us but he is gonna keep investing on the team, hopefully with better results.

Ishbia is refusing to change our big three and our idiot coach and yet you still like him? After we were swept with the same team he wants to run it back? I can’t stand his smug look as he tells the world that suns fans don’t worry everything will be fine.

Surprisingly there are still lots of Suns fans on r/Suns who are still big fans of Ishbia. I give it one more year and if another early playoff exit happens even these fanbois are going to jump off the bandwagon.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,140

Post#444 » by handsome salary » Wed May 8, 2024 12:56 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:[
I’m already jumping on the Twolves bandwagon. Teams like Suns, Coyotes, Cardinals never win and upset the fans. I’ve already accepted that Suns won’t win a championship in my lifetime as I’m nearing 40 soon. It’s pretty sad that Raptors, Nuggets, and now possibly Twolves/OKC will win a title meanwhile Suns always make the playoffs but never bring in physical, tough dog players for a chance at a title. Look at Ant he’s the future MJ baby face assassin who desperately wants to eat out your heart and win a title. We never have those types of stars.

2/3 of the NBA franchises have won/lucked into a championship. Not the Suns. Even up 2-0 in the Finals with home court. Longest tenure in the NBA without a trophy. A truly cursed organization. They've lost three finals in six games. 6-6-6.

Of course having a team loaded with players who treat wins/losses the same AKA "whatever' won't bring any hardware home.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,310

Post#445 » by Slim Charless » Wed May 8, 2024 1:46 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:Aaahh
That felt good sabes. A GD warm fuzzy. Like an enema applied with gentle hands of a scantily clad nurse. Oooo

Yes… how could i forget all those good things. Dude, you be trolling

I get it … its your schtick. But your head is up your azzz if you cant see we will be worse before we are better. This team is on the verge of being dangerously dysfunctional, more so, and i didnt think it was possible, than the Dark Sarver yrs.

Lol

Paying the luxury tax?
G-League team?
Games for free in TV?
Ring of Honor for Matrix and STAT?
Practice facility for the Mercury?
Flopping against Jokic and getting a tech from him? That was funny and effective.

And the list goes on and on... but yeah, keep selling to other people that he is the devil and all the other 29 owners are angels.

Good points. Forgot about some of this. I've been pissed at Marion for awhile and say he never deserved a ROH spot. The rest I agree with.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Post#446 » by King4Day » Wed May 8, 2024 2:01 pm

Ishbia made one (big) mistake. Trading the world for KD when everyone knew it was a mistake (giving up as much as we did).
Beyond that, we all got what we wanted. An owner willing to spend and not caring about money.

Given how much we gave up getting Durant, his thinking is likely that this needs to be seen through. Even if it's just for one more season.
Many people saying Ishbia is the devil are the same ones praising his purchase a year ago. He's what we wanted. He's going through a trial by fire right now and may be stubborn to fix his mistakes, but don't expect this to be who he will be for the next 40 years.
Brooklyns last owner started off with a bang by trading the world for KG and Pierce (which directly led to Boston getting Brown and Tatum), but then was able to step back and let the front office fix things (which led to solid drafting and the ability to have the space for KD and Kyrie to arrive).
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#447 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 8, 2024 3:36 pm

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Post#448 » by King4Day » Wed May 8, 2024 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,665

Post#449 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:56 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Biff wrote:I unfortunately already really dislike Ishbia. Maybe as much as I disliked Sarver. I have a feeling the 2010's are headed our way again. Don't have much desire to sit through another decade of that. I'll still come around but I think I'll find some new teams to root for. Ishbia doesn't deserve my money.

I’m already jumping on the Twolves bandwagon. Teams like Suns, Coyotes, Cardinals never win and upset the fans. I’ve already accepted that Suns won’t win a championship in my lifetime as I’m nearing 40 soon. It’s pretty sad that Raptors, Nuggets, and now possibly Twolves/OKC will win a title meanwhile Suns always make the playoffs but never bring in physical, tough dog players for a chance at a title. Look at Ant he’s the future MJ baby face assassin who desperately wants to eat out your heart and win a title. We never have those types of stars.

I lived in Minnesota so I have somewhat of a decent reason to pull for them. I lived in Denver too and pulled for them the last few years if the Suns were out. I also lived in SA briefly, but will never pull for them.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#450 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:58 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Every Suns fan despises Ishbia with passion so it’s not a huge surprise. Why couldn’t we get a calmer owner that cares about winning instead of making rash decisions?

I like Ishbia and I think he is trying with his best intentions and resources to put the Suns on the top of the league.

So far hasn't worked out well for us but he is gonna keep investing on the team, hopefully with better results.

Jeezus dude…. What is it you like about him? Other than your normal assfull of sunshine takes?!
NBA didnt do a very good job in vetting this clown.

