ImageImageImage

Want to see where Boris Diaw's priorities are at?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ma_falaa_50
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by ma_falaa_50 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:10 am

Hey man, I dont expect these guys to be saints but I expect these guys to be smarter than this. Having drinks at a pub with the guys is different from going out to clubs. When was the last tme you heard someone die because of a fight at a pub?

The thing that irritates me if it was Amare on these pics evryone would be calling him a thug without hesitation. I dont why Boris should get let some slack. Fact is this isnt the first time he has his pic taken with these type of girls. He should be smarter than that.

I dnt care about what sahwn does because any news thats isnt too whiny is always good news regarding shawn. I dont see LB or Tuck which shows these guys are good quality guys. I see Boris is focused on being a star rather than a basketball player much like his buddy shawn over there. Both these guys have regressed since 04-05 I dont think Amare has anything to do with it do you?

gut check time suckas!
flanpaw42
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#22 » by flanpaw42 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:12 am

ma_falaa_50 wrote:OMG man he has a 45 million dollar contract and these nasty girls are the best things he can do?

His game sucks both on and off the court.

he is french, i mean what else can you expect from him.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#23 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:33 am

Frank Lee wrote:

and when its all said and done...for JJ we got a slacker party boy giving minimal contribution and a late teen draft pick. wooohooo....yet another steller front office manuever.

you serious? come on man, joe johnson was going, he asked us not to match, and we werent going to, yet we fooled them into giving us 2 picks, and diaw, as well as the trade exception used to sign james jones

now what happened to those picks and jones later is irrelevant, the fact is that in the deal that we got diaw, we totally fleeced the hawks because we never would have matched for JJ and getting ANYthing was better than nothing

how quick we all forget how much diaw did for us in the 04-05 season, i bet you werent thinking that way then?

come on frank?
dm17415
Head Coach
And1: 172

Post#24 » by dm17415 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:35 am

ma_falaa_50 wrote:I dnt care about what sahwn does because any news thats isnt too whiny is always good news regarding shawn. I dont see LB or Tuck which shows these guys are good quality guys. I see Boris is focused on being a star rather than a basketball player much like his buddy shawn over there. Both these guys have regressed since 04-05 I dont think Amare has anything to do with it do you?

Ofcourse it could be true that LB and Tuck would rather stay home then go out party but just because there are no pictures we can't jump to the conclusion that they don't go out. Although Diaw seems to have too much fun and pretty bad taste. As for Marion i don't think he has quite regressed, even though his scoring has dipped he is just adjusting to being secondary to Amare while leading the team in rebounding and steals.
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#25 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:40 am

ma_falaa_50 wrote:Hey man, I dont expect these guys to be saints but I expect these guys to be smarter than this. Having drinks at a pub with the guys is different from going out to clubs. When was the last tme you heard someone die because of a fight at a pub?

man serious? who freakin cares if he is at a club? wow those girls look tough, im sure they have AK's in their handbag and diaws gonna get a cap in his a$$

The thing that irritates me if it was Amare on these pics evryone would be calling him a thug without hesitation. I dont why Boris should get let some slack. Fact is this isnt the first time he has his pic taken with these type of girls. He should be smarter than that.

so what you are saying is people would unfairly judge amare if he was doing the same thing, and you wouldnt think thats fair?

if they judged amare calling him a thug, you would say "cut amare some slack"

but when they dont judge diaw and they DO cut him some slack, you want them to judge him???? crikey man, talk about a double standard

I dnt care about what sahwn does because any news thats isnt too whiny is always good news regarding shawn. I dont see LB or Tuck which shows these guys are good quality guys. I see Boris is focused on being a star rather than a basketball player much like his buddy shawn over there. Both these guys have regressed since 04-05 I dont think Amare has anything to do with it do you?

i think its TOTALLY ridiculous to make judgments on people based on some photos of them out drinking. you dont think nash gets drunk? jordan cheating on his wife, kobe sleeping with hotel clerks? come on, a players social life, as long as its not drugs or addictions, does not reflect their committment to the sport and their team

you people are just crazy with your hate for everything diaw related

funny how when we see trix in the same photos, or photos of nash drunk we ignore them?

