ImageImageImage

Send Mike back to Europe!!!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Send Mike back to Europe!!! 

Post#1 » by nashill » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:25 am

To Phoenix Suns Office, please FIRE Mike D'Antoni..

HIS SYSTEM

- still getting outrebounded
- played nash, barbosa and banks, marion and diaw at the same time ???
- no Skinner at the 2nd half?

Mike D'Antoni IS SO ONE DIMENSIONAL...
Suns_fan_2007
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Suns_fan_2007 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:27 am

I hurt. Where the hell was Skinner? Where was STAT during key stretches during the 3rd and 4th?

No calls made for STAT? Unforgivable.
Suns fan during the KJ era (Coliseum), through the Barkley era (Am West Arena), and now the Nash era (US Airways Arena)!
13-32
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by 13-32 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:27 am

I want Gentry to take over.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#4 » by -SDU- » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:32 am

you fools who want to sacl the coach after every loss need to calm tf down

honestly, do you slash your wrists every time the other team scores then celebrate when we score back?

whatever, sack the coach, BS, what a load of rubbish, im frustrated by certain dantoni things, but honestly, what does sacking the coach do? no system in the entire league makes nash a MVP caliber player, diaw a MIP, barbs a 6th man winner

without dantoni, we would be no where near as good as we are

he could change some things for sure, but sacking him is total BS
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#5 » by KJ7 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:36 am

13-32 wrote:I want Gentry to take over.

Hell. No!!!

I'm with SDU. We seem to have a knee-jerk "trade X" "Sack X" after just about every loss.

I thought D'Antoni was terrible tonight but the important thing is that he learns from it. And I don't mean the outrebounding thing. We give that up somewhat so that we can play the way we do on offense. It doesn't take a genius to work that out and it seems to be working pretty good up until now.

So tell me who this coach is that you guys want to put in place?
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#6 » by eastsidecrossover » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:57 am

I think the players are the ones who lost this one. Did not pick it up and hit the shots, or make the critical stops.

the rebounds on the tv said we won the rebounding battle 39-37.
ClosAZ
Junior

Post#7 » by ClosAZ » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:01 am

KJ7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hell. No!!!

I'm with SDU. We seem to have a knee-jerk "trade X" "Sack X" after just about every loss.

I thought D'Antoni was terrible tonight but the important thing is that he learns from it. And I don't mean the outrebounding thing. We give that up somewhat so that we can play the way we do on offense. It doesn't take a genius to work that out and it seems to be working pretty good up until now.

So tell me who this coach is that you guys want to put in place?

That's the problem. there is No alternative in the middle of a season. I'm saving my final judgement on Mike D after the end of this year. But I'll tell you what, who out there doesn't think we're playing with fire with Bell and Hill playing the minutes there are, Banks rotting on our bench (at least I thought he would play a bit to generate trade value, and Skinner not getting MORE minutes like he has deserved.

My perspective is that the sky is not falling but Mike D's stubborness and inflexibility pisses me off more than anything else. I hope Bell gets healthy soon because as soon as he does he'll be playing his 35-40 minutes again. :banghead:
nashill
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by nashill » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:04 am

-SDU- wrote:you fools who want to sacl the coach after every loss need to calm tf down

honestly, do you slash your wrists every time the other team scores then celebrate when we score back?

whatever, sack the coach, BS, what a load of rubbish, im frustrated by certain dantoni things, but honestly, what does sacking the coach do? no system in the entire league makes nash a MVP caliber player, diaw a MIP, barbs a 6th man winner

without dantoni, we would be no where near as good as we are

he could change some things for sure, but sacking him is total BS

Ohh... Ok so you're not looking forward to the Playoff right? Do you really think the current system can win the championship?

By the way, do you really believe Mike will change? WHEN? I havent seen any changes. Is there a team in the NBA history won a championship while getting outrebounded on each of every game?

Do you think without Mike made Nash the MVP? I BEG to DISAGREE on this. Nash is only the reason why im rooting for this team and definetly I know how godd he is on any system...

Made Diaw MIP? in his system yes, but do you really think DIAW can bring a championship playing center?
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#9 » by -SDU- » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:23 am

hell yeah im looking forward to the playoffs

you mean to tell me that without the BS suspension and ref issues that the suns werent good enough to win it?