Yeah, I was going to say, how can they approve this guy after the Sarver debacle? Can they do a little research?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#451 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:03 pm

Saber isn't trolling. He's just positive which isn't a bad thing. I don't agree with him here regarding Ishbia. I do fear if we run it back KD has a bad injury again and tanks his trade value and we are screwed. Regardless of that happening, I could see this team finishing high up in the standings or out of the playoffs. Zero idea. I really think we need an offensive coach.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,045

Post#452 » by Son of Ra » Wed May 8, 2024 5:09 pm

Slim Charless wrote:

Vogel isn't the problem. Players have to play. Fix the fit between the players and problem is solve.

There needs to be a VERY good reason to fire a coach after 1 year. Vogel hasn't given me one to fire him after 1 season.

Dude, you know you don't have to be contrarian right?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,159

Post#453 » by sunsbg » Wed May 8, 2024 5:11 pm

Only hope is these guys show some pride next season. Nothing else about to change it seems.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,159

Post#454 » by sunsbg » Wed May 8, 2024 5:13 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Saber isn't trolling. He's just positive which isn't a bad thing. I don't agree with him here regarding Ishbia. I do fear if we run it back KD has a bad injury again and tanks his trade value and we are screwed. Regardless of that happening, I could see this team finishing high up in the standings or out of the playoffs. Zero idea. I really think we need an offensive coach.

Suns and NBA are like religion for Saber. Trust and don't question it much. lol
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#455 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 8, 2024 5:13 pm

King4Day wrote:Ishbia made one (big) mistake. Trading the world for KD when everyone knew it was a mistake (giving up as much as we did).
Beyond that, we all got what we wanted. An owner willing to spend and not caring about money.

Given how much we gave up getting Durant, his thinking is likely that this needs to be seen through. Even if it's just for one more season.
Many people saying Ishbia is the devil are the same ones praising his purchase a year ago. He's what we wanted. He's going through a trial by fire right now and may be stubborn to fix his mistakes, but don't expect this to be who he will be for the next 40 years.
Brooklyns last owner started off with a bang by trading the world for KG and Pierce (which directly led to Boston getting Brown and Tatum), but then was able to step back and let the front office fix things (which led to solid drafting and the ability to have the space for KD and Kyrie to arrive).

The communal things he's accomplished are admirable and endearing for sure man! And I actually do like Ishbias' commitment to spending to improve and be as competitive as possible too! But Ishbias' rabid impulsiveness and uncontrolled manic nature are wreckless and off-putting when it comes to the very necessary focus and due diligence necessary to make the best-informed decisions at his position. For my part, Ishbia made (at least) 3 big mistakes in what was clearly a very reflective situation coming into this franchise as a brand new owner with no real prior sports ownership experience:

1- Ishbia didn't bother taking the time to properly evaluate our core trajectory, nor did he bother to fully reflect upon the composition and chemistry (developed over the years of this roster that he inherited. Because IF he had only chosen to take the requisite time to reflect fully on the potential and fit of specific players on this roster, he might of found it wholly unnecessary to go to the extreme in try to rashly overhaul the entirety of it. But he did so coming into this franchise as a rich, brash, arrogant new owner looking to make a very controversial and splashy move too hastily just because he was seeking the clout and acclaim it would return as well as the attention for him to aggrandize himself over the delusional outcome that he envisioned. Sure most anybody would trade for a "Kevin Durant" if they could, but he didn't really take the time or show the patience to consider if he should at the initial cost! And the careless impulsiveness to drastically overpay when KD held all his leverage in that situation, and had we only waited a bit longer, we might have gotten him for a lot less as it was a very unfavorable situation for Brooklyn to have to wait (with all the bad publicity) dysfunction, etc. At the very least with all of the picks sent out AND Ceowder, Bridges should've been excluded, and Crowder should've been the replacement with maybe one other filler.

2- Not reviewing the body of work (or lack thereof) of James Jones more in-depth to ascertain fully if he is actually the right type of person to be the GM for this team? I say this due to his many failures in his duties and his in both free agency, the draft (predominantly self-inflicted due to his unwillingness to scout or do any research whatsoever), glaring weaknesses in trade negotiations being repeatedly on full display for multiple years of his 7-year tenure with us. And most notably aside from his irrational pathological aversion of the draft as an obviously viable avenue for acquiring cost-controlled young and developing talent
when that was the obvious evolutionary direction of the vast majority of the rest of the league. His direct unwillingness to even entertain this concept spoke to his clear ego-driven delusions of superiority thinking he was smarter than everyone else in the room. Even when his choices have repeatedly shown diminished returns or negative consequences. Jones being able to keep his position for so long with any substantial positive results or correlative successes are clearly a product of coasting through his tenure as an underperforming "yes man" puppet GM to ego-driven inexperienced, immature owners with a "rich boy" attitude that need nothing more than their egos stroked over the tangible success that more legitimate front offices and owners around the league prioritize and seek to yield successful outcomes IN ALL areas of their organizations. Jones is just a smooth-talking grifter who cares more about his title and unearned salary than the actual dynamics for the success of this team long term.