seriously, get over it
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#26 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:41 am

-SDU- wrote:crikey man

Was waiting for one of you Aussie's to use that :)
dm17415
Head Coach
And1: 172

Post#27 » by dm17415 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:44 am

-SDU- wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
you people are just crazy with your hate for everything diaw related

I believe its just frustration of Suns fans that Diaw is not playing up to his abilities/potential that we are being extremely critical of him.
JJ13
Rookie
And1: 488

Post#28 » by JJ13 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:16 am

First off, SDU's gotta calm down. Like me, I think he likes to booz often, correct??

I really have no disagreement with Boris partying -- My disagreement is with the consistent talk of his lack of energy and passion on the court. Sure he can handle the ball well and plays "ok" defense, but if I could trade him and a few other throw-ins for a solid baller (i.e. Artest) I would do it in a heart beat. Sure Artest has got some issues, but at least he's aggressive and competitive as hell. We need more of a competitive spirit on this team -- Raja and Nash are the only true fierce competitors on the team, and Amare some/most times. I want to see our guys get more rowdy and fired up...Not eating french bread and drinking wine while taking the ball to the hoop like a pussy
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#29 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:19 am

re: the last 2 posters saying the issues are with diaws play on the court

exactly - i agree, judge him for that totally, but my only issues were the silly attempts to take their frustrations for his on court actions out on his off court actions when there is nothing wrong with his off court behaviour

but as far as being frustrated at his on court actions - im in there with you guys, im frustrated. but SLOWLY, he is improving, he is finally looking for his own shot more, and when that shot starts falling, he should be okay
KPCB34
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#30 » by KPCB34 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:23 am

Diaw going to a club has nothing to do with him playing the way he is.

I think alot of you guys are expecting Diaw to play the way he did when Amare was out, its not going to happen so get over that dream.

Im one of the first to say trade Diaw but as SDU said hes trying to play his way back into a decent player by being more agressive offensively and looking for his shot.

DA is definately giving him enough opportunity to play well.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#31 » by WTFsunsFTW » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:23 am

SDU, I can understand your frustration with the diaw bashing, but you have to understand this is like the 5th time he been topless on this website. the combination of his underperformance in both his aggressiveness and his stats make it an uphill battle in trying to justify his off court antics.
KPCB34
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#32 » by KPCB34 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:25 am

Its good to see he has a social life, this maybe the 4th time hes been seen topless but it is the same 2 pics that keep showing up.

This pains me to be defending diaw :banghead:
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#33 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:45 am

WTFsunsFTW wrote:SDU, I can understand your frustration with the diaw bashing, but you have to understand this is like the 5th time he been topless on this website. the combination of his underperformance in both his aggressiveness and his stats make it an uphill battle in trying to justify his off court antics.

once again tho, what he does in his personal time means nothing to me

why do we need to justify his off court antics? we dont, thats his business, personally i think its sad that people think its worth taking photos of and posting on a website, let the dude have some peace

like everyone here when they were in their early 20's (or when they get to their early 20's) wont have many nights where they went out chasing tail and doing silly things in their histories, so what?

man, he aint no eddie griffin masturbating his way to a car accident, he aint being put up on any rape charges, he isnt shooting his gun outside of a strip club, he hasnt kicked any camermen lately, he hasnt come out and said "i hate fags" like tim hardaway, he doesnt cross dress, he isnt gay, so really, WHO CARES????

there are plenty of worse things to do that go out, drink, take your top off and get your photo taken by losers while you flirt with skanks, woopdedooda
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#34 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:49 am

-SDU- wrote:man, he aint no eddie griffin masturbating his way to a car accident, he aint being put up on any rape charges, he isnt shooting his gun outside of a strip club, he hasnt kicked any camermen lately, he hasnt come out and said "i hate fags" like tim hardaway, he doesnt cross dress, he isnt gay, so really, WHO CARES????

:lol:
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#35 » by Frank Lee » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:04 am

This party boy lifestyle is detrimental to a championship.

