F:Jarron Collins
G:Ronnie Price

GO SUNS!!
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#2 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:19 am

I like seeing Banks in our rotation....hopefully Nash plays and plays well.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#3 » by mkot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:39 am

Nash not flying to Utah tonight (the flu).
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,335

Post#4 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:51 am

So we roll with

Barbosa
Bell
Diaw
Marion
Amare
----
Skinner
Banks
Pike
Marks
Tucker

In that order...

OUCH
leaguegod692
Senior
And1: 26

Post#5 » by leaguegod692 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 am

apperently nash is still a strong chance to play ?
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#6 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:06 am

Surely without Nash we go conventional? Especially against the Jazz who are murder on the glass. :dontknow:

C. Skinner
PF. Amare
SF. Marion
SG. Bell
PG. Barbosa

The sky still isn't in sight and even with a loss against the Jazz should not come any closer as we may be a little undermanned.

GET SOME NUTS!!!
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
leaguegod692
Senior
And1: 26

Post#7 » by leaguegod692 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:21 am

diaw will start,

but i'm pretty sure nash will play
jazz__stoner
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#8 » by jazz__stoner » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:38 am

Nash really out? Cause with Barbosa starting there goes your bench.
impulsenine
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#9 » by impulsenine » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:48 am

jazz__stoner wrote:Nash really out? Cause with Barbosa starting there goes your bench.

We don't have a bench, so much as a 'starting 7.'

I'm glad we are having this problem, though, because Banks WILL get PT, and others get a chance to step up.

Maybe even my man... Sean Marks.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#10 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:28 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/ar ... pdate.html

Nash/Hill out for sure, Marion is a game-time decision. We called up Strawberry for the D-League, giving us 10 players if Marion plays.

lol can you imagine if he doesn't play? What kind of lineup would we roll out?

Barbosa
Bell
Diaw
Amare
Skinner

Banks
Strawberry
Tucker
Marks

Hahahahaha....oh man, we're going to get destroyed.
huk
Sophomore

Post#11 » by huk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 pm

this is the bench's chance to prove themselves. if they don't play with any intensity tonight, i won't blame d'antoni for keeping them on the pine.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#12 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:52 pm

While lacking some poise, can you imagine a backcourt of Banks and Strawberry... That could be dangerous for any opposing gaurd combo in the league today.

I know you try and win them all... I do. But maybe in this one, with Nash and Hill out and Marion not feeling well... you just let Marion sit and see what your bench can do for you.

With Marion out, D'antoni would start:

Barbs
Bell
Diaw
Amare
Skinner
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
GoDogGo
Sophomore
Location: "Library of Congress, Detriot, beyond the Sun, are any of those right?"

Post#13 » by GoDogGo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:10 pm

That Bell drive to the hoop that looked like Barbs was awesome last night. After that play he really stepped it up. It will be interesting if he could take over the game tonight and maybe go for 30.
Banks really needs to hit his shots against the Jazz.
If Marion doesn't play, we will have to out hustle the Jazz because we will be hugely undersized and vastly out-rebounded.
If Mike D can shock the world and play both rookies for at least 10 mins each, I say we have a chance at this game. Their speed, energy, and aggressiveness will be exactly what this team needs to out hustle this big Jazz team.
The Jazz will also have to miss many shots for us to win.
Watch for Milsap to have a huge game. :x
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#14 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 pm

GoDogGo wrote:That Bell drive to the hoop that looked like Barbs was awesome last night. After that play he really stepped it up. It will be interesting if he could take over the game tonight and maybe go for 30.
Banks really needs to hit his shots against the Jazz.
If Marion doesn't play, we will have to out hustle the Jazz because we will be hugely undersized and vastly out-rebounded.
If Mike D can shock the world and play both rookies for at least 10 mins each, I say we have a chance at this game. Their speed, energy, and aggressiveness will be exactly what this team needs to out hustle this big Jazz team.
The Jazz will also have to miss many shots for us to win.
Watch for Milsap to have a huge game. :x

Two extremely good points. Milsap is a beast, all we can hope to do is contain him down low since we are undersized.

I can't honestly understand why we would need to kill ourselves over a game where we are missing two huge cogs of our offense and potentially our leading rebounder.

What was it that Patton said? "Give someone a job to do and let them suprise you with the results..."

Strawberry? Tucker? Suprise us.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
GoDogGo
Sophomore
Location: "Library of Congress, Detriot, beyond the Sun, are any of those right?"

Post#15 » by GoDogGo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Given roles to play, both of them did great in the Dleague. Granted it was the DL but still they played well in the leadership roles.
Perfect time to inset them in for a game or two. Tell them this is their time, and we are counting on them to bring home the victory. Include Boris, Banks, and Barbs in that speach, and we might just have a chance.
If Piat enters the game before or rookies, I will not be happy, and for sure that whoever he is guarding will score a quick 12.

Tell Tucker that we need at least 8 boards from him and 5 from Bell and DJ, and to bust their butts getting them. Boris will need to have an 05 flashback.

Given the talent we still have to put out there, there is a good chance to pull it out. It will come down to smart coaching and great subbing. Let's hope Mike D is up for the challenge. This is a perfect time for him to silence his critics and show that without big starters, he can coach anyone to be winners. :o Did I really just type that?
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Just give Amare the damn ball, he will absolutely annihilate them if he is actually given solid passes and not half ass passes like late last night that were getting deflected and/or stolen.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#17 » by El Turco » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Suns will get pwned today. 8)
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#18 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:28 pm

today is the day

we MUST go around amare, time to FEED THE BEAST and try a true "standard offense" built around amare

start skinner, move amare to PF, marion to SF and we run a post based offense like the spurs and see what happens with amare at PF as the focal point

if we go "three point bombing" using amare as a screen machine, then i officially with start the "amare demand a trade" bandwagon so that he goes somewhere that uses him and me as a fan gets to watch it

this is the game where we should be going to amare and not amare at C, where he has to worry about fouls on D, but amare at PF with skinner next to him
Ryo Coola
Junior
And1: 47

Post#19 » by Ryo Coola » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:38 pm

I don't buy that style of offense with our personnel. Amare is not a good passer. He is a blackhole. I am all for him touching the ball a lot more in this game, but trying to work the a standard inside/outside game with Amare at the helm is not good. He is ok...to good post player, but not excellent by any means. He doesn't see things around him very well. He is an excellent pick n' roll guy.

I suggest feeding him in the post in the first quarter and see where it leads us.
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#20 » by Kreamy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Is Nash playing?

Return to Phoenix Suns