3- Doubling down on his rash/ impulsive bad decisions by going to the extreme even further by pursuing Beal at an exorbitant cost
even though it was yet another clear situation of us having complete and utter leverage in the situation, and then he compounded this further by allowing Jones to do what he does best in eagerly giving away the bulk of the few remaining draft assets we had left for further redundancy in an almost identical player to Booker in our backcourt with neither truly complementing the others skillset to bring crucial positional balance because their skillsets and attributes BOTH overlap each other.

All of the 3 contributory factors left our franchise with no flexibility, no remaining assets for nearly a decade, and legitimate alternative choices or contingency options to correct things outside of dismantling things from the foundation of this team, but with exponentially depreciating value going forward and our window of contention closing more each season as our team continues to age/decline with no available options while almost every other team fully maximized ALL OF THEIR AVAILABLE OPTIONS including those we continually ignored every year! (the draft/internal development/ asset acquisition) and are only becoming stronger as we slowly become weaker. These significant concerns clearly speak to both our owners' and our GMs' borderline delusional ego-driven misplaced sense of superiority amongst their peers, despite numerous historically embarrassing outcome patterns slapping them in their faces perennially, yet due to their pride, egos, stubbornness, neither will take accountability to promote the necessary changes to fix these issues and make us legit contenders.

This next rebuild outcome will take twice as long as our depressing first one because they gave all of our assets away to help other teams dominate us! :-? :banghead:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#456 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 8, 2024 5:27 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Saber isn't trolling. He's just positive which isn't a bad thing. I don't agree with him here regarding Ishbia. I do fear if we run it back KD has a bad injury again and tanks his trade value and we are screwed. Regardless of that happening, I could see this team finishing high up in the standings or out of the playoffs. Zero idea. I really think we need an offensive coach.

Hey now!
I'm positive too ya' know. I'm positive that Ishbia coming in here guns a blazing trying to hard to make a name for himself and clout chase by irrationally doing whatever he could absent of reasonable team/roster assessment/reflection has put our franchise on course for a delayed rebuild that'll likely extend twice as long as our one under saver, and that'll be much more unpleasant as it'll inevitably cost us Booker too over time, and because we'll have absolutely have no assets to initially start out with in this delayed rebuild as other teams gladly capitalize on our inept owner and GMs' misguided and delusional ego driven course is ridden out until the wheels fall off!

However, I'm also positive that I have legitimate ideas to fix this dilemma rather quickly IF our front office can only muster enough testicular fortitude to actually put their egos aside and consider slightly alternative methods to strengthen our depth and positional strengths! And at a fairly minimal expense compared to their decisions. And in considering these ideas, they could also reopen their window of plausible contention for a further 4-5 yrs possibly.

Having said that, I'm also positive that Ishbia will do almost anything to bite the bullet and admit his mistakes to begin making changes! And I'm also quite positive that if came down to fully dismantling our future and team potential, or having to start focusing on the draft, Jones will do everything in his power to avoid the actual work and focus on the draft. :D
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,421

Post#457 » by Puff » Wed May 8, 2024 5:40 pm

I will not be surprised if we end up with Vogel.

I would prefer Becky Hammond. After all I was born and raised in Hammond Indiana many moons ago.

However, why would she or anyone of any merit want this job. That being a questionable roster with little resources to improve it. I also expect that she will be in line to replace Popovich when the time is right while inheriting Wemby and the Spurs front office.

The only coaches that would want our job are those that are desperate. It certainly is not an ideal landing spot as much as Ishbia try to sell it.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,646

Post#458 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed May 8, 2024 5:51 pm

What should I do? Should I admit that I've made mistakes? Should I remind you that I've done this before? Should I give you a history lesson?
What should I do? Should I tell you how much fun we had rooting for Phoenix? Should I really believe, That Suns will win one day? What should I do? What should I do? What should I do? Should I have my Suns tattoo removed? Wanna see my shiny Suns new poster? Should I just sell the poster?

Or should I tell you I am not a role model Seriously, what should I do? Should I tell you I'm a Championship chaser? Here for the glory ? Rings? Should I be who you want me to be? Should I accept my role... as a Suns fan? Maybe I should just disappear… Should I stop listening to my friends? What should I do?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,793

Post#459 » by sunsbum » Wed May 8, 2024 6:01 pm

garrick wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I like Ishbia and I think he is trying with his best intentions and resources to put the Suns on the top of the league.

Ishbia is refusing to change our big three and our idiot coach and yet you still like him? After we were swept with the same team he wants to run it back? I can’t stand his smug look as he tells the world that suns fans don’t worry everything will be fine.

Surprisingly there are still lots of Suns fans on r/Suns who are still big fans of Ishbia. I give it one more year and if another early playoff exit happens even these fanbois are going to jump off the bandwagon.
ahh, hivemind Reddit. Literally bottom of the barrel “discussion” aka hot takes.
I hate this team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,646

Post#460 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed May 8, 2024 6:06 pm

sunsbum wrote:
garrick wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

ahh, hivemind Reddit. Literally bottom of the barrel “discussion” aka hot takes.

I hate Ishbia I really hate him. :cry: :cry:

Return to Phoenix Suns