ImageImageImage

Want to see where Boris Diaw's priorities are at?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#41 » by Cash » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm with SDU on this one. Who cares if he parties? Two summers ago, he let himself go & came into camp very fat. Last summer, he worked out all summer & came into camp in good shape. He's sucked both years. THAT'S the issue. Boris needs to start playing better if this team is serious about being a contender. He currently has the worst +/- of anyone in our rotation, and it's not even close. Yet he's the 4th-highest paid player on the team. We know the Suns won't ever be increasing their payroll past what it is now, so either Diaw needs to start performing at least halfway up to his contract, or he needs to be shipped out for nothing, so the Suns can bring in someone who doesn't suck.
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#42 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:19 pm

flanpaw42 wrote:
B) he is letting people take pictures of him. why make yourself a target if you are already in peoples crosshairs.

so perhaps he should punch the photographers then?
acis
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#43 » by acis » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:39 pm

delete the thread before the wolves front office see's it. hurry!
^^impulsenine
KPCB34
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#44 » by KPCB34 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:42 pm

You guys aer worried about boris going to a club occasionally? who cares.

You should be more worried about Nash skatboarding and playing pick up bball games and soccer games in the street!

What if he got injured? thats what scares me.
doubleh11
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#45 » by doubleh11 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:32 pm

dude, can't blame him for tagging three girls at once.....but wouldn't be bad to see him banging three shots in a row as well.....a lot of good players party hard, but he is not good enough yet....he should definitely be called out!....and how can you be a professional and have a gut like that.....come on big dawg!
JHo&T.O.FaSho
Banned User

Post#46 » by JHo&T.O.FaSho » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:24 am

He got some ashy elbows and shirt off ain't doing him much justice...tons of NBA players love to ball it out Josh Howard dude is a monster at the strip club and hell I've even heard from lame friends that he on the party scene big time and he does party with me and my friends he just a cool dude.
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#47 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:40 am

^ well he obviously has no committment to the team and his game and he is a loser and should be cut because hes a waste of space
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#48 » by Frank Lee » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:13 am

Thanks for the correctional commentary Sdu

Doris still is playing like a puzzy...and has yet to live up to any of the accolades mentioned in your popwood Diaw article. Firing muscles my ass. Increased explosivenesss and power...hah

thats his trainer talking...whose bosses are spinmastas StevieK and MikeyD

ship this french loafer out....
What ? Me Worry ?
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#49 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:31 am

Frank Lee wrote:Thanks for the correctional commentary Sdu

any time

the facts are far more informative than opinion ;-)
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#50 » by Frank Lee » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:37 am

Yeah buddy...and those 'facts' are more entertaining when they come from the front office spinmachine.
What ? Me Worry ?
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#51 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:19 pm

as opposed to the suns board resident "mr negative"???
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#52 » by Frank Lee » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:31 pm

I prefer Captian Negative

CAPTAIN NEGATIVE
Abilities: Limited mind control, limited shape-shifting.
Affiliation: E.V.I.L. (disbanded)

Info: The father of all downers, Captain Negative can control others, or instill in them deep depression and self loathing. He loves nothing more than to make people miserable.

Let me ask you this....pick one player on the Suns....and have his minutes and money be replaced...who would that be??? The way it stands right now...the cost cutting move that should have been made was getting rid of Doris instead of KT....but I am afraid we will have this crepe suzette for the duration of his deal.
What ? Me Worry ?
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#53 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:00 pm

Let me ask you this....pick one player on the Suns....and have his minutes and money be replaced...who would that be??? The way it stands right now...the cost cutting move that should have been made was getting rid of Doris instead of KT....but I am afraid we will have this crepe suzette for the duration of his deal.

thats fine, were talking FACTS, my only issue was with your BS assertion that diaw came into camp out of shape, when he clearly came into camp in great shape.

you want to criticise diaw, thats cool, but dont make stuff up

we could never have gotten rid of diaw the way we did kurt, kurt had 1 year left on his deal, hence his attractiveness to the sonics
flanpaw42
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#54 » by flanpaw42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:26 am

-SDU- wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

so perhaps he should punch the photographers then?

not saying punch the photographer, but look at him. he is posing.

like i said he is making himself more of a target for criticism. it isn't hard to put 2+2 together
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#55 » by ma_falaa_50 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:35 am

the thing is the suns are amking Boris something he is not. the reason his shooting has been down this season is because of the shots he has taken. when he is open he is in mid-range and If he is on the block he has to set himself up and boris was never explosive so he really cant get enough rise to make the shot harder to block. the fact that he cant finish after contact doesnt help either. I think as long as Boris continues to play agressive and instinctively I am slowly accepting his large contract.

As for the pics, It makes him look dumb and reckless. I really couldnt careless wht he does with his free time but he has to continue to contribute to this squad.

I really do think he needs to get stronger and refine his skills not just staying in shape. If he refines his skill he can be at PF and Amare at C or even Diaw at SF, Amare at Pf, and Skinner at C. I think Boris needs to stop thinking too much and play instinctively more often.

Personally the suns offense may not be the same without Mike but Phx needs a teacher in the coaching staff. These guys need to be taught the fundamentals of basketball. when it comes down to it Having a versatile F does not negate the suns diar need for a legit Center or backup pg.

gut check time suckas!
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

Post#56 » by enigmatics » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:37 am

You mean photos like this doesn't make you all jealous of his body?

Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#57 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:47 am

enigmatics wrote:You mean photos like this doesn't make you all jealous of his body?

(picture)

Nope. These photos make me jealous of him. I'm a sucker for blondes. :wink:
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#58 » by KJ7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:13 am

Unless he just decides to wear the same shorts to every club (and how the heck do you get in with shorts anyway?!) it seems like he just had a big night and was naive (or too wasted to know any better).

Woopdedo! We don't know when they were taken so saying that this is affecting his form this season is misleading in the least.

Like someone said prev, as long as he's not getting caught firing guns outside a stripjoint or organising pitbull fights in his backyard it's no biggy.

Of course if he's doing this regularly and it's affecting his fitness and performance then I'd expect mgmt to be on top of that and notice.

I'm not expecting any of our players to never go out. That's just unrealistic! But you do expect them to behave professionally espec in the reg season. I guess if we knew a bit more about the timing of these photo's then that would give me a better indication of whether he's doing the right things or not.

At the moment they are some random photo's that couldve been taken whenever (well after we traded for him). Not exactly a specific enough timeframe for me to even get upset by it.
mojaber
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#59 » by mojaber » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:48 am

LOL @ this thread.
acis
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#60 » by acis » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:37 pm

y'all just jealous that diaw has more chicks in his bed in a single photo than you have had in your life.

not to mention the sweet elephant shelf/ikea bead-spread.

edit: lol at the arm-sling chick taking her sling off for the photo and it clearly being visible on the bed in the background.

^^impulsenine

Return to Phoenix Suns