Run and Gun

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Run and Gun 

Post#21 » by Biff » Fri May 3, 2024 3:54 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Biff wrote:Damn forgot all about Near Fear 33 Is Here. Hope he's doing alright.

What happened to him? Btw, sorry for pulling an old thread from 2008.

No idea and no worries! Looks like he left in 2018. Probably got burnt out on cheering for a bad team. Not sure he would have loved this current Suns team though given his love of Grant Hill, who is a very high character guy and a great leader.

I'm not crazy active on here though, in 17 years I average like 3 posts a week, so I'm only casually acquainted with folks but I always appreciated Never Fears input. TBH I'm surprised this place has held on as long as it has. Most forums have been killed by reddit but somehow this still keeps going. I'm glad for it because the folks here have a lot more basketball knowledge than the kids on reddit. I just get downvoted like crazy on reddit but half the time the stuff I was saying months ago is now meta on the subs. As everyone knows, I've been very down on this team since day 1 and have been pretty vocal about it. For the most part nobody has been taken issue with that here but on reddit they were not happy with me whenever I posted there lol. Now they're pretty much singing the same tune.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,648

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:55 pm

Biff wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Biff wrote:Damn forgot all about Near Fear 33 Is Here. Hope he's doing alright.

What happened to him? Btw, sorry for pulling an old thread from 2008.

No idea and no worries! Looks like he left in 2018. Probably got burnt out on cheering for a bad team. Not sure he would have loved this current Suns team though given his love of Grant Hill, who is a very high character guy and a great leader.

I'm not crazy active on here though, in 17 years I average like 3 posts a week, so I'm only casually acquainted with folks but I always appreciated Never Fears input. TBH I'm surprised this place has held on as long as it has. Most forums have been killed by reddit but somehow this still keeps going. I'm glad for it because the folks here have a lot more basketball knowledge than the kids on reddit. I just get downvoted like crazy on reddit but half the time the stuff I was saying months ago is now meta on the subs. As everyone knows, I've been very down on this team since day 1 and have been pretty vocal about it. For the most part nobody has been taken issue with that here but on reddit they were not happy with me whenever I posted there lol. Now they're pretty much singing the same tune.

That whole group that did that vacation (listed in his "location") is gone with the exception of our long standing resident veteran of the forum, Frank.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,440

Post#23 » by sunskerr » Sat May 4, 2024 4:02 pm

Destination Phoenix was before even my time. Lot of nostalgic names in this thread. Hope so e of these old timers return. This place is so much better than reddit, which quite frankly is a fake form of interaction and community.

You get atomized down to a tiny little avatar and the amount of drones on there, and the downvoting, drowns out any serious kind of discussion. You can kind of tell on forums when someone comes from reddit from the way they engage, too. I stopped posting on Reddit once I realized that nothing anybody posts actually matters, since you get basically no sort of familiarity with specific people - 99.9999% of what you post there just gets lost in the endless stream of threads and million other voices crying out with tiny little avatars - you basically become one of the drones whether or not you struggle against that.

I really enjoy the longer posts we are able to make here and I find we have a higher concentration of serious posters with good ideas here on the Suns board than on Reddit. You can also build familiarity with individual posters because the format is more personal.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,648

Post#24 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 4, 2024 6:59 pm

sunskerr wrote:Destination Phoenix was before even my time. Lot of nostalgic names in this thread. Hope so e of these old timers return. This place is so much better than reddit, which quite frankly is a fake form of interaction and community.

You get atomized down to a tiny little avatar and the amount of drones on there, and the downvoting, drowns out any serious kind of discussion. You can kind of tell on forums when someone comes from reddit from the way they engage, too. I stopped posting on Reddit once I realized that nothing anybody posts actually matters, since you get basically no sort of familiarity with specific people - 99.9999% of what you post there just gets lost in the endless stream of threads and million other voices crying out with tiny little avatars - you basically become one of the drones whether or not you struggle against that.

I really enjoy the longer posts we are able to make here and I find we have a higher concentration of serious posters with good ideas here on the Suns board than on Reddit. You can also build familiarity with individual posters because the format is more personal.

There are SO many names of great posters who left.

This is still my favorite thread....waiting for the 2nd pick in the draft....and the responses after that....

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1345288&hilit=fantasy+draft&start=20#p41120514
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,123

Post#25 » by Calvin Klein » Wed May 8, 2024 5:09 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Destination Phoenix was before even my time. Lot of nostalgic names in this thread. Hope so e of these old timers return. This place is so much better than reddit, which quite frankly is a fake form of interaction and community.

This is still my favorite thread....waiting for the 2nd pick in the draft....and the responses after that....

I just went through the first pages again. I can't believe it's been 10 years!!
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 702

Post#26 » by Kyler Murray » Wed May 15, 2024 12:03 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

This is the Goat of threads

Return to Phoenix Suns