If Doris is in fact out barhopping the night before a game, then yes, I think that can effect his play. Strange how we do not see reports of Nash, Amare, Marion, Bell, etc out with Doris as well.

His commitment and passion are what is in question here. A party boy who is playing like sheet better have his ass in bed at a decent time.

Would it be better if he was at a gym, trying to tone up his pastry fat, than at a bar adding to it?? This guy has loafed into camp 2 friggin yrs runnin.
What ? Me Worry ?
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,389

Post#36 » by mkot » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:14 am

All valid points. But we don't know when these pictures are taken. From what we've been reading on newspaper, Boris has been the last one leaving the gym practicing his shot with Weber. So while these pictures might be taken recently, you can't dispute the fact that he's been spending time in the gym.

Frank Lee wrote:Strange how we do not see reports of Nash, Amare, Marion, Bell, etc out with Doris as well.

Nash, Amare and Raja are all married men, they also have kids as well. And Shawn has a long-time GF. Not really making excuse for Boris, just saying that might be the reason he is hanging out with some random women... :-?
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#37 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:24 am

Frank Lee wrote:This party boy lifestyle is detrimental to a championship. His commitment and passion are what is in question here. A party boy who is playing like sheet better have his ass in bed at a decent time.
you cant tell me that there arent players on EVERY single team doing the same thing?, boris just has some losers with no life of their own taking photos of him. how do you even know diaw is drunk in the photos?? he might be, but so? why does he have to be in bed early when he works from 3pm till 11pm each day, its not like he has to be in 9-5, he does 3-11, so he can well and truly go to bed up to 6 hours later than a normal office worker and still get 8 hours sleep and be fresh for the game the next day

If Doris is in fact out barhopping the night before a game, then yes, I think that can effect his play. Strange how we do not see reports of Nash, Amare, Marion, Bell, etc out with Doris as well.
>?>? i dont get it? how do you know they arent out? amare got blasted for throwing money into a club crowd (as a stunt for the club), nash goes skateboarding through new york subways, there is clear proof that nash gets drunk every now and then also, and hes a 2 time MVP, i still dont get peoples big deals?

Would it be better if he was at a gym, trying to tone up his pastry fat, than at a bar adding to it?? This guy has loafed into camp 2 friggin yrs runnin.

firstly, he came into camp GREAT this year after playing for the french national team and having a suns trainer with him for that competition

here is a quote from an official article on suns.com basically proving that you are a hater with an ignorant opinion on diaw when you are trying to tell us that he "loafed" into camp this year

flanpaw42
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#38 » by flanpaw42 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:23 pm

here is my whole problem with diaw and these pictures.

A)he is sucking right now. i am a functioning alchoholic but my performance at work hasn't declined.

B) he is letting people take pictures of him. why make yourself a target if you are already in peoples crosshairs.

as far as boning fat girls or hoes, who cares. she becomes rich if she gets knocked up so if he is dumb enough to do something then so be it.

Nash and Marion are busting their butts so i have no problems with anything they do. if you suck the last thing you should do is take your focus off your job.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ClosAZ
Junior

Post#39 » by ClosAZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:28 pm

dm17415 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I believe its just frustration of Suns fans that Diaw is not playing up to his abilities/potential that we are being extremely critical of him.

You got it, count me in there. I used to see Barkley out ALL the time when I was in college and he partied his A** off. BUT, the guy could do this and put up 30 and 15 the next day after a night of drinking and hanging with several skanks. ( Married too, at the time).

If you're playing like dog sheet and seen out all the time partying than he deserves some public bashing. It just sends a bad message to the fans. Diaw's passive attitude on the court doesn't help his cause here either. At least when I see Bell struggling these days you can see he's pissed as hell and takes it out on somebody with a flagrant foul or technical. If Boris showed passion I think alot of us would calm down on him a bit...
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#40 » by ma_falaa_50 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:39 pm

Man 4 pages? wow. boris is not worth such hassle. Personally If he wants to be the next shawn kemp let him. DOes he kinda look affeminete on these pics than manly? I mean every shot he is always in his underpants and the ladies are always fully clothed.

gut check time suckas!

Return to Phoenix Suns