Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Re: Amare Trade Thread / Suns trades II 

Post#681 » by pidi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:43 pm

jlove_26 wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:
jlove_26 wrote:There's ONLY 1 way the Suns GIVE Barbosa away so cheaply, especially to New York, and that's if there is a BIG trade involving an extra 2 players coming to the Suns (i.e. a 3 for 1, etc). I still don't think they'd do it that cheap. Maybe an expiring, Lee and a pick, but Barbosa for an expiring and a pick....NO!!!!

--- 1) Surely Walsh would take a contract that runs past 2010 if it was a player they wanted, and Barbs is still a bargain contract for what he brings.
2) I can't see Lee in a deal for Barbs. They've said they want to keep him and if not, I doubt that's the deal they'd make
3) If the Suns want to keep their roster at 13 they aren't doing any 3-for-1 deals, bar someone they waive immediately

Negative. They only have a roster of 12 right now. So if they did a 3 for 1, the roster would be 13.

haha, you silly americans, haha - a classic one in here.
don´t take it personal.... :lol:

i doubt anything will happen, but it´s interesting to hear that kerr is going to take over the coaching job....

Props to the great one
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#682 » by -SDU- » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:46 pm

^ im pretty sure that "is going to take over the coaching job" is more like a "might take over the coaching job"
pidi
Veteran

Post#683 » by pidi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 pm

yah <oure may be right, but definitly good news...

Props to the great one
And1: 4,451

Post#684 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Report on the Bulls board says that David Aldridge and NBAtv are reporting that Phoenix has a deal done with Miami for Amare.

EDIT: NEVERMIND - the poster changed his post.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#685 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Suns outgoing:
Barbosa
Dudly
O'Neal

Suns incoming:
Szcerbiak
Snow
Hickson
James (Jerome)
Lee

ESPN Trade Machine says the Cleveland will win 6 more games this year with O'Neal in the lineup... don't know how you argue with that. Both Mike and Dan would love to have Barbosa up in NY, he would score 25+ a game for them.

We get our lineup to look a bit like the days of old, but with a C that can keep Amare at PF in a small lineup:

PG: Nash/Dragic
SG: Richardson/Barnes
SF: Hill/Szcerbiak
PF: Stoudemire/Hickson
C: Lee/Amundson/Lopez

And the Suns would end up with Szcerbiak, Snow & James expiring at the end of this year (I know this doesn't get us under this year) for $27.2 million. That's if Szcerbiak doesn't get bought out before that and without factoring in the deal with Snow's contract... maybe someone could enlighten me.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant

Post#686 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 pm

What do you guys think David Lee would get in the open FA market?
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
Phoenix1977
Junior
And1: 0

Post#687 » by Phoenix1977 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Sun Scorched wrote:What do you guys think David Lee would get in the open FA market?

BMD (before Mike D), 6 mil per
AMD (after Mike D), 10 mil per
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,809

Post#688 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Sun Scorched wrote:What do you guys think David Lee would get in the open FA market?

8-9 million with this economy.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant

Post#689 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I'd love to see him here. If we ended up keeping Stoudemire, but freed up enough cap space this offseason, I'd make a serious play for that guy.
On Steve Nash:
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#690 » by -SDU- » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:02 pm

i think lee will actually not get his payday with people holding out for better free agents, he could be left behind like a few years ago when everyone went after big names and the lesser lights got short deals hoping to cash in next time
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#691 » by realsunsfan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 pm

dbdynsty25 wrote:

BMD (before Mike D), 6 mil per
AMD (after Mike D), 10 mil per

I'd have to agree with that.....
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,809

Post#692 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:07 pm

-SDU- wrote:i think lee will actually not get his payday with people holding out for better free agents, he could be left behind like a few years ago when everyone went after big names and the lesser lights got short deals hoping to cash in next time

Yep. He'll also have to compete with the likes of Boozer and Milsap. How much will they get?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#693 » by TASTIC » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Boozer $60 over 4
Millsap $40-$45 over 5
DLee $35-$40m over 4

Who knows where they end up...