GTFO of here man, dantoni has had us as one of the elite teams in the NBA the last year years

we have had our most successful 3 year span in franchise history, 2 time conference finalist, 1 time semifinalist (screwed out of it)

its great we have such high standards, but dantonis system is what maximises our potential whilst minimizing our deficiencies. without that system, nash wouldnt be an MVP, heck he would only be a borderline allstar - nash wasnt even this good in nellies system and thats an offensive system too!

you talk about getting outrebounded, which we do and i agree it sucks, but for the record we outrebounded the hornets tonight by 2.........
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#10 » by dantian » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:23 am

The 05/06 version of Suns would not make it to the playoffs in the West this year. The league has caught up and knows how to defend Nash and his System now and how to exploit Suns defensive weakness mainly due to Nash's defensive shortcoming. Get over the nostalgie already and move to establishing a consistent alternative of going to Amare for inside-out games, at least as a complimentary one to the SYSTEM!
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#11 » by -SDU- » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:30 am

teams thought they had us figured out last year too and we were a corrupt ref and a BS suspension away from eliminating the champions

every year people want to jump off the system and every year they come crawling back in april when the suns sew up another high 50 win season ready for the playoffs

not once have we been eliminated from the playoffs as a result of our system

04-05 we got beaten by a far more superior team expeciallly after losing joe johnson.

05-06 we made the conference finals and lost, we had no amare, no kurt and bell on 1 leg

06-07 - suspensions, corruption, and bad umpiring. in no way was our system not up to the challenge of those big games

man, there are defensive teams who dont win the title every year, is there system screwed? no

i have faith that we can come out and compete for a title without making any changes to our system
fuhgidabowdit
Banned User

Post#12 » by fuhgidabowdit » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:26 am

-SDU- wrote:teams thought they had us figured out last year too and we were a corrupt ref and a BS suspension away from eliminating the champions

every year people want to jump off the system and every year they come crawling back in april when the suns sew up another high 50 win season ready for the playoffs

not once have we been eliminated from the playoffs as a result of our system

04-05 we got beaten by a far more superior team expeciallly after losing joe johnson.

05-06 we made the conference finals and lost, we had no amare, no kurt and bell on 1 leg

06-07 - suspensions, corruption, and bad umpiring. in no way was our system not up to the challenge of those big games

man, there are defensive teams who dont win the title every year, is there system screwed? no

i have faith that we can come out and compete for a title without making any changes to our system

please stop with the yearly excuses, if you actually think at this moment that the suns can win the championship with this current roster you are blind.

the spurs, detroit and possible the celtics are a better team fit to win it all more than the phoenix suns this year.

the spurs beat us by placing bowen on nash and we cant stop duncan even if we triple team.

the pistons stop our offensive game probably the best out of all teams and we dont have an answer for billups. i dont even want to say how badly we will get out-rebounded by them.

the celtics is still a mistery but allen always kicked our butts and we never had an answer for garnett.

i still think we can get past the lakers, hornets, jazz, and by a slim margin over the mavs with our current roster, but no way we beat the spurs will this roster, we had a much better chance last season to beat them, but we didnt because we lost game 1, people look back at the suspensions, but i look back at game 1, you dont loose that game and we are in the finals.
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#13 » by -SDU- » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:31 am

i never said excuses, i was pointing out that it wasnt our style that lost it

we never once lost because we were a run and gun team

if you think for a second that the suns COULDNT have won last year then YOU are blind

this team has the potential to be far better than last years and by that, we are going to be a contender this year

sometimes we are all too lucky, man, you can only name 3 teams with a better shot than us to win it, to me, that makes us championship contender

if we are the 4th best team in the league, then we are in with a great shot and better than 26 other teams

anyways, im not defending that, im defending dantoni whom people seem to be so ingorant about thinking that any old coach can come in here change the system and still take us deep into the playoffs
fuhgidabowdit
Banned User

Post#14 » by fuhgidabowdit » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:52 am

with the talent level on our team, there is a boat load of coaches who can come right in and lead this team to a championship.

i agree with you that we are a "contender" thats all fine and dandy, what we need is a "CHAMPIONSHIP", for our fans that pay alot of money and support this team here in phoenix.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#15 » by mkot » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:52 am

I don't feel like defending the guy after tonight frustrating loss, but to be honest, I'm glad that we lost the game. I'd rather he lost a regular season game because of the 3 guards lineup he put out there, than he lost a playoff series because of the same BS. Maybe we need to go through even more pain and lose a few more games in the process, then so be it. Remember the guy didn't start KT until we lost Game 1 in the Spurs series. He isn't dumb, at least I hope.

