ImageImageImage

Trade Idea - Would you do it??

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Phoenix1977
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Trade Idea - Would you do it?? 

Post#21 » by Phoenix1977 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 pm

He's been VERY unhappy. Some thought he even asked to be traded but no one has proof of that. He hates the new team philosophies and TP...so that probably had a little to do with it. Plus, he lost a step or two and he's been pretty inconsistent.

I hate to lose him too...but getting a really atheltic guy who can run the floor in JRich is a pretty good trade if you ask me. Dudley, well, I loved him out of Boston College, but he hasn't done much in the NBA yet...but he's REALLY young and REALLY cheap. So that helps. I also liked Singletary better than Dragic so that one is kind of strange as well.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#22 » by rsavaj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:18 pm

dbdynsty25 wrote:He's been VERY unhappy. Some thought he even asked to be traded but no one has proof of that. He hates the new team philosophies and TP...so that probably had a little to do with it. Plus, he lost a step or two and he's been pretty inconsistent.

I hate to lose him too...but getting a really atheltic guy who can run the floor in JRich is a pretty good trade if you ask me. Dudley, well, I loved him out of Boston College, but he hasn't done much in the NBA yet...but he's REALLY young and REALLY cheap. So that helps. I also liked Singletary better than Dragic so that one is kind of strange as well.

Richardson's a productive player, and I really like Dudley, but Goran should go before Singles, and Diaw is a fantastic backup at 3 positions....

I hope Tragic gets sent to the D-League and we give all of our PG minutes to Barbo.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#23 » by rsavaj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Hollinger on Richardson:

2007-08 season: This guy has gone from dunk champ to 3-point ace in record time, leading the league in 3-pointers and making the fourth-most in league history (243) while hoisting over seven attempts a game. Though it was his first season in Charlotte, he nearly broke the franchise career record, too.

The good news was that he had his best shooting year as a pro. Richardson hit a career-high 40.4 percent from downtown, and backed it up with a pleasantly surprising 75.2 percent from the line -- he'd been in the 60s each of his four previous seasons.

Richardson was particularly deadly on 3s from the wing, where he would routinely rain down jumpers with a guy right in his face. He finished the year at 43.2 percent on wing 3s, tied for fifth-best in the league, and many of these were contested looks.

Richardson's turnover ratio wasn't as insanely low as a year earlier, probably because the Bobcats needed him to create more offense for himself, but he was in the top third of shooting guards. He also ranked in the top third of his position in rebounds, blocks and steals.

For the second year in a row, Richardson's numbers after the All-Star break were monstrous. He averaged 24.8 points on 46.0 percent shooting after the break, and twice won Eastern Conference Player of the Week, even though Charlotte faced the league's most difficult schedule during this stretch.

Scouting report: Though a fantastic leaper, Richardson isn't a good ball handler and tends to jump off of two feet when he drives, allowing defenders he's beaten to catch up to him. As a result, Richardson goes to the rim less every year. Four years ago he took over half his shots in the immediate basket area; that's gone down every year to last year's 39.5 percent, and his shooting percentage on those shots has fallen every year, too.

Instead, he uses his athleticism on his jump shots. Few players get more elevation, so he can rise up and release over almost any defender. Though he has good size for his position he doesn't post up often, with most of his at-the-basket chances coming on fast breaks and offensive boards.

Richardson's defense was hardly spectacular; in fact at times it was abominable. He's not particularly quick laterally and his off-ball help defense is just a rumor, save for the occasional spectacular block. He helps on the boards and nobody will post him up given his size, but I suspect Larry Brown will demand a lot more from him than his previous coaches.

2008-09 outlook: Richardson is 27 and has established himself as one of the game's top shooting threats, so he should be relatively stable at this level of production for the next few years. The only concern is that his 3-point percentage may dip a bit -- it's possible last year's percentage was an outlier, given his 36.3 percent career mark.

Nonetheless, statistically he's about as bankable as a player can get -- he's durable, consistent and in his prime, and there's nobody around to take shots from him. The only leftover question, then, is whether Larry Brown can coax him to get his defense up to the level of his offense.

I still don't like losing Diaw...that hurts our depth big time, b/c while Amundson is a great energy guy, I can't see him and Lopez as our main backup bigs.
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#24 » by HootieRules » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:36 pm

We'll miss Raja's leadership, we'll miss Diaw's versatility... but I absolutely LOVE this trade. We need an above average 2 in this system and Richardson is a stud. And Dudley isn't exactly garbage either. Sweet Lou or Lopez are going to have to step up though which is nerve racking.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Where did you hear all this, dbdynsty25?
Phoenix1977
Junior

Post#26 » by Phoenix1977 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Yi Jian Lian wrote:Where did you hear all this, dbdynsty25?

I guessed.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#27 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#28 » by b-ball forever » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:59 pm

At least J-Rich and Barnes had pretty good chemistry between them @ GSW...
TheMoochinator
Senior
And1: 22

Post#29 » by TheMoochinator » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 pm

This is crazy if it goes down. Immediately helps our backcourt and perimeter scoring but I think hurts us down low unless amundson and Lopez step up
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#30 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:06 pm

TheMoochinator wrote:This is crazy if it goes down. Immediately helps our backcourt and perimeter scoring but I think hurts us down low unless amundson and Lopez step up

How was Diaw helping you guys down low?
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#31 » by b-ball forever » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Yi Jian Lian wrote:
TheMoochinator wrote:This is crazy if it goes down. Immediately helps our backcourt and perimeter scoring but I think hurts us down low unless amundson and Lopez step up

How was Diaw helping you guys down low?

Diaw was our only player besides Shaq that had a competant low post game
whambamslam
Starter

Post#32 » by whambamslam » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 pm

DB you are awesome ktar is just now reporting this. and Yi Jian Lian Db has his sources and of course he's not going to let us know his source.
We should really change the title to this thread now to be more specific about this trade.
I really don't know what to think about this trade. Sad to see Raja go, but happy to see Boris's contract gone, I think this will have to mean more minutes for Lopez.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#33 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Amare is still young...
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#34 » by nashill » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 pm

il be working for 12 hours today and i hope once i got home, this trade is done..

i was hoping for carter though but richardson is a lot younger.
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#35 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:12 pm

whambamslam wrote:DB you are awesome ktar is just now reporting this. and Yi Jian Lian Db has his sources and of course he's not going to let us know his source.

I figured he was credible, I was just wondering. Worth a shot right? :lol:
whambamslam
Starter

Post#36 » by whambamslam » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:13 pm

Yi Jian Lian wrote:
whambamslam wrote:DB you are awesome ktar is just now reporting this. and Yi Jian Lian Db has his sources and of course he's not going to let us know his source.

I figured he was credible, I was just wondering. Worth a shot right? :lol:

Yeah he knew about the shaq trade way before it happened.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#37 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:24 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _and_bell/

RealGM finally reports it. Good stuff DB!
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran

Post#38 » by Yi Jian Lian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm

DJ Augustin will aid my fantasy production now!
Hiphophead101
Senior
And1: 68

Post#39 » by Hiphophead101 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 pm

You got a steal! No wonder Gerald staying, they wanted J-Rich out. You have a consistant, exciting wing to pair with Nash. First time since Joe Johnson.
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by eastsidecrossover » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:57 pm

about damn time we get a real SG! Like the trade.

Return to Phoenix Suns