Marion - I think he's a one year wonder from here on out. He should have taken that $50 over 4 we offered and run with it...
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#694 » by -SDU- » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:21 pm

sad part about all that is Millsap >>>>> boozer IMO

he plays harder and better defense too
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#695 » by TASTIC » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:24 pm

I'd MUCH rather have Millsap at $8m per than Boozer at $12-$15m like he's going to get...
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#696 » by -SDU- » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:29 pm

yup, if there was a trade that brought back millsap for amare i would do it. millsap can play amares role and we can use the change to pay another.... um wait, no the change goes in sarvers pocket :-(
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#697 » by jlove_26 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:32 pm

rb19 wrote:
Are you serious? 12-1+3=13?!

pidi wrote:]
JohnVancouver wrote:

i doubt anything will happen, but it´s interesting to hear that kerr is going to take over the coaching job....

Ok jack-a$$es...was there are 6 expirings on NY roster..Harrington, James, Lee, Robinson, Rose, and Marbury. If we trade Barbosa to NY for an expiring and a pick that's a 1 for 1 deal right? That leaves our roster at 12, 1 short of the minimum. Ok now, NY would deal Harrington, cause we'd have to add another player to match salary and he's their star, so he's out. Marbury makes WAY too much, and we'd have to include Shaq who D'Antoni wouldn't want. Lee is supposedly one they want to keep and re-sign, so he is out. Robinson only makes $2 mil, 4 less than Barbosa, so they would have to add another player, so that's not happening. Therefore, we are left with James and Rose.

Now a deal of Barbosa to NY for an expiring (James or Rose) plus a pick leaves us at 12 players....however if this deal was to go down and we got either of those players in a deal like this, the Suns would BUY THEM OUT, cause James is hurt and Rose is even more insignificant than Lopez and Dragic are!!! Leaving the team at 11 players, SO A 3-1 TRADE involving Amare, Shaq or whoever would have to be in place.
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#698 » by realsunsfan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Tastic, I saw classik's attempt at a new thread, wanted to know what thought of his trade scenario??
pidi
Veteran

Post#699 » by pidi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:44 pm

jlove_26 wrote:
rb19 wrote:
Are you serious? 12-1+3=13?!

pidi wrote:]
JohnVancouver wrote:

Ok jack-a$$es...was there are 6 expirings on NY roster..Harrington, James, Lee, Robinson, Rose, and Marbury. If we trade Barbosa to NY for an expiring and a pick that's a 1 for 1 deal right? That leaves our roster at 12, 1 short of the minimum. Ok now, NY would deal Harrington, cause we'd have to add another player to match salary and he's their star, so he's out. Marbury makes WAY too much, and we'd have to include Shaq who D'Antoni wouldn't want. Lee is supposedly one they want to keep and re-sign, so he is out. Robinson only makes $2 mil, 4 less than Barbosa, so they would have to add another player, so that's not happening. Therefore, we are left with James and Rose.

Now a deal of Barbosa to NY for an expiring (James or Rose) plus a pick leaves us at 12 players....however if this deal was to go down and we got either of those players in a deal like this, the Suns would BUY THEM OUT, cause James is hurt and Rose is even more insignificant than Lopez and Dragic are!!! Leaving the team at 11 players, SO A 3-1 TRADE involving Amare, Shaq or whoever would have to be in place.

i definitly see youre point. but 12-1+3 just isn´t 13 and that´s why i laughed. that´s all. and i doubt we trade barbs to any other team...

Props to the great one
And1: 12

Post#700 » by jlove_26 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Sorry, I didn't go that in depth on my first post. Hell, even with the rumored Shaq to Cavs deal with us getting Wally (rumored that if we did, we'd just buy him out). That's all.

Return to Phoenix Suns