ImageImageImage

Weird Trade Rumor: PHO-MEM-MIN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#21 » by eastsidecrossover » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:38 am

I would love to get Miller here! I am not forsure about barbs as a full time PG. that has been a huge weakness for us. I am not a fan of McCants and Madsen.

However, I do see that the only team we can work with is the grizz concerning Diaw due to Ivy as the head coach.

I would like to see us get some type of big depth and get Miller.
Xand1
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Xand1 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:49 am

It depends on how much of a boner the Wolves FO has for Beasley.

Lowry'd be an upgrade over anything we have at PG and is an intriguing fit next to his old Nova running mate, but Diaw's contract is terrible and his play has been just as bad of late. Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but playing a 6'8 guy at C sounds even worse than playing him at 4 and moving Al to the 5, where's proven he's less effective.

Is Diaw seriously considered a C prospect outside of a Phoenix small ball lineup? If we were to play him at the 3 until Foye gets back I could see him maybe fitting in, but not as a 4/5.

If I'm MN I don't do it, as there has to be a way out there to save some cash on Jaric's contract instead of taking on even more salary. Lowry is a good prospect, but Rose looks like the true floor general that this team needs. Then again, I'm not the Wolves GM (unfortunately), so who knows... if they seriously want Beasley (and to assemble the worst defensive front court in the NBA), then Lowry is an upgrade over Foye/Telfair as a PG...
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#23 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:59 am

miller, mccats, jaric, salmons? wow i would take any of these guys, they are all tall, can shoot, play the point,

i would be seriously looking at any of these deals
JHo&T.O.FaSho
Banned User

Post#24 » by JHo&T.O.FaSho » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:12 am

Suns need to make a move for Pietrus, any available players they wanna trade for...I bet the Kings would do a Diaw for Artest in a sec...guess contracts would match fairly close too...yall need one more type of stellar player if yall plan on getting anywhere championship wise...somebody who can get you over the edge.
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#25 » by -SDU- » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:42 am

diaw is a BYC so the contracts wont come close

i would do diaw for artest tho, bt that aint happenin
Jimmy103
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by Jimmy103 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:25 am

Memphis wouldn't do this...makes no sense for them at all
skatesb16
Sophomore

Post#27 » by skatesb16 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:41 am

Even if we did this trade, Mike Miller would probably be the only one out of the three players coming in that would get any consistent minutes. But still, if we could add another high-quality player and only give up the most worthless guy in our rotation, DO IT!
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#28 » by TASTIC » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:46 am

^Yeah but unlike Diaw, he can give us STARTER quality minutes, 35+ over 3 positions
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#29 » by wolves_fan_82au » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:33 am

anyone wanna explain too me why would Minnesota and Memphis do this ???????

suns would think we are idiots they rip everyone off

if this happens im giving up on the wolves completely :banghead:

btw Lowry is awesome its just not worth giving him up for Mccants
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#30 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:14 pm

wolves_fan_82au wrote:anyone wanna explain too me why would Minnesota and Memphis do this ???????

suns would think we are idiots they rip everyone off

if this happens im giving up on the wolves completely :banghead:

btw Lowry is awesome its just not worth giving him up for Mccants

+1

Good trade for Phoenix
Bad trade for MN
Horrible trade for Memphis

And this rumor supposedly came from a Phoenix station. Coincidence?
Go7enKs
Senior

Post#31 » by Go7enKs » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:48 pm

Come on guys. Don't get excited just to see some trade rumors. Try to be objective. Let me try:

Mike Miller: clearly the best player who's been tossed around in these rumors. He's a good all-around player but do we really need him? He's a 3pt shooter and he would cut Hill minutes and I doubt he'd play as good as Hill is playing on D.

Marko Jaric: mediocre player. And I feel i'm being too good saying that. He would be useless for us.

Lowry: interesting for his youth, could be a good backup for Nash. Again, whose mnutes do we cut to make space for him?

John Salmons: another great all-around talent. Would be a good addition if we get rid of Diaw. But he is smaller, and would take Hill and Marion's minutes. And he wouldn't add much to the table.

What we really need is a BIG MAN. Stop salivating when a talented player is named in rumors. Wehave enough offensive talent. What we would need is a good big man to replace Diaw. He should be decent on offense and great on defense. We don't need any swingman. Of course Miuller and Salmons wouldn't hurt. But they wouldn't be difference-makers.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by TASTIC » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:51 pm

^I think you're wrong, our TOP priority should be a veteran point/combo like a Salmons or Cassell or Bibby, one who can play anywhere from 15-30mins when needed. True, we also need a BIG MAN, but the more pressing issue is someone to spell Nash and get the ball out of Barbosa's hands when he's made to play point (which he clearly can't).
Go7enKs
Senior

Post#33 » by Go7enKs » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:57 pm

How do you get the ball out of Barbosa's hands? You need to cut his minutes and he wouldn't be as effective as he is now. I mean scoring.

I guess you talk about Salmons assuming we would get him to replace Diaw. Because otherwise there are no minutes for him either.

And I still think that we should replace Diaw with a legit 4 or 5 who would give us some good defense and rebounding.

If u think we don't need rebounds just check how we were killed on the boards in all our losses.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by TASTIC » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:05 pm

Yeah Im not disagreeing about us needing a big - we need a true ballhandler to back up Nash. The reason Banks doesn't play is because he can't play essentially 'mini-Nash', and neither can Barbosa. Barbosa can shoot the 3 though, which is why he plays and Banks doesn't.

If we could get Cassell and TT our problems would be near solved in one easy trade...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,124

Post#35 » by shrink » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:40 pm

General consensus from the Wolves posters is "no."

I haven't even posted it on the MEM board, I think its so bad for them.

And like I said, I don't think this makes any sense for MEM, but I thought I'd pass it on over here because some of you would be interested.
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#36 » by eastsidecrossover » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:05 am

Yes, the suns want miller, but this trade is not going to happen. and it is very hard to find any decent big man the suns will go after unless they have to give up a big piece of the puzzle. I think miny fans are over evaluating there talent too.

I think diaw is stuck in a hole, well a donut hole that is. I do not see him ever playing back to his potential with amare healthy. A trade would do him good.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by TASTIC » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:18 am

I think Villanueva could be had for the right price, and if we're going to have an inconsistent young shooter (Banks) he may as well be 6'11"!!
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#38 » by -SDU- » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:20 am

^ is he really inconsistent? hes 14 of 31 this season

just over 45%
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by TASTIC » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:26 am

^What I mean is, he's either 4pts or 18pts...I'd love him here...

Right now, I'd give Banks+ATL pick for him...
KPCB34
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#40 » by KPCB34 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:34 am

Only if he would get the minutes.

Im with SDU

Dont care what we do or we get aslong as they play.

or just play Banks, hes proved he can play.

Return to Phoenix Suns