He is the best for us right now. We're still on par with the Spurs (record wise), so we fire the coach? Please.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,492

Post#16 » by BurningHeart » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:45 am

This thread makes me cry.

SDU, I love you. In a non-gay way, of course.
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#17 » by ma_falaa_50 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:16 am

We shall see what you guys say when the suns lose again in the playoffs. If you recall the suns ran out of gas at the end of game why you ask? well that tends to happen when you only play 6 GUYS!!!!.

Dantoni has a legit 6th man, a 2 time MVP, a 3 all stars and yet he has 0 finals appearance. I dont care about injuries and suspensions fact is ____ happens. Mike should have done a better job at holding amare down.

This franchise has seen this before- winning 60 and they also saw the 93 team flaming out in the second round so Phx fans has seen so many bad omens. Losing games to teams like this and playing with out great chemistry is all too familiar. Dont even give me that crap about its all in the past because Poeple who dont learn form the past are doomed to repeat it. This team knows what the fans current mindset is and they still play like garbage. If they play some speck of defense and not allow 118 point maybe fans would not freak out so much but they dont so fans will freak.

The suns know whats up and until they bring a championship to this city the pesemism will continue. I hope Marion ego has been stroked enough because his lack of game is really pathetic. He wants 20 million then play like - you ass. I hope your readint this Shawn because your spoiled ass do not deserve any resect. you complain about money when you are already a millionare and doing something that people would love to do for 1 millionth the price. Step up!! you wanted to prove you are the man then prove it shawn. Prove that you can score off the dribble or go to the Fs, or rebound the tough rebounds or even shut down somebody. You are a baby shawn and I hope the suns do trade you and win a championship without. you piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you were pissed that you were going to be traded to boston for fillers not star players. Go waste someone else's time shawn. you and dantoni can go ____ each other and your "unique skills". I hope he realizes HE wont be in the all star game.

Guys - and that's everyone, don't forget this is a public forum so please don't blatantly forget the swearing needs to be ZERO.

cheers

TASTIC / another frustrated Suns fan
:banghead:

gut check time suckas!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#18 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:29 am

Obviously there are some things that are lacking with the Suns. The majority of posts in the thread (and others) would be different if there wasn't really.

I still think you guys gotta improve in a couple of your weaker areas to be a legit title contender. Enhance the changes to get to the finals. Because there hasn't been significant betterment in the flawed areas of the Suns. Unfortunate, but because of ownership and coach's philosophies.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#19 » by pidi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:43 am

if we play defense, and hell yeah, this year we played some kind of defense in some games, NOONE can stop us.
and believe me, this team looks like it can walk the walk...
if everybody plays hardnosed than we can win it all.
and the loss showed again that rara is the heart of our defense, can
nashill
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by nashill » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:20 am

-SDU- wrote:i never said excuses, i was pointing out that it wasnt our style that lost it

we never once lost because we were a run and gun team

if you think for a second that the suns COULDNT have won last year then YOU are blind

t

I still believe that running is Phoenix strength, but the coach should know when to run and when NOT to run. Should be flexible enough in case needed. Example, last year in the regular season, its very rare to see Amare and Kurt on the court together, but when they faced San Antonio in the playoff, D'Antonio was forced to play them together and slowed down the game and pyschologically, it became Spurs advantage. The question is, a GOOD coach could have figured it out that a possibility of Kurt and Amare being together might be needed but D'Antoni was so reluctant in the regular seaon to play them together so that not much of adjustment in the playoff. He only knows a basketball that runs and runs.....The reason why for me, he so ONE DIMENSIONAL as a coach.

Now, its so obvious that almost every team has figured out how to beat this team, but still no adjustment from the coach.

Rebounding, yes Suns outrebounded Hornets by 2? Look at the offensive rebound guys.

Return to Phoenix Suns